Thread: Slow Bulk / Cut

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

Slow Bulk / Cut

I need to get a litle leaned up. Yet I still want to gain or at least maintain all of the LBM I possibly posses. Body recomps sound a little far fetched, but now I believe they are possible. But, no BS the diet has to be dead nuts. If it's not, you will gain nothing and lose nothing.

Starting yesterday I began eating straight clean, again. The cals are about 300 bellow my TDEE. I am going by the 15xLBM=TDEE, measuring myself at 17-18%Bf. Possibly lower, my caliper shit thing says 14.5% the Gym Electrode POS says 19%.

Decided to stay on a low dosage of test(200mg a week) before I start my next cycle of Prop & Tren Ace.

I was going to run that cycle as a strict cutter, but fvck it I rather try to gain more LBM while trying out the Tren. So, I didn't want to be at a cal deficit while on.

After the Tren run, it's PCT for sure.

Current weight: 216.5 x .17 = 180(rounded to the nearest whole pound) - 180 x 15 = 2,700 cals flat for TDEE.

Numbers I am shooting for daily - Cals@2,300-2,400 - Carbs,under 150g's(no carbs after 3 except for vegetable trace carbs) - Fat, under 40's - Protein,260+ - - Along with as much fibre as possible.

Only sources of food are: egg whites, eggs, whole grain bread, brown rice, oats, whey, chicken and more chicken, white fish, tuna&mayo, shrimp, bananas, strawberries, ground beef, Greek yogurt, broccoli&carrots < I think that is it, I can't think of anything else I eat.

We'll see how this goes. I only need to cut down 15-20 pounds max, so I am not in too big of a hurry.

After this, the plan is to keep the identical diet but go up about 30% on all my daily numbers and possibly even more on my carbs.

Straight goal is 10% Bf at 210+ pounds, I think it could be done. . . . But, originally I wanted 220+ at the same Bf. Next year it should be possible.

Stats:

216.5 Lbs
    Arms @ 17.5"-17.75" Cold, 18"+ after lifts
    Waist is 36"
    Bf 14-19%

If I am off on any of math, let me know. But, it looks right to me.

I will post a current pic up later today.
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 02-09-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Your numbers are good mate. Even with a recomp your weight will probably drop slightly. Aside from the fact you are under TDEE, it's way quicker for your body to burn fat than to build an equal amount of muscle.

Now then, what I would try is to actually eat at maintenance and play around with your macro's and cardio instead. That way, in theory, your weight should pretty much remain the same.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Now then, what I would try is to actually eat at maintenance and play around with your macro's and cardio instead. That way, in theory, your weight should pretty much remain the same.
    I was really considering this, but I don't feel like adding cardio yet. Maybe add a little post workout but no fasted yet.

I'm looking to pull 2 pounds a week. That is a pretty fair amount spread over a 8 week period. I'm monitoring myself as close as possible to see where the weight is coming from.

But, I might kick my #'s up a tad.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Who mentioned fasted cardio? Fvck no mate, PWO is fine as and when.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Well, hell - Had a last minute trip I had to take. lol

Ate twice in 2 days, woke up this morning @ 219. Shit weight sure comes on quick.

Right back into it again. Same exact shit as planned before, no need for a very harsh cut. Kicked in PWO cardio at 30 minutes.

Hit bi's today, still feel great and my strength is best yet. Curling 105 on the straight bar like it's 75 pounds. < Pretty surprised!

Blog Entries
    Still need to post up a pic, but been busy with life's BS too much.

Weighing in at 213 as of this morning.

Bi's are still right under 18" after a tri workout.

My waist is what gets me, it's still over 36". I don't know what it is really, I'm thinking back fat since my abs are starting to show a bit more.

Blog Entries
    212 as of this morning, dropping water I guess.

Here is a current pic as of last night. Not too bloated, but not morning fasted.

Just can't really figure out how much I really need to lose to look lean. But, cutting on a low test dosage is pretty nice. Seems to still have a pump and good strength. We'll see how this goes.

Then when I feel lean enough jump on the Tren and Prop. When I do run this cycle the diet will not be changed just increased.

Blog Entries
    Coming in @ right over 211 this morning.

Waist is right under 36" arms after a shoulder workout and deads are right @ 17.75"

Strength is still pretty damn solid. Hit deads of 315 x5 and 275x6

Blog Entries
    Weighing in this morning right under 210 pounds. Waist is right @ 35.5"

Not too bad so far, but it seems like I still have a bit of fatness to drop.

