Thread: red meat

TYHO127 is offline Junior Member

red meat

I have been thinking about eating a 10oz sirloin most nights before bed. Red meat digests slowly. So is this a good idea?

Edwin23q is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TYHO127 View Post
    I have been thinking about eating a 10oz sirloin most nights before bed. Red meat digests slowly. So is this a good idea?
    Ahh the exact question on my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Red meat in your last meal is ideal. I do it regularly. It's always within my macro's though.

10oz sirloin is a huge piece of meat. Pleased you can afford it though mate. My red meat is extra lean casserole steak that I mince myself, so much cheaper than a steak!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I always eat red meat as my last meal of the day due to its slow digesting properties as well as nutritional values that are fit for a BB.

10oz Sirloin has a decent amount of fat in it, so make sure to fit in your macros.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just ate 600grams of kangaroo, it's my last "meal" of the day except for in about 3 hours where I will have 200g cottage cheese before bed.

When I'm away at work (2 out of 3 weeks) steak will be my last meal, I order 2 scotch fillets, and by the time I've trimmed all thefat off its equivelant to about 200-300 grams
    Last edited by auswest; 01-12-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    Just ate 600grams of kangaroo, it's my last "meal" of the day except for in about 3 hours where I will have 200g cottage cheese before bed.

When I'm away at work (2 out of 3 weeks) steak will be my last meal, I order 2 scotch fillets, and by the time I've trimmed all thefat off its equivelant to about 200-300 grams
    Neva had roo meat, any good? Was told its sweet.

Blog Entries
    Umm kinda hard to describe really, it's like trying to describe chicken, what does chicken taste like...umm if I was to compare it to anything it's pretty close to beef really, not much difference at all, a bit sweeter hmm could be but it doesn't strike me as being sweet, but in comparison it might be,

I love the stuff, lean as Fk, very very rare though ill have it as is, I usually dress it up with herbs and garlic or some chili or something..

Really nice stuff.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    No way!!!

Red meat every day!!! Your gonna die of a heart attack or cancer man....

Joke, lol I do red meat as my last meal each night.... I don't opt for a fatty cut like sirloin tho.... I go with extra lean minced chuck or skirt steak....

Much cheaper and not too much fat to be eating every day

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    Umm kinda hard to describe really, it's like trying to describe chicken, what does chicken taste like...umm if I was to compare it to anything it's pretty close to beef really, not much difference at all, a bit sweeter hmm could be but it doesn't strike me as being sweet, but in comparison it might be,

I love the stuff, lean as Fk, very very rare though ill have it as is, I usually dress it up with herbs and garlic or some chili or something..

Really nice stuff.
    I'll go down Coles and get myself a piece tomorrow. Gatta try it. I've heard it's hardly got any fat, so it should be good.

Thanks mate.

Nutrition facts about kangaroo meat.

I can't believe I haven't started eating this yet

http://www.macromeats.com.au/Nutriti...x#.UPFboVwazCQ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin23q
    Nutrition facts about kangaroo meat.

I can't believe I haven't started eating this yet

http://www.macromeats.com.au/Nutriti...x#.UPFboVwazCQ

Yup that was an interesting read, amazing stuff.. macro meats is the company that i buy from i get it from woolworths

warlockjmr is offline Junior Member
    If I could get horse I would get horse, for some unknown reason in the UK we think its okay to use them for glue and dog food but its uncool to eat it!

I think its something like six times the protein and half the fat of beef in horse, seriously missing a trick with it!

Quote Originally Posted by warlockjmr
    If I could get horse I would get horse, for some unknown reason in the UK we think its okay to use them for glue and dog food but its uncool to eat it!

I think its something like six times the protein and half the fat of beef in horse, seriously missing a trick with it!
    It's not illegal mate, maybe a business venture for you?!

It has about the same protein content as beef and fat content is relevant to the cut tbh, so arguably it's not really any different. Tastes different though!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ah I was fed misinformation then! Surprised it hasn't caught on really, a czech friend of mine was meant to be bringing me some over but it never materialised! On topic I go with frying beef myself, really cheap and its not that bad a cut if you beat it and cook the hell out of it!

You'll be able to get it somewhere mate but lord knows where over the counter. Whilst it is legal its very taboo so not openly sold.

These guys have been in the trade for years, if you fancy some mail order and some other 'exotic' meats try them

http://www.keziefoods.co.uk/Catalogu...ats/Horse-Meat
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I think that is the best thing I've seen in a very long while, cheers dude!

