Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lady Warmouth is offline Banned

New Female Needing Help!

Hello to all. I have been directed to this section in order to get assistance in losing some body fat, but build muscle at the same time. I have picures up, along with all of my statistics in the competition thread. I am struggling with getting my body to change, and I cant seem to figure out my diet. You guys (Stem and GirlyGymRat) gave my husband some advice to give me a few weeks ago, but I need to talk about this myself so the translation is not lost.
    I think that I have accomplished the diet given, but I am not dropping fat at all. I feel my TDEE is higher than my stats show because I am at teh gym at least 5 days a week, but more like 6. I have been in the gym since I was in my late teens, but for the last 5 years I have been busting my butt consistantly. I was very active in sports throughout my childhood on up til I graduated high school. I played softball. I have always been active and on the go, never once have I been lazy. Even off days from work, if I'm not at the gym, I am cleaning, running, all kinds of stuff. I cant sit still. I say my TDEE is higher because of my workout schedule. It is spin class, high intensity, 4 days a week for 1 hour. I lift 4-5 days a week on top of that. Due to my work schedule, I end up spinning before my lifting sessions 2 times a week. Spinning isnt my only cardio. I also run a few miles a week. My lifting schedule lasts around 20-30 minutes if I am alone, up to an hour if my husband is working out with me. I lift with high intensity as well because I workout with my husband and thats how he does it.
    As far as my eating, I am very strict about what I put in my body. I eat very clean, and I dont eat any junk foods. When my husband is snacking on M and Ms or greek yogurt, I dont. I am very conscious about my foods. I dont eat after dinner, unless I eat some pistachios or almonds. I am just so sick of busting it so hard and not even feeling like any progress is being made. Ive been stuck here for years. It is very frustrating to be doing everything right and exercising so much, and feel like it isnt doing anything for me.
    Last thing, and I think I am done (or you guys hope so LOL). I am always hungry. I can eat at any given time, but I do refrain most of the time. I dont know how to control my hunger, and it makes my grumpy. I feel like I am starving myself with the diet I am on, but I know I am not (see pictures). Maybe you guys can help me find a way to curb my appetite. My husband told me that GNC fat burners were a waste, so I just have my morning coffee instead. He also told me that he felt that real thermogenics like albuterol, clenbuterol , and T3 were probably safer because they are studied and the effects are known, as well as the ingredients. He did tell me that he would rather me not use clenbuterol, and showed me studies on it, as well as posts here that show long term heart damage. Now I am not about taking illegal substances, not only because of my job, but I am very cautious about taking anything because I dont want to risk any type of health problems, either short or long term.
    I just need some help. Being as I live in a small town, there is no one that can help me locally. My goals are much different than the average woman just wanting to be skinny. I want to be built. I want muscle definition and development. PLEASE HELP!
    So here is what I ate today, and is my typical daily diet(except my 1 cheat day).

6:00am Breakfast - 1/2 cup Oatmeal with 12 grams of protien powder and PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    10am Snack - Banana
    12:00pm Lunch - Sweet potato and 4oz roasted chicken
    2:00pm Snack - 15 pretzyl chips
    6:30pm Post Workout - Protien shake 20 grams(hydrolized whey)
    8:00pm Dinner - 6oz lean steak, 1/2 cup cooked kale(sauteed in EVOO), 1/4 cup of white rice(normally eat brown, but hubby cooked white

P.S. I dont care about how much I weigh. Weight doesnt matter at all to me. All I want is less fat and more muscle. I dont like scales, I use mirrors. Scales just seem to depress me. If I weighted 200 pounds and looked good, I would be fine with that, even though that is a little bit of an exaggeration. Thank you guys for reading this over.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What's the macro breakdown for ur diet?

