Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: energizer bunny diet progress log (come on 6 pack)

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

energizer bunny diet progress log (come on 6 pack)

For years I’ve been trying to get my body fat low enough to see my ABS and after 10 years I’m still not there!!!!! I've researched diet, training and steroids for about as long...so should be exactly where I want to be, BUT I’m not.....and its all to do with me and food, you see I love training and have never had a problem applying myself, my motivation to train is insane, I love it! With food though I’m weak and pathetic, I’ll start a diet and crumble or ill say I am allowed a cheat day or weekend, associate my good/relax time with eating crap foods while i watch tv or surf the net.. blah blah blah, basically kidding myself every time........I’ve tried all fad diets so that i can justify eating shit at weekends and then ill complain that I don’t have abs, telling myself and anyone who will listen that i must have a problem, my thyroid must be low, my genes are shit, my test is low blah blah blah .....well you get the picture, I’ve been cheating myself out of abs and no one to blame but my weak ass!!!

well it’s time for me to put up or shut up!!! SO with this forum and its quality members (vets, beginners anyone willing to help kick my ass) I’m going to have my 6 pac for this summer!!!
    The lowest I've ever had my body fat % was 15% so first target is 14%!

Project pull your pants up and stop being a lazy, weak and pathetic idiot...starts 07-01-13

I’m out of bed for work anywhere between 0300 and 0530 Monday through Friday this all depends on where I’m working that day, I leave the house 30mins after waking and im out the house for 10 hours. 2 nights a week Monday and Tuesday I’m at college for 3 hours.

so the times of my meals will vary greatly but I’m going to stick to this plan....

Stats
    AGE-31 years old
    HEIGHT-167 cm tall
    WEIGHT-85kg (190lbs)
    BF%- guess from pics and experience 25%-28% (will get tested ASAP) I’ll get a pic up also so you can judge for yourself.

Goal-to get below 10% and see abs!

DIET
    meal 1-whey pro,almond milk,oats

meal 2- Egg whites, 1 slice burgen bread,5 gram butter (might get rid of this meal for something else)

meal 3-chicken breast (will change this up with fish or other meat staying in macros) rice(will change this up with potatoes staying in macros) veg (peppers and greens)

meal 4-(PWO) whey pro, dextrose.

meal 5- mince beef (will change this up with fish or other meat staying in macros) fish oils, veg (peppers and greens)

meal 6-caesin pro,fish oil

total macros using my fitness pal

calories 1795, 210grams pro, 130grams carbs, 39grams of fat

Training
    ive been training a lot of combat sports this past year but due to college and work im having to take a step back until college is over, so here’s my new plan.

Monday- Lower Body power day
    Tuesday- Upper Body power day
    Wednesday- Muay Thai, MMA
    Thursday- Lower Body hypertrophy (20mins HIIT bag work)
    Friday- Upper Body hypertrophy (20mins HIIT bag work)
    Saturday- a.m run....p.m sparring session
    Sunday- Rest

I have been motivated by a few members on here to keep a log and having to take responsibility for what I do seems to be a good idea………
    Id appreciate any support but will be keeping a log either way……cheers

taaa is offline Junior Member
    looks good will be looking forward to your progress good luck!

BarneyBhoy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taaa
    If u keep posting update pics that might stop you having cheat days if you know your gonna have to post a better pic than last time

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by taaa View Post
    cheers mate,,,there will def be progress..

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyBhoy View Post
    If u keep posting update pics that might stop you having cheat days if you know your gonna have to post a better pic than last time
    thats the plan mate, i wont be posting lots of pics just the one for now but ill be taking weekly pics for myself..

