Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By --->>405<<---
  • 1 Post By zempey

Thread: How should I change nutrition? Dr. said High Creatine levels & slight Kidney Failiur

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

How should I change nutrition? Dr. said High Creatine levels & slight Kidney Failiur

I am 55yrs. young, 6ft, weight is 230lbs. & loosing fat and putting on lean weight every month . I am not obese & even down to my last 15lbs of fat to have some decent abs ?

To add FYI being big is not a goal my goal is bigger than average and lean with low body fat ! How can I acheive this and cut back on protein ? Does than mean start a caloric restricted nutrition plan ? ? ? ?

Target intake is 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs and even more zero carbs for fat burning ?

I am not taking creatine but I do ingest all the protein I can ? Dr. said stop protein supplements ? I find it hard to get 300 grams of protein a day without protein shakes ? If I cut Protein back to say 200 grams I will really have some tight meal planning to do ?

Recommendations please ?

I have been on TRT for 2+ years and feel great !

In all my BW Dr. said elevated PSA and Kidney infection which may be the reason for elevated PSA. Come back in 6 weeks and will do more test to check for Prostate cancer ?

Please offer knowledgable advise ? Also said possibly not take TRT ? But my life is like night and day with TRT ? ? ? ?

Where is there common ground in fat loose and quality life ? I do not want to chance Daylais sp. sorry ?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Unless you are 10% bodyfat then 300g is too much.

Stop basing your requirements on a % breakdown. 1.2-1.5g of protein per lb of lean body weight is where you need to be. So, if you are 20% then 220-270g is all you need.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Unless you are 10% bodyfat then 300g is too much.

Stop basing your requirements on a % breakdown. 1.2-1.5g of protein per lb of lean body weight is where you need to be. So, if you are 20% then 220-270g is all you need.
    Thanks for the rapid reply ! But I honestly do not think I am at 20% BF what is that formula for 3 x's ? divided by ? = BF% ? I am not disputing what you say I just want to be healthy and dialed in ? all my fat is in my lower belly and back + a small pouch right in the middle of my belly ? Doing an hour of cardio a day and lift 1.5 hours ? ? ? ?

I lost from 268lbs 2 years ago down to 219lbs and have slowly gained with good weight back up to 230lbs and even less if I do not eat enough ? ? ?

I slam eggs, egg whites , Greek yogart, protein shakes, chicken, tuna, and then try to get all the fats I can + complex and zero carbs ? ? ? ?

Thank you very much and please help me find an answer I want my kidnies to keep working and get the most from my gym time also ! ! !

Obviosly I am of the wrong impression ? I thought you could not get to much protein ?

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-23-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Some people tolerate higher protein diets better than others. Your kidney issues may have nothing to do with your protein intake but drop your protein as prescribed and see. You can make your cals up through carbs and/or fats and see what changes you make to your physique with the reduced amount.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Some people tolerate higher protein diets better than others. Your kidney issues may have nothing to do with your protein intake but drop your protein as prescribed and see. You can make your cals up through carbs and/or fats and see what changes you make to your physique with the reduced amount.
    So does that mean limit carbs even more I have worked so hard to cut carbs almost out of my diet except am, pre & post w/o ?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    high creatinine levels and elevated kidney function = ur eating too much protein (more than likely). have gotten labs back like that many times. like BIB said u really dont need as much protein as u might think.

use google man.

High Protein Diet & Creatinine | LIVESTRONG.COM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    high creatinine levels and elevated kidney function = ur eating too much protein (more than likely). have gotten labs back like that many times. like BIB said u really dont need as much protein as u might think.

use google man.

High Protein Diet & Creatinine | LIVESTRONG.COM
    Thanks man, a bunch ! I have just seen great gains and good fat lose ? So maybe I can just lower my protein and have even more fat loose ? I have heard to much protein will actually be converted into carbs ? Not sure if this is true as a fact or not but cutting back on protein for sure !

Thanks for the tag ! It is a very informative read ! I am still going to lower my food intake and protein shakes and that should do it and possible even see more fat loose?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEFORE & AFTER.jpg 
Views:	6818 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	154029 Me 268lbs down to 219lbs abot a year and a 1/2 ago . Now at 228lbs to 230lbs pic in avatar os 11-4-14
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-30-2014 at 02:46 PM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Thanks man a bunch ! I have just seen great gains and good fat loose ? So maybe i can just lower my protein and have evn more fat loose ? I have heard to much protei will actually be converted into carbs ? Not sure if this is true as a fact or not but cutting back on protein for sure !
    again google.. Gluconeogenesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

I tried to read that ? But to many big words that had no meaning to me ? Thanks for the info ! I will try to do more research in more common terms ? But I really do appericiate you offering the 411 !

Blog Entries
    bump
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 11-26-2014 at 05:47 AM.

Kazumz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Thanks man, a bunch ! I have just seen great gains and good fat lose ? So maybe I can just lower my protein and have even more fat loose ? I have heard to much protei will actually be converted into carbs ? Not sure if this is true as a fact or not but cutting back on protein for sure !

Thanks for the tag ! It is a very informative read ! I am still going to lower my food intake and protein shakes and that should do it and possible even see more fat loose?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEFORE & AFTER.jpg 
Views:	6818 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	154029 Me 268lbs down to 219lbs abot a year and a 1/2 ago . Now at 228lbs to 230lbs pic in avatar os 11-4-14
    Hell of a change mate. GG for your age you look fantastic. As they always say, age is just a number.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    You don't need to cut out carbs completely, you just need to find a healthy balance and get all your macros to add up to what you need. Eating a shit ton of protein and no carbs is just making your body work harder to use the protein for energy instead of for repairing and building muscle. Too many people over think this game, unless you are trying to look like a pro BB or be a pro athlete, just find a balance and stay consistent. Consistency and balance all around will net you the gains your body will allow while staying healthy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    You don't need to cut out carbs completely, you just need to find a healthy balance and get all your macros to add up to what you need. Eating a shit ton of protein and no carbs is just making your body work harder to use the protein for energy instead of for repairing and building muscle. Too many people over think this game, unless you are trying to look like a pro BB or be a pro athlete, just find a balance and stay consistent. Consistency and balance all around will net you the gains your body will allow while staying healthy.
    Seem to be gaining weight and muscle size and I have cut back on Supplemental protein shakes ? Eating more fresh fruit and veggies and sill no crap food and upped my water intake so pants still fit the same but actual belly is a little bigger so I must be putting fat on along with muscle ?

Blog Entries
    A little old but I am still not 100% clear on how to change my diet and get enough protein and noot to many carbs ? Fats are not an issue ! ? That I know of ? I am steadly loosing about 3 lbs of fat a mth ! Still gaining size every mth just TRT 80mg of Cypionate every 3.5 days and 50 mg of Deca weekly ! Every 4 mths I do a 10 week Tren blast and paqck on lean weight and loose fat . Keep Estrogen in check I have 5 yrs worth of pharmacy Astrozonal (Adex) I could get addicted to Tren

Thread Information