Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    I'm assuming youre eating lots of egg whites, hopefully you don't blow youre partner out of bed
    1 quart per day... and yea, my wife pretty much hates me!!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Found some old pics of me circa 2002 and thought it'd be fun to share these. Told ya I was a fat disgusting slob!! Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Does this make you feel ANY better about your fat pics?

Attachment 134271

had to put mine in here LOL: well i tried to get all 3 of our fat pics to show up but i suck.. maybe someone else can do it LOL..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-original-2.jpg   *** Gbrice's Cutting Progress Log v2.0 ***-photo-1-.jpg  

^^ you might have been a fatter bastard than both me AND BiB, but at least you had some muscle under there. I had nothing, and from what I can tell, neither did he!

^^ you might have been a fatter bastard than both me AND BiB, but at least you had some muscle under there. I had nothing, and from what I can tell, neither did he!
    LOL.. well at 213lbs 26.6% bf if there was any muscle i sure as hell cant tell!

we were all 3 fat bastards.. thats for damn sure!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I hadn't lifted for a year so I definitely didn't. I still had less fat than you fatter fatties though
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Got my meals worked out for the most part for my 3 moderate carb days. Here's what they'll look like:

5am (meal 1 preworkout): my protein smoothie:
    1/2 cup oats
    1 scoop protein powder
    1/2 cup 1% milkfat cottage cheese
    1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
    3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup liquid egg whites
    tbsp instant coffee
    tbsp cacao powder
    3 packets stevia
    2 tsp natty PB
    1 cup crushed ice

66g protein, 38g carbs, 13g fat

8am (pwo shake)
    1 scoop ON Pro Complex
    1 scoop ON Casein
    1/2 cup oats

61g protein, 26g carbs, 4g fat

11am (meal 2)
    8oz 95/5 lean ground beef
    1oz (dry) Barilla Plus pasta
    1/2 cup tomato sauce

56g protein, 29g carbs, 16g fat

3pm (meal 3)
    2.5 cups liquid egg whites
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    3 fish oil caps

62g protein, 12g carbs, 6.5g fat

7pm (meal 4)
    2 whole large eggs
    1 cup liquid egg whites
    3 slices lean Canadian bacon
    3 fish oil caps

47g protein, 5g carbs, 14.5g fat

Totals: 290g protein, 110g carbs, 58g fat - 2091 calories

Veggies will come mainly by way of juicing and/or smoothies in the latter part of the day.

This is what I'll start with and adjust as needed. Remember that this is only for 3 of 7 days. My 3 no-carb days will look similar to this but the starchy carbs will be dropped all together. As a result, some food choices will change (pasta + meat sauce for example). I'll be around 1600 calories/day for those 3 depletion days.
    Last edited by gbrice75; 03-01-2013 at 02:40 PM.
    OKCYA likes this.

Brick is offline Member
    Subscribed buddy!

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Like your egg protein powder substitute.

Q: I have read that if you don't cook your eggs/egg whites that you don't absorb all the protein vs cooked. Is there any truth behind this?

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Subscribed buddy!
    Nice, glad to have you aboard!

Q: I have read that if you don't cook your eggs/egg whites that you don't absorb all the protein vs cooked. Is there any truth behind this?
    It is true that the protein in cooked eggs is more bioavailable than that of raw eggs. This is a result of something found in eggs called Avidin. Basically, it binds to some of the protein making it unavailable for usage. Cooking eggs destroys avidin.

Now keep in mind that liquid egg whites are liquid, but not raw - they're pasteurized, meaning they've been heated to kill salmonella and other bacteria (same as milk). I've researched this pretty extensively, and to the best of my findings, the pasteurization process heats the egg up enough to destroy the avidin, thereby making it's protein content nearly 100% bioavailable.

Brick is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Nice, glad to have you aboard!

It is true that the protein in cooked eggs is more bioavailable than that of raw eggs. This is a result of something found in eggs called Avidin. Basically, it binds to some of the protein making it unavailable for usage. Cooking eggs destroys avidin.

Now keep in mind that liquid egg whites are liquid, but not raw - they're pasteurized, meaning they've been heated to kill salmonella and other bacteria (same as milk). I've researched this pretty extensively, and to the best of my findings, the pasteurization process heats the egg up enough to destroy the avidin, thereby making it's protein content nearly 100% bioavailable.
    You just rocked my world bro.

Costco here I come!

You just rocked my world bro.

Costco here I come!
    Good luck with the farting. My wife and entire team at work hate me.

Brick is offline Member
    I decided to see how many hot dogs + buns I could eat instead. 12 in 8 mins. Not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Brick
    I decided to see how many hot dogs + buns I could eat instead. 12 in 8 mins. Not bad
    Really!? Why!?

hmm i kind of have a hankering for a few hot dogs now! maybe 2 chili dogs and 2 regular maybe slaw dogs.. mmmmmmmmmm

morning GB! having a fat boy breakfast??

