Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***

Good idea making a log with a set goal man.

If I did the same maybe i wouldn't change my goals/diet on a daily basis based on how i look/feel that day.......

I'll be following and best of luck.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I shoulda kept a log of my cut..bleh, I started around 17% just like you, but like you said I was ashamed of what I looked like lol, I actually had the GF take before pics, but I ended up deleting them because I was embarrassed

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Subbed

First of all sorry for the loss of your dog, I can totally relate and think its great you derive drive, focus and Motivation from your best friend :-)

Your plan/goals are pretty similar to mine. A question that I havent really 100% answered for myself is why a weekly refeed and not like every 2-3 weeks?
    Being in the 17-20%bf ballpark and not doing 'real' 100% depletion sessions (ultimate diet style for example) I believe that maybe every 2 weeks would be sufficient and maybe speed up progress as long as you are in that bf ballpark. Of course the leaner you get the higher your refeed frequency will need to be. I personally progress faster to sub 15ish% if I just push through 2-3 weeks without a refeed, where it wouldnt be necessary for me other than to provide sanity

Is there any reason why every week? Other than psychological reasons of course

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    did I miss the ride???? sign me up GB....seems like it should be a great log....and listing the staples in ur diet will also help others who are trying to accomplish similar goals (myself included) and get where they want to be. :mentally telling myself to get my ass in the gym tomorrow:
    as far as ur supps I notice Pregnenolone....are cycling that and do u notice increased strength when taking that. I did but didnt know if it was a placebo affect or not....havent taken it in about 3 years.
    from the way you've talked I was expecting a pic of someone resembling the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man lol which is obviously far from that....little too hard on yourself GB but I guess that is needed to get to that next level.
    BTW the last comment was far from corny.....im buckled up and ready for the ride....good luck

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Good idea making a log with a set goal man.

If I did the same maybe i wouldn't change my goals/diet on a daily basis based on how i look/feel that day.......

I'll be following and best of luck.

Thanks brother, always glad to have your support and encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    I shoulda kept a log of my cut..bleh, I started around 17% just like you, but like you said I was ashamed of what I looked like lol, I actually had the GF take before pics, but I ended up deleting them because I was embarrassed
    Yea man... the truth is I look much better now than I did before ever working out (fat 255lbs 30% + bodyfat) but after you get used to looking a certain way (lean), you become ashamed of ANY visible fat. Idk... this game is a mindfvck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Subbed

First of all sorry for the loss of your dog, I can totally relate and think its great you derive drive, focus and Motivation from your best friend :-)
    Thanks for the kind words brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Your plan/goals are pretty similar to mine. A question that I havent really 100% answered for myself is why a weekly refeed and not like every 2-3 weeks?
    Being in the 17-20%bf ballpark and not doing 'real' 100% depletion sessions (ultimate diet style for example) I believe that maybe every 2 weeks would be sufficient and maybe speed up progress as long as you are in that bf ballpark. Of course the leaner you get the higher your refeed frequency will need to be. I personally progress faster to sub 15ish% if I just push through 2-3 weeks without a refeed, where it wouldnt be necessary for me other than to provide sanity

Is there any reason why every week? Other than psychological reasons of course
    Psychological is secondary. The truth is I don't feel I'll be able to tackle the tougher workouts without the weekly refeed. Furthermore, by starting with a 'less than perfect' plan, it allows me to manipulate things down the road once I eventually plateau - for instance I can make the refeed bi-weekly among other factors. If the plan were 100% perfect from the beginning, I'd have nothing to tweak down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by cancer82 View Post
    did I miss the ride???? sign me up GB....seems like it should be a great log....and listing the staples in ur diet will also help others who are trying to accomplish similar goals (myself included) and get where they want to be. :mentally telling myself to get my ass in the gym tomorrow:
    as far as ur supps I notice Pregnenolone....are cycling that and do u notice increased strength when taking that. I did but didnt know if it was a placebo affect or not....havent taken it in about 3 years.
    from the way you've talked I was expecting a pic of someone resembling the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man lol which is obviously far from that....little too hard on yourself GB but I guess that is needed to get to that next level.
    BTW the last comment was far from corny.....im buckled up and ready for the ride....good luck
    No noticeable difference from the preg but I take it as an extended part of my TRT protocol.

Glad to have you subbed... and thank you for your last comment!

