Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: energizer bunny diet progress log (come on 6 pack)

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Day 98 (Day 13 of UD 2.0)

Power training day, weight friday 174lbs. weight today after carb load 181lbs......so exactly the same as last week, i looked fuller and leaner this week somehow, i felt really good in the gym, think loading with creatine has helped also.........diet today is moderate carbs, with lowish cals.

DIET MACROS......Cals 1600...Carbs 240 ...Fat 27 ...Prot 100

cheers

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Day 99 (Day 14 of UD 2.0)

Recovery day, and do i need it!! im super sore from yesterdays power training.......diet is 20% below maint,mod carbs.......im back at college tonight after a nice 2 weeks off for easter.

DIET MACROS......Cals 1562...Carbs 190 ...Fat 29 ...Prot 119

cheers

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Day 99 (Day 14 of UD 2.0)

Recovery day, and do i need it!! im super sore from yesterdays power training.......diet is 20% below maint,mod carbs.......im back at college tonight after a nice 2 weeks off for easter.

DIET MACROS......Cals 1562...Carbs 190 ...Fat 29 ...Prot 119

cheers
    Your protein and fats abit low lately isnt it mate? Fats important, 40g would be good. Your protein should be around 1g-1.5g per lb of LBM.
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-15-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Your protein and fats abit low lately isnt it mate? Fats important, 40g would be good. Your protein should be around 1g-1.5g per lb of LBM.
    alright mate, off the top of my head the ratio is 60/25/15 carb/pro/fat..........so cant remeber the math but it worked out at 1600 cals...carbs 240 after taking 20% off maintenance carbs, protein at 100 gram, i know he mentioned going to 150 but i decided to just stick wih the ratios for these days....and fats is at 27 gram for these days.....im just back from college doing math lol......so my head is done in, so might not be accurate, id have to check my notes.

cheers

alright mate, off the top of my head the ratio is 60/25/15 carb/pro/fat..........so cant remeber the math but it worked out at 1600 cals...carbs 240 after taking 20% off maintenance carbs, protein at 100 gram, i know he mentioned going to 150 but i decided to just stick wih the ratios for these days....and fats is at 27 gram for these days.....im just back from college doing math lol......so my head is done in, so might not be accurate, id have to check my notes.

cheers
    He says to take the 20% from carbs mate. You need at least a gram of protein per lb of LBM. Or your body will make up the rest of what it needs by eating your LBM.
    Fats are needed to keep your hormones going, among other reasons.

He says to take the 20% from carbs mate. You need at least a gram of protein per lb of LBM. Or your body will make up the rest of what it needs by eating your LBM.
    Fats are needed to keep your hormones going, among other reasons.
    i did take the 20% from carbs mate (my maintennace cals are 2000)........and the fats are what i got using the ratio above (if i up the fats i up the cals therefore not hitting the 20% below maintenance......i will up the protein to 140gram and deduct that from the carbs so cals stay the same...

i did take the 20% from carbs mate (my maintennace cals are 2000)........and the fats are what i got using the ratio above (if i up the fats i up the cals therefore not hitting the 20% below maintenance......i will up the protein to 140gram and deduct that from the carbs so cals stay the same...
    If your LBM is 140lb,

140 x 2 = 280g carb

140 x 1 = 140g protein

40g fat

This is Lyle method of calculating rough maintenance, for the day you are on.

Or 140 x 15 = 2100cal

If your LBM is 140lb,

140 x 2 = 280g carb

140 x 1 = 140g protein

40g fat

This is Lyle method of calculating rough maintenance, for the day you are on.

Or 140 x 15 = 2100cal
    are fuk knows then ( i went over and over lol).......ill have a look over at the wknd mate.......looks about right tho.....cheers.

are fuk knows then ( i went over and over lol).......ill have a look over at the wknd mate.......looks about right tho.....cheers.
    No probs, sorry if you think im Been nosey, just I want you to get it right

No probs, sorry if you think im Been nosey, just I want you to get it right
    not at all mate!!.....its good to have things pointed out sometimes, i would never have realised other wise........cheers for that mate.

Day 100 (Day 15 of UD 2.0)

Depletion day 1, its been a very long day, i was up at 0445 and just got in now 2000, work,workout, college, head mashed haha........anyway depletion another very tough workout but glad its done,i will be adding cardio to tomorrows workout.

DIET MACROS......Cals 1131...Carbs 42 ...Fat 38 ...Prot 148

cheers

Day 101 (Day 16 of UD 2.0)

Depletion day 2, wow! that was the toughest yet!....i felt shaterd before i started so the going was hard today, id planned on doing 30mins cardio but only did 10mins........i just can not do shit boring steady state cardio in a gym!!!!.......no way no how!.........if its not HIIT i dont want to feken know! end of!! (rant over)

this is the hungriest ive felt aswell, didnt help watching my work mate stuff FREE!! mcdonalds breakfast down his skinny little neck.......there was a promotion on....i was in the huff all day lol but i hid it well...........as you can tell im a bit pissed today. never mind eh, mince,asparagus and broc to look forward to!........can not wait for this weeks carb load.