-TroN-

It is 50% protein, 30% carb, 20% fat. At least that is what I was recommended to do from members here. Sometimes it works out more like 60%, 20%, and 20%. It would be some much easier for me with 33,33,33, ha ha ha. I'm sure that wouldnt be good though

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warmouth
    It is 50% protein, 30% carb, 20% fat. At least that is what I was recommended to do from members here. Sometimes it works out more like 60%, 20%, and 20%. It would be some much easier for me with 33,33,33, ha ha ha. I'm sure that wouldnt be good though
    How long have u been on this diet?

-TroN-

Oh and hey war...wtf is this u snacking on m&m's?b you've been out on blast! Now go to the corner! :P

-TroN-

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219 View Post
    Oh and hey war...wtf is this u snacking on m&m's?b you've been out on blast! Now go to the corner! :P

-TroN-
    Ahhhhhhh! I don't know what that's about. I only eat lean protien for snacks

She has been on this diet for about 2 months I guess.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Hello to all. I have been directed to this section in order to get assistance in losing some body fat, but build muscle at the same time. I have picures up, along with all of my statistics in the competition thread. I am struggling with getting my body to change, and I cant seem to figure out my diet. You guys (Stem and GirlyGymRat) gave my husband some advice to give me a few weeks ago, but I need to talk about this myself so the translation is not lost.
    I think that I have accomplished the diet given, but I am not dropping fat at all. I feel my TDEE is higher than my stats show because I am at teh gym at least 5 days a week, but more like 6. I have been in the gym since I was in my late teens, but for the last 5 years I have been busting my butt consistantly. I was very active in sports throughout my childhood on up til I graduated high school. I played softball. I have always been active and on the go, never once have I been lazy. Even off days from work, if I'm not at the gym, I am cleaning, running, all kinds of stuff. I cant sit still. I say my TDEE is higher because of my workout schedule. It is spin class, high intensity, 4 days a week for 1 hour. I lift 4-5 days a week on top of that. Due to my work schedule, I end up spinning before my lifting sessions 2 times a week. Spinning isnt my only cardio. I also run a few miles a week. My lifting schedule lasts around 20-30 minutes if I am alone, up to an hour if my husband is working out with me. I lift with high intensity as well because I workout with my husband and thats how he does it.
    As far as my eating, I am very strict about what I put in my body. I eat very clean, and I dont eat any junk foods. When my husband is snacking on M and Ms or greek yogurt, I dont. I am very conscious about my foods. I dont eat after dinner, unless I eat some pistachios or almonds. I am just so sick of busting it so hard and not even feeling like any progress is being made. Ive been stuck here for years. It is very frustrating to be doing everything right and exercising so much, and feel like it isnt doing anything for me.
    Last thing, and I think I am done (or you guys hope so LOL). I am always hungry. I can eat at any given time, but I do refrain most of the time. I dont know how to control my hunger, and it makes my grumpy. I feel like I am starving myself with the diet I am on, but I know I am not (see pictures). Maybe you guys can help me find a way to curb my appetite. My husband told me that GNC fat burners were a waste, so I just have my morning coffee instead. He also told me that he felt that real thermogenics like albuterol, clenbuterol , and T3 were probably safer because they are studied and the effects are known, as well as the ingredients. He did tell me that he would rather me not use clenbuterol, and showed me studies on it, as well as posts here that show long term heart damage. Now I am not about taking illegal substances, not only because of my job, but I am very cautious about taking anything because I dont want to risk any type of health problems, either short or long term.
    I just need some help. Being as I live in a small town, there is no one that can help me locally. My goals are much different than the average woman just wanting to be skinny. I want to be built. I want muscle definition and development. PLEASE HELP!
    So here is what I ate today, and is my typical daily diet(except my 1 cheat day).

6:00am Breakfast - 1/2 cup Oatmeal with 12 grams of protien powder and PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
    10am Snack - Banana
    2:00pm Snack - 15 pretzyl chips
    6:30pm Post Workout - Protien shake 20 grams(hydrolized whey)
    8:00pm Dinner - 6oz lean steak, 1/2 cup cooked kale(sauteed in EVOO), 1/4 cup of white rice(normally eat brown, but hubby cooked white
    Hi lady.
    Thx for posting your diet. Do u have any food allergies that we need to know about??