Southpole12 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

Yea man... the truth is I look much better now than I did before ever working out (fat 255lbs 30% + bodyfat) but after you get used to looking a certain way (lean), you become ashamed of ANY visible fat. Idk... this game is a mindfvck lol.
    Hey GB! Your not kidding about it being a mindfvck lol. Thanks to you and 405 when I first came on this site I have since gained 15lbs. In the process I have a little extra in the stomach but nothing like I thought it would be with the increased intake of food. Anyway, I will be keeping track of your progress as I want to lean out in the near future. The exercise log is a nice example. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Southpole12 View Post
    Hey GB! Your not kidding about it being a mindfvck lol. Thanks to you and 405 when I first came on this site I have since gained 15lbs. In the process I have a little extra in the stomach but nothing like I thought it would be with the increased intake of food. Anyway, I will be keeping track of your progress as I want to lean out in the near future. The exercise log is a nice example. Thanks again!
    Awesome brother, always glad to hear of people making gains!

Re: putting on a bit of fat - it's to be expected. You'll know when it's time to pull back and switch priorities to cutting.

Found some old pics of me circa 2002 and thought it'd be fun to share these. Told ya I was a fat disgusting slob!! Have fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-geo-fat4.jpg   *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-geo-fat3.jpg   *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-geo-fat2.jpg   *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-geo-fat1.jpg  

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    subbed.

sawyer86 is offline Member
    hello gb, good log. cant believe thats you on those pics, youve made great changes! i like the look of the smoothie youve posted thinking about trying it as meal one. do you think its a beter alternative to having part egg whites part protein powder?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Lol GB I thought those were ur current pics when I first was them....

I was like 'fuk!!! He wasn't lying about him being embarrassed about his b4 pics' LMAO
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    subbed.
    Thx Mock!!

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86 View Post
    hello gb, good log. cant believe thats you on those pics, youve made great changes! i like the look of the smoothie youve posted thinking about trying it as meal one. do you think its a beter alternative to having part egg whites part protein powder?
    Thanks brother!! Yea man, I've come a long way but want to go much further!

Re: the shake - that's really up to you. I've been working on eliminating protein powders from my diet as much as possible, personal preference more than anything else. If you like it better with the powder, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Lol GB I thought those were ur current pics when I first was them....

I was like 'fuk!!! He wasn't lying about him being embarrassed about his b4 pics' LMAO
    Lmfao!! Nah man, I wouldn't let things get THAT out of hand!!

Out of curiosity, where would you put my BF% at in those pics?

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    keep thinking to cut down trhe bf% by 50% but if i work down to 185, mentally i might lose my shit as i wanna be 200 at 8% lol

curious what id look like at a lower weight

sawyer86 is offline Member
    im sure youl do it. you seem determand! i want to go further too never seems to happen tho.

Quote Originally Posted by mockery View Post
    keep thinking to cut down trhe bf% by 50% but if i work down to 185, mentally i might lose my shit as i wanna be 200 at 8% lol

curious what id look like at a lower weight
    Join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by sawyer86 View Post
    im sure youl do it. you seem determand! i want to go further too never seems to happen tho.
    It doesn't happen on its own man... you gotta make it happen. Push yourself outside of your comfort zone - THAT'S where the magic happens. I was 'taking it easy' in the gym for a while, but over the last 5 weeks I pushed myself hard and the progress I made was nothing short of amazing!

Having some fun with these old pics now! Just to put my progress into perspective - a near identical pose for comparison. My, what a difference good posture makes!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-geo-fat4.jpg   *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-img_2593.jpg  

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    WOW! its nice to reflect on your accomplishments, especially 10 years!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Ya fat fvck
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    WOW! its nice to reflect on your accomplishments, especially 10 years!
    Definitely! I don't even remember what it was like being that way... brings me back...

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Ya fat fvck
    Bahahha... yes sir I was!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100

Lmfao!! Nah man, I wouldn't let things get THAT out of hand!!

Out of curiosity, where would you put my BF% at in those pics?
    30-35%

I'm a terrible BF guesser tho
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    30-35%

I'm a terrible BF guesser tho
    I think it's spot on actually. I always figured mid 30's. Wow, what a horrible look for me. Terrible posture, big ass and hips, etc. I do NOT carry fat very well!

