Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 254
  1. #41
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Hi Blondee. I just posted versions of my eating plan in thread diet for my wife. Take a peek if u need some help

    Perfect! Thank you so much

  2. #42
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

    That sounds perfect! 15 seconds all out is way better than 1 minute all out! I also like the fact that I can change machines. I get bored on one for longer than 30 mins, unless it's the stairmill which is why I tend to gravitate to that one. How many days per week should I do this? and is there a certain piece of equipment you'd recommend? I was planning on using the treadmill....
    It's a little dangerous on a treadmill. After 15 minutes you shouldn't be able to go for any longer. Which means you have to jump on the side rails or fall off the back! Elliptical works well, turn it to highest resistance and move as fast as you possibly can for 10-15 seconds. I normally then move to a treadmill but 70% is just hill walking. Stair master is good too!

    Frequency is up to you but 4x per week is probably the max you will want to do.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  3. #43
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    It's a little dangerous on a treadmill. After 15 minutes you shouldn't be able to go for any longer. Which means you have to jump on the side rails or fall off the back! Elliptical works well, turn it to highest resistance and move as fast as you possibly can for 10-15 seconds. I normally then move to a treadmill but 70% is just hill walking. Stair master is good too!

    Frequency is up to you but 4x per week is probably the max you will want to do.

    HIIT on the stepmill = jello legs for the following 4 days lol. Just switched gyms and my new one doesn't have a stepmill so I'll try it on the bike or elliptical for sure and 4x week is perfect. I'll start my 1st fasted session Sat morning and let you know how much I hated my life during those 40 mins! haha. Thanks again for your help SteM!

  4. #44
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    Nice progress blondee!

    It is all about a lifestyle change and it looks that you are making it.

    You will learn everything you need to know plus more!

    Thanks Mister Cajun lol. Appreciate it!

  5. #45
    alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Re: fasted cardio. If you have time for 49 minutes i would STRONGLY suggest this.

    5 minutes warm up

    15 seconds absolutely maximum effort
    45 seconds rest
    (Do this 10 times = 10 minutes)

    Change cardio equipment
    20mins steady state at approximately 70% max heart rate/rate of perceived exertion(RPE)

    30seconds at 85%RPE
    30seconds rest
    (Do this 5 times)

    Essentially you are releasing fatty acids during that 10 minute bout of high intensity intervals. The following 20-25 minutes will help burn those released fatty acids. Otherwise there's every chance that they will resettle in the lower half of your body.

    How does that sound?
    Stem, this is Lyle`s stubborn fat protocol correct? I`ve tried it once myself and also one of my buddies...both combined with calorie deficit and we overtrained quickly. Should be used with caution> I gave it another try but at later stage - when only the really stubborn lower back fat needed to go off. I was extremely cautious and did it only twice a week and surpisingly worked just fine. Once you got rid of the stubborn fat to hit a given bf %, is way easier to get there again, wihout having to do such extremes.
    After all, this is only my perspective

  6. #46
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.mitev

    Stem, this is Lyle`s stubborn fat protocol correct? I`ve tried it once myself and also one of my buddies...both combined with calorie deficit and we overtrained quickly. Should be used with caution> I gave it another try but at later stage - when only the really stubborn lower back fat needed to go off. I was extremely cautious and did it only twice a week and surpisingly worked just fine. Once you got rid of the stubborn fat to hit a given bf %, is way easier to get there again, wihout having to do such extremes.
    After all, this is only my perspective
    You are dead right mate on all if this. I understand how people can overtrain quickly on it. Can I ask, did you have good cardio fitness prior to trying it? I have to say that I did, and when I switched to this style at 3 days a week I felt I could do 4 and I was doing additional cardio and getting stronger. It's what really helped get me to sub 8%. (Obviously with strict attention to detail on diet too.

    It works great in ladies who ten to hold a lot if their fat weight from the hips down, or at least the ladies I've had do it so far.

    But yes, Blondee, if you are starting to feel exhausted you should drop a day.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  7. #47
    alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    You are dead right mate on all if this. I understand how people can overtrain quickly on it. Can I ask, did you have good cardio fitness prior to trying it? I have to say that I did, and when I switched to this style at 3 days a week I felt I could do 4 and I was doing additional cardio and getting stronger. It's what really helped get me to sub 8%. (Obviously with strict attention to detail on diet too.

