thehaas10 is offline New Member

Would like a review of My current diet and any advice on cutting!

Hello all I'd like to start off by giving my stats and then follow into what i need help with:

6'3''
    17.4% BF
    27 Years Old

I have been lifting for 12 consecutive years now. Body Building extensivly for the past year and power lifting for 4 years prior to that. Anything before that was a learing experience.

Currently on MWF SA SU i am doing cardio on the gazelle on fat burner cycle for 28 minutes. According to the machine i typically burnn 350-450 calories. I weight lift M-Sa in the evenings. I do cardio around 11.

My Diet is as follows:

5am- 1 scoop gold standard whey protien mix with water
    9am- 1 cup low fat nordica cottage cheese with sliced peaches or cantelope
    11am cardio and sauna
    1pm- 4 hard boiled egg whites, 1 cup homemade tuna fish salad, ( the recipie is for about 6 servings,consisting of three large jars of tuna in water, 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, 1/2 cup of peanuts, 2 cups of green seedless grapes, 3 stalks of celeray and 2 table spoons of miracle whip light) At this time I also drink my BCAA's and eat another cup of nordica cottage cheese.
    430- drink preworkout Assault
    5PM- Gym ( which ever muscle group it is for the day.) Mondays legs Tues Chest Wed shoulders Thurs back Friday Bi Tri and forarms. I do abs and calves just about everytime i do cardio. I do a 5x5 routine for the big three to include deadlift on back day, flat bench 5x5 everyother week I switch with decline, and on legs day i do 5x5 of squats.
    7pm Dinner to consist of one of the following, 2 tilapia fillets, 6-8 oz boneless skinless chicken, or Salmon fillet, and house salad with light italian and romaine lettuce sometimes i add feta, I will eat a steamables vegatable, usually split the bag with my wife and 1 cup prepared brown rice.

This is my diet to a tee everysingle day. The only thing i sometimes add will be a sugar free popsicle after dinner, somtimes will eat a fiber one bar, sometimes will eat a nature valley oats and honey gronola bar. I drink alc very rarley, I dont drink anything other than water, unless its whey or BCAA's or sugar free blueberry, cran grape, or cran lemonade. Once again sugar free.

I have been doing this diet for 2 months now solid. I throw in one cheat day a week in which i do not count calories on one meal and just eat what i want.

When i started i weighed 260 and was aprox 20% BF. I had a 42 1/2 waist. I am at 17.4% bf now and 40 1/8 inches. I feel like i am not making progress as i would like. I am not on anything currently. The only things i take are stated above.

I am getting ready to start a cycle of the following:
    W1-W15 Test E 500mg on M and Thur
    W1-W15 EQ @ 500mg on M and Thur
    W1-W7 D bol @ 50mg ED split 2 doses.

PCT Tamox Cit-
    W1 40mg ED
    W2 40mg ED
    W3 20mg ED
    W4 20mg ED

Week off.

Test E Week1-8 @ 250 mg 2times a week
    Tren - Week 1-8 EOD @ 100mg

I will obviously adjust my diet and increase it greatly once i start cycle.

My question is what should I be doing to decrease my body fat right now in addition to what i am doing already so i can be more lean going into this next cycle?

If you need any more information just let me know. And once again thanks for reading and giving the advice.

*bump
    Last edited by thehaas10; 01-30-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Bump

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It would help if u had a calorie and macro breakdown for your meals

-TroN-

Okay bro. Let me go calc that and ill post it.

Ok, then we can talk about your diet. As for the other discrepancies, like ur pct, that's best served over in the steroid q&a

-TroN-

Agreed, not really looking for any advice or anything on that becuase i am not ready to start that until i lower my BF to about 13-15%....

Quote Originally Posted by thehaas10
    Agreed, not really looking for any advice or anything on that becuase i am not ready to start that until i lower my BF to about 13-15%....
    Very wise

-TroN-

I use my fitness pal according to that today i had 44 grams of fat 150 carbs 301 gr protein and 2085 calories.

Ok so ur running a 50/30/20 split, and about 1000 under ur tdee. Theoretically that should b about 2 pounds a week, but you've lost 10 pounds in 2 months, so ur averaging a lil over a pound a week, WITHOUT your cheat meal. I have to ask, what's ur cheat meal consist of? Cuz if its a whole meat lovers pizza, that will eat ur deficit up REAL quick

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    Ok so ur running a 50/30/20 split, and about 1000 under ur tdee. Theoretically that should b about 2 pounds a week, but you've lost 10 pounds in 2 months, so ur averaging a lil over a pound a week, WITHOUT your cheat meal. I have to ask, what's ur cheat meal consist of? Cuz if its a whole meat lovers pizza, that will eat ur deficit up REAL quick

-TroN-
    HAHAHAHA LMAO.....its different every week. Lets see this week on sunday i made homemade beef stew and ate probably 5 servings of cheese nips with probably a small block of pepper jack cheese.

Last week it was a subway foot long with double chicken in buffalo sauce.

Week before that was red lobster....

also i am going to go there. I know that it differs from body style to body style but what would you say is a safe amount of protien to injest in one sitting, and by safe i mean an amount that is not going to go to the toilet.....

Watch those cheat meals, make sure they aren't erasing all of your hard work. That subway u ate was probably close to half of ur daily caloric needs. Probably adds 500 cals to ur weekly progress. Personally, I'm not a fan of cheat meals. Too easily to get out of hand and eat 3k of trash.

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by thehaas10
    also i am going to go there. I know that it differs from body style to body style but what would you say is a safe amount of protien to injest in one sitting, and by safe i mean an amount that is not going to go to the toilet.....
    As far as protein, between 1.5-2g per pound of lean body mass a day. As far as how much can b assimilated in one sitting, good question...highly debated topic. So I can't really answer that question. It's best to just spread your protein out evenly between all your meals.

-TroN-

One thing I did see that I'd stay away from is ur choice of carbs, stay away from the fruits as they have sugar in them. Sugar causes spikes in insulin , u wanna keep ur insulin as dormant as possible. Insulin pushes things like glucose into ur muscles for insulin, if they're full, long story short, it stores it as fat. You want slow burning carbs like brown rice, quinoa, etc...

-TroN-

Thread Information