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Ahh nice to see you getting back on the cutting horse again!!! Definitely will be checking this thread often. I see good things coming soon!!!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    LOL on the pics GB.. u were a fat bastard! i think 30-35% is a good guess as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Papiriqui View Post
    Ahh nice to see you getting back on the cutting horse again!!! Definitely will be checking this thread often. I see good things coming soon!!!
    Thanks Pap!! Good to see you around, feels like it's been a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    LOL on the pics GB.. u were a fat bastard! i think 30-35% is a good guess as well..
    lol no doubt bro... I NEVER wanna go back there. Right now though I am the closest I've been (still not close, but CLOSEST) since ever losing the weight. Obviously I hold it differently now since my overall physique has changed. Very much looking forward to getting lean. First time I can actually say I'm looking FORWARD to dieting.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    lol no doubt bro... I NEVER wanna go back there. Right now though I am the closest I've been (still not close, but CLOSEST) since ever losing the weight. Obviously I hold it differently now since my overall physique has changed. Very much looking forward to getting lean. First time I can actually say I'm looking FORWARD to dieting.
    this is one thing that has made a tremendous impact on me as well. i have noticed even when i gain body fat (which i havent been over 15% since i originally lost all the weight) i still look WAY freaking better than i used to. i believe a lot of this has to do with the new physique i have been afforded by TRT. before TRT when i got fat i got titties and all that and on top of it i couldnt hold any muscle in my chest which made the titties even worse. at least now i think if i got in the upper teens approaching 20% id probably look more like a gorilla! LOL.. which is a hell of a lot better than a fat dude with titties!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    this is one thing that has made a tremendous impact on me as well. i have noticed even when i gain body fat (which i havent been over 15% since i originally lost all the weight) i still look WAY freaking better than i used to. i believe a lot of this has to do with the new physique i have been afforded by TRT. before TRT when i got fat i got titties and all that and on top of it i couldnt hold any muscle in my chest which made the titties even worse. at least now i think if i got in the upper teens approaching 20% id probably look more like a gorilla! LOL.. which is a hell of a lot better than a fat dude with titties!!! LOL
    It's definitely the transformation that's taken place under the fat. However, I still look pretty bad at this bodyfat - I still get titties, etc. but when I cut up, my chest is probably my best muscle group, so I can deal.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Morning' all, GB here (in case that wasn't obvious by the title). I'm officially opening this thread which will serve to document my spring 2013 cut. I hope you'll follow along and take this journey with me while I attempt to get into the best shape of my life!

The cut officially starts Monday, 3/4 and will run for 12 weeks initially. At the end of 12 weeks, i'll assess my progress and decide what to do from there - but I have a very strong hunch i'll continue to cut for at least another 4 weeks.

I plan to log my daily workouts, but will probably not be logging diet on a daily basis - I just find it tedious and boring, especially since I'll be eating the same foods/quantities every day for the most part. I intend to keep this cut very clean. As such, my diet will consist of (but not be limited to):

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
    Whole eggs
    Liquid Egg whites (these will be a main source @ 1 quart/day equating to roughly 100g protein)
    Protein Powders (sparingly, likely just PWO shake)
    1% Milkfat No Salt Added cottage cheese (sparingly as I am looking to keep dairy intake to a minimum)
    Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (same as above)
    95/5 lean ground beef
    top sirloin
    Pork Chops and tenderloin
    tuna
    tilapia
    cod
    salmon

Oats (main carb source)
    Rice
    Whole Grain Pasta (sparingly, no more than 2x weekly)
    Quinoa
    Potato/sweet potato
    Whole Grain Bread (sparingly)

avacado (when possible)
    Natty PB (sparingly, because i'm addicted)
    Fish oil

Veggies - all kinds, most often in the form of a smoothie or juice (homemade)

Fruits will not make the 'cut'.

I will be carb cycling using a similar plan that I used last year which got me into my avy shape:

Monday - moderate carb (275/100/50) (P/C/F)
    Tuesday - moderate carb (275/100/50)
    Wednesday - moderate carb (275/100/50)

Thursday - no starchy carb (275/0/50) Fibrous veggies only!
    Friday - no starchy carb (275/0/50) Fibrous veggies only!
    Saturday - no starchy carb (275/0/50) Fibrous veggies only!

Sunday - carb refeed/high carb (275/250/50) YAY!!

Supplements:
    Animal Pak (multi)
    Pregnenelone
    DHEA
    D3
    B complex
    Nettle Root
    Bromelaine
    Betaine
    Chromium Polynicotinate
    Fish oil caps

Haven't decided yet whether or not i'll try a cutting stack such as Animal Cuts, but may be worth giving a shot.

