Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    951thompson is offline Senior Member

951thompsons ultimate diet 2.0 log

Im starting a new log, pacifically for the UD 2.0 ddiet.

In a nutshell The diet consists of 4 low carb glycogen depletion days, coupled with two total body high rep depletion workouts. Monday - Thursday

On Thursday evening I enter a new phase of the diet, I have a total body powerlifting workout, then I begin a 30 hour carb refeed where I consume 1000g-1200g carbs (Thursday evening, then though all day Friday)
    Saturday morning I will have another total body powerlifting workout. Saturday and Sunday I eat high/mod carb at maintenance calories.
    Then Monday the cycle starts all over again.

Thats the diet and routine in brief, if you are interested in the diet I suggest you read Lyle McDonalds book.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Post up some pics!
    And good luck. I wouldn't mind eating 1200 carbs, id feel like king tut.

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Post up some pics!
    And good luck. I wouldn't mind eating 1200 carbs, id feel like king tut.
    Thanks

I would post some photos, but it won't let me upload any. Can't even change my AVI.haven't been able to for about 9 months. I had a word with admin a while back about it, there said it's a technical problem and they are trying to sort it out

Just finished my 2nd depletion workout (legs back and bicep)

Leg curls x4
    Hamstring curls x4
    Squats x8
    Overhand rows x5
    Underhand rows x5
    Deadlifts x 8
    Calf rises x8
    Bicep barbell curls x3
    Concentration curls x3

All of the above were in the rep range of 15-20 (feel the burn)

I will have a go at uploading a photo on my laptop when I get home

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sub'd!

As you know, we recently discussed this. I may run UD2.0 (albeit somewhat modified to fit my schedule) at the end of my cut, depending on where I'm at physically at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Sub'd!

As you know, we recently discussed this. I may run UD2.0 (albeit somewhat modified to fit my schedule) at the end of my cut, depending on where I'm at physically at that point.
    Niceone mate, its a brutal routine, but it gets you the results and fast. Now I have got used to the routine, I must be a sadist or something, because im actually starting to enjoy doing it lol

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    will be following 951 ! !!

1200g carb refeeds are awesome!

bagels with fat free cream cheese, strawberry preserves (toasted) are fantastic! i ate a whole package each time..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    will be following 951 ! !!

1200g carb refeeds are awesome!

bagels with fat free cream cheese, strawberry preserves (toasted) are fantastic! i ate a whole package each time..

Cheers bud, if you see me doing anything wrong or if you have any advice seen as you have been there and done this, I would really appreciate your experienced input.
    I love refeeding, feeds my greedy mentality lol getting stuck into cereal, I love cereal, lots of bread sandwiches and yogurt, even alittle candy. I make my own homemade low fat pizza too, love refeeding, makes the whole week worth it

Days total calories 170 pro 31 carb 52 fat 1200cal

Day off from training today (protocol)

I haven't done any cardio this week, mainly due to me recovering from been ill, had a chest infection/flu think mainly due to me been run down (training too hard, over trained) and the cold weather here in England probably hasn't helped. So taking it easy on the cardio this week.

Tho tomorrow though I plan on starting Lyle McDonalds stubborn fat solution cardio protocol. Going to do it once per week on Thursday mornings. I am also going to add 20 mins mid intensity 5 mins after I finish my Tuesday night workout.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    good idea starting a new log mate, when people google UD 2.0 they will get brought here!........how long you planing on running it for this time?

Quote Originally Posted by energizer bunny View Post
    good idea starting a new log mate, when people google UD 2.0 they will get brought here!........how long you planing on running it for this time?
    Yeah they will won't they, I never though of that

the plan is to go at it for another 6-8 week's, depending on how my body holds up. If I feel tired and over trained after six weeks, I will take a week or two off, if don't feel tired I will keep going til week 8.

Days total calories- 1200kcal 170g pro 36g carb 42g fat

Just got done doing the stubborn fat solution cardio workout. Was abit nasty because my legs where aching still from Tuesday nights depletion workout. Got though it tho was a nice workout.

Got a powerlifting total body workout to do later this evening, then straight after I start my carb up can't wait to get stuck into some carbs, (bring on the food, feed me!)

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Just got done doing the stubborn fat solution cardio workout. Was abit nasty because my legs where aching still from Tuesday nights depletion workout. Got though it tho was a nice workout.

