Thread: Sweet tooth

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Sweet tooth

My wife has a horrible sweet tooth at night, any suggestions on what she could eat that has a sweet taste without busting her diet.

-TroN-

aussie1 is offline Banned
    )))

Quote Originally Posted by aussie1
    )))
    What?

-TroN-

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sugar free jello... no nutritional value but it should satisfy a sweet tooth.

If you/she wants something a bit more substantial, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with sugar-free jam/jelly mixed in. I've used all kinds of different flavors, pretty decent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75
    Sugar free jello... no nutritional value but it should satisfy a sweet tooth.

If you/she wants something a bit more substantial, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with sugar-free jam/jelly mixed in. I've used all kinds of different flavors, pretty decent IMO.
    Hmmm I'll pass it on, thanks gb

-TroN-

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Have her eat a smalllot helpingjunk food but also a huge cup of water so shes full.. the small amount wont hurt her diet and her being full from the water will satisfy her. I use this trick a lot because im diabetic and have to trick my body a lot, so i know it works.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich4
    Have her eat a smalllot helpingjunk food but also a huge cup of water so shes full.. the small amount wont hurt her diet and her being full from the water will satisfy her. I use this trick a lot because im diabetic and have to trick my body a lot, so i know it works.
    ^^ really?

Or she can just eat something decent that's still sweet and serves it's purpose, i.e. satisfying a craving. Satisfying a craving with what you're craving is called giving in.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    How about a protein bar? Low cal Ice Lollipop, fruit.

bigrich4 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    ^^ really?

Or she can just eat something decent that's still sweet and serves it's purpose, i.e. satisfying a craving. Satisfying a craving with what you're craving is called giving in.
    ^^ yes really
    i didnt say have a ice cream sunday with a cup of water. I said something small.. it wont kill a person and it isn't "giving in" if you have a small sweet snack. Maybe i should have listed a few things but i thought saying something small woild be enough. I was thinking something like 1 cookie or something.. i wasnt saying anything crazy. I know that eating clean all day everyday makes a person go nuts ao its not bad to throw someone a treat.

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    sugar free jello was my savior. i have a hell of a sweet tooth at night and sf jello was the best ive found.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrich4

^^ yes really
    i didnt say have a ice cream sunday with a cup of water. I said something small.. it wont kill a person and it isn't "giving in" if you have a small sweet snack. Maybe i should have listed a few things but i thought saying something small woild be enough. I was thinking something like 1 cookie or something.. i wasnt saying anything crazy. I know that eating clean all day everyday makes a person go nuts ao its not bad to throw someone a treat.
    I understand what you meant.

I don't know about you, but in my case (and I assume a lot of the people who frequent this section who wouldn't be here in the first place otherwise), there is no 'small serving' of something I'm craving. I have a food addiction, more accurately, a sugar addiction (quite a real condition). Allowing a little bit usually means going overboard. Yes, it's a self control issue. For me, that means cutting it out all together (assuming the goal at hand is to reduce bodyfat) with the exception of planned cheats. Personally, if I can satisfy the problem (sweet tooth) with something that won't potentially create additional problems for me, I believe it's the better and more responsible option.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon

Quote Originally Posted by cj111
    Burned sweet potatoes with cinnamon
    ^^ fixed!

Provita is offline Associate Member
    You get sugar free fruity bits/sweets (made fore diabetics). Some brands I've tried is actually very tasty!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    i remember browngirl actually enjoyed sugar free jello and fat free coolwhip both mixed in her cottage cheese .. this reminds me i need to try this!

my favorite pre bed snack (dont like the word but it is kind of a snack):
    250g frozen blueberries (defrosted so they arent frozen but still cold - i emphasozed frozen blueberries cuz i think they are better for this than fresh )
    250g 2% fat cottage cheese
    big ass spoonful sugar free smuckers strawberry preserves

mix smuckers and cottage cheese with fork (blends it best) and then stir in blueberries.. it is awesome and i have eaten this every night before bed for about a month now.. (this is kinda expensive habit! LOL)

she would prob be fine with like 100g of each BTW..

Thread Information