TinyBeal is offline New Member

Protein serving per portion

Is there any truth to the point that you can not have more than 30 g of protein per serving or that your body will just throw the rest of it away

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    boy wouldnt that be great if it were true. we could just gorge ourselves on protein everyday and not get fat!

it is B.S. (in case u didnt gather that)..

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    x2. Complete BS. The idea that a 110lb woman and 250lb male both can only assimilate 30g of protein is beyond preposterous!

TinyBeal is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    x2. Complete BS. The idea that a 110lb woman and 250lb male both can only assimilate 30g of protein is beyond preposterous!
    That was my thought but I had it from someone I respect quite a bit that the 30g thing was rule. Glad its not I would have to crush 9 portions of protein daily that way. I am glad to verify this.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by TinyBeal View Post
    That was my thought but I had it from someone I respect quite a bit that the 30g thing was rule. Glad its not I would have to crush 9 portions of protein daily that way. I am glad to verify this.

Thanks guys
    Time to start rethinking who you respect based on his/her knowledge!

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Is there a place I can go to read the scientific explanation of why this is true?
    I got into an argument with a guy about this topic. I know its BS but I can't really explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Is there a place I can go to read the scientific explanation of why this is true?
    I got into an argument with a guy about this topic. I know its BS but I can't really explain why.
    I'm sure I could dig something up, but IMO it almost seems like common sense. Larger meals (protein, or whatever) will simply take longer to digest. Anything after 'X' number of grams isn't simply wasted.

I have a better idea. Ask this guy to produce a study that explains his broscience theory. That's the one that needs to be backed up IMO. He probably thinks the Earth is flat as well.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I wish I could tell u where, but it's there.

If you take in to much protein your body will strip the nitrogen from the amino acids and excrete the nitrogen in urine, the rest of the elements that make up the protein will b metabolized in the liver into glucose and used as energy or stored as fat. The body uses only as much protein as needed. Every person is going to be different in regards to activity level, size, lbm, etc. there is a possibility that your body will use high amounts of protein at one point and very small portions at other times of the day. It depends on your diet and activity level of when and how much protein you should be taking in, because as states before there is no storage for protein as there is carbs and fat. Hope that battles ur myth

-TroN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    the concept of intermittent fasting speaks directly to this idea. there are plenty of guys who only eat in a 4 hr window and yet still consume 200-350g protein per day to maintain their LBM and/or gain LBM.

chek out intermittent fasting thru google. lean gains

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    the concept of intermittent fasting speaks directly to this idea. there are plenty of guys who only eat in a 4 hr window and yet still consume 200-350g protein per day to maintain their LBM and/or gain LBM.

chek out intermittent fasting thru google. lean gains
    Exactly! I'm eating over 100g of protein in my post workout, I'm losing fat so it's not being stripped and converted to fat, and I'm maintaining lbm so my 6-8 hour feeding window isn't causing my muscles to deteriorate. Nutrient timing!

-TroN

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    I wish I could tell u where, but it's there.

If you take in to much protein your body will strip the nitrogen from the amino acids and excrete the nitrogen in urine, the rest of the elements that make up the protein will b metabolized in the liver into glucose and used as energy or stored as fat. The body uses only as much protein as needed. Every person is going to be different in regards to activity level, size, lbm, etc. there is a possibility that your body will use high amounts of protein at one point and very small portions at other times of the day. It depends on your diet and activity level of when and how much protein you should be taking in, because as states before there is no storage for protein as there is carbs and fat. Hope that battles ur myth

-TroN
    Great post.

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Agreed great post again !!!

Thread Information