Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fasting

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    On what - fasting? Not currently, although I've been considering writing one up. The problem is that there are SO many different 'flavors' of fasting... but I suppose it's not that much different than training or dieting in that regard.

Agreed.

Well today starts my 12 or 18 hour fast. Started when I woke up at 9am.
    Last edited by t-dogg; 01-31-2013 at 05:47 AM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^ cool when u eatn?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    ^^ cool when u eatn?

Ok just finished. i went to bed last night around 130am and stopped eating around midnight. Did not eat again until about 9-930pm today. Went well, not bad at all.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What's the deal with people and training in a fasted state, or do you avoid training while you are fasting?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    Ok just finished. i went to bed last night around 130am and stopped eating around midnight. Did not eat again until about 9-930pm today. Went well, not bad at all.
    What time did you wake???

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Hey genius how bout scroll up like 4 posts.. Geez.. LOL

Hey genius how bout scroll up like 4 posts.. Geez.. LOL
    Feel free to scroll up and tell me exactly what time he woke up homo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^

lol

You kids play nice.

Approx 9am.

Psaletta is offline Member
    Good thread! So fasted days 8-10-12 hrs after waking plus 45 min cardio 2x a week. Then on training days normal cal intake is the sum of it. Find what works best for the individual out of the 8-10-12 hrs on fasting days. Does anyone lift on these days or is it counterproductive due to the fact you can burn muscle on these days due to cal deflect?

Always wanted to try this.. Say my first meal was at 9am after morning cardio, would my last meal be 8 hours later? Then not eat until next morning? Or is 16 hours not long enough
    Thanks

Feel free to scroll up and tell me exactly what time he woke up homo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Simple: 0900 pal.. See unlike u i am able to use my brain to deduce..

Id also like to note this deduction is based on tdoggs original post of 2100.. Obviously he did not wake up then and it was a typo!

Simple: 0900 pal.. See unlike u i am able to use my brain to deduce..

Id also like to note this deduction is based on tdoggs original post of 2100.. Obviously he did not wake up then and it was a typo!
    Simple after waiting for him to post what time he woke up! Your crankyness is getting the best of ya buddy!

Simple after waiting for him to post what time he woke up! Your crankyness is getting the best of ya buddy!
    LOL.. i made the deduction prior to the correction. i just didnt post it til today.. and it came in.. but now im working on something else so no point in starting..

Tdogg approves of Fasting

I see this helping me to walk around at 9-10% bf at least.

Im going on record right now and saying this is the best Ive looked off cycle.
    Last edited by t-dogg; 02-01-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Tdogg approves of Fasting

I see this helping me to walk around at 9-10% bf at least.

Im going on record right now and saying this is the best Ive looked off cycle.
    welcome to the world of fasting tdogg! itll enable u to do a lot of things u may have previously not been able to do. once u get oriented with fasting u will see how much freedom u have.. wanna eat half a large pizza?? fast for 24hrs and hit 60mins worth cardio then eat the dang thing and keep rolling dude!

welcome to the world of fasting tdogg! itll enable u to do a lot of things u may have previously not been able to do. once u get oriented with fasting u will see how much freedom u have.. wanna eat half a large pizza?? fast for 24hrs and hit 60mins worth cardio then eat the dang thing and keep rolling dude!
    Yes! Ive been playing with it. Gonna keep doing it 2-3 times a week.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Fasting is about the single greatest thing I could gave ever done to my regime. I currently do a 16/8 split, and by the time my fast is over, I don't even feel 'starving'. I'm thinking of increasing to a 18/6 split, or maybe introducing a single 24hour fast in during the week. Gotta get my game plan sorted for the Conditioning Competition!

I think writing a sticky is a great idea GB. We have them for cutting, bulking and lean gains. I think Fasting is a tried and testing method that enough if us approve of.
    I would leave out the idea of 23.5hour fasting and eating a single meal in that 30 min window. I don't think Bear would approve

Make it a sticky and people can post their own experiences with it, cause I'd like to learn more about it and I'm sure a lot of people would.

the fasting im doing right now is 23:45 fasted 15min eating window 2 days in a row.. eating window (600-800cals)

the first day is ok but the second day is freaking hard man! esp going to bed that night knowing i get to eat in the am. sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night just because im excited about eating the following day! u know how u cant sleep the night before a fun event cuz ur excited? i do this on the second night sometimes due to the excitement about my food the next day!

sad huh? LOL...

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    the fasting im doing right now is 23:45 fasted 15min eating window 2 days in a row.. eating window (600-800cals)

the first day is ok but the second day is freaking hard man! esp going to bed that night knowing i get to eat in the am. sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night just because im excited about eating the following day! u know how u cant sleep the night before a fun event cuz ur excited? i do this on the second night sometimes due to the excitement about my food the next day!

sad huh? LOL...
    It's probably in your log somewhere. But what's your eating protocol for the 3rd day? Have you noticed much better fat loss than just IF?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    I think writing a sticky is a great idea GB. We have them for cutting, bulking and lean gains. I think Fasting is a tried and testing method that enough if us approve of.
    I would leave out the idea of 23.5hour fasting and eating a single meal in that 30 min window. I don't think Bear would approve

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Make it a sticky and people can post their own experiences with it, cause I'd like to learn more about it and I'm sure a lot of people would.
    Agreed. I'll get something in the works shortly.

Psaletta is offline Member
    Day 1 on fast. 12 hr from wake @ 8am. Little rough since I run a kitchen for a living but doing well. My question is: I was running a 2000 cal cut diet prior to this. Do I hit that on my training days or up it due to fast? I get 2000 from my tdee @2389 so rounded 400 deflect

Originally Posted by krugerr
    keep in mind this diet is for cutting.. although i do intend to incorporate fasting into a lean bulk. the banned idiot had a plan to eat one meal per day and that was his plan. that is NOT my plan! when i break the fast (which is not everyday) i can eat as many meals as i like and my cals dictate..

I stopped eating tonight at 1030pm. 24hr fast starting!

I stopped eating tonight at 1030pm. 24hr fast starting!
    im fasting today as well tdogg. i had 2 cheats yesterday so i may fast until tomorrow night! thatd be interesting!

im fasting today as well tdogg. i had 2 cheats yesterday so i may fast until tomorrow night! thatd be interesting!

Its been 13hrs. Just did 60mins of cardio. 15%max incline and walking at 3.3 mph. 650cals burned it said.

When I started this last week, I made it a point to not stick to my diet just to see what/how the results would be. More then pleased. getting leaner and staying at the same strenght levels. Now next week my diet goes back in place, should be good.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    When Yall are fasting are Yall lifting weights or just cardio? I stop eating around 11 pm wake up at 9 gym at 10. I eat around 1230ish 1. So from 11 pm to 1 the next day. Would that be fasting??? I work second.

Just cardio.

Training in a fasted state isn't frowned upon eirher, have some bcaas prior to training and during training and you will be golden.
    I just trained legs fasted for 16 hours and I can honestly say it was one of my best work outs I can remember. Focus, energy .. Everything was there.

i only fast on non training days.

You ever tried training while fasted and then do cardio after?

Nope. Im only fasting 2-3 times a week with 45-60mins of cardio. The other days I lift and do 30-45mins of cardio.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i only fast on non training days.
    Definitely recommend on training days to feed the muscles.

lean gains boasts the ability to train and even train well fasted. with the style fasting i do (alternate day fasting) there is no need.

the basis for my fasting method is rooted in splitting training days and non training days into their own style diet geared towards taking advantage of what each type day has to offer.. training is most beneficial when fueled with carbs. carbs are best utilized and really only necessary prior to training. non training days offer the best opportunity to reduce cals significantly, increase cardio, and burn fat.. fasting just makes sense on these days for many reasons.
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 02-03-2013 at 09:13 AM.

training is most beneficial when fueled with carbs. carbs are best utilized and really only necessary prior to training.
    I've got to disagree with you here 405... this is a blanket statement that doesn't apply to everybody. At best, I'd say for some training is optimized when fueled by carbs, but for others carbs can actually be detrimental to a workout, causing one to feel sluggish, heavy, bloated, etc. It has been proven indisputably that there are *many* benefits, hormonal in particular, to training in a fasted state. By the same token, IF and/or training fasted isn't for everyone. We're individuals...

I think Leangains et al. have done more than boast results... they've proven it.

I also disagree with the notion that carbs are only necessary prior to training. When adding muscle is the focus of a diet regimen, it's a good idea to have insulin in circulation all throughout the day. Eating carbs only prior to training will have insulin levels blunted for a good part of the day... not optimal for somebody wanting to maintain an anabolic state. IMO, the practice is best left for those who are on a strict cutting regimen.

^^ while i agree with wat ur saying GB i think u misunderstood wat i was attempting to communicate in my post. All the info i gave was specific to the logic behind MY diet and only my diet. It was not intended to be a blanket statement and maybe u interpreted it as such based on the format of the post. That would be my fault due to poor paragraph construction.

I revised the format of the post but changed NONE of the wording. See if u get wat im trying to say and if it reads differently to u now.

I do not believe in blanket statements! Cmon man

^^ while i agree with wat ur saying GB i think u misunderstood wat i was attempting to communicate in my post. All the info i gave was specific to the logic behind MY diet and only my diet. It was not intended to be a blanket statement and maybe u interpreted it as such based on the format of the post. That would be my fault due to poor paragraph construction.

I revised the format of the post but changed NONE of the wording. See if u get wat im trying to say and if it reads differently to u now.

I do not believe in blanket statements! Cmon man
    Makes perfect sense now... thanks for clearing that up! You've done me and many newbs a favor!

I figure if you drink a rockstar before working out you become a rockstar. Screw carbs, fats, and protein. Actually screw calories also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information