Just got back in from the shops, bought all my meat,veg etc.......got the old scales out and i cut and weighed all the meats into 125gram bags ready for monday.......prob going to have to revise macros as the nutritional info on the meat i have bought is different than myfitness pal, no hardship.....package info is actually better.

cheers

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    We'll done mate. Just a word on packaged macro listings, they are often for cooked weights. If you're unsure as to anything in particular list it here and I'll see what my listings say for uncooked macro's.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Now, am I missing a post from 405 that I thought I'd seen here previously?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    We'll done mate. Just a word on packaged macro listings, they are often for cooked weights. If you're unsure as to anything in particular list it here and I'll see what my listings say for uncooked macro's.
    hello mate, really glad you droped in!......how are you healing up?

no 405 hasnt posted in this thread yet, sure he will tho.......

excellent ill have a look now and post up some macros for chicken and mince beef.

ahh......it actually says grilled on the package.....chicken breast 130gram, 180cals,37.4 pro, 3.4 fat. 0 carb........

Well 100g raw chicken breast will yield approx 21g protein and 3G fat and approx 110cals.

Chuck up your meal plan with macro's for each meal. I like your split but just try and have carbs pre and post workout. If you struggle with concentration at college we can try and split that up further.

Oh, personally I hate any simple sugars, especially when cutting. So I'd change that post workout sugar if I were you.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Well 100g raw chicken breast will yield approx 21g protein and 3G fat and approx 110cals.

Chuck up your meal plan with macro's for each meal. I like your split but just try and have carbs pre and post workout. If you struggle with concentration at college we can try and split that up further.

Oh, personally I hate any simple sugars, especially when cutting. So I'd change that post workout sugar if I were you.
    cheers mate

just done the math on the chicken breasts and lean beef.....125gram chick breast has 120 cals,21.8gram pro,3.2 fat. 0 carb........125gram lean mince beef has 125 cals,26.8 gram pro,4.5 gram fat and zero carb.........so still happy with that..

ill get rid of the simple carbs as soon as i finsih the bag ive just bought lol,,,,,,,ill replace with oats.....

no mate i can survive on zero carbs and train for 3+ hours of high intensity training and feel great so concentration at college wont be effected by lack of carbs.....the boring subjects are another matter lol.....

so are you saying to split my carbs up between pre and post only?..........the thing is meals 5&6 are going to be after 2100 3 nights a week, meal 5 being PPWO........so am i right in saying i shouldnt be having carbs in them?

Wouldn't bother me what time I trained I would eat pre and post carbs. Honestly, the whole don't eat carbs before bed is irrelevant in this case. Hit your macro's where you should hit them. Goes against most general convention but we are lifters and general convention doesn't apply to us.

Hit your macro's with quality food an you'll be good
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    alrighty there bunny ur off to a good start! im assuming the july 1 2013 start date is a typo (i was gonna erase that last statement but figd id let it stand so yall can see how dumb i am!) im guessing u write ur dates differently than i do.. day/month/year as opposed to how i do it: month/day/year

07/01/13 for u = 01/07/13 for me which means ur starting on monday right?

Wouldn't bother me what time I trained I would eat pre and post carbs. Honestly, the whole don't eat carbs before bed is irrelevant in this case. Hit your macro's where you should hit them. Goes against most general convention but we are lifters and general convention doesn't apply to us.

Hit your macro's with quality food an you'll be good
    ok nice one mate..........ill jugle some meals about see what i can do, so aslong as i hit macros and have pre and post carbs it done matter what time of day i get them? e.g if i wanted could i eat all my food in pre and post workout? (not that i would do this tho)...........

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    alrighty there bunny ur off to a good start! im assuming the july 1 2013 start date is a typo (i was gonna erase that last statement but figd id let it stand so yall can see how dumb i am!) im guessing u write ur dates differently than i do.. day/month/year as opposed to how i do it: month/day/year

07/01/13 for u = 01/07/13 for me which means ur starting on monday right?
    haha, i mate 07-01-13 is this monday.......surely our way makes more sense?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    haha, i mate 07-01-13 is this monday.......surely our way makes more sense?
    funny i was gonna say the same thing to u about our way!

dren is offline Associate Member
    hey bunny what if i told you, within 2 weeks you can at least see a 4 pack, with out the use of any steroid whats in it for me

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny

ok nice one mate..........ill jugle some meals about see what i can do, so aslong as i hit macros and have pre and post carbs it done matter what time of day i get them? e.g if i wanted could i eat all my food in pre and post workout? (not that i would do this tho)...........
    Yes mate. 2 meals, 4 meals, 10 meals; whatever works best for you. 4 meals fits my lifestyle better but I need 5 or 6 for bulking. 4 meals when cutting has more food per meal and makes me feel a little fuller than splitting it all up into 6 or 6 meals.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by dren
    hey bunny what if i told you, within 2 weeks you can at least see a 4 pack, with out the use of any steroid whats in it for me
    If, in 2 weeks, you can drop him from mid 20's bodyfat to closer to 10% then you should already be a multi millionaire! Or an amazing lipo surgeon.

