Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post

back on track today mate!.....dont let it spill over another day....

whats your targets for today?...are you eating maintenance or 20% below?
    Damn it, I did it again, got up this morning and stuffed my face. 250g carbs in one meal :-o I didn't eat again last night, so the total was 800cal surplus.

I binged out again this morning, but mainly on healthy food, because that's all I have in the house. Damn it the the fat person inside me is trying to get out lol.

Thinking I might have a week off eating at maintenance, I think me hitting this wall is a sign.

On the plus side im getting growing pains, so that's a good thing, but on the downside im sure I've probably gained some bodyfat.

Think I might run a upper/lower body split this week, with no cardio.

So with me over eating since Thursday, it will be a 10 day break off eating at maintenance.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Damn it, I did it again, got up this morning and stuffed my face. 250g carbs in one meal :-o I didn't eat again last night, so the total was 800cal surplus.

I binged out again this morning, but mainly on healthy food, because that's all I have in the house. Damn it the the fat person inside me is trying to get out lol.

Thinking I might have a week off eating at maintenance, I think me hitting this wall is a sign.

On the plus side im getting growing pains, so that's a good thing, but on the downside im sure I've probably gained some bodyfat.

Think I might run a upper/lower body split this week, with no cardio.

So with me over eating since Thursday, it will be a 10 day break off eating at maintenance.
    i feel your pain mate, its tough stciking to this diet........a week at maintenance may be a good idea if your heads not in it.....ive got 3 weeks left then im having a week at maintenance myself.

i feel your pain mate, its tough stciking to this diet........a week at maintenance may be a good idea if your heads not in it.....ive got 3 weeks left then im having a week at maintenance myself.
    Its only been 3 weeks since my last break, but just don't feel I can put myself though it this week.

May do me good, I lost loads of weight my first week back after my last break.

Thanks for the support dude

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Its only been 3 weeks since my last break, but just don't feel I can put myself though it this week.

May do me good, I lost loads of weight my first week back after my last break.

Thanks for the support dude
    mate this is a super tough routine, 6 weeks may be enough for me to be fair, i just dont think the workouts are needed i.e i mean they work well but it leaves me no room for cardio because im so fuked up lol, i like doing my HIIT after weights so im thinking of doing a straight CKD (lyle style) for the last 6 weeks instead of another run at the UD 2.0

mate this is a super tough routine, 6 weeks may be enough for me to be fair, i just dont think the workouts are needed i.e i mean they work well but it leaves me no room for cardio because im so fuked up lol, i like doing my HIIT after weights so im thinking of doing a straight CKD (lyle style) for the last 6 weeks instead of another run at the UD 2.0
    Do You mean his ketogenic diet? Im thinking of running just below maintenance then cranking up my cardio for the deficit. Maybe eat 200 under. Might try it as an experiment the week after my break. (place most of my carbs around training)

Thing is with this UD2.0 it's not sustainable, it's taking up too much of my life. Hell it works, that's the only reason I have been sticking with it. But there has to be an easier way lol

i lyles CKD.........the UD 2.0 is good but its not a keto diet.....(ive done a keto diet in the past my avi pick was taking during that) and that was the best shape id got into, i was15-16% then..........and i wasnt even counting macros etc i was just eating what i liked and drinking at the weekends, so my thought is if i have the dedication i have now then i should see great results....well hopefully lol

i lyles CKD.........the UD 2.0 is good but its not a keto diet.....(ive done a keto diet in the past my avi pick was taking during that) and that was the best shape id got into, i was15-16% then..........and i wasnt even counting macros etc i was just eating what i liked and drinking at the weekends, so my thought is if i have the dedication i have now then i should see great results....well hopefully lol
    Yeah I've run a keto diet in the past, I didnt like the way it made me feel tho. I lost a shit load of weight running keto then also twice per week I would fast for 24 hours, with the body been in ketotis while fasted your body has no other choice but to eat bodyfat (maybe some LBM also)

Well im thinking of carb cycling, low ish carb on none training days and high carb on training days. Adding my total weeks calories to just below maintenance, but making up the rest with loads of SFS cardio.

