cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Eating for blood type

Im sure this has been brought up, but has anyone ever done this, and how did they like it ? I was thinking of giving it a whirl. I don't know if there is any proof behind it that it actually works, I guess that's why I'm asking the question...
    Would eating for your blood type , the foods that they recommend, really impact your health/well being?
    Seems for me "A blood type" was to avoid red meat, which sucks for me....and eat more legumes/beans... I duno if I could survive without my steak!

Anyone ever try this ?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Very interesting idea and one i have not seen since ive been here. If nothing else itd be interesting to see where i/u/we stack up as far as what we actually eat vs what is suggested we eat.

Of course first i suppose i will have to figure out what blood type i am..

That's probably the first step lol,,

I had a friend that did it, and then swore by it.. Cleared up her psoriasis which nothing else seemed to help, and she just said she felt
    Better., more energy, ect ect..
    It may be a placebo effect, who knows.
    I may give it a whirl in the near future and let ya know how things pan out.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Eating for blood type was one of the miracle diets of the 90's. IMO, it is BS.

This concept came out when I was a 9 grader, and I even remember the cover of the book that was published by a Turkish nutritionist who turned out to be somewhat of a buffoon later in his career, doing what he does for the mere sake of making money and popularity.

My blood type is A and the last thing that works for me is to avoid red meat. I don't consider not ever eating red meat as an option, because it works very well for me. Do I avoid legumes often? Yes, but not because of my blood type, because I have high carb sensitivity and legume particularly bloats me worse then oats or rice per se. Then there is the gas too. Do I suffer from these because legume and my blood type don't go hand in hand? Hard to believe.

Provita is offline Associate Member
    ^^^^Agree!

I've tried it, and it is a pain in the butt without any results. In fact, it put tremendous limitations on a diet. Imo, keep it simple. Good quality nutrients, in proteins, complex carbs and plant fats.

I am also blood type A, and living in South Africa, where red meat is a staple for almost every meal, it is not the easiest thing to go without.
    Last edited by Provita; 04-03-2013 at 08:10 AM.

I've tried it, and it is a pain in the butt without any results
    Well the proof is in the pudding, thanks for the reply!

rollingthunder is offline Associate Member
    i remember reading the book "eat right 4 your type" years ago, which was about structuring your diet based on your blood type.

the first problem is, unless you donate blood, you probably don't even know what your blood type IS. i think i asked my dr during a checkup once and he said it wasn't in my file.

don't know if there is any validity to the concept or not...

Thread Information