ValeTudoFighter is offline Junior Member

How technical should I get with my diet?

I think I am overloading my self with info and I don't totaly understand it all.

Are there different levels of dieting depending on how serious you want to be? Like Level one would be: Eat more protein then fat and carbs. Level two Eat X amount of protein and avoid such and such kinds of fats and carbs?? Or is it more like all or none, if you want to diet do it this way and this way only. If anyone can give me some tips or a sample diet for what I am looking for that would be great. Thanks a lot.

I am 6'2" 220-225 my guess at BF would be 12-15. I am tight every where but my stomach, with a shirt on you cant tell I have a gut but it's there.

I am not looking to really get ripped just tighten up and get a bit bigger.

I also would like to know what I should avoid that might hurt my stamina and muscle fatigue.
    Last edited by ValeTudoFighter; 05-05-2003 at 11:48 AM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well dieting has 3 different levels.

Level 1- The I don't care how I look phase, which allows you to eat any and everything you want.

Level 2- Dieting phase- Which allows you to eat clean, with one cheat meal a week or less. Approximatly proteins 1x lbm, carbs 1.5-2x lbm, fats should make up the rest. Calories are "typically" about 500 or so below maintanance

Level 3- Bulking phase- Same as Level 2 just more of it. I hate when people think bulking equals eating whatever they want as long as they're putting on weight. No, eat clean just more of it. Again "typically" calories are 500 or so above maintanance.

ValeTudoFighter is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Big Texan, that helps...but when you say eat clean, not sure exactly what you mean. Here is the way I look at it.

Fruits and vegtables are good and I would consider any of them clean but I hear people say dont eat this vegtable or this fruit because of high GI or low GI what ever the case.

If I am not trying to be a body builder do i need to worry about things like this or is this extreme. I look at it like, fruit is better then junk food, am I right or should some fruit be considered juke food?

It all depends on your goals. What I mean by clean is not going to McDonalds twice a day. No junk, little to nothing with "added" sugar. Stay away from processed foods. Lean choices of meats, whole grain breads and pastas, all fruits and veggies. It sounds like you have the jist of things.

Oh yeah.....fruits and such are ok, but everything has its time and place to be eaten.

Thread Information