951thompson is offline Senior Member

is there any harm to drinking diet coke while cutting?

Diet coke says it has no carbs, it obviously has sweeteners, do these sweeteners spike your insulin ?
    I hope yous tell me it's harmless cause I make ice lollipops with it, witch I enjoy, nice sweet treat when cutting.

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Diet coke says it has no carbs, it obviously has sweeteners, do these sweeteners spike your insulin ?
    I hope yous tell me it's harmless cause I make ice lollipops with it, witch I enjoy, nice sweet treat when cutting.
    depends what you mean by harmless. its sweetened with aspartame, although no (well verry little) insulin rise its nothing that would inhibit anything. but theres alot of health risks/cautions with aspartame so its recommended that you dont drink alot of it, 1 or 2 cans a day.

there was a good thread on diet sweetners a while ago. gbrice and noles had some interesting stuff.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...Sugar-question

Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983
    there was a good thread on diet sweetners a while ago. gbrice and noles had some interesting stuff.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...Sugar-question
    Thanks for the info man, that link was great, so pretty much it is ok to drink coke in moderation. That's cool cos I like making ice lollies as a desert for after my meals (have to have something sweet after a meal)

Thanks for that bro

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Diet coke says it has no carbs, it obviously has sweeteners, do these sweeteners spike your insulin?
    There have been several studies that show insulin spikes from artificial sweeteners. I'm not sure what to believe at this point tbh. I would say the same thing - moderation is key. A diet soda or two a day isn't going to make or break anybody's diet... with the possible exception of contest prep. So long as you're on point and consistent with the stuff that REALLY matters (hitting your macros, proper caloric intake, etc) you'll be fine.

i went through a phase of drinking coke zero when i was being really stict cutting but after a while i stopped, think the novelty had wore off.

stevia is a good sweetner, if youre wanting to mix up the flavours of your diet. its an extract from the stevia plant and only goes through a slight processing process. 1000 times sweeter than sugar. i have it in my oats.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Stevia=Truvia(brand name)
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

ironman1982 is offline Associate Member
    most fizzy diet drinks are high in salt if drinking too much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    just read the other post about oats and truvia, thought i was missing a trick not having heard of truvia! was just about to google it. ha

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983 View Post
    i went through a phase of drinking coke zero when i was being really stict cutting but after a while i stopped, think the novelty had wore off.

stevia is a good sweetner, if youre wanting to mix up the flavours of your diet. its an extract from the stevia plant and only goes through a slight processing process. 1000 times sweeter than sugar. i have it in my oats.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    just read the other post about oats and truvia, thought i was missing a trick not having heard of truvia! was just about to google it. ha
    I use it too... another brand name is Purevia. Same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

There have been several studies that show insulin spikes from artificial sweeteners. I'm not sure what to believe at this point tbh. I would say the same thing - moderation is key. A diet soda or two a day isn't going to make or break anybody's diet... with the possible exception of contest prep. So long as you're on point and consistent with the stuff that REALLY matters (hitting your macros, proper caloric intake, etc) you'll be fine.
    Thanks for that bud, very informative as usual ;-)

Thanks everyone

alex18 is offline Member
    The sweeteners are going to trick your body into craving real sugar

EverettCD is offline Member
    I do the same in my oats with some cinnamon, make plain old oatmeal taste really good.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Every diet I've ever been on I drank diet sodas. Every client I've ever done contest prep I've allowed to drink diet soda. I've yet to see it have a negative effect on cutting in any way. Now the health issues that may exist around these drinks is a different issue.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex18 View Post
    The sweeteners are going to trick your body into craving real sugar
    this.

Thread Information