    It works great in ladies who ten to hold a lot if their fat weight from the hips down, or at least the ladies I've had do it so far.

    But yes, Blondee, if you are starting to feel exhausted you should drop a day.
    Hm, admittedly I didn`t have solid cardio routine - 3-4 times per week , 30 mins each at moderate intensity. I was 87 kg , approx 13 % bodyfat, had already been 6 weeks into dieting and hit plateu 270 gr protein, 140 carbs, 70 fat. Weightlifting routine was:

    1.Push hypertrophy
    -chest 6 sets, delts 6 sets,triceps 6 sets
    2. Pull hypertrophy
    -back 9-10 sets, rear delt 3 sets, biceps 5 sets, traps 3 sets
    3. HIIT Cardio
    4. Legs hypertrophy
    - quads 7 sets, hamstrings 5 sets, calf 6 sets
    5. Upper body strenght
    - chest 6 sets 3-5 reps, back 6 sets 4-6 reps, delts 3 sets 4-5 reps, triceps 3 sets 8 reps, biceps 3 sets 6-8 reps
    6. HIIT Cardio
    7. Lower body stenght
    - deadlift 4 sets 4-5 reps, vertical leg press 3 x 8-10 reps, hamstrings 3 sets 10 reps, calfs 5 sets
    8. HIIT Cardio

    Yeah, now looking at this we have a prefect setup for overtraining.
    I should have taken a full diet break at maintenance, have a day off dialed in, etc.
    Actually exactly what I did when i realized i was overreaching. Took 7 days off diet and training, then I started all over again , whith only two HIIT sessions, a day off dialed in , on top of increased to 220 gr carbs (had improved insulin sensitivity) daily on working day and 150 on off day and reduced to 50 gr fats.
    That`s how the magic happened
    Last edited by alex.mitev; 01-25-2013 at 12:58 PM.

  8. #48
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM

    You are dead right mate on all if this. I understand how people can overtrain quickly on it. Can I ask, did you have good cardio fitness prior to trying it? I have to say that I did, and when I switched to this style at 3 days a week I felt I could do 4 and I was doing additional cardio and getting stronger. It's what really helped get me to sub 8%. (Obviously with strict attention to detail on diet too.

    It works great in ladies who ten to hold a lot if their fat weight from the hips down, or at least the ladies I've had do it so far.

    But yes, Blondee, if you are starting to feel exhausted you should drop a day.
    I should be fine at 4. I'll give it a go.. Tomorrow will be my first day with that type of cardio so I'll let you know how I did Also, what's your suggestion on dropping water weight? Man can my body retain a boat load of it - I'm talking about 6-8 pounds. I take dandelion root, drink at least 3L water + sweat it out from cardio & that doesn't help... I seem to retain this water for about 8-10 days which is VERY discouraging. Anything you can suggest would be helpful.

    As for tracking progress - what's the best way? I would like to avoid the scale because it makes me loopy..... Progress pics of course, how often? Basically I'm asking how long I stay on course before I determine what works and what doesn't. I'm skeptical because everything else I've done up to this point has done nothing for me. Your diet & cardio advice (from both you and Alex) have been wonderful and so helpful, but I'm just at the point where I will do anything to make progress... I'm hoping to see some changes with a solid 2 weeks of a dialed in diet & HIIT cardio...'do you think that's realistic?

  9. #49
    -KJ-'s Avatar
    -KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Diet Section
    Posts
    1,280
    Changes in two weeks will be possible but nothing drastic... Small improvements!

    As for progress, I think the scale should be used but once a week or every 10 days.
    Progress pics each week.. At the end looking through pictures from week one on will be great.
    Also tape measurements is a great inexpensive way to track progress..
    Just some ideas!

  10. #50
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ-
    Changes in two weeks will be possible but nothing drastic... Small improvements!

    As for progress, I think the scale should be used but once a week or every 10 days.
    Progress pics each week.. At the end looking through pictures from week one on will be great.
    Also tape measurements is a great inexpensive way to track progress..
    Just some ideas!
    All this. Plus how your clothes fit.

    As for water loss? I'm not that we'll informed on the ways of a woman! It may change and become less as you drop fat but that's a complete guess!

    Can you post your reworked diet?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  11. #51
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM

    All this. Plus how your clothes fit.

    As for water loss? I'm not that we'll informed on the ways of a woman! It may change and become less as you drop fat but that's a complete guess!