Im also interested in Jim stoppani's shortcut to shred programme. Looks hard graft in the gym tho (google it)

did you do a straight ket or CKD?

i will def have a look at that guys stuff, cheers.

did you do a straight ket or CKD?

i will def have a look at that guys stuff, cheers.
    I did straight keto, UD2.0 is kind of a CKD diet is'nt it?

I might return to the UD2 tomorrow, im not sure lol gonna stuff my face today try get it out of my system, then maybe try again tomorrow lol

I did straight keto, UD2.0 is kind of a CKD diet is'nt it?

I might return to the UD2 tomorrow, im not sure lol gonna stuff my face today try get it out of my system, then maybe try again tomorrow lol
    No not really mate, id call the UD 2.0 a carb/calorie cycling diet keeping fat low,carbs lowish and protein moderate,,,,you see a CKD actually means cyclical ketogenic diet (you know that lol) anyway, what this means you cycle periods of being in ketosis with not being in ketosis lol........the keto/ckd is high in fats i dont remember the exact ratio but its something like 65-70%fat, 20-25% protein and the remaining carbs.....this is done for 5-6 days then you carb load of 1-2 days.......

heres a good read on CKD.........its a bit outdated but itl give you a general overview of what its all about.....this is what i used years ago and loved it.

quite a lot has changed and googling it and doing your own research may turn up different ideas etc but the concept will be the same

http://forums.steroid.com/nutrition-...enic-diet.html

No not really mate, id call the UD 2.0 a carb/calorie cycling diet keeping fat low,carbs lowish and protein moderate,,,,you see a CKD actually means cyclical ketogenic diet (you know that lol) anyway, what this means you cycle periods of being in ketosis with not being in ketosis lol........the keto/ckd is high in fats i dont remember the exact ratio but its something like 65-70%fat, 20-25% protein and the remaining carbs.....this is done for 5-6 days then you carb load of 1-2 days.......
    Ah right that's the kind of keto diet I followed. I only used it for around 4 weeks though, IF caught my attention lol
    I want to find one diet I can stick to long term.

Tell you what, think I've gained some good mass this week, I feel anabolic as ****, I've got real good pump on today lol

I think you could probably use the UD2 successfully to lean bulk.

Ah right that's the kind of keto diet I followed. I only used it for around 4 weeks though, IF caught my attention lol
    I want to find one diet I can stick to long term.

Tell you what, think I've gained some good mass this week, I feel anabolic as ****, I've got real good pump on today lol

I think you could probably use the UD2 successfully to lean bulk.
    Is there not a piece at the bottom of teh UD 2.0 book?

good that your feeling strong mate! cant be all bad then.........im sure there will be easier and better ways to lean bulk though, definately for me lol.

Is there not a piece at the bottom of teh UD 2.0 book?

good that your feeling strong mate! cant be all bad then.........im sure there will be easier and better ways to lean bulk though, definately for me lol.
    Yeah think he does have a section about bulking in the book. It that article you linked, it mentions that in the old bodypous they used to eat until they felt bloaty. Well I don't feel im at that stage yet lol I've had about 700g carbs today ooOOOPS so in total since Thursday I've had around 2500g :-o
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-21-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Yeah think he does have a section about bulking in the book. It that article you linked, it mentions that in the old bodypous they used to eat until they felt bloaty. Well I don't feel im at that stage yet lol I've had about 700g carbs today ooOOOPS so in total since Thursday I've had around 2500g :-o
    thats a lot of carbs mate!!!...youl have to get back on track tomorrow!

thats a lot of carbs mate!!!...youl have to get back on track tomorrow!
    Yeah we will see,I will need to dig deep to find my will power.

