Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: need to know what % fat I'm at pics included

jimmy726 is offline Associate Member
    Lol well I've been losing since 1/21/12 but since I've figured out I was doing stuff wrong thanks to this site it's been since about.January. now I have done my macro spread in awhile cause I eat the same thing almost everyday. Breakfast consist of 1 cup egg white 1 whole egg with a small bit.of turkey sausage in it. I also eat like a fiber one bar for my carbs. At 9 am I eat 2 cups cook brown rice and probably 8oz chicken breast baked. 11:30am I go do my cardio for 20 min then have 2 cups brown rice 8oz chicken. At 2:30 pm I drink a protein shake optimum nutrition with 20 oz of water 3 scoops of protein split into 2 shakes one pre and one post workout. At 3 pm I lift weights till 4:30 then drink my second shake after workout. At this time I go home and the old lady will have some type of white meat cooked and I'll eat that with rice and let's say green beans. Last meal of the day before bed consist of nonfat yogurt or a scoop of casein protein.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy726 View Post
    Lol well I've been losing since 1/21/12 but since I've figured out I was doing stuff wrong thanks to this site it's been since about.January. now I have done my macro spread in awhile cause I eat the same thing almost everyday. Breakfast consist of 1 cup egg white 1 whole egg with a small bit.of turkey sausage in it. I also eat like a fiber one bar for my carbs. At 9 am I eat 2 cups cook brown rice and probably 8oz chicken breast baked. 11:30am I go do my cardio for 20 min then have 2 cups brown rice 8oz chicken. At 2:30 pm I drink a protein shake optimum nutrition with 20 oz of water 3 scoops of protein split into 2 shakes one pre and one post workout. At 3 pm I lift weights till 4:30 then drink my second shake after workout. At this time I go home and the old lady will have some type of white meat cooked and I'll eat that with rice and let's say green beans. Last meal of the day before bed consist of nonfat yogurt or a scoop of casein protein.
    i think now would be a good time to recalculate what ur taking in and posting it so we can see where u need to make adjustments. looks like ur eating a good bit of carbs and not doing a lot of cardio. 20mins per day?? thats it?? ur gonna need to step this up as well as drop some carbs i suspect but lets see where ur diet comes back..

dont post a diet u think is good i want THE DIET u have been eating.. total cals and macros.

from here on out u need to weigh all ur dry food (pasta, rice, oats, etc..) DRY! and all ur wet food (chicken, beef, pork, etc..) RAW..

after u get ur diet posted we can move on to ur workout split and cardio. now lets see what u have actually been eating!

That's cool ill post it up it will be awhile. See my goal is a little off cause I am 191 but don't want to be any smaller just more lean closer to 15%. Do you have a new guess of where I'm at 405? And does it appear I'm making any progress from the first pic

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    I want it to be 20 but somewhere between 20 and 25. Well my goal last year was to get to 200 lbs this year it's to get to 15% and bench 300
    I say 27%. Also, me...I would forget the bench weight. Good to have that goal to keep the drive, but you are talking BF%. What you lift is irrelevant. Back when I looked good You would think I could lift this and that. People were surprise as to what I could not and how I got there. Well my body is not a STRONG body. Hey You have done awesome, very cool but the plan for now is quite the same, diet and train,train and train harder with the cardio also of course. crazy mike

Technically you could keep the weight you have by losing fat weight and replacing with muscle weight. In time, you are what you are at you mass weight. ...cm
    Last edited by crazy mike; 04-13-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Dam I'm still at 27% in the pics I posted yesterday

That's cool ill post it up it will be awhile. See my goal is a little off cause I am 191 but don't want to be any smaller just more lean closer to 15%. Do you have a new guess of where I'm at 405? And does it appear I'm making any progress from the first pic
    seems normal to me not to want to be "smaller" but dont confuse leaner with "smaller".. would u prefer to carry higher body fat if it gives the illusion you are "bigger"?? personally i would not. once i see ur diet we can determine what u need to do. depending what kind of deficit u have been running and for how long it may be time to run maintenance cals for a few weeks to bring ur body back up closer to homeostasis..

