Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    Glad the one leg squats are working for u!
    Yeah they worked great mate, gave me a really nice contraction in my glutes and thighs, will be using these every week from now on for sure.

Im absolutely knackered (tired out) maybe over done it on the cardio alittle this week, thinking I might have an early night zzzzzZZZZ

Days macros - 163g pro 46g carb 51g fat

Completed 30 mins SFS cardio (HIIT/mod/HIIT)

Looking forward to starting my carb refeed this evening, im hungrier then a mother****er!

HEAVY TENSION WORKOUT

One leg squat x3

Leg curl x2

Leg extension x3

Leg curl x2

Seated calfs x3

Incline db benchpress x2

Chin ups x3

Flat benchpress x3

Side laterals x3

Bicep curl x2

Close grip benchpress x2

All of the above in the rep range of 6-12 (until fail)

2x press ups

3x abs

Started my carb refeed just stuffed my face with low fat chocolate mousse, cereal, 4 jam on toast, cottage cheese with jam food tastes so good when you have starved yourself in such away I have, the flavors explode in your mouth! It goes without saying, now im fed, im a happy chappy, I feel like the cat that got the cream

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    HEAVY TENSION WORKOUT

One leg squat x3

Leg curl x2

Leg extension x3

Leg curl x2

Seated calfs x3

Incline db benchpress x2

Chin ups x3

Flat benchpress x3

Side laterals x3

Bicep curl x2

Close grip benchpress x2

All of the above in the rep range of 6-12 (until fail)

2x press ups

3x abs

Started my carb refeed just stuffed my face with low fat chocolate mousse, cereal, 4 jam on toast, cottage cheese with jam food tastes so good when you have starved yourself in such away I have, the flavors explode in your mouth! It goes without saying, now im fed, im a happy chappy, I feel like the cat that got the cream
    lucky you.......im feeling very hungry at the min!.......just one more day untill my fun starts.

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post

lucky you.......im feeling very hungry at the min!.......just one more day untill my fun starts.
    Tbh mate im still starving, I've had 150g from mainly glucose as Lyle suggests, im still starving, I could easy eat it all again right now lol can't wait for my next meal!

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Only thing I miss about UD are those refeeds! Damn I shouldnt check your log thursday-sunday, makes me a hungry mofo
    Keep killin it mate

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Only thing I miss about UD are those refeeds! Damn I shouldnt check your log thursday-sunday, makes me a hungry mofo
    Keep killin it mate
    Cheers bud, yeah refeed days are awesome, tho I feel as so I've earned the treats with all the hard work I've put in though the week

Don't know whats up with me today, I've done 250g carbs in so far, in like 2.5 hours and im still not satisfied. I will have my last meal in an hour, think I will have complex carb, see if they satisfy me more, greedy bitch I am lol

My diet and workout are improving all the time, I feel I've had my best week yet this week, im learning all the time.

I've decided to put most of my carbs around my workout on Saturday.

This is how I started the day diet wise.

Breakfast: 2 whole dippy eggs and 2 egg whites with two slices of toasted oat bread.

One hour and a half later (pre workout) bowl of cereal with one pint of skim milk, large cup of strong black instant coffee.

Half an hour later: workout: sipped one pint of skim milk during workout.

HEAVY TENSION GROWTH WORKOUT

Workout is improving each week. I used Dorian Yates tension overload technique. Also used rest pause to go that little more past fail. (worked out at home today)

SUPERSETS

Deadlift - standing calfs

Flat benchpress - rows

Incline fly - chin ups

Db military press - rear delt fly

One leg squats

Bicep curl - close grip benchpress

Abs

3 working sets of 3-10 reps

Followed the workout with a post workout meal of one pint of skim milk with cereal.

I went abit over the top with the carbs yesterday (200g over) I don't think it's hurt me tho, looking pretty lean in the mirror today.

Got my bodyfat measured, 10.9% think im actually higher then this but its nice to see the numbers going down. Im also down around 7lbs on the scales (since I started the diet)

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    boy do i know all about this!