Yeah we will see,I will need to dig deep to find my will power.
    you can do it mate....just think if you dont do it, you will start to undo all the hardwork.....so make sure you get back on track tomorrow and enjoy tonight!

you can do it mate....just think if you dont do it, you will start to undo all the hardwork.....so make sure you get back on track tomorrow and enjoy tonight!
    One way or another I will be getting my eating back under control tomorrow.

Just been reading layn Nortons 2 week bulking/cut cycles, he says for the first two weeks after under feeding your body is anabolic as ****. Think this is what im experiencing right now. Think I will give this idea a try when I bulk in the winter.

So I have made up my mind, I am going to return to the UD2.0 tomorrow, im going to see it out til the end (another 4 week's)

So I've got my shit together, im back on track today.

DEPLETION WORKOUT
    (supersets) (reps 12-20)

One leg squat x3 - leg curl x3

Flat benchpress x3 - rows x3

Calfs x3 - side laterals x3

Bicep curl x2 - tri eextension x2

Abs x3 - press ups x2

Repeated the workout twice.

Cardio- 25 mins LISS/5 mins HIIT

good stuff mate!!

good stuff mate!!
    I nearly changed plan, but I've decided to stick with this.
    You helped alot on getting me back on track, motivated me, so thanks for the kick up the backside

glad i could help mate!

think im only doing 6 weeks then CKD for 6 weeks before my run and mma training starts.

glad i could help mate!

think im only doing 6 weeks then CKD for 6 weeks before my run and mma training starts.
    Im sticking with this because my thinking is, it's took me alot of time and effort to learn this routine, I've put alot of time and effort into getting it right, so would be foolish for me to change routine now. I've got this routine working good for me.

Think my blow out over the weekend has done me some good, think I've gained some serious LBM. Either that or my muscles are super compensated with glycogen.
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-22-2013 at 01:47 PM.

DEPLETION WORKOUT
    (supersets) (reps 12-20)

One leg squat x3 - leg curl x3

Flat benchpress x3 - rows x3

Calfs x3 - side laterals x3

Bicep curl x2 - tri eextension x2

Abs x3 - press ups x2

Repeated the workout twice.

Cardio- 25 mins LISS/5 mins HIIT

Right I've had enough of this diet, I cant ****ing hack it anymore! So im chucking in the towel on Monday, gonna see this week out, then that's it for me with the UD2.0. My heads not in this anymore, mentally I've had enough. My hearts not in this anymore, im just labouring though the routine half hearted. Its too demanding and time consuming. This routine takes over your life.

So im presuming this diet has shot my metabolism to bits, so starting on Monday I am going to start a reverse diet for 4-5 weeks to build up my metabolism.(thanks to baseline for suggesting this) then after im going to go straight back into another 12 weeks cut. (slow cut)
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-24-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Right I've had enough of this diet, I cant ****ing hack it anymore! So im chucking in the towel on Monday, gonna see this week out, then that's it for me with the UD2.0. My heads not in this anymore, mentally I've had enough. My hearts not in this anymore, im just labouring though the routine half hearted. Its too demanding and time consuming. This routine takes over your life.

So im presuming this diet has shot my metabolism to bits, so starting on Monday I am going to start a reverse diet for 4-5 weeks to build up my metabolism.(thanks to baseline for suggesting this) then after im going to go straight back into another 12 weeks cut. (slow cut)
    i understand your pain mate, this is one tough plan!!........6 weeks will be enough for me i think.

why do you presume your metabolism is shot to bits?

i understand your pain mate, this is one tough plan!!........6 weeks will be enough for me i think.

why do you presume your metabolism is shot to bits?
    I've done well to last 10 weeks of this hell I think. Can't put myself though the torture for another week lol
    I've been cutting since 1st of January, so think my metabolism will be abit shot, so to be better to be safe then sorry im going to reverse diet. Going to try to get my body/metabolism used to eating 500g carbs per day. Then when it comee to cutting it should be abit easier, cutting though phases of 50g carbs at a time, every time I plateau, when I get to as low as 250g I will introduce cardio.

