Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    looking good mate..............keep going mate, you are doing very well.....abs poping out, i can only dream!........
    gbrice75 likes this.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Doesn't look bad at all GB. Appear bigger than what you were in your avi.

Oh, MT2, MT2, MT2. It works.
    Looking good GB - and I second the MT2. LOL
    gbrice75 likes this.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    agree. can definately see the hard work.

and yeah, ya mushroom, ya need some pigment on ya there boy! =)
    gbrice75 likes this.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Honestly mate...you are way too negative about yourself! :-)
    gbrice75 likes this.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    your right there bro, you can see your abs so your not as hideous as you think lol...
    Lmao, thanks GB!

Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Doesn't look bad at all GB. Appear bigger than what you were in your avi.

Oh, MT2, MT2, MT2. It works.
    I'll just start spray tanning again next week. 3 weeks until a trip to FL (right smack in the middle of my fckin cut... GRR!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    looking good mate..............keep going mate, you are doing very well.....abs poping out, i can only dream!........
    Thanks EB. With your physique, you have no abs? Surprising. You look good and lean to me.

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Looking good GB - and I second the MT2. LOL
    lol, thanks bud

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    agree. can definately see the hard work.

and yeah, ya mushroom, ya need some pigment on ya there boy! =)
    I know, I know! I'm opaque!

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Honestly mate...you are way too negative about yourself! :-)
    Meh... very difficult not to pick oneself apart. Tell me you don't do the same!! lol

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75;64***88
    Nice - where about?
    a bit delayed i know but miami

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    a bit delayed i know but miami
    Completely opposite end from me lol

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Completely opposite end from me lol
    where u on the western pan handle?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Whats up Whitey!

Looking good GB! By the way, if my memory serves me, a long time ago you said something about me having obliques and you hating me LOL...Guess what brother, I can clearly see a cut forming between your abs and your obliques...Great Fvn Work!

mperk is offline Member
    hey bro- u are looking good although you are a shade lighter than the Michelin man! LOL U look like you have maintained good leaness, but def need to work on the delts and lats. try rest pause for the delts - I get a hella good pump out of that and i think it has helped with my shoulder development.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

where u on the western pan handle?
    I'll be in Largo, near Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive
    Whats up Whitey!

Looking good GB! By the way, if my memory serves me, a long time ago you said something about me having obliques and you hating me LOL...Guess what brother, I can clearly see a cut forming between your abs and your obliques...Great Fvn Work!
    lol!! I probably did say that. Thanks man... it's a work in progress. Couple more months should have me with pretty good separation in the abdominal/oblique area.

Quote Originally Posted by mperk
    hey bro- u are looking good although you are a shade lighter than the Michelin man! LOL U look like you have maintained good leaness, but def need to work on the delts and lats. try rest pause for the delts - I get a hella good pump out of that and i think it has helped with my shoulder development.
    I won't be able to do/develop much while cutting, but come fall I'll be attacking muscle with a whole new approach. Expecting good things!

These pics may not show it, but my lats are actually decent... one of my better muscle groups. I'll try and get a back shot next time, and/or post up an older pic of one. Not that they can't also use work mind you; everything can, always!!

inklife is offline Junior Member
    Subscribed! Looking forward to seeing and learning! The only question I have is the refeed day.. Calorie wise do you go to maintaince? And I read carbs should be high and protein a little low 1g per bw can you elaborate on yours??
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by inklife
    Subscribed! Looking forward to seeing and learning! The only question I have is the refeed day.. Calorie wise do you go to maintaince? And I read carbs should be high and protein a little low 1g per bw can you elaborate on yours??
    Thanks!
    Thanks brother!

I go over maintenance on my refeed day. It's a (small) window for growth, even during a cut. I run close to maintenance on my moderate carb days as it is.

Personally, I keep protein and fat the same throughout. Both are moderate (275g and 55g respectively). Carbs are the only macro that I manipulate based on where I'm at in the cycle. I see no need to overcomplicate a diet with macros constantly all over the place.

ps - I go with 1.5g/lb of LBM for protein need. I don't go by total bodyweight as that number can wind up skewed by how high (or low) the individual's bodyfat is at when making the calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Thanks brother!