Cheers bud, yeah refeed days are awesome, tho I feel as so I've earned the treats with all the hard work I've put in though the week
    and this!

My diet and workout are improving all the time, I feel I've had my best week yet this week, im learning all the time.
    this is what its all about! now ur finally getting somewhere.. enjoy the lessons dude.. they will benefit u from now on no matter what diet u do.

Tx89 is offline Associate Member
    Exactly what 405 said. UD had me learning SO much about nutrition in General and how my Body responds. It will be benefitial forever :-)

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

I've decided to put most of my carbs around my workout on Saturday.

This is how I started the day diet wise.

Breakfast: 2 whole dippy eggs and 2 egg whites with two slices of toasted oat bread.

One hour and a half later (pre workout) bowl of cereal with one pint of skim milk, large cup of strong black instant coffee.

Half an hour later: workout: sipped one pint of skim milk during workout.

Workout is improving each week. I used Dorian Yates tension overload technique. Also used rest pause to go that little more past fail. (worked out at home today)

SUPERSETS

Deadlift - standing calfs

Flat benchpress - rows

Incline fly - chin ups

Db military press - rear delt fly

One leg squats

Bicep curl - close grip benchpress

Abs

3 working sets of 3-10 reps

Followed the workout with a post workout meal of one pint of skim milk with cereal.

I went abit over the top with the carbs yesterday (200g over) I don't think it's hurt me tho, looking pretty lean in the mirror today.

Got my bodyfat measured, 10.9% think im actually higher then this but its nice to see the numbers going down. Im also down around 7lbs on the scales (since I started the diet)
    good stuff mate, looks like you are nailing it now!!

boy do i know all about this!

and this!

this is what its all about! now ur finally getting somewhere.. enjoy the lessons dude.. they will benefit u from now on no matter what diet u do.
    Your right, following this routine is so educational, im getting wiser every day. Loving it

Hey 405, did you ever use this routine to bulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Tx89 View Post
    Exactly what 405 said. UD had me learning SO much about nutrition in General and how my Body responds. It will be benefitial forever :-)
    Yeah this routine has taken me to the next level, im learning so much. Long may it continue

good stuff mate, looks like you are nailing it now!!
    Yep really feel im starting to get the best out of the routine. Still room for improvement tho, will continue experimenting, try to make it better.

Your right, following this routine is so educational, im getting wiser every day. Loving it

Hey 405, did you ever use this routine to bulk?
    no i didnt. to be honest, i think im past that diet now. i have found a better way to get leaner with less effort physically and less drawn out deprivation. i may, however, run it occasionally just for fun to gorge on the carb load!!!! or i may just do a carb load without being depleted! LMAO!!

and what i mean specifically is i am over the 7 day carb cycle. it is not needed for myself to get good results.
    Last edited by --->>405<<---; 04-13-2013 at 03:15 PM.

no i didnt. to be honest, i think im past that diet now. i have found a better way to get leaner with less effort physically and less drawn out deprivation. i may, however, run it occasionally just for fun to gorge on the carb load!!!! or i may just do a carb load without being depleted! LMAO!!
    Yeah, sometimes I think all the suffering is worth it, just to be able to stuff my face with +1000g of carbs

Would be interesting to see what results you would get using the routine to bulk, I presume it would be a good way to lean bulk and also the routine wouldn't be as nasty because you could have more carbs on your low carb days. Maybe extend the over eating phase to, 4 days over feeding, then 4 days depletion (8 day cycle)

66i dont like it for lean bulking. i really dont like it for cutting anymore either. it was a stepping stool for me. u will probably find it to be the same thing for u. it is a great teacher, but once u have learned the lesson u no longer need the class, u know what i mean?

66i dont like it for lean bulking. i really dont like it for cutting anymore either. it was a stepping stool for me. u will probably find it to be the same thing for u. it is a great teacher, but once u have learned the lesson u no longer need the class, u know what i mean?
    Yeah I get what you mean, probably will be a stepping stone/learning curve for me too. to be honest, I don't think I will continue with this routine once I've finished this stint. Got another 6 week's to go, then not sure which direction I will go.