No worries mate, some pricey stuff on there but the ostrich is ok priced.

We aim to please!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    You'll be able to get it somewhere mate but lord knows where over the counter. Whilst it is legal its very taboo so not openly sold.

These guys have been in the trade for years, if you fancy some mail order and some other 'exotic' meats try them

http://www.keziefoods.co.uk/Catalogu...ats/Horse-Meat
    im checking out the website and i think im gonna order some fish to start out with, would you happen to know if they take USD?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330

im checking out the website and i think im gonna order some fish to start out with, would you happen to know if they take USD?
    I'm sure there are some equivalent sites in the states, they won't deliver outside the UK.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I'm sure there are some equivalent sites in the states, they won't deliver outside the UK.
    ah damn, im gonna have to do some research idk any here in the states

*note* found one, wasnt too hard www.exoticmeatmarkets.com incase anyone in the states is interested

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Red meat is great! I have been eating 2lbs of beef everyday for the last 2 months..

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Red meat is great! I have been eating 2lbs of beef everyday for the last 2 months..
    Keeps you full and helps you with your diet...

TYHO127 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah there is leaner choices than sirloin what do you think is the cleanest cut? Wish I could got some kangaroo I ate some in Townsville when I was on deployment I loved it

Fillet, but also more expensive.

How about venison? Bison?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    I love red meat if any of you lot get chance have steak with Diane sauce (cheat meal) honestly it's beautiful!

Fillet, but also more expensive.

How about venison? Bison?
    filet mignon is my favorite cut of beef next to the lovely bone-in ribeye, but as u all know the ribeye can only be eaten once in awhile due to the high fat content!

i dont know about across that there pond stem but over here filet ranges from $16.99-$18.99 per pound! i always tell em to make mine a "4-flipper" meaning its so thick u have to flip it 4 times cuz the sides are as broad across as the top and bottom due to the thickness! usually 3" thick! yeh baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Keeps you full and helps you with your diet...
    yeh 96/4 is pretty much all i use and it only has 560cals 18g fat per pound, i think approx 100g protein! awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

filet mignon is my favorite cut of beef next to the lovely bone-in ribeye, but as u all know the ribeye can only be eaten once in awhile due to the high fat content!

i dont know about across that there pond stem but over here filet ranges from $16.99-$18.99 per pound! i always tell em to make mine a "4-flipper" meaning its so thick u have to flip it 4 times cuz the sides are as broad across as the top and bottom due to the thickness! usually 3" thick! yeh baby!
    Mate, I can't afford fillet (we don't add the 'mignon' part) I'd guess its about $25 a lb. but u only eat organic beef so I go for rump which would equate to about $20 a lb I guess.

I mince (ground) my own beef though, organic still, and that would cost me about $7 a lb. it's about 2% fat only.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Organic huh? Interesting.. Yeh ive considered it but its so expensive. And we call it filet mignon or filet. I call it filet but just wanted to make sure we were talkn bout the same thing!

U cant get organic filet? Also why do u use 2 l's in filet? Nevermind i wikipedia'd it!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    Organic huh? Interesting.. Yeh ive considered it but its so expensive. And we call it filet mignon or filet. I call it filet but just wanted to make sure we were talkn bout the same thing!

U cant get organic filet? Also why do u use 2 l's in filet? Nevermind i wikipedia'd it!
    Same as you guys don't use the i in aluminium

I've gone organic to try and minimise the risk of the amount of hormones I ingest from normally farmed (and the worst culprits) chicken, beef and pork.

I can barely afford normal fillet let alone organic fillet! So rump it is but only twice a week anyway.

Funnily enough, the organic beef I buy is much cheaper than organic chicken!!! So my chicken intake is dropping and red meat intake rising! Also, organic chicken I find really tough!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I started eating filet 4-5 times a week. Its great to eat at night along with some steamed asparagus. I started buying from costco you can get as cheap as 11.99 pound and taste just as good as expensive local buthcer shops. As for beef I cant find it anywhere for less then $7 by me

digsy1983 is offline Member
    How much difference is there if you trim all the fat off before cooking between the different cuts of steak?

I went through a phase of eating sirloin but got sick of paying for a load of fat that I was just cutting off and throwing away. I use braising steak now, don't know what it's called in the u.s. The cuts I get don't have any fat surrounding it, the only fat is whats inside the meat itself. Certainly a nice change from chicken and fish.

Thread Information