DIET MACROS......Cals 1131...Carbs 42 ...Fat 38 ...Prot 148

cheers

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1131 calories thats rough!

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    1131 calories thats rough!
    its meant to be 1200 but ive got a routine that works out at 1131 so im happy to lose the 70 cals.........its only for 3.5 days then i get a super calorie and carb load of 5000 cals and 1100 carbs so its worth it to be fair.

Day 102 (Day 17 of UD 2.0)

Recovery day......im super sore today and very hungry but otherwise ok, steak, brocoli tonight!........shopping aswell so get to pick all my lovely carbs for tomorrow!..

DIET MACROS......Cals 1209...Carbs 42 ...Fat 44 ...Prot 153

cheers

Day 102 (Day 17 of UD 2.0)

Recovery day......im super sore today and very hungry but otherwise ok, steak, brocoli tonight!........shopping aswell so get to pick all my lovely carbs for tomorrow!..

DIET MACROS......Cals 1209...Carbs 42 ...Fat 44 ...Prot 153

cheers
    I feel abit tired an drained today too mate, just started my carb up so hopefully it will perk me up. Hang in there brotha, only tomorrow then you get to stuff your face

I feel abit tired an drained today too mate, just started my carb up so hopefully it will perk me up. Hang in there brotha, only tomorrow then you get to stuff your face
    cheers mate, looking forward to tomorrow........

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    After reading both yours and 951's logs I may reconsider the carb cycling and stay with IF. I do realize that it's temporary til you achieve your goal then you go to maintenance but, will it work with my lifestyle is my issue!

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    After reading both yours and 951's logs I may reconsider the carb cycling and stay with IF. I do realize that it's temporary til you achieve your goal then you go to maintenance but, will it work with my lifestyle is my issue!
    Yeah it is a demanding routine mate, kinda takes over your life lol

IF can be good, works well for some but not for others, you could run a basic carb cycle along with the IF (worked well ish for myself)
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-18-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Weighed myself this morning, and again 12st 6lbs....so exactly the same!!...very annoying and demotivating!! Is it possible that im losing bf and gaing muscle? Doubt it! So i must be hitting maint cals every week!! Dont know how....anyway im changing up maint days to have less carbs,i had the math wrong, tho cals were still correct. Im going to see this 6 weeks out no matter what. Also need blood work done as i feel no matter what ive done over the years my progress is very slow/poor....rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    it is very demanding mate,the diet is pretty easy imo (especially if you were seeing results) but the depletion workouts are horrible to put it nicely lol....

Weighed myself this morning, and again 12st 6lbs....so exactly the same!!...very annoying and demotivating!! Is it possible that im losing bf and gaing muscle? Doubt it! So i must be hitting maint cals every week!! Dont know how....anyway im changing up maint days to have less carbs,i had the math wrong, tho cals were still correct. Im going to see this 6 weeks out no matter what. Also need blood work done as i feel no matter what ive done over the years my progress is very slow/poor....rant over.
    I was the same the first few weeks mate, but my bodyfat readings where going down, so I guess I was gaining LBM.
    Don't get discouraged mate. The scales are not a good way to gage progress. Do you take bodyfat readings?

I was the same the first few weeks mate, but my bodyfat readings where going down, so I guess I was gaining LBM.
    Don't get discouraged mate. The scales are not a good way to gage progress. Do you take bodyfat readings?
    thats good to hear mate.....nah i havent got a accurate way to do it, ive got some accumeasure calipers, says im 18% at the start.......i do feel leaner mind........the thing is i actually want to lose weight aswell fat.....as i want to get to a manageable weight for my mma etc.

thats good to hear mate.....nah i havent got a accurate way to do it, ive got some accumeasure calipers, says im 18% at the start.......i do feel leaner mind........the thing is i actually want to lose weight aswell fat.....as i want to get to a manageable weight for my mma etc.
    That's all I use is calipers as well, there not very accurate, but they do give you an indication that you are losing bodyfat. I take a photo on my mobile phone every Saturday morning also, good way to track progress. Also I only let myself look at my body in the mirror once per week, I notice the changes better this way. Don't put any stock into your scale readings mate, go by how you look in the mirror.

Day 103 (Day 18 of UD 2.0)

tension training session today, this is so much easier than the depletion days!.....time for the carb load so happy about that...im going o carb load without creatine this week and see what thats like.

