Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mostly-fat is offline Junior Member
    Starting my new life tomorrow.. I plan to do this diet correctly this time.. I've Been reading all I can find on TDEE and Macro needs.. I've got a plan and a food schedule planned out.. I will be doing a weekly update and pic updates every month.. I wanna thank you guys for the solid info and even though we sometimes bump heads I believe it's the best for me..

Some starting stats:

6'2"
    275lbs
    30 YO
    TDEE 2700cals (some calculators gave more but I went kinda middle of them)
    Deficit planned 700 cals a day kinda high but i think it'll work for me..
    1000cal protien 600cal carbs 400cals fat daily
    NO GEAR -thanks for straightening me out on that

I'll put the starting pics up tomorrow of my fat gut lol and the little muscle you can see.. I'll also post nightly what I ate for the day.. I plan to post daily updates but I work alot of weird shift work so some days of posting will be missed but no diet or excercise will be missed..

Along with the Diet I'll be doing cardio and P90X (I know most of you won't like this but it worked great for me last year when I lost about 50lbs so I'm doing it again) I'll worry about a real workout when I get down to 220 or so..

What do you guys think?

PS- I will be consuming no alcohol or cigs and I think the worst part will be no SODA BOOHOO I LOVE SODA

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Good luck mate

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostly-fat View Post

What do you guys think?
    Sounds like you have a great attitude and the motivation to get this done! Stick with it and you'll reach your goals and beyond. Remember - consistency is EVERYTHING. I spent countless hours laboring over the 'perfect plan' but failed every single time. Why? Because I didn't stay sharp. I allowed myself to fall off. My point here is to keep it simple, don't over complicate things (this lifestyle does not have to be and SHOULD not be complicated, unless you're training to be on stage) and stay on your game. Updating this log daily will help keep you honest. If you fall off one day, just get back on. Don't let a day turn into a week, etc. It can happen easily, trust me. You have the fire - take advantage of that!!

Good luck, keep us posted. Pulling for you!

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Excellent man! Glad to see you've came around to putting in a bit of leg work to get weight off and keep it off! No more yo-yo dieting!!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Outta the gate and on your way to the finish line now!

Consistency is key
    Find foods and cardio you like so you stick to it
    Slow wins the race

GOOD LUCK!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    like the others said, consistency and discipline are the magic pills!

good luck and can't wait to see where you take this!

and logging in here everyday helps!

Well today seemed to go pretty good.. got a couple pics sorry I'm not a photographer or do I spend as much time in the mirror doing selfpics like some of you dudes lol
    Hopefully you can see some muscle buried under that heavy fat shits got outta control lol don't bust my balls I know I know it's bad..

Breakfast
    Gold standard 100% 2scoops 1cup FFmilk 1cup water
    1/2 cup oats

10:00am
    3 boiled egg
    Apple+peanut butter

1pm
    7oz boneless chicken breast
    Another apple

Workout at 400
    PWO shake

600pm
    2 pieces of grilled tilapia
    1 cup of vegetables

**2 chips ahoy cookies**
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The fun starts tomorrow-image-287265147.jpg   The fun starts tomorrow-image-2037081041.jpg  

Good for you for posting photos! This shows dedication. Will follow your progress. You are now on the right path.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Man there's really no shame in my game.. I use to be in great shape just went down hill the last few years time to get back in control.. I'd like to actually document or myself to watch the progress.. I'll be posting update pics at the end of every month..

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Man there's really no shame in my game.. I use to be in great shape just went down hill the last few years time to get back in control.. I'd like to actually document or myself to watch the progress.. I'll be posting update pics at the end of every month..
    good luck bro.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    welcome tothe first day of the rest of your life of better nutrition and healthy life style! CHEERS!!!!

K-nut 2129 is offline New Member
    IMO i think one of the most important things you can do is consider this a life-style change rather than a diet. Diets almost always fail but if you come to think of this as your way of life from now on, I think you'll have a lot mroe success. Taking a quick look at your food choices from day 1, your diet looks pretty good. However, remember it's not just how many calories you consume but what those calories are coming from, and when you are getting them. Keep up the good work tho and good luck man!

I'm going into this as a lifestyle change.. I think with just the cutting out soda, fast-food, and doin some exercise will show alot of results..

As someone said in one of my original post I must of really had to work to stay that size which is true I eat even when I'm not hungry just out of boredom.. I was prolly killing 10,000 calories aday..

