wannabeme is offline Junior Member

3 squares a day vs. 5

Just throwing it out there, without going into details, I have not changed anything (as far as I can estimate) except eating 3 larger vs. 5 smaller meals a day, and I've lost a good 1/2-3/4 inch off my waist in the last month. Could be unrelated to the # of meals, but wow are my meals more satisfying now and way more convenient. Who knows, could be statistically insignificant because there is something else at play, but I'm going to stick to this regimen and try not to change anything else too much and see what happens.

I should also point out there are virtually ZERO calories (snacks) outside of these 3 meals. Not even coffee creamer/sweetner. I make sure I have that with breakfast meal, not separate, if I have coffee at all.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Does'nt really matter, so long as you hit your micros.

smileybeast is offline New Member
    It can make a difference..

I am using the warrior and lean gains diet where I only eat post work out.. this leads to that I only affect my insulin level in one big spike follow by 4 meals the next 4-6 hours post work out..

I have been eating like this for 6 months now and it has just made my metabolism increase from aorund 2500 Kcal at maintain level to 3600 Kcal..

So it may be true that eating bigger meals for you will lead to increased fat gain (if you eat clean) and get the nutritions your body needs ofc.

If you want to you can try to eat all your meals in a 6 hour window like I do, it may increase your metabolism even more

Good luck with your dieting!!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeme View Post
    I should also point out there are virtually ZERO calories (snacks) outside of these 3 meals. Not even coffee creamer/sweetner. I make sure I have that with breakfast meal, not separate, if I have coffee at all.
    ^^ this is likely the reason for your success. Meal frequency has zero bearing on metabolism. That's been proven beyond a doubt, so there's no point in even debating it.

I'm currently eating 4 meals/day plus a PWO shake, and may switch to 3 myself. I used to follow the 'gospel' 6-8 small meals/day thinking I was doing myself some good. All I did was make myself hungry and miserable. No thanks, I'd rather enjoy my meals and feel satiated.... and dare I say feed my body enough to actually build so gotdamn muscle!?

Oh yeah, I DO have a protein shake (just whey that has like 3g sugar 24g protein) post workout if the workout is on an empty stomach. 30-45 minutes after the shake I eat a meal.

GB your gains are nothing less than spectacular.

Thread Information