Got a powerlifting total body workout to do later this evening, then straight after I start my carb up can't wait to get stuck into some carbs, (bring on the food, feed me!)
    so are you just doing your own thing now with regards to the workouts?

so are you just doing your own thing now with regards to the workouts?
    No im following the UD 2.0 to every last detail. Was just a cardio session I did earlier. I finished reading the stubborn fat solution book yesterday,I thought the stuborn fat solution was going to be a diet plan, it's not, it's a cardio workout. Which I've started doing on the morning of day 4
    Last edited by 951thompson; 03-28-2013 at 11:21 AM.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    Sub'd. I'm thinking I will do this at the end of my new cycle during PCT.

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal69 View Post
    Sub'd. I'm thinking I will do this at the end of my new cycle during PCT.
    Thanks dude

I wouldnt advise doing it during PCT it's a very demanding routine, are'nt you supposed to deload during PCT?

It's an awesome routine though, gets results

Just got done with my workout,

Squats x 3
    Military press x 2
    Under hand row x 2
    Overhand row x 2
    Side lateral rises x3
    Calf rises x3
    Deadlift x3
    Incline benchpress x2
    Flat benchpress x2
    Press ups (with rubber resistance band) x3
    Sit ups x3
    Barbell curls x 2
    Close grip bench x2

All of the above reps of 8-10 (2 reps or so short of failure)
    This workout f u c k e d me up, didn't think I was going to make it at one point, I was going dizzy, thought I was going to pass out at times, , we nearly had a man down.

YIPPEEEEEE time to carb up, got 800-1000 carb to chomp though, I've just destroyed cereal, jam on toast, yogurt,pint of milk in like 3 minutes flat, I was literally starving, I felt like an Ethiopian who had'nt eaten for a week.

The things I put myself though

Thanks dude

I wouldnt advise doing it during PCT it's a very demanding routine, are'nt you supposed to deload during PCT?
    Well, the diet portion anyway. In my own experience I've had good results by carb cycling, but it doesn't work for me unless I do it more extreme than most plans call for. For example going 2,000 or more calories over my plan for two days in a row - like over a weekend, followed by a return to my diet on Monday. just doing 500 cal or so every 3 days doesn't really do it for me.

Well, the diet portion anyway. In my own experience I've had good results by carb cycling, but it doesn't work for me unless I do it more extreme than most plans call for. For example going 2,000 or more calories over my plan for two days in a row - like over a weekend, followed by a return to my diet on Monday. just doing 500 cal or so every 3 days doesn't really do it for me.
    Im not sure I don't take steroids , so I don't know a great deal about them, but im sure I've read you shouldn't eat at a deficit during PCT and also that you should deload, this is to give you central nervous system a rest. Tho you might know better then me, so if im talking bollocks then just tell me lol.

Does anyone want to chime in?

No, actually, I think you're exactly right. There's just no rushing in this world I guess.

No, actually, I think you're exactly right. There's just no rushing in this world I guess.
    Yeah following this diet and routine would probably do you more harm then good during PCT. I would give it a month or two after you finish PCT to start cutting.

Im going to try a different approach to my carb up today, my last carb load I tried 70% from starch at 800g. This week im going to try 60% starch 100g from fructose and the rest from glucose. Im shooting to consume 900g, I've already had 300g and its only 10:30am

No training today, rest day (resting and pigging out on carbs today)
    Last edited by 951thompson; 03-29-2013 at 04:43 AM.

Struggling to eat all my carbs today, ive eat 650g im stuffed, belly is so full I feel like its going to explode. Could Do with taking a shit to make more room!
    Seriously don't think im going to be able to make it to 900g, think I've only got room for 1 more 100g meal.
    Last edited by 951thompson; 03-29-2013 at 03:36 PM.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nut up and do it, nobody likes a quitter!!

^^ funny i remember those days! How many carb loads have u done?? It does good if u can to eat every 2 hrs .. Toasted Bagels w jelly and fat free cream cheese were one of my favorites! Not to mention the 250g carbs bowl of honey bunches of oats, frosted mini wheats, homey nut cheerios, 2 sliced bananas, raisins, milk (one helluva bowl
    Cereal! )

Ud2 is where i developed my love for peanut butter capn crunch!