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Off to a good start

Well my body must be in shock.. I woke up this morning 5lbs lighter than yesterday morning.. I know I shouldn't expect this daily but on my last diet I know it wasn't uncommon to lose a couple pounds a day which is way more than your suppose too, but if I'm following the diet I quess it's just my body killing off the easy fat first..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Well my body must be in shock.. I woke up this morning 5lbs lighter than yesterday morning.. I know I shouldn't expect this daily but on my last diet I know it wasn't uncommon to lose a couple pounds a day which is way more than your suppose too, but if I'm following the diet I quess it's just my body killing off the easy fat first..
    Mainly water weight. Not to worry. You may see dramatic weight fluctuation for the first few weeks, but as long as you remain consistent with your plan things should level off nicely to a safe 1-2lbs/week, steady. If that doesn't happen after say 3-4 weeks, you need to reevaluate your plan and make adjustments/tweaks as necessary.

The more ya have to lose the faster it comes off usually in the beginning so this is no surprise yet a good surprise indeed! helps to motivate for sure. Just stay on path and you will see it melt off more and more. And remember slow wins the race!
    Author Unknown

ma_fighter is offline Associate Member
    Nice man! Now just keep going!

Basically the same intake today.. Honestly the quitting of cigarettes is ten times harder than not eating..

Doug350SD is offline Junior Member
    Basically the same intake today.. Honestly the quitting of cigarettes is ten times harder than not eating..
    I don't know about that I went from 3 packs a day to cold turkey... Nine years now. Food on the other hand is my nemesis..

Good for you on this change you have taken and good luck..

Not even a comparison serious nicotine withdraws couldn't sleep at all last night.. It's kinda good my mind is consumed with thoughts of cigs I don't even get hungry

Wazz is offline Associate Member
    Good luck, I think if you keep involved here on the forum (kind of a support group) that you'll continue & start LIVING the new lifestyle...

Congrats on ditching the cigs! That's got to be hard, most of my buds gained weight when quitting! Your already doing great!

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazz
    Good luck, I think if you keep involved here on the forum (kind of a support group) that you'll continue & start LIVING the new lifestyle...

Congrats on ditching the cigs! That's got to be hard, most of my buds gained weight when quitting! Your already doing great!
    Definitely agree on the support group bit. I always do better when I've got someone to hold me accountable.

Yeah it's nice to have somewhere to report too, definitely feel an obligation.. Today was harder than any day, diet seems like a breeze compared to the smoking.. Today I also ate a chicken breast sandwich at 10am prolly not the best choice but I need to stock my fridge and I won't get a chance until tomorrow after work I'm running low on supplies.. Tomorrow and Friday will be jacked up with work schedule and I got to work 12hr shifts Saturday and Sunday 6-6 so that'll be rough.. Honestly it seems now I'm 100% just fixed on smoking that's my main goal for the next couple weeks I know it gets easier after that.. I quit last year for 9 months this time no cheating ever that's just a setup for failure..

Sorry been slacking on the updates.. 9lbs down it's been real tough achieving my diet/excercise needs while working weird changing shift.. Haven't smoked a cigarette since last Sunday MAJOR PLUS I CAN BREATH BETTER ALREADY.. my diet has been real hit and miss the last couple days, but I'm grocery shopping after work then i can make my meals for most of the week at one time.. And I'll be good for a nice planned steady week.. Man I watched a couple of those zyzz or zeez whatever his name was videos on YouTube, I understand how some think he's a douche but that's a sad story all around.. RIP

ickythump is offline Member
    I was gonna ask what you ate before calorie wise as you seem to have a body type that would not get fat without really trying, but you answered that...i know a guy who looks similaR to you, you can tell he would grow nice muscle but does what he can to be lazy (not saying you were!!) And eat 10k+ cals a day, so instead i will ask what made you change, like the final straw so to speak, maybe i can give some advice to my buddy!! Good luck guy

I was getting lazy for sure.. But i have a very labor intensive job (at times) and it was getting to the point where I was getting to fat to bend over and kneel down and do my job.. I have 3 kids and I wanna be alive and in good shape to be a role model for them, also them cracking jokes about my "big belly" didn't help.. So basically it was a combination of physical needs, family, and self needs..

ma_fighter is offline Associate Member
    9lbs, not bad at all bro! =)
    Yeah, working odd hours can be a real b!tch when trying to get a routine going, just make the best of it, if you know your schedule beforehand, just plan your training and food week by week.
    That way you know you'll get as many workouts in as possible, and as few cheatmeals as possible as well.

Nice to hear that you're still staying away from the smokes as well! Doing all this at the same time takes some determination, keep at it!

/Maf

ickythump is offline Member
    I should just show him your post/progress/good attitude, but then I'd have to explain why I'm on thus forum haha! It's my gf's father, I don't feel like explaining my interest in steroids to some people

That's funny Icky..

