Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 201 to 240 of 254
  1. #201
    bethdoth's Avatar
    bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drunkest City in the USA
    Posts
    1,245
    I can only speak for what works for me and Fasting HIIT cardio... works for me. I do 5g BCAA in a cup of pomegranate green tea 15 minutes before I workout. Then 5g in my water while working out and 5g 1 hour after working out with my protein pancakes for breakfast. I am up at 4:15 and at the gym when it opens at 5 then at work by 7 (30 minute drive). I have lost 6.5 inches off the love handles since Jan 2nd. But I also eat pretty clean, lift in the afternoon and some days do more cardio after lifting.
    It won't hurt to try it. Figure out what 8 hours of the day you want to eat and get your macros in during that time frame. I eat 7am to 5pm-ish I know that is 10 hours but I have to eat when I get home from the gym in the evening.

  2. #202
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    I can only speak for what works for me and Fasting HIIT cardio... works for me. I do 5g BCAA in a cup of pomegranate green tea 15 minutes before I workout. Then 5g in my water while working out and 5g 1 hour after working out with my protein pancakes for breakfast. I am up at 4:15 and at the gym when it opens at 5 then at work by 7 (30 minute drive). I have lost 6.5 inches off the love handles since Jan 2nd. But I also eat pretty clean, lift in the afternoon and some days do more cardio after lifting.
    It won't hurt to try it. Figure out what 8 hours of the day you want to eat and get your macros in during that time frame. I eat 7am to 5pm-ish I know that is 10 hours but I have to eat when I get home from the gym in the evening.
    Wow. U attribute the loss from fasted cardio. I may have to reevaluate. How many days a week do u suggest?

  3. #203
    bethdoth's Avatar
    bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drunkest City in the USA
    Posts
    1,245
    GGR,
    I attribute the loss to everything I am doing eating habits, weight training, cardio and timing of complex carbs and protein but I feel the main fat burner is the cardio.

    I have been do fasting cardio 4-5 times a week for about 7 weeks now. I do the 5 minute warm up >>> 10 sets of 15 seconds as hard as I can go/45 second rest (15 minute mark) >>>> then 20 minutes at a 70% RPE (35 minute mark) >>>> 5 sets of 30 seconds 85% RPE/ 30 second rest (40 minute mark) >>> 10 minutes at 70% RPE (50 minute mark)>>> 5 minute cool down. Wait 1 hour to eat. I have went from 208 to 193.8 in just over 8 weeks. I am now trying something new. I have started IF with one 24 hour fast, normally on Tuesday. I have found that FOR ME the best 24 hours is 12:30 (lunch) to lunch. By the time time I get really hungry it's bedtime, then after I do HIIT in the morning I am not hungry for a few hours. 12:30 to 8:30PM I get all my macros in. I did this twice last week and broke a 2 week plateau and dropped 4 pounds in 1 week.
    Sorry for high jacking Blondie's thread!

  4. #204
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    GGR,
    I attribute the loss to everything I am doing eating habits, weight training, cardio and timing of complex carbs and protein but I feel the main fat burner is the cardio.

    I have been do fasting cardio 4-5 times a week for about 7 weeks now. I do the 5 minute warm up >>> 10 sets of 15 seconds as hard as I can go/45 second rest (15 minute mark) >>>> then 20 minutes at a 70% RPE (35 minute mark) >>>> 5 sets of 30 seconds 85% RPE/ 30 second rest (40 minute mark) >>> 10 minutes at 70% RPE (50 minute mark)>>> 5 minute cool down. Wait 1 hour to eat. I have went from 208 to 193.8 in just over 8 weeks. I am now trying something new. I have started IF with one 24 hour fast, normally on Tuesday. I have found that FOR ME the best 24 hours is 12:30 (lunch) to lunch. By the time time I get really hungry it's bedtime, then after I do HIIT in the morning I am not hungry for a few hours. 12:30 to 8:30PM I get all my macros in. I did this twice last week and broke a 2 week plateau and dropped 4 pounds in 1 week.
    Sorry for high jacking Blondie's thread!
    Thx rhoag for the info and Blondee for your patience!!!

  5. #205
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    GGR,
    I attribute the loss to everything I am doing eating habits, weight training, cardio and timing of complex carbs and protein but I feel the main fat burner is the cardio.