A few things I would recommend:

Protein powder reliance is not preferred. Can u eat eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese.

Bananas I luv them but they are not a prize for cutting. Replace with veggies.

Lunch. Maybe replace sweet potatoes with leafy veggies. And move this sweet potato to pre workout with a lean protein source.

Pretzels. Hmmmm. You can do better

Take the rice at dinner and slide into post workout drink. Oats could work here.

The carbs from rice are not well placed here. You don't need them to fuel a workout . You can eat more kale. Fill up on it for dinner.

Okay fellas/mods. What do you think!!!!

I was leaning towards too much cardio. What ggr recommended is solid advice but it isn't gonna make or break a diet. Even with that exact diet, you should b seeing a composition change. If u enjoy the workout the way u have it if recommend increasing ur calories a bit. Prolly start with 500, ur doing A LOT of cardio! Plus weight training on the side while being in a deficit. However, I recommend you dial the cardio back and increase the weight training. Ur macro split SHOULD be fine, but may need tweaking on the carb/fat side. Id recommend lowering the carbs first, slowly. How's ur blood sugar levels? Do u have symptoms of low blood sugar?

-TroN-
    Last edited by Tron3219; 03-20-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219
    I was leaning towards too much cardio. What ggr recommended is solid advice but it isn't gonna make or break a diet. Even with that exact diet, you should b seeing a composition change. If u enjoy the workout the way u have it if recommend increasing ur calories a bit. Prolly start with 500, ur doing A LOT of cardio! Plus weight training on the side while being in a deficit. However, I recommend you dial the cardio back and increase the weight training. Ur macro split SHOULD be fine, but may need tweaking on the carb/fat side. Id recommend lowering the carbs first, slowly. How's ur blood sugar levels? Do u have symptoms of low blood sugar?

-TroN-
    We think alike re cardio. Coming from a spinning addict myself.

I bet she burns 6000+ cals a week between cardio and lifting. PLUS a deficit...she's probably at a net cal of 500 or less. I wouldn't recommend her net cal ever to go under 1200.

-TroN-

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    LW what r ur stats? age weight height bf%

what r total cals and total macros??

how much cardio u doing per week total and lifting how many days total??

(long paragraph makes me crosseyed )

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---

U r a lazy fvcker lol jk bub

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Hi lady.
    Thx for posting your diet. Do u have any food allergies that we need to know about??

A few things I would recommend:

Protein powder reliance is not preferred. Can u eat eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese.

Bananas I luv them but they are not a prize for cutting. Replace with veggies.

Lunch. Maybe replace sweet potatoes with leafy veggies. And move this sweet potato to pre workout with a lean protein source.

Pretzels. Hmmmm. You can do better

Take the rice at dinner and slide into post workout drink. Oats could work here.

The carbs from rice are not well placed here. You don't need them to fuel a workout . You can eat more kale. Fill up on it for dinner.

Okay fellas/mods. What do you think!!!!
    So do you think I am eating too many carbs? And I am sorry for saying pretzly chips. They are whole wheat crisps(health food store, so pretty expensive). I dont know if that is any better though. What I am getting from this is that I need more veggies, less fruit and carb sources? I only have 1 protien shake a day, it has 4 carbs, but I do sprinkle a half scoop in my oats for breakfast. Can anyone give me a recommended sample for a single day? And lastly, will the added leafy greens help curb my appetite? That is my biggest problem because I am always so hungry and can eat at the drop of a hat, even though I do refrain. I just want to stay full or at least not hungry all the time. If there is anything else I am missing or not asking, please let me know.

-TroN-
    I love cardio, what can I say . Ill do whatever is needed in order to lose fat but still pack on muscle. Like I said, I dont care what I weigh as long as I look good in the mirror. I really like the builds of Dana Linn Bailey and Jamie Eason. I do realize those bodies are far fetched, but I need goals. I just dont change. My body is stuck and I look the same as I did 5 years ago. I dont have any blood sugar issues either. Thank you for your help, and thank you too Girlygymrat!