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    hmm i kind of have a hankering for a few hot dogs now! maybe 2 chili dogs and 2 regular maybe slaw dogs.. mmmmmmmmmm

morning GB! having a fat boy breakfast??
    Not really tbh. A box of Krave cereal, a protein shake and 1 cup egg whites. Wtf is wrong with me!?! I can't even binge properly! Oh well, I guess that's a good thing.

Had some awesome Chinese food last night though, and prob gonna hit Wendy's today.

come middle of next week u will wish u had when ur all hungry and stuff!

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Subscribed!

Brick is offline Member

Really!? Why!?
    Is was either that or eat healthy. I made a poor choice

CookiesNCream is offline Female Member

Not really tbh. A box of Krave cereal, a protein shake and 1 cup egg whites. Wtf is wrong with me!?! I can't even binge properly! Oh well, I guess that's a good thing.

Had some awesome Chinese food last night though, and prob gonna hit Wendy's today.
    What's with all the fuss about Krave cereal?!? I've never tried it. Is it really as good as everyone makes it out to be? I'm a cereal monster so maybe it's best never trying it lol. I could eat a whole box no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69
    Subscribed!
    Thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brick

Is was either that or eat healthy. I made a poor choice
    We all do!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondee

What's with all the fuss about Krave cereal?!? I've never tried it. Is it really as good as everyone makes it out to be? I'm a cereal monster so maybe it's best never trying it lol. I could eat a whole box no problem.
    To be blunt - it's fcking awesome, IMO. This coming from a fellow cereal monster!

I love the idea of just buying the "raw materials," I.E. chicken breast, egg whites, oats, etc. that you will eat and making it all fit into your plan. Seems so much easier than shopping for ingredients for meals.

To be blunt - it's fcking awesome, IMO. This coming from a fellow cereal monster! [/QUOTE]

I am DEFINITELY not buying it then haha. From one cereal monster to another, thank you for saving me from a cereal binge. I am cereal free for over a year lol. That's a BIG deal. I will live vicariously through you gbrice

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Chinese food, then wendy's, sounds like me except id have some buffalo wings in there somewhere and a bliizard, when i cheat i cheat

Quote Originally Posted by Blondee
    I am DEFINITELY not buying it then haha. From one cereal monster to another, thank you for saving me from a cereal binge. I am cereal free for over a year lol. That's a BIG deal. I will live vicariously through you gbrice
    lol yea... I think I definitely did you a favor. It's true to its name - the stuff is addictive. Scuse' me now while I go pour a bowl... and make 4 eggs... and French toast.... and a pound of bacon... and 1/2 a pineapple.... and corned beef hash.... and....and...

Quote Originally Posted by joebailey1271

Chinese food, then wendy's, sounds like me except id have some buffalo wings in there somewhere and a bliizard, when i cheat i cheat
    Thx JB. Buffalo wings added to the hit list. I have today only! Now if only a Hooter's were closer...

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    lol yea... I think I definitely did you a favor. It's true to its name - the stuff is addictive. Scuse' me now while I go pour a bowl... and make 4 eggs... and French toast.... and a pound of bacon... and 1/2 a pineapple.... and corned beef hash.... and....and...

Thx JB. Buffalo wings added to the hit list. I have today only! Now if only a Hooter's were closer...
    Make the most of it mate!

ok THE DAY is here is it not? now where the heck are u?? better not be in the buffet line..

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    Make the most of it mate!
    lol, thanks man, I tried! To be honest, I was surprised to find that I really wasn't in the mood to binge. I had a few good meals, but it felt more like a task, something I wanted to get over with, rather than something I was enjoying. I guess that's a good thing. I'm realizing that I want to eat the foods I want to eat WHEN I want to eat them (which won't work with this lifestyle). Setting aside a day or two to 'cram it all in' isn't very pleasant. Then again, it's not like I was coming off a cut or carbless diet. We'll see if I still feel this way after a few weeks of cutting!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    ok THE DAY is here is it not? now where the heck are u?? better not be in the buffet line..
    Yea man, today's the day! I'll log my workout in a separate post. Thanks for checking in on me though... glad my supporters are here before me!

Day 1

Woke up, feeling kinda tired, it was very easy to get used to sleeping an extra two hours even though it was only a week... feels like a month!!! Had my preworkout meal (GB's protein smoothie), showered and get er' done!

Chest and Back

Decline Dumbbell Press: 4x8
    Set 1: 110lbs x 9
    Set 2: 110lbs x 8
    Set 3: 100lbs x 8
    Set 4: 100lbs x 8

Flat Dumbbell Fly: 4x8
    Set 1: 60lbs x 8
    Set 2: 60lbs x 8
    Set 3: 60lbs x 8
    Set 4: 60lbs x 8

Superset

Pullups: 3 x failure
    Set 1: bodyweight x 10
    Set 2: bodyweight x 6
    Set 3: +50lbs weight assist x 8

(Such a fat bastard these days, I can barely do pullups. What's nice is that as I drop weight, i'll increase my reps dramatically and will likely start adding weight again

Decline Dumbbell Pullover: 3x12
    Set 1: 100lbs x 12
    Set 2: 100lbs x 12
    Set 3: 90lbs x 12

Superset

V-bar chins: 3x8
    Set 1: bodyweight x 8
    Set 2: bodyweight x 8
    Set 3: bodyweight x 8

One Arm Dumbbell Row: 3x12
    Set 1: 80lbs x 12/12
    Set 2: 80lbs x 12/12
    Set 3: 75lbs x 12/12

Felt very nauseous after my workout. Possibly hit it too hard after a week off... it's amazing how quickly your body adjusts to resting!