    I have been do fasting cardio 4-5 times a week for about 7 weeks now. I do the 5 minute warm up >>> 10 sets of 15 seconds as hard as I can go/45 second rest (15 minute mark) >>>> then 20 minutes at a 70% RPE (35 minute mark) >>>> 5 sets of 30 seconds 85% RPE/ 30 second rest (40 minute mark) >>> 10 minutes at 70% RPE (50 minute mark)>>> 5 minute cool down. Wait 1 hour to eat. I have went from 208 to 193.8 in just over 8 weeks. I am now trying something new. I have started IF with one 24 hour fast, normally on Tuesday. I have found that FOR ME the best 24 hours is 12:30 (lunch) to lunch. By the time time I get really hungry it's bedtime, then after I do HIIT in the morning I am not hungry for a few hours. 12:30 to 8:30PM I get all my macros in. I did this twice last week and broke a 2 week plateau and dropped 4 pounds in 1 week.
    Sorry for high jacking Blondie's thread!
    Haha! Don't be sorry, this is all very useful info to me I'm all for sharing best practices, trust me!

  6. #206
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

    Haha! Don't be sorry, this is all very useful info to me I'm all for sharing best practices, trust me!
    Time for progress pics??? Did u consider the condition contest......just a thought....

  7. #207
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

    Time for progress pics??? Did u consider the condition contest......just a thought....
    I saw your name on the list. Awesomeness!!!!

  8. #208
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

    I saw your name on the list. Awesomeness!!!!
    Pics will be soon & yeah yeah, I entered We will see what happens! Ps - I've got a countdown going on. I have 8 weeks to look smokin lol, okay I know that's not realistic and I need a lot longer than 8 weeks to look the way I want to look, but I'm going overseas in May and would love to have made good strides by then.

    Had a setback last week due to copious amounts of water retention that you'd understand GGR. Seems like once a month that sets me back. It sucks ass but I'll just have to find a way around it I guess. Other than that, diet & cardio is great, training is awesome - I'm getting stronger and seeing definition in places that I haven't seen before consistency is key and I understand that now. I'll post some pics next weekend. This time, with less boob showing lol

  9. #209
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    ^^ awesomeness! Glad to see you're sticking with it... and subsequently making progress. Great job!

  10. #210
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Just checking in on you b4 contest starts! Ready????

  11. #211
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Just checking in on you b4 contest starts! Ready????
    Thanks love! I'm ready & super excited to see these changes in the next 3 months ... A little nervous thought because May 1st I fly overseas so hoping that wont hinder my progress too much.

  12. #212
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

    Thanks love! I'm ready & super excited to see these changes in the next 3 months ... A little nervous thought because May 1st I fly overseas so hoping that wont hinder my progress too much.
    Well. Maintain during that time. How long will u be gone?

  13. #213
    kitstreasure's Avatar
    kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Married to Kit
    Posts
    1,050
    So, Blondee, I say us three girls take all three steps on the podium for the natural class, whatcha think?

  14. #214
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    I'm moving actually so I'll be gone for a year... I'm only worried about the initial travel time, that's it.. My guy is already there so it'll make it easy for me to start a new routine once I get there. Goal is always to maintain while traveling and I'm quite confident I can do this

  15. #215
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by kitstreasure
    So, Blondee, I say us three girls take all three steps on the podium for the natural class, whatcha think?
    Hell yeah lady! Never underestimate someone with a goal & a deadline for that goal, especially when it comes to women and their bodies lol. Will be a great contest , can't wait

  16. #216
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    ^^ so you're in?

  17. #217
    kitstreasure's Avatar
    kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Married to Kit
    Posts
    1,050
    Blondee, BMWgirl, and I are all three in the natural class.

  18. #218
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by kitstreasure View Post
    Blondee, BMWgirl, and I are all three in the natural class.
    Awesome!! Great job girls.

  19. #219
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Gbrice, Back In Black, GGR, Mock... Anyone that wants to help


    I'm wondering if now is the time to make some dietary changes...

    I have seen changes in my body with the diet + training program I've been following since Mid January, however, I want to know when I should be "switching it up" to prevent a plateau, and what I should do differently.

    Right now I'm consuming 1500 cals with a split of 50/30/20 - 200g P/100g C/35g F
    oreduce protein & carb intake?
    ocarb cycling?
    olower carbs & increase fat?
    oFasting?

    Keep in mind, I can retain a lot of water so I'm unsure if carb cycling is the best option for me, but I could be wrong. It could work wonders for me if done correctly.

