Etbthree is offline New Member

Proposed Cutting Diet - Looking for actual advise...

Goals: Shed BF, gain lean mass (cycling Test / Tren ... maybe clen before or after cycle...)
    Ht: 6' 7"
    Wt: 240lbs
    BF: 15%

Please help me critique my diet plan! I've had multiple comments like "your diet needs help," or "work on your diet" in my other thread post under the AAS section. So, I have come here to receive some actual help, instead of unproductive comments like the ones I just listed.

I will be doing cardio, post workout, for 45mins - 1hour, 5 days a week. 1 day of only cardio, on Sunday.

My TDEE is 3,243. Planning on running a 500cal deficit, while maintaining high protein, moderate to low carbs (whichever is ideal for cutting) and low fats.

Heres what I have so far:

Calories P / C / F

MEAL 1
    Protein Shake (URG) 2 Scoops: 345cal 30g / 50g / 3g
    3 eggs (w/ yolk): 180cal 18g / 0g / 12g
    1 cup egg whites: 120cal 26g / 2g / 0g
    *Handfull of Spinach*
    TOTAL: 645cal 74g / 52g / 15g

MEAL 2
    5o* Baked Chicken: 230cal 43g / 0g / 5g
    6o* Sweet Potato: 150cal 6g / 36g / 0g
    TOTAL: 380cal 49g / 36g / 5g

WORKOUT

Post / Intra Workout
    Protein Shake (Probound): 200cal 12g / 24g / 3.5g
    TOTAL: 200cal 12g / 24g / 3.5g

MEAL 3 (After Workout)
    10o* Baked Chicken: 460cal 86g / 0g / 10g
    1cup Chopped Broccoli: 54cal 4g / 12g / 0g
    6o* Sweet Potato: 150cal 6g / 36g / 0g
    TOTAL: 644cal 96g / 48g / 10g

MEAL 4
    10 Asparagus Spears: 30cal 2g / 5g / 0g
    10o* Salmon: 580cal 60g / 0g / 30g
    TOTAL: 610cal 62g / 2g / 30g

Before Bed
    Universal Casein Protein: 234cal 48g / 6g / 1g
    TOTAL: 234cal 48g / 6g / 1g

GRAND TOTALS:
    CALORIES - 2,713
    PROTEIN - 341g
    CARBS - 168g
    FAT - 64.5g

Fire away!
    Last edited by Etbthree; 04-01-2013 at 12:46 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Is this the diet people gave you shit about? If so, I can't imagine why - it's a damn good diet. Assuming your numbers are close (I'm too la*y to do calculations these days), this diet is gtg. The only critique I could make (which would be nitpicking) is protein is a tad high. It's not a big deal at all, but if you wanted to add a bit more carbs and/or fats, you could knock it back to 300g which is plenty for you, thereby giving yourself some 'wiggle room'.

How does cardio factor into this plan?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Agree with GB, the quality is pretty good. I suspect you are being told to work on your diet to reduce bf for your cycle.

I do think your cals may be a little low. I'd have your tdee at approx 3500. I'd probably start with a 3000c diet at a 60% pro, 30% carbs and 20% fat breakdown. Although that gives you 375g protein. Alternately a 40/40/20 split is also an excellent starting point.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Is this the diet people gave you shit about? If so, I can't imagine why - it's a damn good diet. Assuming your numbers are close (I'm too la*y to do calculations these days), this diet is gtg. The only critique I could make (which would be nitpicking) is protein is a tad high. It's not a big deal at all, but if you wanted to add a bit more carbs and/or fats, you could knock it back to 300g which is plenty for you, thereby giving yourself some 'wiggle room'.

How does cardio factor into this plan?
    Yay! This is exactly the kind of reply I wanted to see! Thanks Gbrice!

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Agree with GB, the quality is pretty good. I suspect you are being told to work on your diet to reduce bf for your cycle.

I do think your cals may be a little low. I'd have your tdee at approx 3500. I'd probably start with a 3000c diet at a 60% pro, 30% carbs and 20% fat breakdown. Although that gives you 375g protein. Alternately a 40/40/20 split is also an excellent starting point.
    Got it, I'll make some adjustments and post them up here after I get off work! Thanks Back in Black!

Quote Originally Posted by Etbthree View Post
    Yay! This is exactly the kind of reply I wanted to see! Thanks Gbrice!
    No problem buddy. Trust me, if there was anything about this diet that needed to be 'ripped apart', I'd be happy to accommodate!

Do you have any pics? 6'7 240lbs... big fckin dude!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    No problem buddy. Trust me, if there was anything about this diet that needed to be 'ripped apart', I'd be happy to accommodate!

Do you have any pics? 6'7 240lbs... big fckin dude!
    Haha thanks man, I didn't understand why people were bashing on this diet
    It runs in the family I guess lol
    My little brother (18) is 6' 4" 230lbs... hes gonna be a big mofo...
    All my cousins are 6' 4" and up with a pretty big build...
    Lucked out in the genetics department I suppose haha
    Last edited by Etbthree; 04-01-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etbthree
    Haha thanks man, I didn't understand why people were bashing on this diet
    It runs in the family I guess lol
    My little brother (18) is 6' 4" 230lbs... hes gonna be a big mofo...
    All my cousins are 6' 4" and up with a pretty big build...
    Lucked out in the genetics department I suppose haha
    Sick!! Lucky!!

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Honestly, I'm in complete agreement with GB and BIB. I really like this diet and feel it fits your goal(s) perfectly. We can always nitpick and offer our opinions but overall, I think you did a great job on this diet plan. Did you create this menu from scratch? If so, give yourself a lot of credit b/c you nailed it.

I agree with GB. Most BBers feel that they have to overload their bodies with massive amounts of protein but IMO, balance trumps all. I'm one of the few fat fans that loves to incorporate more fat in peoples diets. The old school notion of "the more fat you consume equals the more fat you wear" doesnt sit well with me. Therefore, I'd recommend adding a little more fat in your diet. Your layout is extremely well balanced so as long as you're eating Salmon daily, I'd add a couple tablespoons of all natural PB to your nightly Casein shake. That would put your fat right around 100g and roughly 25-30% of your macros. It will aid your nighlty shake in a slow, steady absorption. On a side note I actually take Universals Casein as well, it's a great product.

I see your cardio is listed at 45-60min PWO and your following meals are perfect. A small shake to replenish glycogen storage and a well balanced meal shortly afterwards to top it off with a slower digesting whole meal. The combination of both worlds, good thinking.

As already mentioned, the diet looks great. Could button up a few things here and there but it's honestly nitpicking more then anything. I really like it and hope you do well with it. Keep us posted on the progress.

Thread Information