Got my meals going good the last couple days since I got my shopping done.. Laid out all my meals for the week got my protien and oats picked up this morning forget to pick them up the other day.. Today will be one week of no cigs feeling good about that.. Down 11 pounds this am.. Starting my daily workout schedule tomorrow it's been hit and miss, no more miss.. Also got me a new iphone5 yesterday you guys got any good diet/fitness apps you wanna recommend..

Also weight does seem to just fall off me I was really working to be that fat I'd love to get to 250 in easy losses before the hard stuff starts..
    Last edited by Mostly-fat; 12-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Sounds like you've got into the swing of dieting. You've came along way since your previous thread!! And no cigs for 1 week is a major achievement on its own, but add that to the 11 pounds and a new diet its all epic man! Well done!!!

You should be able to smash through the 250 lbs mark with no problems, As long as your sticking to your plan.

Keep up the good work and the results will come.

Still dropping a pound a day or more.. 263 this morning.. Did the P90X this morning I know some of you guys don't really dig the infomercial crap but this thing kicks my ass and I think it's prime for the fat burning needs I have.. Also I'm completely out of shape I only made it halfway though and I seriously thought I was gonna pass out., like I had to sit my big ass down lol.. Couple weeks ill be killing it though..

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostly-fat
    Still dropping a pound a day or more.. 263 this morning.. Did the P90X this morning I know some of you guys don't really dig the infomercial crap but this thing kicks my ass and I think it's prime for the fat burning needs I have.. Also I'm completely out of shape I only made it halfway though and I seriously thought I was gonna pass out., like I had to sit my big ass down lol.. Couple weeks ill be killing it though..
    Keep it up brother...it starts out hard but gets easier as you go...don't burn yourself out in the beginning of the workout, give it your all in the end...stick to your diet, food is fuel not a pleasure. Incorporate a cheat meal once a week to keep your sanity if necessary...pause if you can't keep up and need a breath, that's what it's there for...use your chair for pull-ups until you get stronger if necessary...use your knees on push ups if necessary...press play every single day and don't give up no matter how hard it hurts...

You can do it, imagine how good you're going to look in the end and how many women are going to notice you. In the end you'll be in the best shape if your life...

Good luck, we're all rooting for you.

mootyroonks is offline New Member
    Good stuff man, keep it up. I also am battling my diet demons following a back injury and knee surgery i gained about 20 unwanted lbs. You should be proud of yourself for stepping up just don't let down. do it for your job but more importantly as you said, your kids and yourself. before you know it, it will simply become your lifestyle.

Hey guys thanks for the positive reinforcement it really helps..

Today I had no choice but too quit early I got through the first session and there was nothing left I couldn't of done a push-up with a hydraulic jack under me.. This time was actually worse than the first time I did the program.. After the first week I will not quit at all ill push through even when I can't move I think today was the reality check I needed.. I'm fat and way outta shape and it sucks..

As for cheat meals I plan to use holidays and birthdays as my excuse on that.. HURRY UP CHRISTMAS LOL!!!!!!

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    What supplements are you taking in conjunction with the program? I wouldn't buy into any of the Beachbody supplements

You're going to get better day by day if you give it your everything. You will get better, you will look better, and you will get stronger.

supernatural28 is offline Junior Member
    What I would suggest is a detox first..liquid fast for a week or two..then start your new diet..you will feel much better. you will lose around 20-30 lbs in a short period of time..good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by Shsm
    What supplements are you taking in conjunction with the program? I wouldn't buy into any of the Beachbody supplements

You're going to get better day by day if you give it your everything. You will get better, you will look better, and you will get stronger.
    I don't use any of their stuff just like their program..

I take a animal pak in the morning with a 2 scoop of Gold standard whey protien shake.. 1/2 cup fat free milk 1/2 water

Also a endurox R4 recovery drink after I workout..

This morning I was running late so I worked out on a completely empty stomach just didn't have the gas in the tank to finish not gonna make that mistake again..

Quote Originally Posted by supernatural28
    What I would suggest is a detox first..liquid fast for a week or two..then start your new diet..you will feel much better. you will lose around 20-30 lbs in a short period of time..good luck..
    Ill have to take your word on that.. Fasting is not my thing and that kinda sounds like a crash diet of some kind which is what I'm trying to get away from..

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just stumbled on this thread and one thing sticks out. You say you could not finish your workout and list whey milk and water as what you ate. This is likely because you lacked carbs for energy. Unless you are doing fasted cardio where you eat nothing to try to drop wieght ( works great by the way ) you want to eat some carbs not protein, as this will fuel your workout. Protein is consumed after the workout to allow for muscle growth, however at this point you will probably do well to use the fat being metabolized as the fuel and PWO protein needs will be minimal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information