    I'm very happy w/ my progress so far, but this is nothing new to me. I lose inches, look & feel better and then I get my period and BAM, hello water weight, & I'm almost back to where I started. It sucks ass. However, last month I did cheat during that time. I was under a lot of stress & my cravings got the best of me. I'm not going to allow that to happen this month so we will see how quickly I can bounce back. As wonderful as it is being a woman, sometimes it sucks for this very reason! Lol

    Anyways... Hoping to gain some advice and feedback on whether or not to keep the diet the same or change... Below are my starting pics versus pics I took this morning .. Progress for sure, but that damn lower tummy is so hard to budge! Grrrrr. I want that gone.

  20. #220
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee
    Gbrice, Back In Black, GGR, Mock... Anyone that wants to help

    I'm wondering if now is the time to make some dietary changes...

    I have seen changes in my body with the diet + training program I've been following since Mid January, however, I want to know when I should be "switching it up" to prevent a plateau, and what I should do differently.

    Right now I'm consuming 1500 cals with a split of 50/30/20 - 200g P/100g C/35g F
    oreduce protein & carb intake?
    ocarb cycling?
    olower carbs & increase fat?
    oFasting?

    Keep in mind, I can retain a lot of water so I'm unsure if carb cycling is the best option for me, but I could be wrong. It could work wonders for me if done correctly.

    I'm very happy w/ my progress so far, but this is nothing new to me. I lose inches, look & feel better and then I get my period and BAM, hello water weight, & I'm almost back to where I started. It sucks ass. However, last month I did cheat during that time. I was under a lot of stress & my cravings got the best of me. I'm not going to allow that to happen this month so we will see how quickly I can bounce back. As wonderful as it is being a woman, sometimes it sucks for this very reason! Lol

    Anyways... Hoping to gain some advice and feedback on whether or not to keep the diet the same or change... Below are my starting pics versus pics I took this morning .. Progress for sure, but that damn lower tummy is so hard to budge! Grrrrr. I want that gone.
    Blondee. How flexible is your training schedule? Last I recall you were working out in the morning. Was this temporary measure?

  21. #221
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    I have never done IF or carb cycling but Gbrice has and I think 405 has done both as well.

    I am under the impression IF 8 hour eating window encompasses the workout(lifting) as well which is why I am asking about your training schedule.

  22. #222
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    I have never done IF or carb cycling but Gbrice has and I think 405 has done both as well.

    I am under the impression IF 8 hour eating window encompasses the workout(lifting) as well which is why I am asking about your training schedule.
    Right now I don't train in the am, I do cardio then due to the effectiveness of doing it in a fasted state.. I train 2x week around 5pm & then on the weekends usually between 11am-1pm. Would like to keep this routine as it's working well for my lifestyle.

  23. #223
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

    Right now I don't train in the am, I do cardio then due to the effectiveness of doing it in a fasted state.. I train 2x week around 5pm & then on the weekends usually between 11am-1pm. Would like to keep this routine as it's working well for my lifestyle.
    I would like for the guys to comment and correct me if required.

    I believe you have about 30 more to the goal??

    If u are still dropping with current plan I say stay the course.

    Next thing I would do is reduce calories to 1300 with same macro split

    Then look at alternatives like IF or carb cycling. From members experiences, both yield results.

  24. #224
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    That's exactly what I was thinking.... I'm progressing but the only way I gauge my progress is through photo's. clothes are somewhat fitting better and I am seeing small changes. I haven't weighed myself in about 4 weeks so I have no idea how accurate that 30 pounds is and right now it's not about a number if I'm weight training, it's about smaller sizes & so far haven't lost a size yet which is frustrating since I've been sticking with this 7 weeks with the exception of 1 week. That's why I'm asking for advice ... Stay or switch. Below is a 2 month progress... Now we know that we're our own worst critics, but I feel as if I should have made better progress. I dunno, what are you thoughts guys?