I go over maintenance on my refeed day. It's a (small) window for growth, even during a cut. I run close to maintenance on my moderate carb days as it is.

Personally, I keep protein and fat the same throughout. Both are moderate (275g and 55g respectively). Carbs are the only macro that I manipulate based on where I'm at in the cycle. I see no need to overcomplicate a diet with macros constantly all over the place.

ps - I go with 1.5g/lb of LBM for protein need. I don't go by total bodyweight as that number can wind up skewed by how high (or low) the individual's bodyfat is at when making the calculation.
    Awesome! I have my diet kinda set up and my refeed day is causing me head aches but thanks for the info. Currently sitting at 178 and I'm getting leaner but I wanna get into those single digits! If you take a fat burner like animal cuts are you taking that on a refeed day too??

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    C'mon man. You're looking great. Reading your log, your dedication is impressive.
    Oh...love the haircut. We have the same barber.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Yeah man, don't sell yourself short. I'd KILL to have a physique like yours!

Awesome! I have my diet kinda set up and my refeed day is causing me head aches but thanks for the info. Currently sitting at 178 and I'm getting leaner but I wanna get into those single digits! If you take a fat burner like animal cuts are you taking that on a refeed day too??
    I actually *am* taking Animal Cuts believe it or not. Personally I only take it on workout days, but the recommended dosage is daily. Having said that, I wouldn't buy it again. Doesn't seem to be helping much if at all. Clen , ECA, T3 - gotta stick with the good stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11
    C'mon man. You're looking great. Reading your log, your dedication is impressive.
    Oh...love the haircut. We have the same barber.

I don't mean to come off like I'm complaining. I just try to be very realistic with where I'm at vs. where I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69
    Yeah man, don't sell yourself short. I'd KILL to have a physique like yours!
    Thank you buddy, and honestly I don't think you're as far off as *you* do.

Fatburgler is offline New Member
    Gbrice! Been away from the forum about a year wife was real sick. You helped me out ton back then With your wealth of info. I couldn't be happier to see you here doing your thing and motivating a brother once again. Your in a mission thanks for bringing us along.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    X2 on Animal Cuts being useless bullshit

The other options you listed are way tastier. A big boy like you deserves some big boy goodies eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatburgler
    Gbrice! Been away from the forum about a year wife was real sick. You helped me out ton back then With your wealth of info. I couldn't be happier to see you here doing your thing and motivating a brother once again. Your in a mission thanks for bringing us along.
    Awesome brother, and welcome back! How's the wife these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89
    X2 on Animal Cuts being useless bullshit

The other options you listed are way tastier. A big boy like you deserves some big boy goodies eh?
    lol I guess so... tried to go with all natural stuff... but AC isn't it.

hey GB,

sunday will be week 6 for you (duh.. im sure u know this ), how have u progressed thus far? it doesnt seem like its been that long! maybe cuz im not the one doing it! LOL

hey GB,

sunday will be week 6 for you (duh.. im sure u know this ), how have u progressed thus far? it doesnt seem like its been that long! maybe cuz im not the one doing it! LOL
    Honestly, it doesn't feel too long to me either. Luckily, I don't (usually) feel like I'm suffering much, despite having been very strict and on-point with my diet and training. I guess after several cuts, you just become used to it. The goal always changes though; i.e. each time I need to progress further than the last.

I haven't made much progress as per the scale (roughly 7lbs down at the 5 week mark), but you know I don't put much merit in the scale by itself. Visually I'm most definitely making progress, and as long as I can see that, I'm happy.

I'd LOVE to be able to get through the next 6 weeks uninterrupted, but that's not possible with my upcoming trip to FL (in 3 weeks). So, I'll do the best I can over the next few week, try to minimize the damage while I'm there, and then just deal with the setback when i return. I'm already expecting the week in FL will set me back about 3 weeks, but that's the worst case scenario. I may even just start my regimen at the 6 week mark again, although technically I'll be at 9 weeks. Either way, I expect I'll still be cutting beyond 12 (total) weeks... as I said in the beginning, this will be a 12-16 week effort. With the goal I have in mind, I'm fairly certain it'll be 16 weeks. Yay me!

