Can't train? Keep on using those BCAAs...

Here's a great read on the use of BCAA's to stave muscle atrophy...imagine what it can do when you're training! I love the stuff and take it 3 times a day.

http://www.ergo-log.com/can-t-train-...ose-bcaas.html

Conslusion
    "In conclusion, BCAA protected against soleus muscle atrophy induced by hindlimb suspension and decreased atrogin-1 and MuRF1 protein levels, suggesting the possibility that BCAA protects against muscle atrophy, at least in part, via the inhibition of the Ub-proteasome pathway", the researchers write. "Oral BCAA administration appears to have the potential to protect against immobilization or microgravity-induced muscle atrophy."

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    looks like i need to buy me some (esp since i can't train right now!) THX!!!!

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Thats a great article GD. I stopped using BCAA awhile back, but i think i will now include them starting Mon.

Thanks.

Ya know Micky, BCAA's have been clinically proven to not only help with recovery but build lead muscle mass so it's the real deal.

BTW, blog is great...did you check out the other links on it?

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Yeah there are quite a few other supporting links! I read, "Told you so: BCAAs are anti-catabolic" as it caught my eye immediately.

I used to include it for recovery but i wasn't 100% sold on it. And then I simply got away from it for some strange reason. Not anymore though. Thats a very convincing article GD, thanks again.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    GD what the heck r u doing in here!?!? good to see u over here!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    GD what the heck r u doing in here!?!? good to see u over here!
    Yea, with the recent promotion I thought I'd spread myself around more...I do know a bit more than TRT for men 405... LOL!

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Charles P wrote a great article on bcaa and about actually take larger then normal doses before during and after a work out. i guess if you compete or can afford a tub a week then its something worth following through.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    I was gonna stop buying BCAA pills but i'm gonna rethink it now. They are insanely convenient and cheap

Buy it in the micronized form as it will give you the best absorption and you can mix it anything...even coffee!

Thanks for the advice. Didn't realize they made it in they form. Very good to know.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have tons of BCAA's at store and it seems like people look over them even after me explaining how much of a benefit they are.

Nice article GD

They probably think your just trying to sell shit to them you need to get rid of. People are pretty hard headed about supplements. Quick to buy the latest garbage out of muscle and fitness but refuse to eat right and they neglect things like protein powder. Its ridiculous.

I take it before and after each training session in a protein shake and every night before bed when the body does most of it's healing and muscle repair.

I use Body Tech micronized powder form that you can buy at Vitamin Shoppe and I mix it in everything.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Wow, GD with a rare appearance here! I like it. More of this please!

Thread Information