Duke is offline New Member

Multiple Carb questions...looking for answers.

Hey guys...I have a few various carb questions that I would appreciate if I could get answered.

1. What is dextrose? Why use it in my postworkout meal? Where can I get it?

2. I have been cutting for about 3 weeks now and have had my carbs at about 400g daily which is about 1.7g per pound of bodyweight. I've been doing 3 sessions of 45 minute cardio (in the morning before eating) a week also. I have read in various posts of people only eating 100 or so grams of carbs daily. Am I eating too many carbs while cutting? Im tryin to be cut in 9 more weeks.

3. As of now I have been eating 5 meals a day and have been getting about 65g of protein in my postworkout shake and 190g carbs. This is because I had read in Flex that the postworkout meal should have a ratio of 4:1 (carbsrotein). I have read though here that many people get less carbs. Should I take away carbs or stick with it?

Thanks!

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member
    RE: Question #2

If you're cutting, dump the carbs...period.

I'd certainly say that you'd want to keep them to (worst-case) no more than 200g./day and probably more like 150g or less if you can tolerate that.

I'd wager that if you slice your carb intake in half, you'll see a tremendous upswing in your fat loss in a very short period of time.

Worked for me: I've lost 4+ inches off my waist in ~10 weeks and ~8% bf with a standard weight workout and 18-21 miles/week on the treadmill while at the same time taking in no more than 150-200g./carb/day.

Never had results like that on a high carb diet and the only thing that I can comparable it to is a cyclical keto diet.

I'd also suggest (and others will, too) that you may want to bag some r-ALA to aid in your carb disposal (do a search on that for tons of info).

Hope that helps.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    SEARCH, most of your answers can be found in the numberous posts in the diet section on cutting.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by painintheazz
    SEARCH, most of your answers can be found in the numberous posts in the diet section on cutting.

Pain
    Yup Yup!!!

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Short_Guy
    RE: Question #2

If you're cutting, dump the carbs...period.

agreed. keep your carbs low as possible with your Proteins & Fats high. that way you don't loose muscle mass when you drop the body fat. maybe 100 - 150g of Carbs per day with about 250 - 300g of Protein. depends on your body's height & weight.

Low Calories + Low Carbs + High Protein = loosing weight & building muscle at the same time.

Thread Information