DIET MACROS......Cals ...Carbs ...Fat ...Prot

cheers

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Love it EB.... I know I don't post in it much, but you're so damn consistent with logging, it's awesome. Glad to see you're still going strong... on a brutal diet no less! Keep up the good work brother!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Love it EB.... I know I don't post in it much, but you're so damn consistent with logging, it's awesome. Glad to see you're still going strong... on a brutal diet no less! Keep up the good work brother!
    cheers GB,thanks for the nice comment!.........having a log is porbably the number 1 reason i havent crumbled this time around lol....having to come on here each day and answer you lot keeps me on the straight.......

That's all I use is calipers as well, there not very accurate, but they do give you an indication that you are losing bodyfat. I take a photo on my mobile phone every Saturday morning also, good way to track progress. Also I only let myself look at my body in the mirror once per week, I notice the changes better this way. Don't put any stock into your scale readings mate, go by how you look in the mirror.
    you use acccumeaure 1 site calipers or do you have metal (real calipers)?..............ive took a photo at the begin and will at week 6..........i wouldnt normally care about the scales but i want my walk around weight to be at most 165lbs.........cheers for the suport mate, i was well gutted yesterday!

you use acccumeaure 1 site calipers or do you have metal (real calipers)?..............ive took a photo at the begin and will at week 6..........i wouldnt normally care about the scales but i want my walk around weight to be at most 165lbs.........cheers for the suport mate, i was well gutted yesterday!
    I've got a cheap set of calipers, they're plastic, I payed 99p for them on eBay lol they're not the best, but they do the job. I do a 7 point test, I use a online bodyfat calculator to get my percentage. Take a reading once per every 2 weeks, I seem to be going down a percent every 2 week's.

I've got a cheap set of calipers, they're plastic, I payed 99p for them on eBay lol they're not the best, but they do the job. I do a 7 point test, I use a online bodyfat calculator to get my percentage. Take a reading once per every 2 weeks, I seem to be going down a percent every 2 week's.
    i mine are plastic aswell, ill check out point tests, just been told that they arent reliable so i never thought to use them, but if i keep consist with the tests then atleast i can gauge progress whether or not its accurate..

i mine are plastic aswell, ill check out point tests, just been told that they arent reliable so i never thought to use them, but if i keep consist with the tests then atleast i can gauge progress whether or not its accurate..
    Yeah it does'nt really matter if they're accurate, just so long as your skin fold measurements are going down each week, that's a good indication your reducing bf. Some good vids on YouTube for tips with calipers. Just make sure you use the same test each week. The 4 point test is the most common test and easy to do, because you can do it to yourself.

Day 104 (Day 19 of UD 2.0)

recovery day and carb load day!!..........best day of the week!.........thai yellow chicken curry tonight with coconut rice!! its been cooking in the slow cooker all day! get in.

DIET MACROS......Cals ...Carbs ...Fat ...Prot

cheers

somehow ive pulled a muscle in my left calf yesterday, dont know how since i didnt train or doing anything strenuous, never mind it shouldnt effect my power work out later today.

Day 105 (Day 20 of UD 2.0)

Power training day and 20% below maintenance cals ( adjusted from the last 2 weeks as my math was wrong and id had to many carbs...cheers 951thompson for pointing that out)
    i completed my power workout,squats,deads,dbell bench,dbell preses then accesory exercises after.........i didnt feel strong at all this week (maybe becuase i didnt creatine load) ill be adding that back in next week......weight, no surprise here 12 stone 13lbs today....so every friday im 12st 6lbs and every sunday im 12st 13lbs.....anyway another 3 weeks to go.

new cal and macro target for 20% below maint days= `1600 cals....180 carbs....36 fat....140 protein

DIET MACROS......Cals 1632 ...Carbs 168 ...Fat 37 ...Prot 137

cheers
    Last edited by energizer bunny; 04-21-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Day 106 (Day 21 of UD 2.0)

recovery day........feeling a little sore off yesterdays training (and still have a pulled calf) but otherwise good.........20% below maintennace again today.

DIET MACROS......Cals 1725 ...Carbs 183 ...Fat 43 ...Prot 137

cheers

also i have booked a consultation with an endocrinologist for may 10th, so hopefully get this ball rolling for my blood tests!

also i have booked a consultation with an endocrinologist for may 10th, so hopefully get this ball rolling for my blood tests!
    Did you do this private or with your GP?

Did you do this private or with your GP?
    private, my doc was no good....

private, my doc was no good....
    Ah right did you ask your GP?

How much? ££££

I but she didnt want to know, plus ive been told if you get it done on the NHS it goes on your record and can affect life insurance etc.....

the consultation is £150.......so not cheap,but hopefully worth it.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information