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post

5'5"
    150lbs

Iam trying to stay around 1500 or so calories. I do cardio 4-5 days (high intensity spinning and running around the neighborhood on saturday mornings and sometimes before church on sundays, but that is rare). I am lifting 4 days every week, and sometimes Warmouth will spend a saturday afternoon helping me out with weights. So some days Ill lift 5 times, but usually the 5th day would be something light such as biceps and triceps. Thank you for your help too. My husband showed me your progression pictures and that really gets me pumped about joining here! It is one of the things that made me want to join. If there is anything else you guys need to know, just ask. I have pictures up in the competition thread if you need to see what you are working with.

5'5"
    150lbs

Iam trying to stay around 1500 or so calories. I do cardio 4-5 days (high intensity spinning and running around the neighborhood on saturday mornings and sometimes before church on sundays, but that is rare). I am lifting 4 days every week, and sometimes Warmouth will spend a saturday afternoon helping me out with weights. So some days Ill lift 5 times, but usually the 5th day would be something light such as biceps and triceps. Thank you for your help too. My husband showed me your progression pictures and that really gets me pumped about joining here! It is one of the things that made me want to join. If there is anything else you guys need to know, just ask. I have pictures up in the competition thread if you need to see what you are working with.
    She for high intensity spinning for an hour, last time I did that, it said I burned like 1100 cals and I didn't peddle for like 10 minutes lol so she burning at least 800 on those days plus weights, we can call it 1100/day.

-TroN-

U r a lazy fvcker lol jk bub

-TroN-
    yeh i know LOL.. sorry pal!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warmouth View Post
    5'5"
    150lbs

IMO ur bf is in the 25-30%range. i think u can definitely do well in 12 weeks provided u maintain proper compliance with ur entire regimen!

at 150lbs 27%bf (in the middle)

150 x .73 = 109.5(lbs LBM)

rough maintenence: (LBM x 15)

109.5 x 15 = 1642cals

IMO 1400 would be where id start. 50/30/20

1400 50/30/20
    175g pro
    105g carbs
    31g fat

id like to see a proposed diet hitting these macros.

i am an avid spinner and many of my gf have the heart rate monitor. in an hour a gal is lucky to burn 500 calories. The guys burn more, even double, because they have more muscle and have more size.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    i am an avid spinner and many of my gf have the heart rate monitor. in an hour a gal is lucky to burn 500 calories. The guys burn more, even double, because they have more muscle and have more size.
    Alright, I was thinking 700-800, but I'll take ur word for it. You know better then me! Lol lets call it 700-800 with cardio and lifting on the same day. That means u need to eat between 2100 and 2200 cals a day to get a net cal of 1400. If u eat 1400 and do all that cardio and exceraize you'd b at 600-700 net cals a day. Which is no bueno over a long period of time.

Thanks for doin the math 405! I'm here at work tellin these dumb dumbs how to do their job and trouble shooting their job lol

Or do u do it differently 405? From ur macro break down it looks like u do...

-TroN-

That's how I did my wife, she went from 190 to 135 in about 8 months.

-TroN-

That's how I did my wife, she went from 190 to 135 in about 8 months.

-TroN-
    i missed how your wife lost all that weight in 8 months? from spinning???

i missed how your wife lost all that weight in 8 months? from spinning???
    No, from me being on her ass about eating what I told her to. She did cardio almost every day for about the first 4-5 months. Next to no weights, but it was just running and walking. She lost probably 10 pounds a month durimg the first 3 months then it slowed down. She started about 9-10 months after w had our youngest son. She never lost the weight like she did previously. So that's prolly why she lost the first portion fast. Which I had an assumption it would happen like that, now I have her a split routine between weights and cardio. I wouldn't let her do intense cardio because I think once the fat loss slowed she's going to have to start worrying about muscle loss as well. She went from a 12 to a 2.

