Bmwgirl11 is offline Female Member

Angry Plateaud After losing 20 lbs !!!! almost about to cry

In August, my husband was stationed in another state, so I took that departure to begin to focus back on my fitness. I had already had our third child and hadn't been seriously in the gym in a few years and my body went to caca. I have since lost 20 lbs, eating healthy and feeling great. I have noticed lately that my bf hasn't changed,,, just refuses to budge.
    I work out daily, 6 days a week. cardio daily 20min running, followed by using a bowflex daily. I have increased the resistance in the bowflex, raised my speed and incline in running.
    I am 5'5" was 165, now currently 145. body fat is lingering at 25%, mostly in my stomach and thighs. Now I know there is no spot reduction. I know that i lose fat evenly across the board and where there is more fat it will take more time to notice or lose the fat.
    An idea of what i eat daily is as follows:
    8am - whey protein shake, w/1 tbls peanut butter, 1/4 cup of oats, and 8oz soy milk, 1/2 banana
    11am - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 blueberries
    2pm - 1 cup brown rice, baked chicken breast
    5pm - baby carrots
    last meal is after I workout at about 9:30pm. Usually egg white omelette (or baked chicken breast ) with jalepeno's, onions, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and about 12 asparagus spears baked/brushed with olive oil
    I know I'm not a nutritionist and honestly can say I know my diet is probably far from perfect. But where am I going wrong. It's becoming so bad I started contemplating a tummy tuck. But I know that with time I will lose it. Someone please help
    Last edited by Bmwgirl11; 01-22-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: adding pictures

Attachment 132344Attachment 132345

these are the begining of my journey and up to two weeks ago. I know it doesn't happen over night, but I want to pass this rut

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartschild View Post
    In August, my husband was stationed in another state, so I took that departure to begin to focus back on my fitness. I had already had our third child and hadn't been seriously in the gym in a few years and my body went to caca. I have since lost 20 lbs, eating healthy and feeling great. I have noticed lately that my bf hasn't changed,,, just refuses to budge.
    I work out daily, 6 days a week. cardio daily 20min running, followed by using a bowflex daily. I have increased the resistance in the bowflex, raised my speed and incline in running.
    I am 5'5" was 165, now currently 145. body fat is lingering at 25%, mostly in my stomach and thighs. Now I know there is no spot reduction. I know that i lose fat evenly across the board and where there is more fat it will take more time to notice or lose the fat.
    An idea of what i eat daily is as follows:
    8am - whey protein shake, w/1 tbls peanut butter, 1/4 cup of oats, and 8oz soy milk, 1/2 banana
    11am - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 blueberries
    2pm - 1 cup brown rice, baked chicken breast
    5pm - baby carrots
    last meal is after I workout at about 9:30pm. Usually egg white omelette (or baked chicken breast ) with jalepeno's, onions, 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and about 12 asparagus spears baked/brushed with olive oil
    I know I'm not a nutritionist and honestly can say I know my diet is probably far from perfect. But where am I going wrong. It's becoming so bad I started contemplating a tummy tuck. But I know that with time I will lose it. Someone please help
    Have you watch Milos Sarcev's "Secrets of the pros" on nutrition yet?? It is in this forum in the nutrition section locked as an important must read...It is the third one down labeled "So you wanna learn how to diet?"....Watch all 6 parts to this video...Watch it so many times it becomes second nature to you until it makes perfect sense....This will help you direct you in the right direction...

Well, we have all been there, the Plateau...Whether it's muscle gain or losing weight...But as with all things in life, if it isn't working you have to change something or else...No change, No difference...

Secondly, don't give up because you can get the physique you want it just might need adjustments to diet and training....

As in the video with Milos will teach you is that our bodies like to be in homeostasis and it adjusts accordingly to fit our needs...Our bodies adjust to diet changes....For instance, let's say you normally eat 2,000 calories a day and then dropped down to 1,000 calories....As Milos will say, you WILL LOSE weight for sure, it's a fact...But eventually after awhile your body will slow down it's metabolism and adjust to this new 1,000 calorie diet....

This type of dieting will continue and body will follow....What you need to do is burn more calories...And two of the best ways to do this is through gain in lean muscle tissue and more cardio and not always just keep lowering caloric intake...Because sooner or later you will have to stop at a certain point...Well, because obviously you can't get down to 0 caloires or else you will die ha ha..

So the 3 main factors to your weight lose will be adjustment in your diet, training and cardio...For starts, I would incorporate more weight training (I know a lot of girls are afraid to build some muscle because they think they will look like bodybuilder). But again, as Milos will say building big strong muscles isn't that easy or else every guy in the gym would look like bodybuilder...Don't be afraid to train and build some MUSCLE...

Building muscle tissue will help you burn fat...

As for the diet, I would say an increase in protein and less fruit more complex carbs....

Also, if the amount of cardio you are doing is not burning enough calories then increase it....

This is kind of a little summary....I can and the other guys in the nutrition section can help adjust your diet for you....
    Last edited by calstate23; 01-22-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks so much. I truly appreciate it. Everyone here has been a lot of help.

I need all the help I can get. I live in a place where people look at you crazy when you want to eat right. Not surrounded by many support outlets. I mentioned once in another post that my eyes start glazing over trying to read into all the science behind food. So I welcome all insight

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwgirl11 View Post
    I need all the help I can get. I live in a place where people look at you crazy when you want to eat right. Not surrounded by many support outlets. I mentioned once in another post that my eyes start glazing over trying to read into all the science behind food. So I welcome all insight
    Yes watch the Milos Sarcev videos....For the most part everything he says is spot on....No biased or bull crap gargon, just facts....

I could only imagine trying to find stuff online or in magazines....They are filled with SO MANY LIES AND MISINFORMATION IT IS UNBELIEVABLE! And for the most part, that is because their hidden agenda is to sell you some diet plan or some crazy product that won't work...

Learn and live those videos he talks about nutrition....This will only open your eyes to truth...
    Last edited by calstate23; 01-22-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Awesome. Thanks calstate you're great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bmwgirl11 View Post
    Awesome. Thanks calstate you're great!!
    No prob...And also know he isn't only just talking about bodybuilders...He talks about basic human physiology which is important for EVERYONE to create a correct diet...In the later videos, he talks about women and their diet as well and what I touched on above about low calorie diets and such....Low calorie diet isn't EVERYTHING...

For your info he really starts getting into losing weight the last 5 minutes of video 4 and continues into video 5...Don't forget to watch all parts though!

It is about a balance between all...diet with SPECIFIC macros,training and cardio...
    Last edited by calstate23; 01-22-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Anyone check out the videos??

What you think??

Quote Originally Posted by calstate23
    Anyone check out the videos??

What you think??
    I did and I think they are awesome! They definitely helped a lot. Thanks so much I am great full for your insight

Thread Information