Pray tell your genius plan?!?!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    funny i was gonna say the same thing to u about our way!
    lol......do you know why we write it differently?

Quote Originally Posted by dren View Post

to be honest mate id called you a liar........i know what your saying is impossible to do healthy,,,,,id dare say impossible with DNP (strongest fat burner known) tren and perfect diet....

plus, im after a lifestyle change so happy to be init for the long haul.

Yes mate. 2 meals, 4 meals, 10 meals; whatever works best for you. 4 meals fits my lifestyle better but I need 5 or 6 for bulking. 4 meals when cutting has more food per meal and makes me feel a little fuller than splitting it all up into 6 or 6 meals.
    thats good to know mate, ill stick with 6 meals for the first 2 weeks and if i find it a pain ill knock down to 4 meals..

well got the girlfriend involved in eating better i.e better lifestyle choices.......so she is starting a new eating plan on monday (happy,this will make my transition much easier) form monday untill feb 1st her bday we are not drinking or eating crap (not that i drink much anyway).........we even have a little bet on who will see 6 pac first lol, though she has a big advantage because i have about 2 stone of fat hideing mine.......ive got her to think about cals and explained calorie deficit and macros, she is going to cut cals but not interested in macros yet.....Its a start and im not going to push macros on her yet, ill let my results do that

cheers

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    I decided Bunny is just wrong for you, so i call you EB!!!

love that gf is interested. the key for gals is that we require less. if you get to the point where you are figuring out her TDEE, you must make adjustments to the maintenance forumula cuz x 15 is too high for gals....12 - 13 is a better rough formula.

let me know if I can be of any help!!!

well got the girlfriend involved in eating better i.e better lifestyle choices.......so she is starting a new eating plan on monday (happy,this will make my transition much easier) form monday untill feb 1st her bday we are not drinking or eating crap (not that i drink much anyway).........we even have a little bet on who will see 6 pac first lol, though she has a big advantage because i have about 2 stone of fat hideing mine.......ive got her to think about cals and explained calorie deficit and macros, she is going to cut cals but not interested in macros yet.....Its a start and im not going to push macros on her yet, ill let my results do that

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I decided Bunny is just wrong for you, so i call you EB!!!

love that gf is interested. the key for gals is that we require less. if you get to the point where you are figuring out her TDEE, you must make adjustments to the maintenance forumula cuz x 15 is too high for gals....12 - 13 is a better rough formula.

let me know if I can be of any help!!!
    Cheers GGR, already worked out her TDEE and used x 15 so will adjust...........thanks for that!,,,,she wont be impressed with only get 1000 cals a day! we had her at 1300.

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny

Cheers GGR, already worked out her TDEE and used x 15 so will adjust...........thanks for that!,,,,she wont be impressed with only get 1000 cals a day! we had her at 1300.
    Your gal must be tiny. I wouldn't go much below 1200 ESP if she is working out. I am at 1350 with 60/20/20 split since cant workout. What split did u come up for your gal???

dren is offline Associate Member
    So I my self is at 22% bf rite now and on this very forum ill post pics on my progress. As I said before what's in I for me. I know bla bla bla I should be a millionyear or great fame
    Trust me I wish that was true
    I will do it with no steroid or supplement, but how do I give accurate proof, hold up a news paper? TV shot, how would you know if I'm on something.
    I really want to do it to show you guys not for show off reasons or to say I told you so, but to do what joining a forum is for "contribution" after its all done then ill answer questions, until then someone help me with the proof part

there's a cutting contestent bubbling up in the lounge...take a peek...you might want to join it
    So I my self is at 22% bf rite now and on this very forum ill post pics on my progress. As I said before what's in I for me. I know bla bla bla I should be a millionyear or great fame
    I will do it with no steroid or supplement, but how do I give accurate proof, hold up a news paper? TV shot, how would you know if I'm on something.
    I really want to do it to show you guys not for show off reasons or to say I told you so, but to do what joining a forum is for "contribution" after its all done then ill answer questions, until then someone help me with the proof part

