Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    i may have to try some fish. as i have friends who own a seafood market! all fresh fish, shrimp, oysters.. at a great discount.. ill prob just blacken pan fry with light EVOO
    I might have a big shellfish fest this weekend myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    I'm in Houston, TX now.

Cement jungle compared to the good ole swamp!

Orange roughy, never had it. I usually catch all my fish wild so the fish besides eating in a restaurant that I've bought is tilapia.

I forgot to mention flounder earlier!
    Flounder is just a little TOO delicate for me... always falls apart no matter what. I LOVE cod because its a bit more fleshy and hardy.

Forgot to take a picture of today's last carb meal, but it wasn't glamorous looking anyway.

GB's Meatloaf:

16oz 95/5 lean ground beef
    1 egg
    1/2 cup fat free sour cream
    spices/seasoning to your liking (e.g. salt, pepper, garlic/onion powder, cayenne, dry mustard, etc. or use a McCormick meatloaf packet, they're not too bad)
    diced onions and celery (pre-sauteed/sweated in butter/EVOO/nonfat cooking spray, whatever you prefer)
    few 'dashes' of worcestershire sauce (about 2tbsp)
    1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (make your own, or buy the canned variety)
    Optional - 1/4 cup low-sugar BBQ sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all together, pack into a 9x6/meatloaf pan, cover with foil and cook for 45 mins. Turn oven up to 425 degrees, remove foil, rub more worcestershire sauce into the top of the loaf and continue to cook an additional 30 mins. Should come out semi-burned on the top and sides, still nice and moist inside.

For me, this makes 2 servings, macros are roughly 60g protein, 15g fat, 40g carbs per serving

(Shameless) Bump. No love today!

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    This board is filled with love GB... Just look at your previous threads LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    (Shameless) Bump. No love today!
    I got some love for ya.......btw have you ever tried on a latex suit before?

CookiesNCream is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -KJ-
    ^^ ... This!

And may I remind you Mr.Brice ...
    Big ass Mofo.
    Big ass Mofo.
    Big ass Mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    btw have you ever tried on a latex suit before?
    could be a relevant Q.. but did it make me laugh when in context of love hahaha

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman

This!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ-
    lol thx man... just particularly bored at work today and trying to refrain from picking a fight in the lounge!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman

Bahahaha!! Why yes... although not of my own accord. Admin forced it on me...

Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

^^ ... This!

And may I remind you Mr.Brice ...
    Big ass Mofo.
    Big ass Mofo.
    Big ass Mofo.

Haha thx B, I'm nominating you as my pocket cheerleader!!

lol thx man... just particularly bored at work today and trying to refrain from picking a fight in the lounge!

I know the feeling... Although knowing a workout looms gets me through (most of the time)

Quote Originally Posted by -KJ- View Post
    I know the feeling... Although knowing a workout looms gets me through (most of the time)
    I workout at 6am... so the fun is long since over!!

I workout at 6am... so the fun is long since over!!
    Ive been trying to do this but just wont happen... Cant break my original sleep cycle so i workout PM

Ive been trying to do this but just wont happen... Cant break my original sleep cycle so i workout PM
    I'd VERY MUCH prefer to workout in the PM... the rare times I get to, I'm MUCH stronger, my intensity is WAY up vs. the morning workouts, and I just generally feel all around better... probably a combo of having been up, having a few meals in me, and not being so damn cold (joints, etc). But, then I don't get to see my son. The morning is the only time where he and my wife are still asleep, so my gym time doesn't really take away from family time. It does however take away from my progress... in a big way IMO.

Family time, Im sure out weighs the gains you may be losing on but Im sure you know that other wise you wouldnt do it.

A question also, Ive just read through lyles Mcdonalds UD2 book.. awesome read! not first time ive heard of it but I now understand it. you are implementing this correct???

Family time, Im sure out weighs the gains you may be losing on but Im sure you know that other wise you wouldnt do it.
    No doubt!