Yeah I get what you mean, probably will be a stepping stone/learning curve for me too. to be honest, I don't think I will continue with this routine once I've finished this stint. Got another 6 week's to go, then not sure which direction I will go.
    a good direction would be to maintain what u have when ur done cutting assuming ur as lean as u would like. this, too, is also a big learning experience of which it has taken me a year to figure out!

i always got lazy and gained body fat and had to cut again. maintenance can be work! u can also make some LBm growth running maintenance after cutting. i have done so.

a good direction would be to maintain what u have when ur done cutting assuming ur as lean as u would like. this, too, is also a big learning experience of which it has taken me a year to figure out!

i always got lazy and gained body fat and had to cut again. maintenance can be work! u can also make some LBm growth running maintenance after cutting. i have done so.
    Yeah think that is going to be my plan, running maintenance and working my carbs around my workouts, maybe eat surplus on training days, then eat at a deficit on no training days. Not sure, im getting an urge to bulk. But I don't think that's a good idea. I will wait til winter to bulk. I've been checking out a few diets and workout routines, not sure which I will run yet though.

DEPLETION WORKOUT
    (supersets)

One leg squat - leg curl

Flat benchpress - row

Side laterals - calfs

Bicep curl - skullcrushers

Repeated workout twice

5 x abs

3x press ups

20 mins cardio mod/hiit

So I've come to the end of my 4 days of depletion, I've just had a heavy tension workout. It's now time to start my carb load, thank the lord

Pre workout - half a pint of powder milk with a banana and a strong cup of instant black coffee.

During workout sipped a pint of skim milk

HEAVY TENSION WORKOUT (reps 8-12)
    (supersets)

One leg squat x3 - leg curls x3

Leg extensions x2 - leg curls x2

Calf rises x3

Flat benchpress x3 - rows x3

Incline fly x3 - chin up x3

Side laterals x2

Bicep curl x2 - close grip benchpress x2

Time to stuff my face after 4 days of starvation, just ate four yogurts, 2 bananas, 200g strawberries and a tin of tuna (total of 150g carbs) im stuffed

So I've come to the end of my 4 days of depletion, I've just had a heavy tension workout. It's now time to start my carb load, thank the lord

Pre workout - half a pint of powder milk with a banana and a strong cup of instant black coffee.

During workout sipped a pint of skim milk

HEAVY TENSION WORKOUT (reps 8-12)
    (supersets)

One leg squat x3 - leg curls x3

Leg extensions x2 - leg curls x2

Calf rises x3

Flat benchpress x3 - rows x3

Incline fly x3 - chin up x3

Side laterals x2

Time to stuff my face after 4 days of starvation, just ate four yogurts, 2 bananas, 200g strawberries and a tin of tuna (total of 150g carbs) im stuffed
    happy days mate!!

happy days mate!!
    Yeah sure is I've bought things I can use to make my meals bigger this week, because I wasn't satisfied with mainly cereal I had last week. Gonna have stuff like curry with rice, sandwiches, chips, beans on toast shit like that

No training today, day off from work too

Im on my carb refeed day, so im gonna have a lazy day, watching movies while stuffing my face (heaven)

I've had a large serving of raspberry and banana oat pancakes for meal 1

Meal 2 im gonna have peri peri chicken and chips

Meal 3 beef salad sandwiches followed by yogurt

Meal 4 chipotle pork potato, followed by cereal.