    80 pounds GONE - 30 to go .. WHY WONT IT COME OFF? Help pleaseee!!!! :)-image-724853056.jpg



    80 pounds GONE - 30 to go .. WHY WONT IT COME OFF? Help pleaseee!!!! :)-image-3693163879.jpg

  25. #225
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee
    That's exactly what I was thinking.... I'm progressing but the only way I gauge my progress is through photo's. clothes are somewhat fitting better and I am seeing small changes. I haven't weighed myself in about 4 weeks so I have no idea how accurate that 30 pounds is and right now it's not about a number if I'm weight training, it's about smaller sizes & so far haven't lost a size yet which is frustrating since I've been sticking with this 7 weeks with the exception of 1 week. That's why I'm asking for advice ... Stay or switch. Below is a 2 month progress... Now we know that we're our own worst critics, but I feel as if I should have made better progress. I dunno, what are you thoughts guys?

    <img src="http://forums.steroid .com/attachment.php?attachmentid=135025"/>

    <img src="http://forums.steroid.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=135026"/>
    I see an amazing difference. Your much smaller now. Even down your back into your booty. Girl u need new glasses!!

    You are in the home stretch so the changes are going to be more subtle in nature. Refinements. Sculpting. For me this is the hardest part cuz you r so close yet seems to take so long cuz you will lose at a slower rate.

    Girl you are doing awesome!! When is your 3rd month complete? I would like to get a feel for how your measurements are changed from mo 2 to mo 3. Keep up the great work!!!!

  26. #226
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    You're absolutely right. It's still in my head that weigh loss will be faster, because the one and only time I've ever lost weight, it melted off (mind you I was 70 pounds heavier), but I compare it to that. Wrong, I know... It's such a mind f*ck lol, just like the scale which is why I put that away.

    Patience. Patience. Patience. Something I need to work on haha. Thank you for your encouraging words, I needed that. You're a doll.

    And yes, I'll take some measurements tomorrow morning and compare them to my 3rd month mark which is April 14th

    Thanks again GGR xo

  27. #227
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee
    You're absolutely right. It's still in my head that weigh loss will be faster, because the one and only time I've ever lost weight, it melted off (mind you I was 70 pounds heavier), but I compare it to that. Wrong, I know... It's such a mind f*ck lol, just like the scale which is why I put that away.

    Patience. Patience. Patience. Something I need to work on haha. Thank you for your encouraging words, I needed that. You're a doll.

    And yes, I'll take some measurements tomorrow morning and compare them to my 3rd month mark which is April 14th

    Thanks again GGR xo
    You are so welcome! The other hard adjustment for me was I still saw a heavy person staring back at me in the mirror. Very weird. It took me 2 years to come to grips with my smaller self. And it took my favorite sales gal to help me. I was admiring another gal who was trying on the same outfit. I said gosh she looks really good. She's tiny. My stylist turns to me and said. She's one size larger then you. I just couldn't see it for myself.

    My loses was a fraction of what you will accomplish. So I imagine the adjustment for you even more grand. . I really think this contest is the perfect timing for you! Luv that you signed on! Those voices u hear will be me cheering you on!!!!

  28. #228
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Blondee. Have you seen this!

    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UUG-wtq9LTo

    May want to consider incorporating for the contest.

  29. #229
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Blondee. Have you seen this!

    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UUG-wtq9LTo

    May want to consider incorporating for the contest.
    Thanks for sharing GGR! It looks a little intimidating as I've never done any of that, but I'll give it a go and try not to make an ass out of myself lol!!

  30. #230
    gbrice75's Avatar
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking.... I'm progressing but the only way I gauge my progress is through photo's. clothes are somewhat fitting better and I am seeing small changes. I haven't weighed myself in about 4 weeks so I have no idea how accurate that 30 pounds is and right now it's not about a number if I'm weight training, it's about smaller sizes & so far haven't lost a size yet which is frustrating since I've been sticking with this 7 weeks with the exception of 1 week. That's why I'm asking for advice ... Stay or switch. Below is a 2 month progress... Now we know that we're our own worst critics, but I feel as if I should have made better progress. I dunno, what are you thoughts guys?



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-724853056.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	358.4 KB 
ID:	135025



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3693163879.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	342.8 KB 
ID:	135026
    1 - you are most definitely making progress. It's especially evident in the 2nd pic... both front and back are clearly leaner, and it's obvious to me that it's not just water weight etc. lost, it's reduced bodyfat. You can plainly see that.

    2 - why aren't you taking measurements? That is by far the best indicator of what's happening with your body IMO, although I personally recommend a combo of weighing in (once per week), measurements, pics, and fitting of clothes.

    Either way, great job!! Keep going, don't slow down now. 7 weeks is great, but in my experience I see the most progress over the next several weeks to come.