A question also, Ive just read through lyles Mcdonalds UD2 book.. awesome read! not first time ive heard of it but I now understand it. you are implementing this correct???
    Good timing! I actually just re-read it over the weekend. I'm not running it currently, but what I'm doing definitely borrows a bit from pieces of his diet/philosophy. I may run it after this 12 week cut as I doubt I'll be down to 10% (especially with a trip to FL smack-dab in the middle of my cut, argh) by then... 6 weeks of UD2.0 should give me the final push I need. The only problem is I'll need to modify it somewhat to make it work for a M-F schedule. Saturday training isn't an option for me.

Are you thinking of running it?
    Last edited by gbrice75; 03-20-2013 at 01:33 PM.

No doubt!

Good timing! I actually just re-read it over the weekend. I'm definitely not running it currently, but what I'm doing definitely borrows a bit from pieces of his diet/philosophy. I may run it after this 12 week cut as I doubt I'll be down to 10% (especially with a trip to FL smack-dab in the middle of my cut, argh) by then... 6 weeks of UD2.0 should give me the final push I need. The only problem is I'll need to modify it somewhat to make it work for a M-F schedule. Saturday training isn't an option for me.

Are you thinking of running it?
    Yes I am! may be a bit high bf% wise but I like the idea of diet changing as I wont get bored eating the same cals day in/out. And like you also a M-F schedule is what I need. Looking at it Lyle starts the cycle on a Monday, but starting it on a sunday may fit in nicely with a M-F.

Yes I am! may be a bit high bf% wise but I like the idea of diet changing as I wont get bored eating the same cals day in/out.
    Why not just look to run a more 'standard' carb/calorie cycle type plan then? Why put yourself through the grueling plan that UD2.0 is (anybody who has run it will attest to this) just for a more exciting diet, especially when you can probably achieve similar results with less pain? Personally I'd save UD2.0 for when you 'need' it... a trump card of sorts, lol. What is your BF% at currently?

And like you also a M-F schedule is what I need. Looking at it Lyle starts the cycle on a Monday, but starting it on a sunday may fit in nicely with a M-F.
    If/when I decide to run it, I'll really have to set some time aside to sit down and write out a proper plan that I can adhere to. The last thing I want to do is half-ass something as 'extreme' as UD2.0.

Why not just look to run a more 'standard' carb/calorie cycle type plan then? Why put yourself through the grueling plan that UD2.0 is (anybody who has run it will attest to this) just for a more exciting diet, especially when you can probably achieve similar results with less pain? Personally I'd save UD2.0 for when you 'need' it... a trump card of sorts, lol. What is your BF% at currently?

I understand what your saying.. Ive seen great results from this diet! I guess its the variety in training (although this can be done anytime), variety of diet, and 'freedom during the loading phase during the week.

If/when I decide to run it, I'll really have to set some time aside to sit down and write out a proper plan that I can adhere to. The last thing I want to do is half-ass something as 'extreme' as UD2.0.
    Im 20% down from 26 but starting to become bored of my routine. this plan looks like it will excite me to stick through the 6=8/10 weeks
    Bold

^^ you have to do what you feel is best, but I'd strongly reconsider, because I think you're going to wind up running this diet again to get even lower, and you won't be that excited the second time around, lol!

If you calorie/carb cycled, opened your world to 'more exciting' types of training (e.g. GBC vs. the usual bodypart splits), and even allowed a cheat day once a month (doesn't seem like much but you'll look forward to it like a mofo), you'd do very well.

Let me know if/when you decide to go with UD2.0 though, 'cause I'll definitely want to follow that thread!

^^ you have to do what you feel is best, but I'd strongly reconsider, because I think you're going to wind up running this diet again to get even lower, and you won't be that excited the second time around, lol!

If you calorie/carb cycled, opened your world to 'more exciting' types of training (e.g. GBC vs. the usual bodypart splits), and even allowed a cheat day once a month (doesn't seem like much but you'll look forward to it like a mofo), you'd do very well.