Meal 5 beef balti curry with a large serving of white rice

Meal 6 beans on toast

(yummy)

good meals there mate.........im having beef tacos tonight and thai yellow curry with rice the mora!

good meals there mate.........im having beef tacos tonight and thai yellow curry with rice the mora!
    Ooo sounds nice mate, im loving it, I've done 350g carbs in so far, got another 350g to go happy days

DEPLETION WORKOUT
    (supersets)

One leg squat - leg curl

Flat benchpress - row

Side laterals - calfs

Bicep curl - skullcrushers

Repeated workout twice

5 x abs

3x press ups

20 mins cardio mod/hiit
    looks like ur 2 sets too little there buddy! depletion = 10-12 total sets per large muscle group. if ur only doing 3 sets two days in a row that totals 6 sets: 4 too little.. ??

looks like ur 2 sets too little there buddy! depletion = 10-12 total sets per large muscle group. if ur only doing 3 sets two days in a row that totals 6 sets: 4 too little.. ??
    No sorry the low carbs must of been damaging my brain when I wrote this lol. I repeated the workout twice on both days total of 12 sets of hell!

No sorry the low carbs must of been damaging my brain when I wrote this lol. I repeated the workout twice on both days total of 12 sets of hell!
    we must be having a breakdown of communication. let me see if i can get this sorted. here is ur workout below:
    DEPLETION WORKOUT
    (supersets)

One leg squat - leg curl (HOW MANY SETS PER DAY?? 3??)

Flat benchpress - row (HOW MANY SETS PER DAY?? 3)

Side laterals - calfs (HOW MANY SETS PER DAY?? )

Bicep curl - skullcrushers (HOW MANY SETS PER DAY??)

Repeated workout twice

DEPLETION WORKOUT
    (supersets)

One leg squat - leg curl (6 sets per day)

Flat benchpress - row (6 sets)

Side laterals - calfs (6 sets)

Bicep curl - skullcrushers (4 sets)

Did this both days, a total of 12 sets (on big muscles) over the 2 days.

Plus I also add 3 sets of press ups and 6 sets of abs

Followed by SFS cardio
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-19-2013 at 01:06 PM.

So total of 6 sets per exercise per day

^^good deal there pal

^^good deal there pal
    Cheers buddy, you had me worried that I was doing it wrong for a moment lol

Appreciate your help mate

Breakfast: raspberry and banana oat pancakes

Pre workout: half pint skim milk, strawberry yogurt and a strong cup of black instant coffee.(30 mins before workout)

During workout: sipped pint and a half of skim milk.

(supersets) (reps of 3-8) (2-3 warm up sets)

Deadlifts x3 (working sets)- calf rises x3

Flat benchpress x3 - Bent over rows x3

Incline benchpress x3 - chin ups x3

Squats x3 - abs x4

Military press x3 - rear delt flys x3

Had 3 mins rest between each set, workout took 2 and half hours.

Post workout: 2 pastrami ,salad, and tomato sandwiches with salad cream (full 200g pack of pastrami) and a apple.

I've put most of my 300g carbs around my workout. I've used around 200g, so got 100g left for the day.

Gonna have a beef curry with rice later around 7pm, then im Going to eat low carb til tomorrow morning.

OooOOPS I've got abit out of control with the carbs today, I've just eat a full box of honey nut shredded wheat cereal, so I've ate 500g carbs so far :-/ my limit is 300g

So I've pretty much put all the hard work in this week low carbing, now it was all for nothing tut

[QUOTE=951thompson;6504871]OooOOPS I've got abit out of control with the carbs today, I've just eat a full box of honey nut shredded wheat cereal, so I've ate 500g carbs so far :-/ my limit is 300g

So I've pretty much put all the hard work in this week low carbing, now it was all for nothing tut[/QUOTE

lol.........mate it happens, its done now so just get back on track tomorrow, a bet you it wont even effect you that much.

Yeah hopefully it won't make too much difference ha greedy facker I am, just could'nt control myself.

Im sure Lyle says in the book in the old bodypos they carbed up for 48 hours. So may not hurt me too much,May gain some LBM.

Anyway, **** it, I needed a blow out lol

Yeah hopefully it won't make too much difference ha greedy facker I am, just could'nt control myself.

Im sure Lyle says in the book in the old bodypos they carbed up for 48 hours. So may not hurt me too much,May gain some LBM.

Anyway, **** it, I needed a blow out lol
    back on track today mate!.....dont let it spill over another day....

whats your targets for today?...are you eating maintenance or 20% below?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information