2767cals
    281g pro
    339g carbs
    39g fat

Now is this the diet u have been eating??(like i askd for)

or is this a proposal??

Either way it is too many calories and definitely too many carbs.

191lbs 25%bf (ballpark)

191 x .75 = 143.25lbs (LBM)

143.25 x 15 = 2148cals (rough maintenance)

BTW. For argument sake i calculated ur bf% at 20% as well to get:

191 x .8 = 152.8lbs LBM

152.8 x 15 = 2292 cals

Either way i would recommend running 2000cals 50/30/20 pro carb/fat

2000cals
    250g pro
    150g carbs
    44g fat

I would still like u 2 answer my questions above. I also suggest u google BOD POD and make an appt and get ur bf% checked for accuracy

I suggest u post a diet hitting these macros

Yep this is what I have been eating for awhile now and no change I have been stay where I'm at. Ill have to re evaluate what I can cut out. My main meals consist of 8 oz chicken 3/4 cup uncooked rice and half a cup green beans. That's meals 2 and 3

I will post up my plan I'm eating now and maybe we can go from there.
    Meal 1:
    1 cup egg whites 25 pro 5 carb 0 fat
    1 whole egg 6 pro 0 carb 3.75 fat
    1/4 cup turkey sausage 2.7 pro 0.2 carb 1f
    Fiber one protein bar 10 pro 18 carb 8fat
    Meal 2:
    Brown rice 3/4 cup 12 pro 105carb 4.5fat
    Chicken 8oz 34.5pro 0 carb 3.75 fat
    Green beans 1pro 4carb 0fat
    Greek yogurt 14 pro 13carb 0fat
    Meal 3:
    Brown rice 3/4 cup 12 pro 105carb 4.5fat
    Chicken 8oz 34.5pro 0 carb 3.75 fat
    Green beans 1pro 4carb 0fat
    Meals: 4 and 5
    Pre and post workouts
    3 scoops protein split into 2 shakes
    72 pro 12 carb 4.5 fat
    Meal 6:
    2oz noodles 8 pro 40 carb 1 fat
    Chicken 34.5 pro 0 carb 3.75 fat
    Snack:
    Greek yogurt 14 pro 23 carb 0 fat

Now this is pretty much everyday. The evening meal changes pretty much everyday as I eat what the ole lady cooks but it's usually noodles and some type of white meat.

2767cals
    281g pro
    339g carbs
    39g fat
    if this is what u have been eating daily and ur maintaining then that is a good thing as we have pretty much established ur actual maintenance at 2750cals

the carb macro in particular does NOT represent a cutting diet in the least and looks more like total carbs for a bulk. we can increase ur cals from 2000 to 2300 and i think u will still see good results.

2300cals (50/30/20 pro/carb/fat)
    287g pro
    172g carbs
    51g fat

these are ur new cals and macros. the choices above are ok (i dont like the protein bar and u need to prepare to have to drop it at some point). i would try to give urself more variety of green veg than just green beans, something like spinach, broccoli, asparagus, salad (cucumber, tomato, celery, onion, spinach, romaine, egg, walnuts, etc..).. i usually eat a salad like this 4-6 nights per week..

CARDIO:
    20mins per day is not gonna cut it any longer, u need to increase this to 45mins (unless ur doing HIIT - which i recommend twice per week).. i would shoot for 4 hrs per week cardio and be prepared to increase this again..

id like to see ur diet worked out in this thread. also i would like to make sure ur dinner cooked by ur wife meets the requirements of this diet, id hate to see u destroy ur progress with a secret meal we havent addressed!