    Can you post your reworked diet?
    I've been swamped at work this week. Will work on my diet tonight & post later SteM for your critiquing Thx for the suggestions KJ. I'll aim for using the scale every 10 days.

  12. #52
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

    I've been swamped at work this week. Will work on my diet tonight & post later SteM for your critiquing Thx for the suggestions KJ. I'll aim for using the scale every 10 days.
    Hi girl. I use myfitnesspal to do my macros. Luv it!

  13. #53
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

    Hi girl. I use myfitnesspal to do my macros. Luv it!
    Oooh, I'll have to download that app! Thx luv

  14. #54
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    80 pounds GONE - 30 to go .. WHY WONT IT COME OFF? Help pleaseee!!!! :)-image-2850760049.jpg



    80 pounds GONE - 30 to go .. WHY WONT IT COME OFF? Help pleaseee!!!! :)-image-2980565981.jpg


    Having a hard time figuring out these macros.... Will post diet shortly.

  15. #55
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    80 pounds GONE - 30 to go .. WHY WONT IT COME OFF? Help pleaseee!!!! :)-image-1363471898.jpg



    80 pounds GONE - 30 to go .. WHY WONT IT COME OFF? Help pleaseee!!!! :)-image-3349415627.jpg



    80 pounds GONE - 30 to go .. WHY WONT IT COME OFF? Help pleaseee!!!! :)-image-2622739571.jpg



    80 pounds GONE - 30 to go .. WHY WONT IT COME OFF? Help pleaseee!!!! :)-image-3308021717.jpg


    So this is what I have -

    Breakfast is Meal 1
    Lunch is Meal 2
    Meal 3 (Pre Work Out is Tilapia, Yams, Broccoli)
    Dinner is Meal 4 (Post Work Out) Chicken, Brown Rice, and Broccoli.
    Needed to get the cals up to 1500 + increase protein so I added a shake using almond milk.

    How does this look.... Anything to add/remove?


  16. #56
    alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    All this. Plus how your clothes fit.

    As for water loss? I'm not that we'll informed on the ways of a woman! It may change and become less as you drop fat but that's a complete guess!

    Can you post your reworked diet?
    Usually, keeping carbs on the lower end plus staying hydrated will take care of the water weight. All of which should be done consistently, cause if you binge or carb load every 5 days it`d take another approx 3 days to get rid of the fluid. This applies to genetically predisposed individuals.
    There are people who hardly hold onto water but they`re usually lean....
    Hope it helps

  17. #57
    -KJ-'s Avatar
    -KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Diet Section
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee
    <img src="http://forums.steroid .com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132519"/>

    <img src="http://forums.steroid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132518"/>

    <img src="http://forums.steroid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132520"/>

    <img src="http://forums.steroid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=132521"/>

    So this is what I have -

    Breakfast is Meal 1
    Lunch is Meal 2
    Meal 3 (Pre Work Out is Tilapia, Yams, Broccoli)
    Dinner is Meal 4 (Post Work Out) Chicken, Brown Rice, and Broccoli.
    Needed to get the cals up to 1500 + increase protein so I added a shake using almond milk.

    How does this look.... Anything to add/remove?

    Hey blondee what was your target cals 1500.. Other than the almond milk your food choices look good.. Try post totals for carbs fats protein for the diet also... Only had a quick look but more will chime in later

  18. #58
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Blondee, don't wanna be a pain but can you type it out like this

    Meal one
    Oats & eggs
    300cals. 30/30/10 (c/p/f)

    Meals 2
    Etc

    Will make it a lot clearer and easier!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  19. #59
    -KJ-'s Avatar
    -KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Diet Section
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Blondee, don't wanna be a pain but can you type it out like this

    Meal one
    Oats & eggs
    300cals. 30/30/10 (c/p/f)

    Meals 2
    Etc

    Will make it a lot clearer and easier!
    This too lol

  20. #60
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Blondee, don't wanna be a pain but can you type it out like this

    Meal one
    Oats & eggs
    300cals. 30/30/10 (c/p/f)

    Meals 2
    Etc

    Will make it a lot clearer and easier!
    Yup! I can do that for you guys :-) So about what Alex said for carbs (lower carbs less water retained)... Is my carb consumption okay ... 100g per day? The last thing I want into be bloated all the time.

