MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST

Lean Ground Beef with Basmati Rice and Taco Seasoning for flavoring- anyone make it?

I was wondering if anyone makes something similar to this and I was thinking of just mixing everything together

So basically some 95% lean ground beef, cooking it.
    Cooking some basmati rice.
    Mixing it together and putting some of the Taco Seasoning on it and mixing it together.

In my mind it sounds good but was wondering if anyone else makes something similar.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I mix my ground beef with quinoa in a frying pan, both cooked already obviously. Fry it up with some garlic,onion and mushrooms. Dump it over a bowl of spinach..it makes the spinach all soft. Effin delicious. I don't use the taco mix personally, I try and avoid most sodium

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    never tried it like that although my wife has found an awesome recipe with like 10 mexican style spices, chicken, rice, black beans, corn all in a casserole. the whole thing has like 350g carbs, 20g fat, 150g protein..

also i like ground beef, brn rice, reduced sugar ketchup (im thinking of making my own), tobasco, garlic, black pepper all mixed in a bowl and eat with a big spoon.. one of my fave meals.

i also sautee beef with a whole vidalia onion and red, yellow, or orange bell pepper in 1/2TBSP EVOO.. i cook onion and pepper first to caramelize in the evoo and then throw the beef in. this is also good with venison burger!

Thread Information