-TroN-

IMO ur bf is in the 25-30%range. i think u can definitely do well in 12 weeks provided u maintain proper compliance with ur entire regimen!

at 150lbs 27%bf (in the middle)

150 x .73 = 109.5(lbs LBM)

rough maintenence: (LBM x 15)

109.5 x 15 = 1642cals

IMO 1400 would be where id start. 50/30/20

1400 50/30/20
    175g pro
    105g carbs
    31g fat

id like to see a proposed diet hitting these macros.
    Let me try to think of some foods that I can work into that. Did you happen to see what I ate yesterday that I posted in my first post? Girly has me thinking that maybe I am eating the right foods at the wrong times, or maybe the wrong foods period. Whatever I do, I want to feel like I am not hungry. So can you guys tell me some foods that will help me feel full longer? Maybe thats the trick, I dont know.

Also, to Tron. If my body fat is still high, why would you up my calories for the diet? If I am burning so many calories at my current diet, I would think that my body fat would decrease. Its all so confusing to me.

When eating foods, I dont know what I need to eat at certain times, such as for breakfast. I thought 1/2 cup of oats with a half scoop of protien dumped in would be good. And My 10 am banana, I thought would also be ok. But it is not. I work at a hospital and only have certain times I can stop to eat. Thats why I eat the banana because I can reach into my desk and grab it and eat it quickly. I do get an hour lunch. I also keep almonds in my desk. I need to know when to eat certain foods and what I can eat.

Let me try to think of some foods that I can work into that. Did you happen to see what I ate yesterday that I posted in my first post? Girly has me thinking that maybe I am eating the right foods at the wrong times, or maybe the wrong foods period. Whatever I do, I want to feel like I am not hungry. So can you guys tell me some foods that will help me feel full longer? Maybe thats the trick, I dont know.

Also, to Tron. If my body fat is still high, why would you up my calories for the diet? If I am burning so many calories at my current diet, I would think that my body fat would decrease. Its all so confusing to me.

When eating foods, I dont know what I need to eat at certain times, such as for breakfast. I thought 1/2 cup of oats with a half scoop of protien dumped in would be good. And My 10 am banana, I thought would also be ok. But it is not. I work at a hospital and only have certain times I can stop to eat. Thats why I eat the banana because I can reach into my desk and grab it and eat it quickly. I do get an hour lunch. I also keep almonds in my desk. I need to know when to eat certain foods and what I can eat.
    Because I feel like that amount of cardio plus weight training is a bit excessive. The amount of calories u take in minus the amount of calories burned can't be too low otherwise ur body has a tendency to not burn fat as a primary source of energy. There needs to be a balance. This is from experimentation with my wife. And that's how I did her diet. At first she was doing a lot of cardio, and not as intense as yours, I raised her calories slighting about her tdee (from the lbmx15 that 405 provided) and she started burning fat quickly. Then when she got into a more even routine of weighs and cardio I dropped it slightly below her tdee, she's still losing fat, but not near as fast and is gaining muscle mass now. Now I'm messing with her carb/fat split, keeping her protein at about 1.25g/lb

-TroN-

No, from me being on her ass about eating what I told her to. She did cardio almost every day for about the first 4-5 months. Next to no weights, but it was just running and walking. She lost probably 10 pounds a month durimg the first 3 months then it slowed down. She started about 9-10 months after w had our youngest son. She never lost the weight like she did previously. So that's prolly why she lost the first portion fast. Which I had an assumption it would happen like that, now I have her a split routine between weights and cardio. I wouldn't let her do intense cardio because I think once the fat loss slowed she's going to have to start worrying about muscle loss as well. She went from a 12 to a 2.

-TroN-
    similar to my journey....minus the son

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-371522261.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	135841

Before

Name:	image-1722831664.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	135842

Name:	image-1696537364.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	135843

Name:	image-1091972397.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	135844

-TroN-

similar to my journey....minus the son
    Third son lol

-TroN-

Wow Tron! So you had her over TDEE and she lost all of that fat? And what was the macro split? Sorry if you already said it, I might have missed it.