  21. #61
    -KJ-'s Avatar
    -KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Diet Section
    Posts
    1,280
    Lowering carbs can help but for now I suggest sticking to what you have and drinking plenty of water. As you eat a good diet constantly you will be less bloated anyway if that worries you!

    For now fat loss is the main priority so I think where you are now is ok. Further down the road carbs may need to be lowered anyway so eat them while you can :-)

  22. #62
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Keep your carbs as they are. Depending in results we can always adjust macro's here and there.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  23. #63
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Keep your carbs as they are. Depending in results we can always adjust macro's here and there.
    Seriously guys, you are all awesome. So thankful for all of your help! Will break down the macros of each meal a bit later and post, but I wanted to quickly post this -

    Just did the cardio you suggested SteM and LOVED IT! Started w/ the bike since its much easier to go all out on that machine and switched to the stepper. Threw in some abs after I was done and BAM! Feel like a million bucks. Change is good. Thx again for the help.

  24. #64
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

    Seriously guys, you are all awesome. So thankful for all of your help! Will break down the macros of each meal a bit later and post, but I wanted to quickly post this -

    Just did the cardio you suggested SteM and LOVED IT! Started w/ the bike since its much easier to go all out on that machine and switched to the stepper. Threw in some abs after I was done and BAM! Feel like a million bucks. Change is good. Thx again for the help.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  25. #65
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Keep your carbs as they are. Depending in results we can always adjust macro's here and there.
    I like to see the whole day macro by meals. I see a few things I might change but the whole picture will help.

  26. #66
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

    I like to see the whole day macro by meals. I see a few things I might change but the whole picture will help.
    Okee dokee... Here we go! Feedback welcome please

    Meal 1:
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup egg whites
    1/3 cup oats

    30P/20C/12F

    Meal 2:
    6oz chicken
    1 cup broccoli
    1 cup cucumber
    1/4 of a medium avocado

    55P/8C/14F

    Meal 3:
    6oz tilapia
    1 cup boiled or baked yams
    1 cup broccoli

    36P/42C/4F

    Meal 4:
    5oz chicken
    1/2 cup cooked brown rice
    1 cup broccoli

    46P/28C/2F

    Meal 5:
    1 scoop protein in water w/ cinnamon

    21P/4C/2F

    Total Macros:
    188P/102C/34F
    1531 Calories


    Meal 3 will be Pre Workout & Meal 4 will be post workout. Workouts will be done anywhere between 5-7pm, and they will be done 3x week (full body). If I'm not getting home until late, meal 5 will be consumed after meal 2 instead of being the last meal. Cardio will be in the am in a fasted state 4 times per week. It will be HIIT cardio. 40 mins in duration.

    5 min warm up
    * 15 seconds at absolute maximum intensity
    * 45 seconds rest
    (Will do this 10 times)

    - Switch Machines -

    20 mins at a steady pace at 70% max heart rate

    * 30 second sprint at 85% max heart rate
    * 30 second rest
    (Will do this 5 times)


    Is this looking good? Any adjustments?

  27. #67
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Blondee, with only one possible exception, it's brilliant.

    Your protein shake in meal 5, is it casein or whey? It either needs to be casein or a real food slow acting protein (steak/chicken/cottage cheese).
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  28. #68
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    Following this thread.

    One little tip which IMO is something for your skin which I assume you want to keep supple and young during this process. Fish oil caps. At the end of the day you want to end up looking better! Many women forget or overlook this little detail when losing weight.

    GOOD LUCK! Keep up the good work Blondee.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

  29. #69
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Blondee, with only one possible exception, it's brilliant.

    Your protein shake in meal 5, is it casein or whey? It either needs to be casein or a real food slow acting protein (steak/chicken/cottage cheese).
    Stem it's Whey. Why does it need to be casein? I just bought a new tub of protein .... So on my late training days when Meal 4 will be my last meal, can I have the whey protein because it will be earlier in the day?

    Also, I've got brown rice in my Post meal ... Should I be switching that to white as it will be later in the evening... Brown is a slower digesting carb is it not? Also, on my non training days... Meal 3 & 4 will be consumed earlier to keep my carbs early in the day. Hope that's okay.

  30. #70
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe
    Following this thread.

    One little tip which IMO is something for your skin which I assume you want to keep supple and young during this process. Fish oil caps. At the end of the day you want to end up looking better! Many women forget or overlook this little detail when losing weight.

