Armykid93 is offline Productive Member

quaker 1 minute oats

Are they a good carb source? One of my buddies is trying to tell me they are bad.

I understand they are essentially instant but there isn't any added sugar or anything, its just plain oats.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's all I've ever used and I figured it was just the same... I hope I wasn't wrong

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    They are generally smaller and ground a little more than regular oats to help them quicker. As a result they are digested quicker too so will have a higher GI. But, I assume you'll be having them with protein so that figure will lower due to glycemic load coming into play. There may also be a difference in fibre but you'll need to check.

All in all? Don't sweat it, it's not as though they've had sugar added.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use the 1 minute ones too they are fast and easy though very bland.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I use the old fashioned quaker oats. 1/2 cup in the micro for three minutes comes out perfect. why pay more for two minutes of convenience?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    I use the old fashioned quaker oats. 1/2 cup in the micro for three minutes comes out perfect. why pay more for two minutes of convenience?
    There ya to thinking like an accountant

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Thanks for the input guys.

I usually buy the old fashioned kind. Just didn't this time cuz there was a sale going on at Walmart haha

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    There ya to thinking like an accountant
    sorry. comes naturally to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Thanks for the input guys.

I usually buy the old fashioned kind. Just didn't this time cuz there was a sale going on at Walmart haha
    i get abouut 8lbs at costco for $8 or so..........

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman

I buy mine in bulk as well. Eat ED and luv oats.

supernatural28 is offline Junior Member
    I use Organic oats,,I add cinnamon and a slice of apple.. It will taste as good as quaker ones..

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

Sadly there isn't a Costco within even 100 miles of me but I just found out there's a sams club in the next city over, i'm stoked lol

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93

Sadly there isn't a Costco within even 100 miles of me but I just found out there's a sams club in the next city over, i'm stoked lol
    Not sure about your club but the one I visit has the quick oats in a 10lb box for like 8-9 bucks

kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    At Sam's club you can also get BSCB for about 1.85/lb if you buy it by the case. Each case of BSCB has 6 flats of approximately 12 breasts each. Also, there are 15lb boxes (at most) of Swai Fillet for about $30. Swai is a flavorless white fish that will taste like whatever you put on it. And if you like salsa, their Italian Rose Fresh Salsa is great and about $3 for a jar. If you like roasted garlic, they sell 3lb bags of peeled garlic cloves that you can roast and refrigerate for use later. (There's TONS of great prices at Sam's club if you have the room to store your purchases and you shop smart.) They also have Extra lean ground beef in 10lb rolls for like $2.20/lb, if you have a deep freezer and can store it, a case is 80lbs and that drops your price by like 25cents per pound.

My main complaint about Sam's club is that what they carry from location to location varies so much it makes it hard to shop there if you've just moved or are traveling. Also, Costco has a much wider selection in many cases, unfortunately, like you I don't have one within a reasonable drive of me.

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kitstreasure
    At Sam's club you can also get BSCB for about 1.85/lb if you buy it by the case. Each case of BSCB has 6 flats of approximately 12 breasts each. Also, there are 15lb boxes (at most) of Swai Fillet for about $30. Swai is a flavorless white fish that will taste like whatever you put on it. And if you like salsa, their Italian Rose Fresh Salsa is great and about $3 for a jar. If you like roasted garlic, they sell 3lb bags of peeled garlic cloves that you can roast and refrigerate for use later. (There's TONS of great prices at Sam's club if you have the room to store your purchases and you shop smart.) They also have Extra lean ground beef in 10lb rolls for like $2.20/lb, if you have a deep freezer and can store it, a case is 80lbs and that drops your price by like 25cents per pound.

My main complaint about Sam's club is that what they carry from location to location varies so much it makes it hard to shop there if you've just moved or are traveling. Also, Costco has a much wider selection in many cases, unfortunately, like you I don't have one within a reasonable drive of me.
    Apparently prices change by location as well. I get my chicken breast for 1.78 per pound in 6-8lb packs so no need to buy by the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post

Apparently prices change by location as well. I get my chicken breast for 1.78 per pound in 6-8lb packs so no need to buy by the case.
    That's the price of the chicken near my place.

Thanks for the tip on the fish. I had no idea

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Thats what I eat every morning.

kitstreasure is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpyle View Post
    When you buy by the case, they drop the price even more. Since I live in a VERY rural area, prices for groceries do tend to be higher. When I can drive into Dallas (nearly 6 hours away) and shop there the prices are significantly lower than in my immediate area. So, yes, prices do vary by location. I should have mentioned that, but forgot about it entirely.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1.78 per lb of chicken!?!?! Holy hell, I pay anywhere from 12$-20$ per KG...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    1.78 per lb of chicken!?!?! Holy hell, I pay anywhere from 12$-20$ per KG...sigh
    Damn. That expensive, where do you but groceries?

Thread Information