Seemed a little weaker yesterday, but possibly due to the fact that I was in a hurry. I hate being rushed when I'm at the gym.

Also dropped my test enan to 175mg per week.

Blog Entries
    No, I didn't fall off. . . . Just feel like spending more time to get myself to where I want to be is more important than posting nothing.

Coming @ 208 Lbs this A.M.

Looking better for sure, I can see fat abs . . lol

Still not sure on how many pounds I got left to go. But, when I get to where I want to be it's time for another cycle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0439[1].jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	596.5 KB 
ID:	134104

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Only looked at the pics here m8.... Looking good tho... I can see a difference
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Big difference samson. I remember your first cycle and you've came a long way no doubt! And glad you shaved that full body happy trail.lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks yall

Sure wish there was a "magic pill" or shot or some shit. . . . But, there isn't

Juice works and is doing its thing. But, it is not magical in any way. . . It's diet and hard work over time.

I'm too old to stop, I'm not going to be the old guy at the gym with the "damn I missed it" look. Who shows up a few times to just gets depressed and grabs KFC on the way home.

What really helps me carry on even harder is the fact that I am over 30 and in better shape than I ever have been before and still getting better.

Blog Entries
    Weight is dropping well and my size is staying. Shit seems to be working.

Coming in this A.M. @ 206Lbs.

I can just see the fat creeping away slowly, it's like 1/16th of a inch every day. I am almost back on my last belt loop. This time around I'm going for the most cut up for sure, as close to 10% as possible.

Name:	IMG_0489[1].JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	134312

Blog Entries
    Sitting right at 205 as of this morning. Same shit, running 175mg a week of enan along with 1ml of b12. Stopped the HCG , bawls feel better no more odd pains.

Yet, I can notice the difference with or without the HCG. Nothing but the nut size, but it is noticeable.

Not even focusing on weight loss, more of slow conditioning. Yet, I am keeping the cals and fat g's low.

Current daily #s are:

Cals @ 1700+ carbs @ 120 fat g's @ 30 and protein @ 200

When I do start the lean bulk I'm thinking of getting my #s to: Cals @ 3200+ carbs @ 300+ fat g's(still as low as possible) & protein to 300+

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    11.5 lbs down. just under 4 weeks. is just under 3lbs a week, i can see a difference fosho! I would bet most is fat but the rate seems a lil fast to be all fat ( Im not to sure bro)

You could be off just a tad from what your actual Tdee is.

why dont you just continue to cut? youd prolly look bigger and more jacked and more happy at the end?

as for your before measurements of places such as arms/ waist things of that sort, has anything changed yet?
    Last edited by largerthannormal; 03-07-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    12 Lbs. Down as of this morning (coming it @ 204.5).

Waist is a tiny bit over 34.5 - So 34.75"

Bi's are right over 17.5"

Feeling pretty good about this so far, but I still want to lose a little before trying to focus on gaining more LBM.

Still got a tad too much jiggle.

Blog Entries

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	873 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	134947

Right @ 204 as of this morning. Looking more decent for sure.

Not in a hurry to just drop weight, more just the fat and gain a few more Lbs. of LBM.

Anyone wanna guess on the BF%?

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I havn't been around here to often lately but you're looking good from last time I saw you man. Keep doing your thing

I would guestimate you around 15-16%. I would imagine you would start looking pretty shredded once you get around 190lbs. Of course loosing that weight properly and not just shooting to hit the 190 number

Blog Entries
    Thank u sir

My digital POS fat caliper said 13% this morning. That would be even worse than 15, I would have to hit single digits to looks shredded. Lol

15-16 sounds damn fair to me. I'm not looking to just drop weight to get to xxx pounds. Slow and steady wins the race for sure. I will get to near single digits I approximate in 2 months. Fair IMO, lose a few pounds of gristle while gaining a pound or 2 of LBM.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree w 15-16% bf. looking like you're having good progression over the passed few weeks. Keep it up. I feel like once u get into the 15-16% range each % point lost looks significantly better cause you're starting to show abs. Compared to going from 25 to 20% where u can see weight loss but you still hve a nice layer of fat over all muscles so its not that pronounced.
    Last edited by lucabratzi; 03-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    I totally hear that. It seems like even a half of a pound now makes a noticeable difference.

Seeing the results is very nice, keeps me on track real good and keeps my motivation up.

Blog Entries
    200.5 as of this morning.

5.5 pounds to go until the start of the Tren & Prop cycle.

Name:	IMG_0650.JPG 
Views:	775 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	136269

Thread Information