Let me know if/when you decide to go with UD2.0 though, 'cause I'll definitely want to follow that thread!
    Well Ive started threads here before and when I failed I just bailed.. I didnt want to waste any more time so I got away and basically went low carb / mod cal and a lot of cardio got me to drop 6% relatively quick. unfortunatly no pics as I was ashamed.

Now what you said above, starting a thread with a carb/cal cycle to begin and after 6-8 weeks re-evaluating sounds like a good plan IMO. May need help with the Carb cycle though. Cheers bro

Well Ive started threads here before and when I failed I just bailed.. I didnt want to waste any more time so I got away and basically went low carb / mod cal and a lot of cardio got me to drop 6% relatively quick. unfortunatly no pics as I was ashamed.

Now what you said above, starting a thread with a carb/cal cycle to begin and after 6-8 weeks re-evaluating sounds like a good plan IMO. May need help with the Carb cycle though. Cheers bro
    Anytime brother. Commit and start the thread. It'll keep you honest. We'll keep you honest.

GB, generally carb cycling and workout format are just as important as each other.
    Ive ran GBC programs before so do I just assign the hardest day to my High Carb day? I would be doing 4 GBC workouts a week and having 2 Mod/1 High/4 Low or No carb days. I will have the High on the weekend as a 'just incase' or is it a bad idea on a non workout day?

Remember Im a M-F man. After I get the format sorted I should be good to sort the rest out and have it critiqued

GB, generally carb cycling and workout format are just as important as each other.
    Ive ran GBC programs before so do I just assign the hardest day to my High Carb day? I would be doing 4 GBC workouts a week and having 2 Mod/1 High/4 Low or No carb days. I will have the High on the weekend as a 'just incase' or is it a bad idea on a non workout day?

Remember Im a M-F man. After I get the format sorted I should be good to sort the rest out and have it critiqued
    My high day is an off day. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to replenish glycogen fully. Same idea as with UD in this regard.

Yes, I'd try and schedule your moderate carb days to coincide with your harder workouts, e.g. legs, back, etc. You can try and train arms/shoulders on a low/no day... chest is sort of the in-between for me. It could fall on either type of day IMO.

So your High Day is saturday/sunday.

Ive thrown this up quickly looking at my schedule.
    Sunday - Off Day (Mod)
    Monday - GBC workout 1 (low/no)
    Tuesday - GBC workout 2 (low/no)
    wednesday - Off Day (low/no)
    Thursday - GBC workout 3 (Moderate)
    Friday - GBC workout 4 (low/no)
    Saturday - Off day (High)

The GBC workouts could be reverted back to a 'normal' split.
    mon - Back after Mod day
    tue - chest/bicep
    Thur - legs on a moderate day
    fri - shoulders triceps

sorry if these are non sense but I am new to this and only started reading up not long ago.

Saturday is a no starchy carb day... Sunday is my only high carb day. I'll respond in more detail from work tomorrow as I'm on my phone now and can't stand typing on this thing, lol!

Saturday is a no starchy carb day... Sunday is my only high carb day. I'll respond in more detail from work tomorrow as I'm on my phone now and can't stand typing on this thing, lol!
    Np problem GB.. this is your thread anyway ive taken up it LOL! Ill get one up and running tomorrow and we can go from there. possibly could go and lose a little more before i move into new phases. but my new thread will sort that out.

Thanks again

So your High Day is saturday/sunday.

Ive thrown this up quickly looking at my schedule.
    Sunday - Off Day (Mod)
    Monday - GBC workout 1 (low/no)
    Tuesday - GBC workout 2 (low/no)
    wednesday - Off Day (low/no)
    Thursday - GBC workout 3 (Moderate)
    Friday - GBC workout 4 (low/no)
    Saturday - Off day (High)
    Yea man... I don't really like this setup to be honest. You have a high off day followed by a moderate off day... I'd follow my high/off day by 2 workout days @ moderate (heaviest workouts like we discussed earlier)... then you can go with either low/moderate on your off day in the middle of the week, then 3 low days. You should be working the diet out to optimize training.

^^ but yea... let's take further discussion to your thread.