    GOOD LUCK! Keep up the good work Blondee.
    I do have fish oils... I generally take about 3 caps per day... Do I have to count for this in my fat macros?

  31. #71
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

    I do have fish oils... I generally take about 3 caps per day... Do I have to count for this in my fat macros?
    Yes you do! Though those 3 extra caps isn't going to hurt on top of what you have already.

    Your last meal of the day, whatever time, is your last meal for many, many hours. You need a slow digesting protein IMO. Whey is in and gone pretty much within the hour. Use your shake at a different time of day and move the protein from that meal instead in your last meal if the day.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  32. #72
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

    I like to see the whole day macro by meals. I see a few things I might change but the whole picture will help.
    You have done very very well. The rice looked misplaced until I saw your workout schedule. Love it.

    When r u starting????

  33. #73
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

    You have done very very well. The rice looked misplaced until I saw your workout schedule. Love it.

    When r u starting????
    Why thank you! But I had help - everyone on this thread has been so good in guiding me in the right direction, so thanks to all who helped. GGR - I started this yesterday. Cardio is great, meals are good.. Still a bit hungry but I will adjust... Water is at 3L, keeping up w/ supps. Took pics to compare with for next Sat to see what progress has been made as well as starting measurements. Fingers crossed, lets hope this helps me FINALLY break the 160 mark I've been stuck at for way to long.!!

  34. #74
    -KJ-'s Avatar
    -KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Diet Section
    Posts
    1,280
    This will help you break that 160 mark. Hard work, dedication and consistency! When you hit the perfect point in your diet fat will fall off :-)

  35. #75
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

    Why thank you! But I had help - everyone on this thread has been so good in guiding me in the right direction, so thanks to all who helped. GGR - I started this yesterday. Cardio is great, meals are good.. Still a bit hungry but I will adjust... Water is at 3L, keeping up w/ supps. Took pics to compare with for next Sat to see what progress has been made as well as starting measurements. Fingers crossed, lets hope this helps me FINALLY break the 160 mark I've been stuck at for way to long.!!
    If u get hungry eat more leafy veggies. Those little bit of carbs won't hurt you. You won't gain weight from that. Steam up some broccoli. Just no sauce

    Looking forward to your progress. In a few weeks you'll be breaking 150!!!

  36. #76
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ-
    This will help you break that 160 mark. Hard work, dedication and consistency! When you hit the perfect point in your diet fat will fall off :-)
    I couldn't agree more. Overall, the diet + cardio + training routine look spot on. Can't wait to see these results!! Thanks again for your help KJ

  37. #77
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

    If u get hungry eat more leafy veggies. Those little bit of carbs won't hurt you. You won't gain weight from that. Steam up some broccoli. Just no sauce

    Looking forward to your progress. In a few weeks you'll be breaking 150!!!

    I love steamed broccoli, of course sans sauce, I usually dip it mustard - hope that's okay. Oh my gosh, breaking 150... Haven't been lower than 151 so that'll be a very happy day for me!

    Question - right now do you think one cheat meal per week would be beneficial or shall I stick with all clean meals?

  38. #78
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Keep it clean as long as you can. 4 weeks would be great, you can then get a real feel of how synergistic the whole thing is. After that, we can talk
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  39. #79
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Keep it clean as long as you can. 4 weeks would be great, you can then get a real feel of how synergistic the whole thing is. After that, we can talk
    ^^^. This. And as u get closet to goal, the luxury of a cheat meal could set u back for the week. Not worth 6 days of effort IMO.

    This is where I think gals r at a disadvantage to our male counterparts. They can, we can't so much

  40. #80
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

    ^^^. This. And as u get closet to goal, the luxury of a cheat meal could set u back for the week. Not worth 6 days of effort IMO.

    This is where I think gals r at a disadvantage to our male counterparts. They can, we can't so much
    SteM I had a feeling you were going to say that & it's totally fine w/ me. Cheat meals make me want more so for now - glad to keep it clean!

    GGR - I know. My boyfriend can do a solid week of clean eating and have a cheat day or 2, eat whatever he wants, and he still has abs... Grrr lol. Oh well, it is what it is. No sense in crying over spilt milk lol. If clean food is what I have to eat for the rest of my life to obtain the physique I've always wanted, then so be it

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •