Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Little help with my eating

Been weight training for many years, and only recently really wanted to start looking at my diet 100%.
    This is a sample of what I've eaten today, and would like feedback based on what I've got so far. I guess I should say I'm looking to cut down and get to 8-9% BF, currently about 15%. Im 5"10 and 195LB.
    This is just a sample I put together of what I ate today in hopes I am on the right track. I punched a few numbers for my daily calorie needs and got a figure of 2800, so I shot for 2400 calories for the day.

1 scoop whey - 150 cal , 35 prot

1 cup oats - 360 cal 12 prot 60 carb 6 fat
    1 cup egg whites - 120 cal 28 prot
    1 tsp olive oil - 40 cal 4 fat
    1 tbsp. almond butter - 100 cal , 3 prot 3 carb 8 fat

245g broccoli - 86 cal 6 prot 17 carb
    84g chicken breast - 139 cal 26 prot 3 fat
    1tsp omega oil - 40 cal 5 fat
    3/4 cup quinoa - 167 cal 6 prot 30 carb 3 fat

2 slice bread - 200 cal 10 prot 32 carb 2 fat
    1 cup cottage cheese - 200 cal 28 prot 10 carb 5 fat

1 cup quinoa - 200 cal 8 prot 40 carb 4 fat
    1 can tuna - 120 cal 30 prot
    1 tsp omega oil - 40 cal 5 fat

Spinach salad with tomato/cucumber(didn't count these macros they were minimal)
    1/2 avocado - 128 cal 2 prot 7 carb 12 fat
    1 cup lean ground beef - 250 cal 38 prot 10 fat

Total cal - 2403
    Prot - 240
    Carb - 233
    Fat- 72
    I was shooting for a 40/40/20 Split but I was off I think, fat was to low, meaning what exactly? Drop the carbs/prot and increase fat a bit?
    This is where I get confused, I know the 40 40 20 split is a guide line, but following it 100% seems a lil tough. Basically I can eat anything, buy anything to eat, and eat anything whenever. I sit at home and study all day because I am off work and going back to school , so I eat sleep and train essentially. Been eating around 2400 cals past few weeks and already noticing results. Would dropping cals any further help at all.I guess I should also mention I am running 75mg tren ace and 125mg test e eod.

Any advice is appreciated,
    Also, I do a lot of reading on the boards here, not so much posting, if anyone wants to post any negativity direct it somewhere else, its not needed here.
    Cheers

Nobody has any 2 cents to chip in here or what

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    There are still questions without answers from you in another thread of yours!

Cycle history?

Age?

And how have you gone from 10% to 15% in 2 weeks. Do you know what it is really? Please post a pic so we can estimate properly for you and direct you accordingly!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

26, first cycle.

I don't think I said I went from 10-15% cause that's going the wrong way. I'm around 15% now, would like to be down around 10 or lower if possible.
    Will post a pic when I get home, never posted one, how do you go about it?

Also I forgot about that other thread... How can I find it?

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.UQaZT78gGc0

You said you were 10% in that thread.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Well after Re evaluating what 10% actually looks like I was way off haha. I've been down there before, must of been living in the past. Up around 15-16% I would imagine, due to working in camp last two years of my life and training kind of went by the way side... The things we do for money, it sucks.
    Anyways out of camp now and looking to take training back as a high priority I just need to get a lil tweaking in the eating department.
    I'll post pics when I get in from the gym, doing some am cardio

So, how long have you been lifting for consistently?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

And when did your cycle start?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Lifting on and off for 8 years, but I've been through phases where lifting isn't a priority at the time and seems to get swept under the rug. I work as a carpenter and lived in camp for last couple years so that's when I really started to notice that I was getting outta shape due to poor food and just long work days and not enough training, trying to get back into the swing of things though and really pay attention to thing I never used to, ie food consistency. I don't like to use the word diet cause I think diets are a joke and you should just eat clean year round. As for the cycle today is day 21, started exactly 3 weeks ago. I'm not doing a cycle to try and get huge, that's not my thing. A few extra pounds of muscle would be great, and getting lean. I am going back to school to train to be a fire fighter so becoming hulking mass that can't whipe my own arse is not for me.
    I uploaded a pic but apparently I can't post a link in here cause I have less than 25 posts? How else can I get the pic to ya
    Since the start of the cycle I've been eating clean everyday, one cheat meal a week, and already getting noticeable results. Honestly 3 weeks ago I didn't realize how far I let myself go hah it sucked until I look at pictures of me from a few years ago, shit creeps up fast. Anything you can recommend to help speed things along ? Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So how long consistently training? A year? 6 months? 3 weeks?

Get your post count up in the lounge and then you'll be ok to post pics?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Define consistant? Last 3 weeks have been consistant..Ive had spurts of two years of being consistant..Training 5 days a week eating good and being active..Thats when I was probably in my best shape..Ive had times where I didn't train hard for 4-6 months because of work and just bad habits, ie smoking and drinking and just being a loser. Ive probably never gone two weeks in the past 8 years though without touching some weights. Does that mean I was training properly and to full potential? Probably not..Went through a phase where I tore my rotator cuff so was out of the gym for months..also I did my acl playing hockey so was out for another extended period there..These aren't excuses, just reality.
    Pretty focused as of lately though, new year new goals right, so its pretty much full steam ahead from here on out.

One of the worst things for my body was living in camp, just the atmosphere, the food, the life style...wasn't a great experience other than good cash. Was mentally and physically draining, and I'm glad I wont be going back to it.

Consistent, 4-5 times per week with heavy weights and good intensity. If that's only been since you started your cycle then your asking for trouble with your ligaments and tendons that are unlikely to be able to cope with the strength gains that your muscle has.

It sounds like you had time to do do a cycle so started training hard again and started dieting accordingly. Rather than spend a year of consistently hard training with a consistently good diet.

Am I right or wrong?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Well no, I've been training solid for past year while in camp,..I still went to the gym 4-6 days a week while working in camp. There was just no consistency with eating, and the intensity wasn't always there in the gym after a long day at work.

Ok, that's what I needed to hear.

Your maintenance cals are, in theory, approximately 2500. You will see results eating at that level, if it is a correct figure. 40/40/20 split to give you enough carbs to be building some LBM although not a lot as cutting seems to be your main aim.

So that would be 250g of carbs and pro and 55g of fat. If you need to lower or raise anything, make it carbs.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

And eat some damned veggies!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I eat veg I just forgot to include them in that list.
    That being said, since I am looking to cut down , 2400 cals is probably a lil high correct? Or you think I should stick to 2400 for a week and see what happens in regards of bf and weight. I know its hard to do , build lbm and lose body fat, what are the odds of that happening while taking tren ?

Also I was curious about something, in respect to carbs from different sources, ie oats or vegetables. When you count your macros for carbs, is a carb a carb? Either from a piece of a broccoli or a bowl of oatmeal?

Losing fat and gaining muscle is tough. It is best to choose one or the other but I think it's almost a waste running AAS for a simple cut(to 10%) and that its best to cut drug free and then lean bulk. Bear in mind you should be off cycle for as long as you were on plus PCT. so a bulking cycle is unlikely for a number of months.

Calories for veggies you don't really have to count. Unless you are eating a more sugar laden type of veggie (peas, carrots etc.)

Anyhow, 2400 cals is a good start point in view if the compounds you are running. You can adjust from there. Of course, you can always do an aggressive 4 week, cut carbs to 100g and fat to 45g and then do a lean bulk after that til the end of your cycle.

Are you doing cardio?

Are you running HCG and/or an AI?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

I am doing cardio 45 min 5-6 days a week every morning before breakfast. Training later in the afternoon. I am thinking of incorporating cardio into the evening also. I like the stepper for cardio, I do interval training on it, go hard for 30 then easy for 30. Or I will do tabida on the treadmill which really gets the HR up there.
    I have HCG and Nolvadex for post cycle. Not running an AI at the moment, friend of mine said not to bother, I've read different opinions on it and just decided not to.
    Is there any added benefit to two cardio sessions a day or should I just stick to the AM cardio, or do cardio after weights when glycogen is depleted.

Could I hit 10% in 4 weeks on what you mentioned above provided the right training/eating? I probably should have waited to do a cycle till I was below 10% but hind sight is 20/20, going to make the best of it from here on out.

You should run HCG through your cycle and an AI. PCT plan?

10% is a tough ask, I can't really tell your BF from that one pic tbh. But a 4 week cut with morning fasted cardio at about 2000 cals will show some real weight loss in 4 weeks. Post workout cardio is up to you. Depends how much time and energy you have. 20-30 mins at a low-medium steady state would work.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Starting 1 week after last shot running nolva 40mg ed for 2 weeks then 20 mg for 2 weeks. Running HCG 500iu eod until my 5000 iu are gone..so 20 days.

100g carbs 45 fat, rest made up by protein obviously ? Would you count any vegetables toward those 2000 cal for the day ? Going run with this and see how it goes, focus the carbs before and after training.

If you are running test e your PCT starts 2 weeks after last shot. Do you have/can you get clomid too?

Second paragraph answer is yes, approx 250-260g protein.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Don't count your veggies, just eat them.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Pardon me two weeks, that's right.
    Is clomid that necessary if I am running nolva? Seems like everyones opinion differs on that

What's your opinion on cheat meals and or cheat days. I've read numerous times your metabolism slows down eventually when you are in a caloric deficit so to pump up the calories one day a week to get the metabolism going, you ever go that route? Or just eat clean 24/7 and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cj111
    Pardon me two weeks, that's right.
    Is clomid that necessary if I am running nolva? Seems like everyones opinion differs on that
    They are both recommended by most folk on this site.

As for cheat meals I have one a week. To satisfy the concerns of my other half that I have an eating disorder! If I didn't do that and was on a plan like your I'd pick 1 day every 14 where I up my carbs to 250g-399g for that day. Fats could increase a little but ideally not. If your only cutting for 4 weeks you could do without a cheat for that long I'm sure.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Cool well I'm on my way then, thanks for the input. Ill keep ya updated

Cool well I'm on my way then, thanks for the input. Ill keep ya updated
    You'd better
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Hey Stem, if I was going to adjust either my carbs or fats, which one should I raise? As it stands now with the 100 carb/45fat it works out to 300 gram protein, I just think that's a lil high, and a lil expensive. I mean is 300 grams of protein really necessary? Seems like overkill

It's entirely up to you. Carbs are protein sparing and the same cals as each other. But the higher the carbs there's every possibility you fat loss won't be as swift. You need to find a macro split that works for you. Some go for 60/60/20 which is even more protein!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Would it be bad to increase fat? Even if they are coming from good sourses like almonds avocados and fish
    Some go for 60/60/20 which is even more protein!
    Was that supposed to be 20/20?

Would it be bad to increase fat? Even if they are coming from good sourses like almonds avocados and fish
    Was that supposed to be 20/20?
    It's still an increase in fat and most people generally dial in at about 15-20%. As I said, you'll have to work out what split is best for you.

20/20, good spot, just testing
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Hey stem, not sure if you're going to notice this or not but just a lil update where I'm at.
    http://postimage.org/image/3orjgwot7/
    What bf you figure I'm at now? 12%? Iv'e never been lean my whole life really, not in the cards and not in my build. I swear I should just cut the love handles off with a steak knife! I think I've leaned out since last pic, what do ya think ?
    Thanks

What is it with you boys with numbers in your names not wearing pants for pictures?

Definitely leaner mate. Happy with progress?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Pants are over rated, if I'm at home I'm naked.
    Oh ya definitely happy, things are going swimmingly. As far as BF goes though what you figure ? Still walk around at 195lb which was my weight at the start of my cycle so can't complain with that either.

Tough to say without seeing back or legs but maybe 12%. I suspect you've lost a bit of water from the right places too.

I prescribe More of the same but you may be able to stop this mini cut in another 10 days or less and start the lean bulk.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ya I was thinking the same save the last 2 weeks of my cycle and try and add a lb or 2. I'll keep ya posted though.. when I decide to make that change, and maybe we can go over what I'm eating again.
    Hard to imagine losing water when I drink 5+ litres a day, I'll see if I can get a few more pics later today also, and I'll try and find some pants to wear

Your water loss isn't determined by your intake but by your diet. If its been cleaned up, particularly less carbs and less sodium, you will hold less.

When you are ready to up cals, let me know, I think we'll be looking at raising carbs up, maybe by 100g or more
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information