Yeah I'm defiantly maintaining at that diet. I am going to modify what I have starting today and I dropped the protein bar and Greek yogurt in the morning and probably only eating half a cup of rice. I will defiantly try and keep the dinner meal in check as like you said this is where I probably tend to mess up. I am doing hiit cardio that I think. I walk for 5 min on speed 5 then run for 2 min on 6.5 and hen walk for 1 min on 5 till 20 lmk if his is hiit. Or not please

Yeah I'm defiantly maintaining at that diet. I am going to modify what I have starting today and I dropped the protein bar and Greek yogurt in the morning and probably only eating half a cup of rice. I will defiantly try and keep the dinner meal in check as like you said this is where I probably tend to mess up. I am doing hiit cardio that I think. I walk for 5 min on speed 5 then run for 2 min on 6.5 and hen walk for 1 min on 5 till 20 lmk if his is hiit. Or not please
    1. whats this "probably" crap?? modifying ur diet is good, but u need to be thorough about how u modify it! dont just drop a "bit here" and a "bit there" .. rewrite the dang diet out all the way including portion sizes and add up the total cals and macros to make sure they hit what i suggested to u. otherwise who the heck knows where ur at, ur results will not be predictable and 4 weeks from now when u have wasted a month eating more than u think u were and dont get good results u will come back asking why its not working. do it the right way man.. get it?

2. if ur "high intensity" interval can be sustained for 120seconds it is NOT HIGH INTENSITY.. 30sec sprint/60-90sec walk/rest repeat 10 times.. this is HIIT.. (note: if u find u cant go the full 30secs after 2 or 3 rounds dont get discouraged, this means u are doing it right! HIIT is not supposed to be easy but it is effective and u will have to build up. u may only be able to do 5 rounds to start, this is ok.. just have a goal of 10 rounds 30sec/60sec..)

Not necessarily crap as in bad food but portions are probably not correct as its already prepared and I'm not able to weigh it so I guess at what Im getting. As far as re writing I'll sit down and do it tonight and hopefully come a little bit stronger and see where we can get. I do appreciate you spending time on me I will defiantly be a success story under your belt hell give it a month and I'll drop 10 lbs. Now as far as the hiit I'll have to give it a try the correct way and I'll do that everyday at lunch instead. Bare with me and will get this shit done. I'm tired of being skinny fat it bugs the hell out of me.

Not necessarily crap as in bad food but portions are probably not correct as its already prepared and I'm not able to weigh it so I guess at what Im getting. As far as re writing I'll sit down and do it tonight and hopefully come a little bit stronger and see where we can get. I do appreciate you spending time on me I will defiantly be a success story under your belt hell give it a month and I'll drop 10 lbs. Now as far as the hiit I'll have to give it a try the correct way and I'll do that everyday at lunch instead. Bare with me and will get this shit done. I'm tired of being skinny fat it bugs the hell out of me.
    1. the emphasis was on the word "Probably" as in why do u only "probably" eat 1/2 cup rice?? as in u should know Conclusively exactly how much rice you're eating! also dont take me being direct as being an "a-hole" i just want to make sure ur getting the point. u need to be precise and deliberate with ur diet at this stage in the game. later on down the road when u have gained more understanding and have achieved ur goals will be the time for occasional estimations.

2. im not concerned with success stories under my belt at all, i am concerned with u NOT wasting time and getting results!

3. HIIT: this can be done on any piece of cardio equipment of ur choosing, and doesnt have to be done everyday. say u use the elliptical for example and u typically get on it and maintain 60rpm's at level 5 tension for 20minutes.. well to do HIIT on it u would do:
    30secs level 10 80rpm's
    60secs level 3 40rpm's
    repeat 10 times.. (note the tension and average rpm's all would be adjustable as u get in better shape.. also if 60secs isnt enuff time to recover between sprints, then go for 90secs.. the key is to try to shave time off recovery time over a period of weeks until ur around a 30/60 sprint/jog split)

same with an exercise bike.