I will be working out Monday-Friday, cardio only on Saturday, and a complete rest day on Sunday, my refeed. My goal, needless to say, is to blast bodyfat and maintain as much LBM as possible. I will provide up to date stats Monday morning (which will be skewed since I'm planning a weekend of food debauchery before starting this brutal cut!), but as of right now:

Current Stats
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: ~215lbs
    BF%: ~17%
    LBM: 179lbs
    BF: 36lbs

Goal:
    Weight: ~195lbs
    BF%: 10% (or lower)

The above numbers are assuming I lose only bodyfat and maintain roughly 179lbs lean. We all know that's not going to happen, but I'm trying to stay as close as possible. Ideally, I won't drop below 190lbs unless I get much lower than 10%.

That's it for now guys, I hope you'll subscribe and help keep me motivated! I'm fine tuning some details over the next few days and will officially start logging Monday. Until then, i'm happy to answer any questions you may have - also open to any criticisms pertaining to my plan although you haven't yet seen it in it's entirety.
    Good luck with achieving your goal GB, I will keep an interested eye on your log

Having some fun with these old pics now! Just to put my progress into perspective - a near identical pose for comparison. My, what a difference good posture makes!!
    Nice transformation bro, impressive

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Good luck with achieving your goal GB, I will keep an interested eye on your log
    Nice transformation bro, impressive
    Thanks brother!! I need to get over to your log as well... bad GB.

Thanks brother!! I need to get over to your log as well... bad GB.
    Your diet looks similar to mine. Im following Lyle McDonalds cycling ketogenic diet (the ultimate diet 2.0) I doing 4 depletion days. With a 36 hour carb refeed ( the whole diets based around workouts) it's working a treat, the fats melting off

Your diet looks similar to mine. Im following Lyle McDonalds cycling ketogenic diet (the ultimate diet 2.0) I doing 4 depletion days. With a 36 hour carb refeed ( the whole diets based around workouts) it's working a treat, the fats melting off
    Yep, my plan is somewhat similar. After 3 days of depletion, i'm only scratching the surface of ketosis, but my plan isn't considered CKD and the goal isn't to get into full blown ketosis, only to optimize fat mobilization/burning during the depletion days.

Yep, my plan is somewhat similar. After 3 days of depletion, i'm only scratching the surface of ketosis, but my plan isn't considered CKD and the goal isn't to get into full blown ketosis, only to optimize fat mobilization/burning during the depletion days.
    Yeah same ketotis is not the goal on my diet, but you do dip in and out of it.

Im gonna follow your progress, hoping to learn a trick or two along to way

Yeah same ketotis is not the goal on my diet, but you do dip in and out of it.

Im gonna follow your progress, hoping to learn a trick or two along to way
    Thanks man, I'm really planning to kill it this time around, hopefully i'll learn a few things along the way as well!

Does this make you feel ANY better about your fat pics?

Name:  before.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  19.6 KB

Wow man... when is this from?

I'm really proud of both of us; we've come a helluva long way!!!

Ha ha, I wanna say last week and superimpose an up to date newspaper on it and use it in the upcoming comp lol

Took a year off everything and travelled the world so that would make the pic late 2007.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Ha ha, I wanna say last week and superimpose an up to date newspaper on it and use it in the upcoming comp lol
    Lmao!!

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

WOW!

i think i will have to search for one of my real fat pics as well!

Fine tuning my plan. I've decided i'll be doing 4 meals/day plus a PWO shake. Only 4 meals because a) meal frequency has zero bearing on metabolism, so I feel no need to eat every 2-3 hours, and b) because I don't enjoy eating like a bird, nor do I enjoy being a slave to the kitchen and clock. As such, here's what my moderate carb days (Mon/Tues/Wed) will breakdown to:

Daily goal: 300g protein, 105g carbs, 50g fat - 2070 calories

Meal 1: 5am - Preworkout - 60g protein, 35g carbs, 12g fat

PWO Shake: 8am - 60g protein, 35g carbs, trace fats (roughly 3g)

Meal 2: 11am - 60g protein, 35g carbs, 12g fat

Meal 3: 3pm - 60g protein, trace carbs, 12g fat

Meal 4: 7pm - 60g protein, trace carbs, 12g fat

I go to bed sometime between 9pm - 10pm, and will be taking BCAA's immediately before hitting the pillow, just for some peace of mind.

There you have it - nice and simple - and effective. Who says you have to rack your brain to diet???

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm assuming youre eating lots of egg whites, hopefully you don't blow youre partner out of bed

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread Information