I started her out on a 50/25/25 I believe, now she's on a 60/10/30

-TroN-

And I wouldn't say it was above her tdee. Just above the lbm x 15. I think that's just a general rule of thumb, not an exact science. U do WAAAAY more cardio then most, so naturally ur total daily energy expenditure (tdee) is going to be higher. Therefore u need more calories. To get ur deficit in the 20% range. Not in the 50-60% or greater range.

-TroN-

Quote Originally Posted by Tron3219
    And I wouldn't say it was above her tdee. Just above the lbm x 15. I think that's just a general rule of thumb, not an exact science. U do WAAAAY more cardio then most, so naturally ur total daily energy expenditure (tdee) is going to be higher. Therefore u need more calories. To get ur deficit in the 20% range. Not in the 50-60% or greater range.

-TroN-
    I have found x13 to be a general rule of thumb for gals. Again just a guideline.

tron that is great results with ur wife! awesome job u and she

IMO 2100-2200cals is gonna be too high. thats what i ran at 213lbs 27%bf .. 160lbs LBM and she has about 110lbs LBM..

LW ur diet above:
    6:00am Breakfast - 1/2 cup Oatmeal with 12 grams of protien powder and PB2 (powdered peanut butter) id prefer meat here or eggs and meat
    10am Snack - Banana id drop this completely
    2:00pm Snack - 15 pretzyl chips id drop this completely
    6:30pm Post Workout - Protien shake 20 grams(hydrolized whey) id go with food here. meat. veg, carb
    8:00pm Dinner - 6oz lean steak, 1/2 cup cooked kale(sauteed in EVOO), 1/4 cup of white rice(normally eat brown, but hubby cooked white)

u mention being hungry and yet i see only 2 decent meals here at 12 and 8.. the protein shakes offer nothing substantial.. the chips/pretzels offer nothing IMO but empty carbs and no satiation and the banana (which i love them) by itself is not much of a meal and its all sugar which should be kept to a minimum especially in the beginning IMO..

if i were u i would make suggested changes and reduce ur meal frequency to 3 or 4 meals instead of 6. this way theyll be bigger and with adding meat and dropping liquid u will get more volume (something also important to me i HATE being hungry )..

figure up cals and macros. this is my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    tron that is great results with ur wife! awesome job u and she

IMO 2100-2200cals is gonna be too high. thats what i ran at 213lbs 27%bf .. 160lbs LBM and she has about 110lbs LBM..

LW ur diet above:
    6:00am Breakfast - 1/2 cup Oatmeal with 12 grams of protien powder and PB2 (powdered peanut butter) id prefer meat here or eggs and meat
    10am Snack - Banana id drop this completely
    2:00pm Snack - 15 pretzyl chips id drop this completely
    6:30pm Post Workout - Protien shake 20 grams(hydrolized whey) id go with food here. meat. veg, carb
    8:00pm Dinner - 6oz lean steak, 1/2 cup cooked kale(sauteed in EVOO), 1/4 cup of white rice(normally eat brown, but hubby cooked white)

u mention being hungry and yet i see only 2 decent meals here at 12 and 8.. the protein shakes offer nothing substantial.. the chips/pretzels offer nothing IMO but empty carbs and no satiation and the banana (which i love them) by itself is not much of a meal and its all sugar which should be kept to a minimum especially in the beginning IMO..

if i were u i would make suggested changes and reduce ur meal frequency to 3 or 4 meals instead of 6. this way theyll be bigger and with adding meat and dropping liquid u will get more volume (something also important to me i HATE being hungry )..

figure up cals and macros. this is my suggestion.
    We're u doing as much cardio as her? + weight lifting? I'm not trying to argue or anything or invalidate anything u say. I just think she's doing A LOT of exercise at HIGH intensity! And I feel like eating 1400 cals is gonna put her well under 1000 cal a day. I mean I very well could b wrong, just because it worked for my wife, it may not work for her.

But I do agree with everything else he said!

