Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"

Thoughts on the Glycemic Index diet

As some have seen me mention, my wife is dealing with hypoglycemia and trying to work out a diet that will help her continue her journey to reach her goals and yet power her through the day to avoid crashing!

She has been studying the GI diet and has us both confused. Is this a good diet under these cicumstances and can anyone offer advise on it if it is?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I think the whole premise of the diet is very similar to a diabetic diet. Enjoy slow burning carbs, and it wouldn't hurt to take psyllium husk fiber at the same time to decrease the glycemic load. The glycemic value is important, but probably more important is the glycemic load of the meal you eat, as a food item with a GV is only a part of the puzzle you call a meal.

Maybe you should call out the highlights of the diet, and we can pick it apart.

My concern is that there is a whole host of foods that have NO GV that need to be considered as well (proteins and fats).

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I think the whole premise of the diet is very similar to a diabetic diet. Enjoy slow burning carbs, and it wouldn't hurt to take psyllium husk fiber at the same time to decrease the glycemic load. The glycemic value is important, but probably more important is the glycemic load of the meal you eat, as a food item with a GV is only a part of the puzzle you call a meal.

Maybe you should call out the highlights of the diet, and we can pick it apart.

My concern is that there is a whole host of foods that have NO GV that need to be considered as well (proteins and fats).
    I will indedd start a log of her diet..she hates wasting time on the internet but me...I got time lol

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    I will indedd start a log of her diet..she hates wasting time on the internet but me...I got time lol
    show her my before and after photos and then come talk to me about "wasting time" !!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    show her my before and after photos and then come talk to me about "wasting time" !!
    I have...she was extremely impressed...not by you mind ya, but the gtransformation lol.

She jsut never stops long enough to committ to a log or something. A few searches her and there on her phone but thats it. She never sits down. I make up for it though lol

well if shell listen to u then u can do the work for her.. in my experience until it becomes important enuff for them (thinking of my wife) to do the work, they will NOT stay committed to the program..

well if shell listen to u then u can do the work for her.. in my experience until it becomes important enuff for them (thinking of my wife) to do the work, they will NOT stay committed to the program..
    Nah...she actually knows I posted this and asked me to. She reads it and we communicate back and forth but she wont stop doing things around the house long enough to actually type things out or make an account. I have tried to get her to several times. Maybe she is afraid she might catch just a bit of slack for being married to me lol!

u gonna post some stuff about this GI diet??

u gonna post some stuff about this GI diet??
    You just settle down...she is at work. I will post her normal diet later. It's not a GI diet. I'm looking for info on the GI diet as an option to help someone who is hypo.

LOL.. hey pal dont bite my head off im just trying to help here! TR askd if u were gonna post some specifics and i guess i assumed u were..

obviously if ur wife is having blood sugar issues going extended periods of time with out carbs then she is gonna have to probably figure out if this is new and if so why is it happening as well as eat carbs in the mean time until it can get sorted out.

blood sugar issues are not ones to be taken lightly (as im sure u know).

LOL.. hey pal dont bite my head off im just trying to help here! TR askd if u were gonna post some specifics and i guess i assumed u were..

obviously if ur wife is having blood sugar issues going extended periods of time with out carbs then she is gonna have to probably figure out if this is new and if so why is it happening as well as eat carbs in the mean time until it can get sorted out.

blood sugar issues are not ones to be taken lightly (as im sure u know).
    Just messin with ya...I'm going to shoot ya a PM!

ok buddy

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I dont knoe enough about hypoglycemia dietary approach to answer for certain. Obviously I have a basic idea . In my opinion just like with others glycemic load would prob be most accurate tool over GI.

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    I think the GI thing is poor determinant to whether of not one diet is successful.
    The idea of GLycemic load and Insulin response is way more authentic. Some foods have low GI and but cause high insulin response. And here comes the insulin sensitivity ....
    THe most genetically gifted individuals have high insuling sensitivity in their muscle cells and low insulin sensitivity in the fat cells.

Thread Information