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Nut up and do it, nobody likes a quitter!!
    I managed to get to 800g or so by eating a crap load of candy

^^ funny i remember those days! How many carb loads have u done?? It does good if u can to eat every 2 hrs .. Toasted Bagels w jelly and fat free cream cheese were one of my favorites! Not to mention the 250g carbs bowl of honey bunches of oats, frosted mini wheats, homey nut cheerios, 2 sliced bananas, raisins, milk (one helluva bowl
    Cereal! )
    I hit a wall last night mate lol I just could'nt fit anymore in, I think my mistake was making my pizza dough out of wholemeal flour, it was too filling and slow digesting, will have to use white flour next time.
    This was my 4th carb carb up, been ok eating the other times, was the pizza, it did me in, I felt like I was doing one of those man vs food challenges lol
    think I will have to take your advice and stuff my face with cereal next time

Done a powerlifting workout

Military press x 2
    Squats x 3
    Overhand row x2
    Underhand row x2
    Rear delta flies x2
    Sit ups x2
    Deadlifts x3
    Calf rises x3
    Incline benchpress x2
    Flat benchpress x3
    Press ups with resistance band x2
    Bicep curls x2
    Close grip benchpress x2

Heavy loads reps of 3-6 (one rep before failure)

Todays micros- 170g pro 298g carb 39g fat

i guess u dont like toasted bagels with cream cheese and strawberry preserves ??

i guess u dont like toasted bagels with cream cheese and strawberry preserves ??
    Yeah I do I love bagels, love the ones with raisins in, like to eat them with lemon curb Mmmmm lovely
    I ate alot strawberry jam on toasted bread on Friday, may have the bulk of my carb load with cereal next week, seen as it's not too filling.

Had my bodyfat tested, I used 3 different formulas, Jackson and Pollock 6 point test 10.9% (this is the test I've been using, so im down nearly a percent from 11.6%) which is pretty good considering I had a week off from training and diet last week

four point test 14.9%

9 point test 13.6%

Judging off girlygymrats photo chart, I would say the higher two readings are in the right ball park.

No training today, (rest)

Diet- im eating moderate carbs for half of today, low carb 2nd half.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    951 This gave me a good laugh this morning...thanks I needed one! Next week I will be on vacation in Jamaica with the wife and another couple. I tentatively plan to workout while I am there...(they have a nice gym at the resort) but also plan to drink like a fish and lay on the beach in the sun.... A LOT! 25 degrees in Green Bay today! But, when I get back I am going to try this to get down to that elusive 10% BF! I have a schedule figured out and if you look at my thread you will see what I have planned. I plan to start my re-feed after my workout on Day4 then finish the next day.
    I wish you luck and will be watching your results.

405 How many carbs are in your cream cheese, strawberry preserve bagels? Also do you think it makes a difference if the carbs consumed are simple (candy/fruit) or complex (rice/bagels)?
    Last edited by bethdoth; 04-01-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    951 This gave me a good laugh this morning...thanks I needed one! Next week I will be on vacation in Jamaica with the wife and another couple. I tentatively plan to workout while I am there...(they have a nice gym at the resort) but also plan to drink like a fish and lay on the beach in the sun.... A LOT! 25 degrees in Green Bay today! But, when I get back I am going to try this to get down to that elusive 10% BF! I have a schedule figured out and if you look at my thread you will see what I have planned. I plan to start my re-feed after my workout on Day4 then finish the next day.
    I wish you luck and will be watching your results.

405 How many carbs are in your cream cheese, strawberry preserve bagels? Also do you think it makes a difference if the carbs consumed are simple (candy/fruit) or complex (rice/bagels)?
    nice to hear I made you chuckle lol. It's a good routine mate, very demanding, but it does the job

In regards to carb choices, you need to limit fructose to 100g because it's mainly used to feed the liver, liver glycogen gets full around at 100g, you should limit sucrose too. Everything else is fair game, starch and glucose. Some carbs work better for different folks, me I try to get around 60% from starch, I feel I had my best carb load from this ratio a few weeks back, you have to dial it in, play around with it, see what work best for you.
    Last edited by 951thompson; 04-01-2013 at 09:43 AM.

I haven't recovered very well from Saturdays high tension powerlifting workout. My legs back and shoulders are aching like a bitch! I've got a depletion workout in a couple of hours, not an attractive prospect, im gonna have to man up :-/

I haven't recovered very well from Saturdays high tension powerlifting workout. My legs back and shoulders are aching like a bitch! I've got a depletion workout in a couple of hours, not an attractive prospect, im gonna have to man up :-/
    good on you mate!..........i dont envy your pain at all!

good on you mate!..........i dont envy your pain at all!
    My body is as sore as a prostitutes fanny. I feel naffed, im sipping a big black cup of strong coffee now, hopefully it will give me a boost for my workout which I will be starting in around 30 or so mins :-s

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information