Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: cutting questions :)

CanadaStrong88 is offline Junior Member

cutting questions :)

Hey guys. Sorry for somewhat repeat topic but I really don't want to mess this up. Currently 20 yrs about 195lb I'm going to assume 16%bf.maybe 17. I am really making a push at a cut to perhaps 10 or 11%. My tdee is 3000, so I'm eating 2800 and doing 200cals worth of cardio every morning.
    macros are 65 fat 360 carb and 220protein(these are very close to actual numbers). I am very diligent in tracking all food.

I'm also taking ephedrine and caffeine, been training for about 2.5 years. I am 5ft11. Do you guys have any suggestions or input? Really need to lose this fat effectively. Also, thoughts on creatine? Thank you.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would personally look into carb cycling for cutting has worked great in pass for me.
    there is more than a few threads on here about it if you do search

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would also suggest not to cut for an extended period of time as at our age extended caloric deficits can be harmful to our growing bodies, most importantly the internal organs and testicles.

I just finished a 10 week cut, initially planned an 8 week but as many have said cutting will take longer than you expect. I wasn't as lean as i'd hoped but with the bigger picture in mind i accepted the facts and am back into a surplus.

I plan to cut for 6-8 weeks every time i get to 16-17% BF, which with my current plan should take a long time being in only a 250 surplus.

As for the creatine, 5g, every day, 365 days a year. No need to think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    I would also suggest not to cut for an extended period of time as at our age extended caloric deficits can be harmful to our growing bodies, most importantly the internal organs and testicles.

I just finished a 10 week cut, initially planned an 8 week but as many have said cutting will take longer than you expect. I wasn't as lean as i'd hoped but with the bigger picture in mind i accepted the facts and am back into a surplus.

I plan to cut for 6-8 weeks every time i get to 16-17% BF, which with my current plan should take a long time being in only a 250 surplus.

As for the creatine, 5g, every day, 365 days a year. No need to think twice.
    Awesome thank u. I'm planning on 12 weeks as that's how long I have for the ephedrine caffeine stack stocked. If I get to a decently lean enough state I'll likely reverse diet early. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by derekkpapa1 View Post
    I would personally look into carb cycling for cutting has worked great in pass for me.
    there is more than a few threads on here about it if you do search
    I actually found a good one and am definitely going to start carb cycling on Monday, just to keep it simple as I workout Monday to Saturday. So my understanding is 3 moderate carb days 3 little to no carb days and a refeed. When I'm on a low or no carb day, do I increase protein and fat or just eat way below tdee for that day?

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaStrong88
    I actually found a good one and am definitely going to start carb cycling on Monday, just to keep it simple as I workout Monday to Saturday. So my understanding is 3 moderate carb days 3 little to no carb days and a refeed. When I'm on a low or no carb day, do I increase protein and fat or just eat way below tdee for that day?
    That's pretty much the way you do the carb part of the diet although that can be modified even more but for a starting point Yes..... That's the idea. The protein and fat stay consistent every day however . As far as creatine on a cut.... I tend to hold water on it and don't care for it while cutting... Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    That's pretty much the way you do the carb part of the diet although that can be modified even more but for a starting point Yes..... That's the idea. The protein and fat stay consistent every day however . As far as creatine on a cut.... I tend to hold water on it and don't care for it while cutting... Your choice.
    OK I read gbrices thread and it was very helpful. I'm definitely going to see about the creatine, have been using it for awhile so maybe it makes me retain water and I don't even know. Lol.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaStrong88 View Post
    OK I read gbrices thread and it was very helpful. I'm definitely going to see about the creatine, have been using it for awhile so maybe it makes me retain water and I don't even know. Lol.
    I unintentionally stopped it for a while (about 2 weeks) and didn't notice any difference, must be a case by case thing. When i started it again there was a noticeable difference in some of my lifts. The short break definitely convinced me of it's effectiveness.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazima
    I unintentionally stopped it for a while (about 2 weeks) and didn't notice any difference, must be a case by case thing. When i started it again there was a noticeable difference in some of my lifts. The short break definitely convinced me of it's effectiveness.
    A lot of people like creatine and some claim they feel no difference at all. It is scientifically proven to work, I am not sure if your body can really absorb more then 5 grams a day........ Who knows! If you train natural creatine is def worthwhile. You could cut with creatine and if you have a hard time getting those last couple of pounds off or still look a bit puffy give it a break for a few weeks.
    Khazima likes this.

Thread Information