Was only able to get in 30 mins of cardio (supposed to do 45) due to time constraints. I need to get my workout done in a shorter time. This is a good challenge because it means shorter rests and therefore, a more cardio-intensive environment.

Kept cardio light today until I get back into the swing of doing it (it's been MONTHS... can't remember the last time I did it). 15 mins walk on the treadmill 4.0 with a 4.0 incline. 15 mins on the elliptical. Done!

Had my pwo shake (1 scoop ON casein, 1 scoop ON Pro Complex and 1/2 cup oats) and looking forward to feeling 'cleansed' over the next several days, particularly during my no-carb days. I'm feeling very bloated and uncomfortable right now.

If I take more than a few days off with cardio, I feel it. Two weeks, and it really starts to suck! I try not to think about the fact that if I want to stay healthy, I need to do it for the rest of my life. Cardio is NOT my favorite activity!

Love that you add oats to your shake. I do that too, I really think it helps digestion and better absorption of the protein.

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    If I take more than a few days off with cardio, I feel it. Two weeks, and it really starts to suck! I try not to think about the fact that if I want to stay healthy, I need to do it for the rest of my life. Cardio is NOT my favorite activity!
    lol... try 6 months or more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    Love that you add oats to your shake. I do that too, I really think it helps digestion and better absorption of the protein.
    Yea, been doing it for years now. I don't know that it helps with digestion, but at the very least you'll get some insulin circulating.

LOL on the pull ups. i had to read it twice to understand. it did not occur to me at first u actually needed assistance with doing them on the 4th set! i also had a hard time understanding the 3rd set u could only do 6 reps! LOL.. u havent been doing them this whole time or have u actually lost reps as u gained weight?

id also like to note pull ups used to be my weakest exercise. i could only do like 3 of em! now i can probably do 25-30..

LOL on the pull ups. i had to read it twice to understand. it did not occur to me at first u actually needed assistance with doing them on the 4th set! i also had a hard time understanding the 3rd set u could only do 6 reps! LOL.. u havent been doing them this whole time or have u actually lost reps as u gained weight?

id also like to note pull ups used to be my weakest exercise. i could only do like 3 of em! now i can probably do 25-30..
    Both. I haven't done em' in a while (been favoring lat pulldown which is admittedly a somewhat less effective exercise IMO), AND naturally, I lose reps as my weight increases. When I'm down around 190 or so, I can bang em' out no problem. It's also a matter of getting used to the movement again. I guarantee you by next week I'll already be much better.

yeh i suppose since i sucked so bad at chins until last year i always include them. i have medial epicondylitis so i have to be careful doing them and usually warm up with lighter pull downs and sometimes wear a strap on my left arm..

u gonna post starting pics at the end??

yeh i suppose since i sucked so bad at chins until last year i always include them. i have medial epicondylitis so i have to be careful doing them and usually warm up with lighter pull downs and sometimes wear a strap on my left arm..

u gonna post starting pics at the end??
    Hadn't thought about it... but that's a damn good idea! I don't want to post em' now because it's embarrassing... but if I post em' at the end i'll already be shredded (God willing) and it won't matter. Great idea bro, I think I will do just that.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Nice to see you are off to a good start! I am starting today as well.

Hadn't thought about it... but that's a damn good idea! I don't want to post em' now because it's embarrassing... but if I post em' at the end i'll already be shredded (God willing) and it won't matter. Great idea bro, I think I will do just that.
    ur welcome buddy! u know once ur lean it doesnt make a crap how fat u "WERE"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Nice to see you are off to a good start! I am starting today as well.
    Always happy to have others on board the suffering ride!!

ur welcome buddy! u know once ur lean it doesnt make a crap how fat u "WERE"
    Definitely!!

Fuuukkk!!! I am so not used to a caloric deficit... getting hungry... must.. fight... through... the... PAIN!!!

Good news is, it only gets easier from here. It's sort of like a detox.

Fuuukkk!!! I am so not used to a caloric deficit... getting hungry... must.. fight... through... the... PAIN!!!

that didnt take long.. LOL.. (rubbing my hands together and smiling)

Drink green tea till your little hearts content. It'll keep you busy peeing so you won't have time to think about food! tetley makes so many good flavours... I'm addicted.. These are my favourites.. But I feel ya on the hunger, it sucks. BUT, you'll look shredded as hell which will make it all worth it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2880492079.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	525.4 KB 
ID:	134428

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread Information