energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

Question on macros. TDEE etc

Im after some help getting diet in check for 2013,,,,,shit ive been on and off for 10 years just about and still no were near my goals, my training is always strong, from weights to running to mma to climbing etc......im fairly to very active depending on time of year,commitments etc. BUT my diet has always been shit, ill start fail, start fail, you get the picture. well im going to give it one last shot before setling on being a FAT ASS! im 31 and know its just going to get harder from now on in.......ive been researching diet etc for a good while and compared to my friends,colleagues, family im pretty clued up on it. THough knowing and doing are so far apart for me its unreall.......right here goes.

ive been reading the stickies again and also just watched milos sarcevs vids again....ive worked out my TDEE using this formula (as i do not know my body fat and want to get started ASAP in new year) im looking for a local place to get my BF recorded, hopefull bod pod.....

BMR =66+(13.7x weight)+(5xheight)-(6.8xage).......i have classed myself as moderately active using 1.55 so BMR x 1.55

gives me 2900 calories for maintenance,,,,,,so im going to go with 2400 cals for cutting.... BUT when ive watched milos vids and worked out my protein, carbs and fat intake.....using a 40/40/20 split P/C/F.....its like this 290 grams protein, 290 grams carbs and 145 grams of fat......works out at 2900 cals....

QUESTION 1.......should i work out all of the above for a target weight? or should i work out the above for 2400 cals? and how would i do this?

sorry if this doesnt make total sense!!......any questions please ask

cheers.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post

BMR =66+(13.7x weight)+(5xheight)-(6.8xage).......i have classed myself as moderately active using 1.55 so BMR x 1.55

gives me 2900 calories for maintenance,,,,,,so im going to go with 2400 cals for cutting.... BUT when ive watched milos vids and worked out my protein, carbs and fat intake.....using a 40/40/20 split P/C/F.....its like this 290 grams protein, 290 grams carbs and 145 grams of fat......works out at 2900 cals....
    cheers.
    hey bunny.. wher u been man havent seen u before but u were obviously here long before me!

1. what r ur complete stats? age weight height bf%??

2. BMR x 1.55 is a bad formula for calculating maintenance IMO. better is (LBM x 15)

3. fat = 9cals per gram not 4cals per gram

4. 290g carbs IMO is way to many to run every day on a cut

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    hey bunny.. wher u been man havent seen u before but u were obviously here long before me!

alright 405 glad u droped in, ive been looking through your thread and you are one of the motivations for me getting my diet clean, so cheers.

1. what r ur complete stats? age weight height bf%??

height 168cm (5.6) weight 85.7kg (192lbs) BF% will be getting tested in new year a guess would be 25% right now! maybe a little higher, all on my gut and chest..age 31

2. BMR x 1.55 is a bad formula for calculating maintenance IMO. better is (LBM x 15)

i take it ill need my BF% for LBM

3. fat = 9cals per gram not 4cals per gram

my mistake cheers :0) so 9 cals fat,4 cals carbs,4 cals pro

4. 290g carbs IMO is way to many to run every day on a cut
    I was thinking the same, but was thinking go with the begining split i.e 40/40/20.......what split would you recomend?

Really appreciate your help mate, you GB and Ste m have really motivated me after going through your threads!!........

yeh going with 40/40/20 in the beginning will be fine. ur carbs will be lower than 290g anyways because u will not be eating 2900cals.

based on ur estimated bf% (25%) and 192lbs weight u have 144lbs LBM

rough maintenance for u = 144 x 15 = 2160cals

id prob start somewhere in the neighborhood of 1900-2000cals BUT u need accurate bf% to get a better idea. depending how active or inactive u have been over the last year or so (along with bf%/LBM) will determine what kinds of results u get and how stringent u will have to be to get results..

yeh going with 40/40/20 in the beginning will be fine. ur carbs will be lower than 290g anyways because u will not be eating 2900cals.

based on ur estimated bf% (25%) and 192lbs weight u have 144lbs LBM

rough maintenance for u = 144 x 15 = 2160cals

id prob start somewhere in the neighborhood of 1900-2000cals BUT u need accurate bf% to get a better idea. depending how active or inactive u have been over the last year or so (along with bf%/LBM) will determine what kinds of results u get and how stringent u will have to be to get results..
    Cheers 405.....ill get my BF sorted in the new year......i think ill start on 2000 cals......ill get i diet set up and post it within the next week or so........id appreciate your input on that aswell 405.

quick question...........should i calculate my macros at my LBM of 144?

2000cals
    40/40/20
    200g pro
    200g carbs
    44g fat

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    quick question...........should i calculate my macros at my LBM of 144?
    i dont like estimating cals and macros without bf% but for a week i think 2000cals 40/40/20 will be fine. get that bf%!! mister!!

2000cals
    40/40/20
    200g pro
    200g carbs
    44g fat

could you plaese give me the formula(s) you have used 405..........so i can workout myself once i get my BF% cheers

i dont like estimating cals and macros without bf% but for a week i think 2000cals 40/40/20 will be fine. get that bf%!! mister!!
    will do mate, tho it mite be closer to 4 weeks than 1 untill i get it sorted.

Its ok mate, ive worked out the formula..............cheers

Thread Information