  31. #231
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    1 - you are most definitely making progress. It's especially evident in the 2nd pic... both front and back are clearly leaner, and it's obvious to me that it's not just water weight etc. lost, it's reduced bodyfat. You can plainly see that.

    2 - why aren't you taking measurements? That is by far the best indicator of what's happening with your body IMO, although I personally recommend a combo of weighing in (once per week), measurements, pics, and fitting of clothes.

    Either way, great job!! Keep going, don't slow down now. 7 weeks is great, but in my experience I see the most progress over the next several weeks to come.

    1 - I need to get an accurate body fat test done. I'll do this once I'm overseas.

    2 - I didn't take measurements cause I'm a tool lol, but I just took them yesterday morning for future references. I don't have anyone to take them for me and it's kind of difficult doing them on my own, but I managed. I took my bust, waist, mid-section, and hips. As far as the scale goes, I can't use it. It f*cks with my head too much. I made a post about this a while ago. There was a noticeable difference in my body, yet when I stepped on the scale, my weight had gone up 1 pound. One of the members was kind enough to post a picture that showed some broad who was 125 pounds and one who was 140 pounds, and the one who was 140 was shredded and looked awesome, clearly more muscle which is why she weighed heavier. I need to just take pics and measurements to keep my focus. I'm a visual person, if I see a change, I stick with it. If I don't see a change on the scale, I don't. I get fed up and then just quit.

    Thanks again for checking in on me! I'm doing well. I have a wonderful support system at home, overseas from my man, as well as on this site from some very helpful people, you being one of them! Looking forward to these next few weeks!

  32. #232
    alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondee View Post
    1 - I need to get an accurate body fat test done. I'll do this once I'm overseas.

    2 - I didn't take measurements cause I'm a tool lol, but I just took them yesterday morning for future references. I don't have anyone to take them for me and it's kind of difficult doing them on my own, but I managed. I took my bust, waist, mid-section, and hips. As far as the scale goes, I can't use it. It f*cks with my head too much. I made a post about this a while ago. There was a noticeable difference in my body, yet when I stepped on the scale, my weight had gone up 1 pound. One of the members was kind enough to post a picture that showed some broad who was 125 pounds and one who was 140 pounds, and the one who was 140 was shredded and looked awesome, clearly more muscle which is why she weighed heavier. I need to just take pics and measurements to keep my focus. I'm a visual person, if I see a change, I stick with it. If I don't see a change on the scale, I don't. I get fed up and then just quit.

    Thanks again for checking in on me! I'm doing well. I have a wonderful support system at home, overseas from my man, as well as on this site from some very helpful people, you being one of them! Looking forward to these next few weeks!
    Hi Blonde, shortly - stick with your plan as long as it produce results, this means you have not had any results/changes in two weeks time. It`s time to change. I have very good/simple carb cycling recommendation for you, but will post it a bit later.

  33. #233
    alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156
    I have actually lost track of how many carbs u eat right now, do they differ on workout non-workout days?
    Supposedly u know what your maintanence is.
    Day 1,2,3 25% below maint. Carbs only in brekfast and pwo meals. Go fo around 80-100 including trace amounts
    Day 4 moderate refeeed 15 %over maint. Since u hold onto water easily, just be moderate - 200 - 220 gr for the day will suffice.
    Simple yet very effective

  34. #234
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.mitev
    I have actually lost track of how many carbs u eat right now, do they differ on workout non-workout days?
    Supposedly u know what your maintanence is.
    Day 1,2,3 25% below maint. Carbs only in brekfast and pwo meals. Go fo around 80-100 including trace amounts
    Day 4 moderate refeeed 15 %over maint. Since u hold onto water easily, just be moderate - 200 - 220 gr for the day will suffice.
    Simple yet very effective
    I eat roughly 100g 7 days a week. This does not change based on workout days. I already keep my 3 carb meals to Meal 1, 2, 3 on non workout days & Meal 1, 4, 5 on training days (pre&post).

    Right now I'm consuming 1500 cals... My TDEE is exactly that, but I figured with the fasted cardio 4x week & weight training 3x a week, that would put me in a deficit. It worked initially, and still is, but progress is much slower.