if u do sprints pick a place where u have a distance of about 200 meters and get a stopwatch and time yourself for 30secs at an all out sprint. then figure out the distance u ran and simply pick a starting poiint (maybe a tree) and a stopping point (maybe a telephone pole) and then just try to do 10 sprints..

once u get in better cardiovascular shape u can add 10-20 minutes of LISS to the end of ur HIIT..

like i said already, with diet the key is to be precise now planning it out and get all ur measurements down, and then just eat the food every day. any meals that change or rotate, be sure to calculate inthe specific portions for each meal and make sure it fits into ur daily total macros. once u get this all done id like to see it.

once we get this all ironed out the only thing left will be ur workout split.
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 04-15-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Yep that's cool and I guessed my rice portion cause I pre packed all those meals for the week already. I did try hit at lunch ran on speed 8 for 30 seconds walked on speed 4 for 30 seconds shit about killed me lol

And to clarify all my meals packed were measured out to what I put on my original macro split I am trying to compensate this week since my.meals are prepared already and just eat less of the portions. I will devise a new macro spread tonight and start on that one next week as I can not afford to just chuck food already prepared and start over.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Excuse me for just a off thread comment and I'll go. What impressive legs >>405<<. ..cm

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    Excuse me for just a off thread comment and I'll go. What impressive legs >>405<<. ..cm
    X2 great work

Yep that's cool and I guessed my rice portion cause I pre packed all those meals for the week already. I did try hit at lunch ran on speed 8 for 30 seconds walked on speed 4 for 30 seconds shit about killed me lol
    Then it is working! Keep it up!

DannC is offline New Member
    I say 27%. Also, me...I would forget the bench weight. Good to have that goal to keep the drive, but you are talking BF%. What you lift is irrelevant. Back when I looked good You would think I could lift this and that. People were surprise as to what I could not and how I got there. Well my body is not a STRONG body. Hey You have done awesome, very cool but the plan for now is quite the same, diet and train,train and train harder with the cardio also of course. crazy mike

Technically you could keep the weight you have by losing fat weight and replacing with muscle weight. In time, you are what you are at you mass weight. ...cm

Totally agree on this...
    Cardio is eF crucial in loosing bf (hate people who use the expresion "loosing weight")

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    405 is dialing you in nicely. I am surprised how high your carbs are. You need to cut that in half. And even lower or zero for non training days.

See I am playing a hard game in my head cause on one hand I want to bulk but on the other hand I want to keep leaning out since I'm skinny fat

thx mike i appreciate it man!

See I am playing a hard game in my head cause on one hand I want to bulk but on the other hand I want to keep leaning out since I'm skinny fat
    i would keep going man, u will see faster results from cutting right now. also once u reach ur desired body fat % u want to maintain it for a few months to establish urself there, otherwise u will likely put on a fair amount of fat when trying to bulk. (this is just my opinion)..

as u lean out u will look more muscular anyways..

Yeah that's my plan I may even stop lifting so much and just do more cardio

well we havent gotten to ur workout split yet. im still waiting to see ur revised diet.. i will say this much: u do NOT need to lift more than 4 days per week. personally i would go for a 3 day split. my current split (maintenance) looks like this:

Mon: Legs
    Tues: abs cardio
    Wed: abs cardio
    Thu: chest/lats
    Fri: abs cardio
    Sat: back thickness/shoulders
    Sun: abs cardio

(note: i dont do abs every one of those days but i try to do em at least 2 sometimes 3 abbreviated sessions due to time constraints)

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

well we havent gotten to ur workout split yet. im still waiting to see ur revised diet.. i will say this much: u do NOT need to lift more than 4 days per week. personally i would go for a 3 day split. my current split (maintenance) looks like this:

Mon: Legs
    Tues: abs cardio
    Wed: abs cardio
    Thu: chest/lats
    Fri: abs cardio
    Sat: back thickness/shoulders
    Sun: abs cardio

(note: i dont do abs every one of those days but i try to do em at least 2 sometimes 3 abbreviated sessions due to time constraints)
    Thats a lot of abs but to each his own. Yes I agree with 405 on cutting. So many on here start a bulk when they are around 17-20% bf leaving them really thick or fat imo. And getting downto below 12% show you can be dedicated enough in your diet training and cardio

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    Thats a lot of abs but to each his own.
    abs are/have been a weak point of mine, but u mustve just skimmed my post!