So this is my 18 week plan, reverse diet for 6 weeks, then slow cut for 12 weeks. Think the break from dieting will do me the world of good mentally as well as physically and hopefully I will gain abit of LBM

My last ever UD 2.0 carb refeed today, gonna make sure I enjoy it

Im thinking on monday, im going to start at 200g carbs 160g protein 50g fat, then add 25g carbs per week, til if my body will tolerate it without getting fat, up to 400g-500g carbs.

good luck on your next plan mate.......you going back to your old log, starting a new one or not bothering this time around?

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson

I've done well to last 10 weeks of this hell I think. Can't put myself though the torture for another week lol
    I've been cutting since 1st of January, so think my metabolism will be abit shot, so to be better to be safe then sorry im going to reverse diet. Going to try to get my body/metabolism used to eating 500g carbs per day. Then when it comee to cutting it should be abit easier, cutting though phases of 50g carbs at a time, every time I plateau, when I get to as low as 250g I will introduce cardio.

So this is my 18 week plan, reverse diet for 6 weeks, then slow cut for 12 weeks. Think the break from dieting will do me the world of good mentally as well as physically and hopefully I will gain abit of LBM
    I think a break is a good idea. You have been at this for a bit. I read somewhere here that op suggest up to 6 mo. Your plan looks interesting. Be looking in to see how it goes!

good luck on your next plan mate.......you going back to your old log, starting a new one or not bothering this time around?
    Cheers buddy, think I might start a new log for the reverse diet.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post

I think a break is a good idea. You have been at this for a bit. I read somewhere here that op suggest up to 6 mo. Your plan looks interesting. Be looking in to see how it goes!
    Thank you

Yeah I've been cutting for 4 months (since the 1st Jan) so a break is long over due, for my sanity if nothing else lol

I've had success with the UD 2.0 I've lost 8-10lbs of bodyfat. Since I started cutting I've lost around 20lbs, so the mission has been a success captain.

My last ever UD2.0 workout

HEAVY TENSION GROWTH WORKOUT
    (supersets) (reps of 3-8) (2-3 warm up sets)

Deadlifts x3 (working sets)- calf rises x3

Flat benchpress x3 - Bent over rows x3

Incline benchpress x3 - chin ups x3

Squats x3 - abs x4

Military press x3 - rear delt flys x3

Bicep curl x2 - close grip benchpress x2

Had 3 mins rest between each set, workout took 2 and half hours.

My concluding thoughts on the diet/routine. This diet is very demanding, takes up alot of time in you life, (time consuming) but I have to say it does what it says on the tin, this routine strips bodyfat while maintaining LBM.
    Also this routine is very educational, I have learned a great deal about how my body works from following this protocol.
    For anyone thinking of following the UD2.0. It is a tough tortures routine, but by the end of your time on the routine you will be a wiser man for your pain.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hahaha between you and energizer I have decided not to carb cycle! I know 405 swears by it but, with summer here I am already finding it more difficult to keep my current gym schedule... skipped Friday to go drag some knees on my bike. So I will continue running a deficit and pump up my HIIT in a fasted state more often before work and cut back on weight training.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    Hahaha between you and energizer I have decided not to carb cycle! I know 405 swears by it but, with summer here I am already finding it more difficult to keep my current gym schedule... skipped Friday to go drag some knees on my bike. So I will continue running a deficit and pump up my HIIT in a fasted state more often before work and cut back on weight training.
    lol mate, the UD 2.0 is an extreme example of carb cycling.........there are easy more sustainable carb cycling routines.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag
    I have never carb cycled but 405 keeps telling me I should and would get great results! I also read that about any solid program works....but need to pick one!

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    As EB saying, they is less stressful forms of carb cycling. The UD is a hardcore extreme version.
    Im done with carb cycling, it kicked my ass lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information