Quote Originally Posted by dren
    Why don't you start your own thread with pics and details?!?!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    hey EB youre the second person in a very short period of time that i saw use butter in their diet, am i missin something here?? if u want 6 pack, i dont think butter will help

there's a cutting contestent bubbling up in the lounge...take a peek...you might want to join it
    im gonna sign up!

Your gal must be tiny. I wouldn't go much below 1200 ESP if she is working out. I am at 1350 with 60/20/20 split since cant workout. What split did u come up for your gal???
    hello GGR..........she isnt on a split, i mentioned it but she is new to all this and doesnt want to here (she was in the mind set, if i eat healthy foods i will lose weight) it took me awhile to make her see about calore deficit etc.....she still thinks if she lifts weights she will get muscular lol (even tho i lift and im fat) women(JK).........so baby steps with her at the min.....im hopeing my results will be enoigh for her to listen down the line.

good for you mate, please start a thread with photos as i will be intersted in this.........good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330 View Post
    hey EB youre the second person in a very short period of time that i saw use butter in their diet, am i missin something here?? if u want 6 pack, i dont think butter will help
    hello Aj..........you are 100% correct, butter wont help at all BUT the amount i have and it fits into my macros ill keep for now, then when i need to ill get rid...........

sounds interesting.....ill take a look later.......cheers!

DAY 1

weight from last night-14stone (196lbs)(88.9kg)(i will normally be taking this Sunday a.m)
    waist-34inch(86.36cm)
    abdomen-42inch(106.68cm)

awake at 0300 (nice early start!)

Training-lower body power day, squats, deadlift and seated calf raises...no cardio

Diet- Macros- Cals 1824...Protein 219...Carbs 148...Fat 40

DAY 1

weight from last night-14stone (196lbs)(88.9kg)(i will normally be taking this Sunday a.m)
    waist-34inch(86.36cm)
    abdomen-42inch(106.68cm)

awake at 0300 (nice early start!)

Training-lower body power day, squats, deadlift and seated calf raises...no cardio

Diet- Macros- Cals 1824...Protein 219...Carbs 148...Fat 40
    looks real good, if you get hungry threw out the day drink water, lots of it, itll fill you up and cure your hunger cravings til ur next meal, if you stay on this path youll see great results

EDIT
    Just fixing some mispelled words

Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330 View Post
    looks real good, if you get hungry threw out the day drink water, lots of it, itll fill you up and cure your hunger cravings til ur next meal, if you stay on this path youll see great results

EDIT
    Just fixing some mispelled words
    cheers mate.............i drink loads of water everyday, 2-3 litres.

i didnt feel hungry today though so thats a bonus..

good to hear, since you have struggled so much, i will share my story a little with you, maybe it can help you or motivate you

I was overweight almost my whole life, until summer of 06 my neighbor got me into lifting, i worked out religiously for the next 2 years, dieting great, but never had six pack, look at my avatar, that is what i looked like, i wasnt satisfied, but i didnt want to sacrifice my muscle gains... well i got a steady girlfriend and smoked tons of weed with her, working out just didnt seem important anymore, i got a little overweight again, and decided i needed to make some changes, so i changed to a strict diet, i ate about 700 calories LESS (atleast)a day then when i was training hard in my avatar, and all i would do is basic pushups in my fathers front yard, and i had (2) 20 lb dumbbells to work with... i did no cardio whatso ever except handball maybe once a week.. i would do lunges, curls, shoulder press, etc with the dumbbells, just basic toning excersises, i dont think i even did crunches or situps to train my abs at all, and these were the results ...

energizer bunny diet progress log (come on 6 pack)-250463_1742446121533_223312_n.jpg

Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread Information