Day 18: Legs

Barbell Front Squat - 5x10
    Sets 1-5: 195lbs x 10

Possibly my best front squat workout ever. I've front squatted heavier than 195lbs in the past, but wasn't able to maintain that weight for several sets. Pretty happy about this, especially considering I've had no carbs for nearly 24 hours.

Walking Lunges - 150 meters
    Set 1: 80lbs (2 x 40lb dumbbells) x 30 meters
    Sets 2-5: 60lbs (2 x 30lb dumbbells) x 30 meters

Note: I forgot just how disgusting this exercise is as I haven't done em' in a long time. My quads and particularly my glutes are on FIRE!!! And the cardio aspect of it... omg!

Barbell Calf Raise - 5x15
    Set 1: 265lbs x 15
    Set 2: 245lbs x 15
    Sets 3-5: 225lbs x 15

Legs were already pretty shot from previous exercises... was having a tough time holding up the weight on my back, let along raising it up on my toes, lol!

Cardio, 35 mins :\

Also on day 1 of 3 w/ no carbs. This is where it starts to suck folks.

Where do you get space for the walking lunges? the whole gym LOL

Where do you get space for the walking lunges? the whole gym LOL
    My gym is (sort of) situated with a bunch of machines/benches in the middle and outer perimeter against all 4 walls of a large rectangular room ... this leaves me a clear 'path'. Otherwise, I'll be an asshole and do em' out in the hallway that leads to the locker rooms, bathrooms, etc. lol

austinite is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    My gym is (sort of) situated with a bunch of machines/benches in the middle and outer perimeter against all 4 walls of a large rectangular room ... this leaves me a clear 'path'. Otherwise, I'll be an asshole and do em' out in the hallway that leads to the locker rooms, bathrooms, etc. lol
    lol. So that was YOU! I peed my shorts waiting to get to the restroom!!
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

"It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Hahahaha...

Id be lucky to have space for 25m

Quote Originally Posted by austinite View Post
    Lmao. Sorry brother... I'll get outta the way next time!

Hahahaha...

Id be lucky to have space for 25m
    Yea, that's one thing about my gym - it's pretty big. Actually, it's very big. And 2 floors at that. Was once a nightclub, lol!

sawyer86 is offline Member
    when will you be progress picss gb?

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86 View Post
    when will you be progress picss gb?
    As soon as I'm not ashamed of my physique brother... which may very well be never, lol!

At the very least, i'll post up current pics at the end of this 12 week plan, and I'll post up a few before shots if I can find em.

dont be ashamed im sure the after pics will be impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86 View Post
    dont be ashamed im sure the after pics will be impressive!
    heh, thanks bro. I know how I'll look... cut, but skinny. I've always had a problem putting on size. My body does NOT like adding muscle. It loves putting on fat however.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Day 18: Legs

Barbell Front Squat - 5x10
    Sets 1-5: 195lbs x 10

Possibly my best front squat workout ever. I've front squatted heavier than 195lbs in the past, but wasn't able to maintain that weight for several sets. Pretty happy about this, especially considering I've had no carbs for nearly 24 hours.

Walking Lunges - 150 meters
    Set 1: 80lbs (2 x 40lb dumbbells) x 30 meters
    Sets 2-5: 60lbs (2 x 30lb dumbbells) x 30 meters

Note: I forgot just how disgusting this exercise is as I haven't done em' in a long time. My quads and particularly my glutes are on FIRE!!! And the cardio aspect of it... omg!

Barbell Calf Raise - 5x15
    Set 1: 265lbs x 15
    Set 2: 245lbs x 15
    Sets 3-5: 225lbs x 15

Legs were already pretty shot from previous exercises... was having a tough time holding up the weight on my back, let along raising it up on my toes, lol!

Cardio, 35 mins :\

Also on day 1 of 3 w/ no carbs. This is where it starts to suck folks.
    something is working!

heh, thanks bro. I know how I'll look... cut, but skinny. I've always had a problem putting on size. My body does NOT like adding muscle. It loves putting on fat however.

some of us just look skinny! i know how you feel ive always struggled to add muscle!

Thread Information