supraman is offline Junior Member

Can I "catch up" on water intake?

That is there are times I am with patients and from 8-12 where I can't drink water for hours. Can I chug water say at some certain part of the day assuming I don't mind having to make frequent runs to the bathroom. To kinda catch up on it. Thanks

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    of course

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Water is the one thing that you can take as much as you want!!!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui
    Water is the one thing that you can take as much as you want!!!
    Although 8 litres or so could kill you! As could drinking 4 litres in 2 hours. But then, it may not. It's called water intoxication. Your kidneys can excrete approx 1 litre of fluid per hour. For a prolonged period that would be pushing it!

Anyone scared?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

digsy1983 is offline Member
    If you havent lost a load of electrolytes, especially via sweating you should be ok "catching up" on your fluid intake. If extensive exercise has been undertaken and electrolytes lost more than water may be needed.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    I think if its your only option its fine. Like stem stated though be careful

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    steM is spot on it causes ur brain to swell....definitely wanna be careful in drinkin too much at once....also focus on gettin ur electrolytes as well

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM

Although 8 litres or so could kill you! As could drinking 4 litres in 2 hours. But then, it may not. It's called water intoxication. Your kidneys can excrete approx 1 litre of fluid per hour. For a prolonged period that would be pushing it!

Anyone scared?
    Did 5.5 litres in 2.5 hours once while working. Pissed a lot! Did not die. Do not take this as medical advice

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Brick

Did 5.5 litres in 2.5 hours once while working. Pissed a lot! Did not die. Do not take this as medical advice
    Did you read the word 'could'??? Am I preaching medical advice? There are instances where people have died based in the figures I quoted. You can overdose on water. You didn't, I'm happy
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    This guy at the gym forces down a nearly a gallon during his workout (9amish) and then says he only has to drink 2 more 16oz bottles the rest of the day. ???

Doesn't make sense to me. It seems you need to flush your system out consistently throughout the day, cuz your system is filtering throughtout the day so flush it throughout the day.

Consistent intake of water to keep the kidneys flushed all day is the way I try to do it. This drinking a gallon by 9am and pissing it out by lunch doesn't seem correct to me.

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Did you read the word 'could'??? Am I preaching medical advice? There are instances where people have died based in the figures I quoted. You can overdose on water. You didn't, I'm happy
    very true... you can actually drown if you drink to much water and die.
    BRINK- i see you from Canada ( im also from there, but currently living in Portugal since 2008), so, you must of heard of a woman that died drinking water in a radio contest in 2007???? here is the link....http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/jury-rules...ory?id=8970712
    here is the video ...http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865.../#.UPCQTm-IG0c

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by likelifting View Post
    This guy at the gym forces down a nearly a gallon during his workout (9amish) and then says he only has to drink 2 more 16oz bottles the rest of the day. ???

Doesn't make sense to me. It seems you need to flush your system out consistently throughout the day, cuz your system is filtering throughtout the day so flush it throughout the day.

Consistent intake of water to keep the kidneys flushed all day is the way I try to do it. This drinking a gallon by 9am and pissing it out by lunch doesn't seem correct to me.
    Lol that's because its not correct. That's way to much water all at one

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Well i drink close to 2 gallons from 5am-7am depending on how thirsty i am that day or the intensity of the workout, not because i push it but because i get really thirsty!!!

ElDude is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Well i drink close to 2 gallons from 5am-7am depending on how thirsty i am that day or the intensity of the workout, not because i push it but because i get really thirsty!!!
    Mind=Blown

if I drank 2 gallons in 2 hours in the morning my kidneys would rupture and I would be dead by 7:30a

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    i normally do 24 oz several times throughout the day....that's safe!

Thread Information