Tasmaniac is offline Associate Member

Please critique my diet

My diet isn't too bad but I would like to make some improvements. Sorry it's not as detailed as it should be.

I start off the day with oats. I just eat as much as I can. Probably around 200g.

Two hours after that I have some nuts. Usually a large handful. Again, it's until I am full.

Two to three hours after that I have a big serving of meat (usually chicken, sometimes pork and occasionally beef) and a shitload of veggies (probably over 300g) mixed with gravy. I am not sure of the weight but its usually two chicken kievs or a couple of pork chops and on the odd occasion a couple of big rissoles and a pork chop.

Two to three hours after that I have a big protein drink (roughly 50% bigger than the standard size).

Three hours later I have another meal which I alternate between meat and carbs and meat with veggies depending on how fat my stomach looks lol On gym days I have another protein drink with my last meal as well. On workout days I train between having the shake and tea time.

This diet has enabled me to do a course and not only not lose weight at the end, but add roughly 1kg per 4 weeks and keep gaining strength.
    I am worried about the carbs though. I'm wish I could cut them back a bit more. I am not holding much fat on my limbs but I have got a bit extra around the middle. Particularly my stomach n

I also used a bit of GHRP-6 and IGF -1 and when I am on course I use high dose fish oil, multi vitamins, pro biotics and vitamin c. It has also been suggested that I should look at amino acids as well.

I am about to start another AAS cycle and want to improve my diet. Here are my stats:
    35 years of age
    200lb
    10-12% body fat

I would like put on 20-40 more pounds and lose a bit of fat around the middle on my next cycle.

I've had about 6-7 months off cycle and have pct ready to go.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tasmaniac; 02-14-2013 at 07:50 PM.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That doesn't seem like a diet, what are you trying to do, lose weight gain weight ? You don't seem to have any consistency in what you eat throughout the day , youre not consuming any protein for breakfast. Its good to eat chicken/veggies but is the gravy that important? You should do some reading, and maybe explain what it is you are looking for, ie cut or gain weight, and maybe some folks can help steer you on the right path.
    Best of luck

Thanks for your opinion.
    Does it matter if I'm not getting protein in the morning?
    It probably sounds dumb but I hadn't thought about that.
    I want to gain 20-40lb on my next cycle.
    I edited my post so it says that at the bottom.

Thanks.

Must of missed that, you should consuming some sort of protein with every meal. Shoot for 50:50 with carbs prot, don't get to crazy on the nuts either. Just have some eggs with your oats.
    Typical breakfast for me 1 cup oats 1 cup whites 1/2 cup blue berries and 500ml skim.
    I missed that you were bulking also, my bad.

You should write down your macros for a day of eating and see what you come up with then you can see where you are falling short

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Must of missed that, you should consuming some sort of protein with every meal. Shoot for 50:50 with carbs prot, don't get to crazy on the nuts either. Just have some eggs with your oats.
    Typical breakfast for me 1 cup oats 1 cup whites 1/2 cup blue berries and 500ml skim.
    I missed that you were bulking also, my bad.

You should write down your macros for a day of eating and see what you come up with then you can see where you are falling short
    The problem I'm having now is that carbs are leaving me too bloated. I've been trying to cut carbs down because of my stomach. After a meal it looks like I'm pregnant and a couple of hours later its ok. For brekky I can have a hard boiled egg or two. That should be ok right? Time is a problem for me in the morning.

I wasn't very clear before about bulking. I went back and reworded it...

No wonder you feel like shit in the morning, 200g of oats? Dude that's 2.5 cups around, that's insane..I have a hard time eating 1 cup of oats I cant imagine fitting 2.5 cups in my gut. Cut that back, and take some protein in with breakfast, have the remainder of those carbs you took out of breakfast after you work out.
    Also, what is a big protein drink? You put protein powder in a big cup? or do you take 1 scoop or 10 scoops of protein? You should be a little more specific.
    What kind of nuts are you eating?

No wonder you feel like shit in the morning, 200g of oats? Dude that's 2.5 cups around, that's insane..I have a hard time eating 1 cup of oats I cant imagine fitting 2.5 cups in my gut. Cut that back, and take some protein in with breakfast, have the remainder of those carbs you took out of breakfast after you work out.
    Also, what is a big protein drink? You put protein powder in a big cup? or do you take 1 scoop or 10 scoops of protein? You should be a little more specific.
    What kind of nuts are you eating?
    Thanks for your reply. I think I will just have a hard boiled egg and cut back with the oats. I feel bloated these days. My stomach looks massive some days then thin on others. For the nuts I am having walnuts, almonds and peanuts.

Nuts are fine in moderation.

Stick to 1 cup oats and see how you feel, consume more eggs if you can or throw some whites in. You consume a lot of salt? What's with that gravy you were talking about.. What's that made out of or do you just buy it

Nuts are fine in moderation.

Stick to 1 cup oats and see how you feel, consume more eggs if you can or throw some whites in. You consume a lot of salt? What's with that gravy you were talking about.. What's that made out of or do you just buy it
    Ok 1 cup of oats. I will add the eggs in next week. I might alternate between hard boiled and a nice big omelette with some bacon in it. I don't have much salt because it screws me up. I end up with mad cramps in the middle of the night.
    Gravy for me makes things taste so much better and it's more easy to swallow. It's super expensive for what it is. I get a chicken flavoured one. It's the bomb. Occasionally my wife makes it if we have a roast. In that case it's just the juice and some flour to thicken it up.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry. Double post.

Thread Information