    I believe now is the perfect time to adjust my menu plan. I was thinking about just lowering my cals to 1300 per day and start with that. I'm very Leary to do carb cycling because in the past when I did it, it left me feeling like shit the day after. I detest feeling bloated. It makes me feel fat and when I feel like that I'm more likely to deviate from my plan (skip cardio because "who cares, it's not doing anything anyways"... Or miss a meal because "maybe less cals will make me lose").... I know that's all wrong but that's just the frame of mind I get into from feeling bloated & I want to avoid that at all cost. However, if that will be more effective than just lowering my cals, then I'll do it. I won't like it lol, but I'll do it.

    I put together a new menu this weekend & post on here for critiquing and feedback.

    Thanks for your help Alex

  35. #235
    alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156
    U ll probably have to lower cals but not dramatically. In case you have been on 100 ish carbs, things are different. I am inclined to thing your progress slowed down due to lack of refeed - u do not refeed,, too scared or im wrong every respected and trustworthy specialist in the field is adamant abour refeeds.

    Go for
    Day 1 2 cut carbs in half! 50 gr including trace amounts.
    Day 3 4 5 go for 100 trace in there
    Day 6 refeed with 200 gr.
    I guarantee youll advance further.
    Post ur menu when done

  36. #236
    alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156
    Oh i forgot - carbs brekfast pwo only, i know some will say pre workout is more important, but ive tried both with people.....
    Refeed is different

  37. #237
    GirlyGymRat's Avatar
    GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a gym!
    Posts
    14,194
    Game on girl!!!!!

  38. #238
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Game on girl!!!!!
    Yeah buddy. So excited for what's to come!

  39. #239
    CookiesNCream's Avatar
    CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.mitev
    U ll probably have to lower cals but not dramatically. In case you have been on 100 ish carbs, things are different. I am inclined to thing your progress slowed down due to lack of refeed - u do not refeed,, too scared or im wrong every respected and trustworthy specialist in the field is adamant abour refeeds.

    Go for
    Day 1 2 cut carbs in half! 50 gr including trace amounts.
    Day 3 4 5 go for 100 trace in there
    Day 6 refeed with 200 gr.
    I guarantee youll advance further.
    Post ur menu when done
    Too scared to refeed. I hate the way I feel the next day & can't seem to get it out of my head that one refeed meal will throw off my entires weeks of hard work. I am wrong, I know.

    Question regarding this method though... Why not do 100g day 1/2, 50g day 3/4/5, and day 6 200g? Why did you suggest what you did initially? .. Just trying to understand.

  40. #240
    alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    156
    If you train hard on the reefed day, you shouln`t feel tha much guilty the next day. On the hand this could be detrimental to the purpose of refeed - replenish partially/fully your glycogen stores. This is not and has never been an exact science. So many variables and sooner or later it all comes down to knowing your own body - not anyone is able to get there which accounts for flourishing personal training industry.

    Getting to your question - since you said you`re prone to holding water, having your carbs built up gradually would mitigate that effect your body is likely to experience. What do you think would happen if you jumped from 50 to 200 - that`s 4-fold increase after all. Not only will you gain weight due to water retention, but you`ll most likely (not saying for sure) will keep that with you for the following 3 days by having your current carb intake - and not to forget you do not refeed now, which will only amplify the above-mentioned process.
    The main reason of bringing your calories/carbs up every x days is mainly to prevent metabolic slow down (hormone restoration occurs), diet adaptation, cortisol control, mental break, and muscle loss to a degree. Remember the more muscle mass you bear the more calories you`d burn at rest. If you include very low carb days following refeed ( i consider 50 grams to be very low) you`re more likely to :
    1. Burn more fat - remember that metabolism would be elevated due to refeed, and any physical activity on that low calorie / carb day will make use of more fatty acids. Lyle Mcdonald refers to more than one study supportive of this concept
    2. get rid of the little extra water you might have gotten hold of.
    3. Prime your body to better utilization of the 100 carb grams just around the corner.
    I can go on and on, but think that`s enough of rationale?

    I`d like to once again reiterate my standpoint - this is not an exact science and approaches should be different.

    For instance, I started dieting with only one refeed a week. I reached 15% bf but hit plateau then. What i actually did was having 3 low , 1 high carb days and it worked fine. I never had to drop below 180 gr of carbs on a daily basis. THe leaner i was becoming the more food i could get away with.
    On the contrary, a person that i work with did not get along with 3/1 plan. When i put him on 5/1 approach he started loosing body fat. To advance further, we tweaked to 6 low carb days, 1 moderate refeed, 1 zero carb day, 1 high refeed and all over.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •