Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ellis7 is offline Junior Member

Lean Bulk Diet- 405 and SteM get in here.

Okay so my weight is 170. I am a slight ecto, i can eat and eat and not put on a lot of fat. After calculating my maintenance calories and then took into my daily activity level walking around campus workouts. I get 3000 calories needed to maintain. So my goal is 3300 calories.

75g Fat
    260g Protein
    400g Carbs

Sample Diet
    Meal 1: Shake( 1 cup milk, 1 cup pasteurized egg whites ,24g whey protein, 1 banana, 2/3 cup oats)
    Meal 2: Subway Foot Long Club (Beef, turkey, ham) spinach, black olives, onion, light mayo, oil and vinegar, sweet onion sauce with Green Tea and whole grain chips
    Meal 3: Post workout 2 scoops whey
    Meal 4: Some lean meat with veggies maybe some pasta if behind on carbs
    Meal 5: Cottage Cheese

I need to calculate the amounts that would be of each. I am going to college and get three free meal plans a day. That is why I get subway, but I can go to a buffet. "some lean meat" is because me and my buddies after gym go to a cafeteria style place on campus that accepts meal plans. They have something different each day, but always have a healthy choice of fish, beef, chicken. THe cafateria has a saled bar baked potatoes and sweet potatoes, steamed veggies, cottage cheese bananas, milk, pasta with grilled chicken slices. and then all your fried stuff like hamburgers, fries. I can make a breakfast shake and go to a buffet style cafeteria 3 times a day if that helps. and then I can prepare anything else that is needed. But I get those meals and I would like to use them if at all possible.

Just tell me what I gotta do

Supplements:
    Whey Protein
    Extend BCAA's
    C4:Extreme
    Animal Pak
    Fish Oil
    Vitamin D
    Zinc
    Green Tea
    Melatonin
    Last edited by ellis7; 01-26-2013 at 02:51 PM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    when u say u get 3000cals to maintain what do u mean exactly? thru trial and error u have established that 3000 cals is indeed ur maintenance?? how do u know this?

basketballfan22 is offline Senior Member
    I suggest you download an app for your phone that calculates the calories and caloric breakdown for you. Personally I find the MyFitnessPal app to be great. It keeps track of a lot of nutritional information, not just your macros. You can adjust your profile and set your targeted daily goal of 3300 calories along with your macros.

Also each item you listed varies greatly depending on the type and brand. Do you drink nonfat milk? What type of whey protein do you take exactly? How much cottage cheese? Like I just mentioned, with an app for your phone, you can scan barcodes and adjust the amount that you consumed. It will add up all the nutritional information for you.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22 View Post
    I suggest you download an app for your phone that calculates the calories and caloric breakdown for you. Personally I find the MyFitnessPal app to be great. It keeps track of a lot of nutritional information, not just your macros. You can adjust your profile and set your targeted daily goal of 3300 calories along with your macros.
    Already do this bro! It's a great tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ellis7 View Post
    Already do this bro! It's a great tool.
    Then why do you need help calculating the nutritional information?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    when u say u get 3000cals to maintain what do u mean exactly? thru trial and error u have established that 3000 cals is indeed ur maintenance?? how do u know this?
    Online maintenance calc.
    Male
    6'1"

Exercise 5 days a week and walk 1-2 miles a day around campus for food and classes.

Should I go all non fat for milk and cottage cheese???

My diet is what I need help with not the amount.

Here is a great read to start with.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.UQRGTaWi1N0

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    What's your bf%?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Personally I have a very fast metabolism, and I am trying to put on lean muscle mass. I am shooting for around 3400 calories per day with a 40%:25%:35% caloric breakdown of carbohydrates to fat to protein ratio. I definitely recommend nonfat milk because it has no saturated fat which you should be acquiring more than enough from meat. The best types of fat you should be consuming are monounsaturated fats (e.g. olive oil, almonds, avocado, etc.). You want to make sure your carbohydrates come from healthy sources like vegetables, whole grains, and good starches (e.g. sweet potatoes). This is where milk becomes an issue because it is high in sugar which you should primarily avoid. The only time simple sugar is good for you is immediately after a workout. However, my body can handle the milk I consume (around 3 cups per day). Cottage cheese is great and so is nonfat Greek yogurt. The main source of protein should be coming from meat, fish, and eggs as their amino acid profile is larger and is better used to build muscle.
    Last edited by basketballfan22; 01-26-2013 at 03:21 PM.