-TroN-

I have a bad feeling our "dispute" may b confusing the ever living hell out of mrs warmouth lol

-TroN-

Provita is offline Associate Member
    Because I feel like that amount of cardio plus weight training is a bit excessive. The amount of calories u take in minus the amount of calories burned can't be too low otherwise ur body has a tendency to not burn fat as a primary source of energy. There needs to be a balance. This is from experimentation with my wife. And that's how I did her diet. At first she was doing a lot of cardio, and not as intense as yours, I raised her calories slighting about her tdee (from the lbmx15 that 405 provided) and she started burning fat quickly. Then when she got into a more even routine of weighs and cardio I dropped it slightly below her tdee, she's still losing fat, but not near as fast and is gaining muscle mass now. Now I'm messing with her carb/fat split, keeping her protein at about 1.25g/lb

-TroN-
    Apologies for chipping in on this conversation :-). But I want too...

This what tron is mentioning about excessive training and low cals is something I have observed with the people around me, both men and women. They work their butts of and eat very little, never cheat and still do not loose that fat.

I myself was there. Was doing 8-10 spinning classes in 5 days plus lifting. Bf% @14%. Started doing more balanced training, only 1 spin class per week :-( and good lifting days and actually upped my caloric intake bf% @11.7%. Now I'm already @10%bf, but that was with a small dose of fat burners for 3 weeks.

I think, once your body is deprived of energy, and energy expenditure remains high, it goes into that starvation mode. It then holds on to anything it can (and stores it as fat).

But i really think this model is only for very active people.

Thats my experience...

hey guys i agree with both of u.. tron and provita.. theres only one way to know and thats to decide and run the diet. personally i hadnt gotten to the cardio yet.

id suggest 5-6days per week cardio split into some moderate and intervals.. 45mins on average..

lifting 3-4days per week IMO would be sufficient..

tron no probs dude i anticipated a bit of disagreement/questioning and encourage it! no offense taken and u may well be right based on the amount of cardio she is currently doing. personally when advising people i tend to advise what i think they should do and not really try to work with what theyre currently doing as it takes confusion out of the equation of where to start with my advice and where to stop with some of their practices!

id also like to note i tend to shy away from giving advice to females typically. tron u may be on to something as ur wife is proof! everyone is different though and 2000+cals cutting for a female does seem high to me.
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 03-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.

I have a bad feeling our "dispute" may b confusing the ever living hell out of mrs warmouth lol

-TroN-
    Lol. A little maybe. Iam reading over everything still. I LOVE oatmeal, and its going to kill me to drop it. I do like the 3 larger meals idea, and maybe a protien shake between 2-5pm since I am hungriest at that time. On days I spin, should I eat more, or the same? And should I stop doing so much cardio and stick to focusing most of my effort in lifting? There is so many questions I still have, I am just trying to wrop my head around what is being said so far. I really do apprieciate all of this and I am thankful you guys are willing to help me with this. I am sure we will get this figured out soon, and I cant wait!

hey guys i agree with both of u.. tron and provita.. theres only one way to know and thats to decide and run the diet. personally i hadnt gotten to the cardio yet.

id suggest 5-6days per week cardio split into some moderate and intervals.. 45mins on average..

lifting 3-4days per week IMO would be sufficient..

tron no probs dude i anticipated a bit of disagreement/questioning and encourage it! no offense taken and u may well be right based on the amount of cardio she is currently doing. personally when advising people i tend to advise what i think they should do and not really try to work with what theyre currently doing as it takes confusion out of the equation of where to start with my advice and where to stop with some of their practices!

id also like to note i tend to shy away from giving advice to females typically. tron u may be on to something as ur wife is proof! everyone is different though and 2000+cals cutting for a female does seem high to me.
    I would like to have your help too, regardless of being a woman! I need all of the advice I can get. And Provita did make a valid point of me possibly burning more calories than I am taking inand my body is holding on to the fat. I absolutely kill cardio! All of this is very informative and I didnt expect it all. I see why this site is addictive to warmouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information