Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Agreed.

EB, did you read UD 2.0 yet, you may find it a better option than your IIFYM, CKD, IF plan.
    no i havent read that yet, will be starting today............though i have came across articles and parts of the UD 2.0,,,,,,,,,,what i get from it, is its very structured, so much so you havre to follow workouts etc...........well im trying to get a plan to fit my life, thats why im thinking on the lines of If/ckd......................but ill not know if i can apply the UD to me untill ive read it.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    UD2.0: as rigid as rigid can be. The plus side: exercise knowledge and the ability to coordinate it with ur diet effectively + ur dietary knowledge as well as awareness of ur body and its response to diet (especially carbs) will grow exponentially in a matter of a month!

Due to these things mentioned it is worth the commitment even if only for a month! It was by far the greatest learning tool i have encountered until just recently, but the placement of it in the learning process was perfect!

IMO it can be a crucial, game changing step in ur approach to diet.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    UD2.0: as rigid as rigid can be. The plus side: exercise knowledge and the ability to coordinate it with ur diet effectively + ur dietary knowledge as well as awareness of ur body and its response to diet (especially carbs) will grow exponentially in a matter of a month!

Due to these things mentioned it is worth the commitment even if only for a month! It was by far the greatest learning tool i have encountered until just recently, but the placement of it in the learning process was perfect!

IMO it can be a crucial, game changing step in ur approach to diet.
    sounds reeally good..........but i cant sacrifice my training, i train in mma etc but cant get enough due to college and work, thats why i have started weight lifyting again, to get a strong base and lean...........i also run and im training for 2 endurance type races for end of summer.....so 4 days only of weights just doesnt suit me...........i dont mind doing 4 days of weights aslong as i can get my other training in aswell............this is why im trying to find a hybrid that suits me.............

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Im sure u will figure it out..

Im sure u will figure it out..
    lol........i know its all over the place mate, has my head battered somedays!............

cheers 405...im sure with you and steM help ill be good.

just finished reading UD 2.........that was an excellent read (though still a bit over my head .).......i think i grasped most of the relevant information, im definately thinking of trying to use this!.......cheers 405!

Id still like to incorporate this with a lean gains type eating schedule though, would that be possible? SteM, 405....anybody?

also id def be bumping the starting day untill tuesdays so saturday would be main carb load day......also i would like to get an mma,muay thai, sparring sesh on a wednesday evening.....would that be ok to do?

cheers

Bump.....for 405 or steM....

Or anyone?

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Well, if you accept my thoughts. To me personally your approach is way too complex. Your goal is not competing on stage and get you BF to as low as 4-5 % but simply to get down to 10 and see your abs and look good.
    Sometimes reading and doing research si not more important than being consistent with your diiet.
    I`d like to ask you something, if you don`t mind. Have you tried a traditional diet plan with 4-5 meals a day for long enough without changing your mind, revealing and incorporating something new. Just firmly following the diet day for , lets say, 12 weeks or longer?

Cheers for the reply Alex....I am following a normal macro split right now,started begin Jan and staying on untill April....Its working fine,fatloss consistent.....I have joined the cutting competition and want to see my goals by end of June, you may think it to complicated but I think it sounds exactly what I need in the time i need it....after the 12 weeks ill go back to normal macro ratio....tho I won't be doing the 6 meals per day,just doesn't suit me,I will much prefer 2 or maybe 3.

Cheers again mate

Cheers for the reply Alex....I am following a normal macro split right now,started begin Jan and staying on untill April....Its working fine,fatloss consistent.....I have joined the cutting competition and want to see my goals by end of June, you may think it to complicated but I think it sounds exactly what I need in the time i need it....after the 12 weeks ill go back to normal macro ratio....tho I won't be doing the 6 meals per day,just doesn't suit me,I will much prefer 2 or maybe 3.

Cheers again mate

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    Guys watch this video BLog by Dr Layne Norton.. He just made this and it specifically talks about "CLEAN" eating vs IF it fits in your macros...

Great information and really explains how you just cant eat junk using that method.

http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/bi...s-your-macros/

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Already seen, by the way Layne is the best source of information to me. His advice is always balanced, avoiding extremes.
    Last edited by alex.mitev; 02-07-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady01 View Post
    Guys watch this video BLog by Dr Layne Norton.. He just made this and it specifically talks about "CLEAN" eating vs IF it fits in your macros...

Great information and really explains how you just cant eat junk using that method.

http://www.biolayne.com/nutrition/bi...s-your-macros/
    cheers for that slim.....very sensible way to go sbout it, this was my take from the start...........aint no way eating junk and hitting cals and macros is possible (well im sure some bright spark will argue other wise).........anyway, cheers for that.

interesting article! i tried to figure out when it was written and couldnt find any dates except the dates at the bottom for references, most of which were dated in the mid 1990's.

ultimate diet 2.0 which is a CKD written by lyle macdonald was published in 2003. in the book the notion of the position of the carb load in relation to the depletion workouts as well as the rest of the diet is in direct conflict with this article u published. lyle claims the depletion workout does best as full body (which he also endorses in UD2) positioned directly before the carb load in order to accomplish full glycogen compensation and/or supercompensation. in UD2 the carb load begins on the evening of day 4 (7 day cycle) and depletion workouts are done on days 1 and 2..

seems to me itd be important to figure out which one is the most recent. it almost looks like this article was written in 1998 but i am not positive of this.
    Hey 405.........after reading the UD 2 and now the ketogenic diet from lyle mcdonald, my opinion is that the UD 2 is not a CKD, its more of a carb cycling diet.........the UD 2 is the more current book from lyle mcdonald while the original article i put forward is basically from lyle mcdonalds ketogenic diet (from the CKD chapter)..........so basically two different approaches from the same guy.......more so than an update.

whats your thoughts mate?

cheers

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.mitev
    Already seen, by the way Layne is the best source of information to me. His advice is always balanced, avoiding extremes.
    Agreed and backs his info with science ,, no bro nonsense !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information