Don't stop lifting!

abs are/have been a weak point of mine, but u mustve just skimmed my post!
    I know abs are your weak point (so you say).
    Still a lot of abs )
    But I appropriate you doing them for the both of us

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    I know abs are your weak point (so you say).
    Still a lot of abs )
    But I appropriate you doing them for the both of us
    u think twice per week or sometimes 3 abbreviated sessions is "a lot"??

I still haven't came up with my new macro split since I already had my meals made for the week. But I should be getting it done tonight or tomorrow so I can shop Saturday. The little adjustments I've made so far are working I'm down a lb already so I'm going in the right direction

I still haven't came up with my new macro split since I already had my meals made for the week. But I should be getting it done tonight or tomorrow so I can shop Saturday. The little adjustments I've made so far are working I'm down a lb already so I'm going in the right direction
    thats good.

Yes sir but will see cause I have to take the old lady out tonight so hopefully I can eat as clean as possible

Hey 405 I seem to be leaning.out really fast with what I have changed i started the week out Monday at 192 this morning I woke up at 188. Now that is with me just eating about a half a cup of rice with my meals and cutting.out the protein bar and one of my Greek yogurts. Am I losing to fast is there such thing? I can defiantly tell my mid section is getting smaller I just wanted to ask before I purpose to you my new macro spread as I am going shopping tomorrow so I have to get it to you today.

Hey 405 I seem to be leaning.out really fast with what I have changed i started the week out Monday at 192 this morning I woke up at 188. Now that is with me just eating about a half a cup of rice with my meals and cutting.out the protein bar and one of my Greek yogurts. Am I losing to fast is there such thing? I can defiantly tell my mid section is getting smaller I just wanted to ask before I purpose to you my new macro spread as I am going shopping tomorrow so I have to get it to you today.
    dude.. post ur dang diet up so we can look at it. otherwise theres no way i can answer ur questions regarding ur diet.

4 lbs per week is too fast but my guess is u have lost water due to drastically reducing ur carbs, However i dont know by how much seeing as how u wont POST UR FREAKING DIET!!

?????

Lol 10-4 it will be this evening

Drum roll please thanks for being patient though.
    Meal # 1
    1 cup whites
    1 whole egg
    Cals 195
    Pro 31
    Carbs 5
    Fat 4
    Meal # 2
    Peanuts 320 cals 14 pro 12 carb 28 fat
    Chicken 165 cals 34.5 pro 0 carb 3.75 fat
    Broccoli 30 cals 4 carbs 2 pro 0 fat
    Meal # 3
    Rice 320 cals 8 pro 70 carb 3 fat
    Chicken 165 cals 34.5 pro 0 carb 3. 75 fat
    Broccoli 30 cals 2 pro 4 carb 0 fat
    Pre/post workout split into 2 shakes
    3 scoops 390 cals 72 pro 12 carb 4.5 fat
    Meal # 4
    Rice 320 cals 8 pro 70 carbs 3 fat
    Chicken 165 cals 34.5 pro 0 carb 3.75 fat
    Broccoli 30 cals 2 pro 4 carbs 0 fat
    Bed snack/Greek yogurt nonfat
    150 cals 14 pro 13 carbs 0 fat
    # totals
    2280 cals
    256.5 pro
    194 carb
    56.75 fat
    Its close but a little off lmk what I could switch or run this?

dumpslugzz is offline Junior Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	body fat%.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	137510

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information