Another weigh-in tomorrow. I haven't lost a lb. (again, as per the scale) in 2 weeks; I do have a feeling this week I'll be down at least a pound, maybe 2. We'll see!

yeh the scale is definitely not the end all be all shoot i feel leaner over the last few weeks and i have actually gained weight ..

have fun in florida, there will always be dieting to do when u get back! so what if it takes u an extra month, IMO fun on vacation will be worth it! i am going on my cruise the week after next and im gonna try to beat last years weight gain of 12 lbs in 9 days! screw it man, fat is easy to burn off (dont ask me that mid cut! ) its the LBM gaining that s the hard part!

yeh the scale is definitely not the end all be all shoot i feel leaner over the last few weeks and i have actually gained weight ..

have fun in florida, there will always be dieting to do when u get back! so what if it takes u an extra month, IMO fun on vacation will be worth it! i am going on my cruise the week after next and im gonna try to beat last years weight gain of 12 lbs in 9 days! screw it man, fat is easy to burn off (dont ask me that mid cut! ) its the LBM gaining that s the hard part!

Yea buddy! Don't worry; enjoying myself is something I NEVER have a tough time doing.

Feeling good this (refeed) morning... had a huge breakfast but before that, my weight in.

My scale is such a POS I can never get an accurate reading, and further, I don't put much merit in it (any scale reading) to begin with - but for what it's worth, I appear to be back on the losing track again. I'm somewhere right around 200lbs, +/- 1lb. 3 weeks to hit 195lbs before FL!!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have carbs to devour!
    inklife likes this.

PHASE 4: EDT (this is where shit starts getting interesting)

DAY 43

EDT: Perform as many (super)sets as possible in 20 minute blocks

Warmup: Elliptical, 20 mins (steady state, moderate intensity)

A1: T-Bar Rows (neutral grip) - 10 reps, 10 secs rest
    Sets 1-5: 100lbs x 10
    Sets 6-7: 90lbs x 10
    Set 8: 70lbs x 10

Total Reps: 80

A2: Incline Barbell Bench Press - 8 reps, 30 secs rest
    Sets 1-6: 185lbs x 8
    Sets 7-8: 165lbs x 8

Total Reps: 64

10 mins rest

B1: Dumbbell Pullover - 10 reps, 10 secs rest
    Sets 1-3: 80lbs x 10
    Sets 4-5: 70lbs x 10

Total Reps: 50

B2: Clean and Press - 10 reps, 30 secs rest
    Sets 1-5: 65lbs x 10

Total Reps: 50

Note: Yep, clean & pressed a whopping 65lbs. I'm much more interested in the mechanics, explosiveness and cardio-intensive properties of this exercise vs. putting up big numbers at this point.

Cardio, 20 mins

/FCKINGDEAD!

Basically, I'll keep all weights the same next week but will try and beat total reps for each exercise, as this is the basic principle/goal of this style of training.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    How experienced are you with crossfit? It sounds like many of the principles you're getting at in your workouts are covered there.

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    How experienced are you with crossfit? It sounds like many of the principles you're getting at in your workouts are covered there.
    Zero experience; I've never run the routine in my life. However, I will say that EDT is a whole other animal revolving much more around weight training. Actually, I believe Charles Staley wrote the protocol with adding mass in mind; I'm applying it's principles in more of a cardio intensive, cutting friendly approach.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    How did I miss your pics???? Don't suppose you're willing to put up before pics

Obviously I can't guess your bf because, like me, you have weird fat deposits, but I reckon you will be a number of lbs heavier at the same body fat in a couple of months or so than you were last time you cut.

It's funny isn't it, I'm 192lbs right now and quite a bit leaner I think but you look so much bigger (I'm 5'11) I reckon I have bones made of lead! I'm so looking forward to see how we compare in 2 months time when we may well have very similar stats?

Keep going mate, onwards and upwards
    gbrice75 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    How did I miss your pics???? Don't suppose you're willing to put up before pics
    np... like I said, nothing too impressive anyway, lol. Tbh, I didn't take before pics, other than the ones attached here (clothed). I was feeling so damn self-conscious, I couldn't bear it, even with knowing that a few months later I'd be looking much better.