I checked my bf using the little hand held machine at the gym today and it said 7% but I think it is more 12-13%.

Oh God! Don't use one of those machines. They are useless. If you have access and money to get an iDXA scan or a BOD POD test, then use one of those. Otherwise as SteM suggested to me once, if you can get someone who knows what they are doing, you can get a 9-point body caliper test done.

Attachment 132561

Here is my class schedule.. So it will let you give me an idea on when I can eat my meals.

Can you post a pic for bodyfat estimate. Huge difference between 7% and 13%.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Here you go sir.

Attachment 132596

Quote Originally Posted by ellis7 View Post
    Here you go sir.

Attachment 132596
    12% is pretty good guess. could be +- but IMO 12% would be in the ballpark.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    I would say 11% but as 405 said +-

Good base to start with!

12% agreed.

That would give you a theoretical maintenance cals of approx 2500cals.

Post your diet with amounts and macro's when ready.

Personally I don't think you are ready to cycle but that's your call. If be wanting another 15-20 lbs if I was you.

Post your diet with amounts and macro's when ready.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Okay I am working on it.. A question though... I want my first meal to be a blended shake.i don't have assess to a good kitchen and the breakfast dinners don't open till 8 (greasy foods btw). Give me some ingredients you guys would like to see in the shake. I have class during the day so I don't usually workout till around 5:30 -6:30. Idk if that would help in telling the kinds of foods I need in the early morning around 7:30 is what time I am planning to have this first meal.

My past shake ingredients were 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of egg white, scoop chocolate flavor whey protein, 2/3 cup of oats, and a banana.

My morning shake 60g of carbs and 50g protein and 8g fat. I also take 3G fish oil with this

Oats
    Cottage Cheese
    Protein powder
    Sprinkle of stevia

Blend in a blender!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

i prefer solid food and do not drink shakes. i like to be full!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    i prefer solid food and do not drink shakes. i like to be full!
    Some of us don't always have a choice! Besides 500 cals from oats and cottage cheese is a fairly hefty shake!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Yeah I have to have a shake first meal... Before I start crunching numbers for the exact amount of each food. Do you guys agree that I need 3300 cals basked on me being male 170lbs, 6'1", high metabolism, workout 5 days a week a walk 1-2 miles a day.

From those cals 75g fat 260g protein and 390g carbs??

170lb 12%bf

170 x .88 = 149.6(lbs LBM)

149.6 x 15 = 2244cals (rough maintenance)

if u have a fast metabolism i dont know how to gauge that. could be worth several hundred cals per day i suppose. this would put u to 2650-2700 (400-450cals more) then 3300 would give u 600cal surplus give or take..

cant say with much degree of accuracy. ur best bet is to just run something and make adjustments according to results. since ur on cycle and tren to boot i say go for it and keep a close eye on ur bf%. be prepared to reduce cals

my .02

Okay so lets just say 3000 sound good?? That way I am not being stupid. What percentages go you guys suggest based on everything you know I'm taking?

1.5*lbm or total bw?
    40:40:20?? Or something of the likes

i prefer macro splits instead of grams per pound LBM

40/40/20 or 40/45/15 are both good IMO..

another thing u could do is reduce carbs on non training days to keep the gains leaner. personally i am of the mindset of nutrient timing and eating according to activity to maintain a leaner physique.

i prefer macro splits instead of grams per pound LBM

40/40/20 or 40/45/15 are both good IMO..

another thing u could do is reduce carbs on non training days to keep the gains leaner. personally i am of the mindset of nutrient timing and eating according to activity to maintain a leaner physique.
    What is micro splits?

If you had to pick

I had planned on reducing the carbs on non training days. How much do you think though?

I like nutrient timing idea as well. Carbs early in day and before workout and quick carbs immediately workout. Minimal carbs the rest the night. But I have been told dextrose is a no no.

Oh I bet micro splits is what we just talked about with the 40:40:20 which do you think is better for my case. More or less fat.

Quote Originally Posted by ellis7
    Oh I bet micro splits is what we just talked about with the 40:40:20 which do you think is better for my case. More or less fat.
    More carbs with a fast metabolism. I'd disagree slightly with 405 in terms of protein required. At your weight and LBM you really don't need more than 250g. Carbs are your friend when bulking and you should utilise them.

350g carbs
    250g pro
    65g fat

3000 cals!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

What's your guys opinions on carbs after workout?

Is dextrose a good or bad idea?

Okay went to the grocery and also got a scale so everything is ready. What do you guys think?

Meal 1: 7:30am
    Stats of meal(SOM) 64.5g C-55g P- 9.4g F
    Shake: (Cottage Cheese 3/4 cup, Whey protein 1 scoop, Oats 1 cup, Packet of stevia)
    Fish Oil- 3g

Meal 2: 11:00am
    SOM-64.4g- C-50.3 P- 7.5g
    Grilled Chicken 7oz
    Sweet Potato 300g
    Fish oil- 3g

Meal 3: 1:45pm
    SOM: 102g C- 54g P-10g F
    Pasta 6oz
    Tomato sauce 128g
    grilled chicken 6oz

snack: 3:30pm
    SOM-6g C-6g P- 14g F
    almonds 1 serving( 28 almonds)

Pre workout: 5:30pm
    C4: Extreme/ Extend Intra-workout

Post workout: 7:00pm
    SOM: 8gC- 48g P- 4gF
    2 Scoops optimum whey

Meal 5: 8:00pm
    SOM: 60g C-50g P -8g F
    Lean Meat: either beef, fish, or chicken. 7oz
    Steamed Veggies: either green beans, Brussel sprouts

• The reason I am not that descriptive here is because the cafeteria has a different healthy option each day. I will have a scale and myfitness pal app to make sure I hit the meal stats. Man, I going to look dumb as **** with a scale in a cafeteria. :P

Meal 6: Before bed 10:30pm
    SOM: 14g C-20g P- 0g F
    Cottage Cheese 8oz

Daily Total: 318.9g C-283.3g P- 45.9g F = 2821.9 calories... Good start and we can increase as needed
    Last edited by ellis7; 01-27-2013 at 11:31 PM.

No dextrose, no. But carbs post workout yes, but not within 30 minutes of workout ending. And carbs pre workout, you don't have any. Don't rely on your chemical pre workout formula when real food should be good enough the majority of the time!

I'd drop your protein by 49g and up your fats by 20g.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    No dextrose, no. But carbs post workout yes, but not within 30 minutes of workout ending. And carbs pre workout, you don't have any. Don't rely on your chemical pre workout formula when real food should be good enough the majority of the time!

I'd drop your protein by 49g and up your fats by 20g.
    WHAT?!? Son of a bitch! I thought dextrose or maltose were great immediately after a workout because of the insulin spike which helps supply the protein faster to the muscles? Do some bodybuilders not eat gummy bears after a workout because of the simple sugars which are analogous to dextrose? Also why should one wait 30 minutes?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Diet aside...judging from the pic, Stem is 110% correct. You are not ready to cycle steroids based on that pic. You need to eat and lift HEAVIER. Be mad if you like but that isn't much of a base yet to be prepared for rapid muscle growth!

By the way...not judjing but is that Hello Kitty on the shelf and a pink Lufa in the bag on the floor????

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    By the way...not judjing but is that Hello Kitty on the shelf and a pink Lufa in the bag on the floor????
    Eagle Eye Job LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan22

WHAT?!? Son of a bitch! I thought dextrose or maltose were great immediately after a workout because of the insulin spike which helps supply the protein faster to the muscles? Do some bodybuilders not eat gummy bears after a workout because of the simple sugars which are analogous to dextrose? Also why should one wait 30 minutes?
    Why would you want unstable blood sugar levels? There's no place for sugar like that it in the amounts 'recommended' ins healthy diet. 30 mins? You will blunt GH levels after your workout that peak at 30 minutes. I rarely eat anything within 30 minutes of a workout.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Eagle Eye Job LOL..
    What's he even doing over here? That's what, 3 times now this year?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Why would you want unstable blood sugar levels? There's no place for sugar like that it in the amounts 'recommended' ins healthy diet. 30 mins? You will blunt GH levels after your workout that peak at 30 minutes. I rarely eat anything within 30 minutes of a workout.
    Even whey protein?? Wow I have never heard this before. When should whey be taken and when should you have your next meal after workout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information