Obviously I can't guess your bf because, like me, you have weird fat deposits, but I reckon you will be a number of lbs heavier at the same body fat in a couple of months or so than you were last time you cut.
    Definitely hoping! I actually got down to 177lbs on my last cut; I can't imagine that happening this time at the same bodyfat. I just don't see it. Maybe 185lb. Guess we'll see!

It's funny isn't it, I'm 192lbs right now and quite a bit leaner I think but you look so much bigger (I'm 5'11) I reckon I have bones made of lead! I'm so looking forward to see how we compare in 2 months time when we may well have very similar stats?

Keep going mate, onwards and upwards
    Makes sense though. Same height, 10lbs difference - and I'm fatter. I *should* look bigger, lol. Just not the kind of big I want to be!

Definitely looking forward to see how we compare, just for shits and giggles. Unfortunately with my trip to FL coming up in under 3 weeks now, I will have been derailed to some extent - but I'll do my best when I get back to just jump right back on, and turn up the heat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-gb1mod.jpg   *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-gb2mod.jpg  

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    nice workout!

looking good man, stop being so hard on yourself!

when you have some time, address that PM i sent ya

ain't nutin but a peanut!
    gbrice75 likes this.

I'm also getting derailed in 4 weeks mate, a week in Greece although I think there's a cardio gym. It'll be interesting, I wanna be 196 at 10% mid June, 10lbs heavier than your prediction for yourself, can't imagine we will look anything like each other lol
    gbrice75 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    nice workout!

looking good man, stop being so hard on yourself!

when you have some time, address that PM i sent ya

ain't nutin but a peanut!
    Thanks buddy, and will do - sorry!

I'm also getting derailed in 4 weeks mate, a week in Greece although I think there's a cardio gym. It'll be interesting, I wanna be 196 at 10% mid June, 10lbs heavier than your prediction for yourself, can't imagine we will look anything like each other lol
    A week in Greece, NICE!!!

Wait - now I'm confused. You're currently 192lbs @ (what bodyfat?) leaner than me, but want to be 196lbs 10%? Are you 'bulking' right now?

192lbs yes. Maybe 12% tops, particularly in favourable lighting lean bulkin too, 4 weeks left on prop only cycle, wanna finish that at about 200lbs (at no more than 12% preferably a little less) so I can afford to lose a few lbs in the last few weeks of the competition.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

192lbs yes. Maybe 12% tops, particularly in favourable lighting lean bulkin too, 4 weeks left on prop only cycle, wanna finish that at about 200lbs (at no more than 12% preferably a little less) so I can afford to lose a few lbs in the last few weeks of the competition.
    Ahh, gotcha. Makes sense now. My short term goal (i.e. over the next 3 weeks, before leaving for FL) is 195lbs via reduced bodyfat. Pretty sure I can do it, especially considering my workouts over the next 3 weeks.

DAY 44: Cardio

60 mins fasted cardio (20 mins treadmill, 20 mins stepmill, 20 mins elliptical) fueled by last night's dinner:

Pork loin stuffed with spinach, provolone and roasted red peppers. Side of grilled sweet peppers and asparagus. Accompanied by a protein shake (not pictured).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-pork2.jpg  

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    damn GB, that looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    damn GB, that looks awesome!
    Thanks bud, it was!

GB or anyone else that wants to give input. Do you count fats from other foods in your total daily amount other then the main fat source itself? For instance, does fat from oats or protein get counted on to the total daily allowance of let's say 50g fat a day??

GB or anyone else that wants to give input. Do you count fats from other foods in your total daily amount other then the main fat source itself? For instance, does fat from oats or protein get counted on to the total daily allowance of let's say 50g fat a day??
    Most definitely, without a doubt. Fat is fat, regardless of the source, as far as calories are concerned. To put it in perspective - with the exception of fish oil caps and a bit of natty PB, the majority of dietary fat I take in is 'secondary'; i.e. fats from meat, eggs, etc. 100% yes - count it all.
    inklife and baseline_9 like this.

Thread Information