Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Heath48
  • 1 Post By baseline_9
  • 1 Post By Heath48

Thread: Need 405's input on my fasting routine

Heath48 is offline New Member

Need 405's input on my fasting routine

As the title days I have a few questions regarding how I want to go about my fasting and working out. I will post up my current routine and you can let me know what you think.

5am- take 5grams of creatine with Pre workout drink
    1mr and no xplode
    530am- weight training for 45min- 1 hour

630am-5pm 30grams BCAA

600pm- 1 hour cardio on eliptical

700pm post workout shake, 1 cup strawberries, 1 banana 5 grams of creatine
    Macros- cal 951- carb 112-pro 92- fat 20

830pm- 10pz chicken, 1 cup cooled brown rice
    Macros- cal 638- carb 41- pro 85- fat 12

930pm- 4 oz chicken, 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, 1 shake 7 grams glutamine
    Macros- cal 517- carb 31- pro 84.5- fat 10

1045pm bedtime shake 7 grams glutamine
    Macros- cal 850- carb 150- pro75- fat 10

Total macros- cal 2956- carb 334- pro 336.5- fat- 42

Now my stats are-

5'7"
    175 pounds
    Roughly 15% bodyfat "I will post a pic and let you guys be the judge"

Short term goal is to hit single percent body fat and then long term is to maintain that percentage up to 190-195 pounds

My workout routine is-

Monday- chest bis am- cardio pm
    Tuesday- legs am- cardio pm
    Wednesday- shoulders tris am- cardio pm
    Thursday- off am- cardio pm
    Friday- back bis am- cardio pm
    Saturday- off am- cardio pm
    Sunday- off am- legs pm no cardio

Depending on what time I get off work my fast will go from around 11pm to between 4 pm and 630pm the next day. Also my cal are above maintainence by roughly 2-300

I also have a physical job as I am an electrician so I burn a good amount of cals at work everyday. So if you guys could give me your thoughts on this workout and diet that would be great! Thanks in advance guys.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    How did you come up with this fasting routine? Why do you want to fast?

I'm just curious.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Short term goal is to hit single percent body fat and then long term is to maintain that percentage up to 190-195 pounds
    lean body recomp like this will take 7-9 years of hard work, you wont see changes in the mirror and it will be a mental game more then anything. plus to stay single digit and put on lbm and keep strength moving in a linear fashion ur macros have to be reassessed quite often. Hard game.

and u are consuming carbs in the morning and breaking your fast. Skip the supplements, have a shot of espresso for a boost in the gym, take 1 scoop bcaa before the gym and 2 during the work out. make sure to find a formula that isnt flavored or have any carbohydrates.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    is this an "IF" style where u plan fasting daily and eating 3000cals every day?? are u thinking u can be above maintenance on average and still drop body fat because ur fasting?

700pm post workout shake, 1 cup strawberries, 1 banana 5 grams of creatine
    Macros- cal 951- carb 112-pro 92- fat 20
    what ingredients are missing from this list??

1045pm bedtime shake 7 grams glutamine
    Macros- cal 850- carb 150- pro75- fat 10
    and this one??

rough maintenance at 175 lbs 15%bf (2231cals)

puts u at approx 725cal surplus daily. u say 200-300 above maintenance, have u established ur maintenance cals thru trial and error already at @2700??

As far as coming up with this routine I read on here quite a bit and tried to fit a 16-20 hour fast into my lifestyle and this is what I came up with. I was looking at fasting to drop body fat down to below 10%.

As far as taking 7-9 years that's why I posted here, to ask what will work better. Maybe this can be a summer diet for me to keep my body fat down and then do more of a bulk in the winter. With the 11.5 grams of carbs I missed in the Pre workouts how huge is that persay?

Yes this is an if style I guess, I have read quite a few post on here and as I said above came up with this. And yes I was under the understanding that with doing the additional cardio, fasted I could still be a couple hundred cals over maintenance to continue to build lbm instead of losing or staying the same.
    My maintenance cals were based on the fact of having a physical job. Using the tdee at the top of the previous page. I wasnt sure if that or my lbmx15 would be sufficent. When taken into account my job and the amount of working out I would be doing.

Post workout shake consist of-
    3 scoops 100% whey
    3 scoops of ground oats
    Cal 800- carb 67-pro 90-fat 20

Bedtime shake consist of
    3 scoops protien powder
    3 scoops waxy maize

Once again, I am kinda new to everything so please bear with me. I appreciate the help.

Bump

Thank you, I appreciate it! I will take a look at those. What does everyone else think? Any big changes I should make right off the bat? It will take me a few days to read through all those lol
    gbrice75 likes this.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath48 View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate it! I will take a look at those. What does everyone else think? Any big changes I should make right off the bat? It will take me a few days to read through all those lol
    depends what u want to do. if u want to bulk u can try it where u have it set, but IMO if ur eating that many cals above maintenance everyday ur gonna gain body fat, fasting or not..

So how exactly would I figure my tdee?

Lbm x 15= 2231

Now how do I figure the amount of working out I do with this formula? If I use the tdee I come up with around 3000 like I said before. Please help me understand this. I do an hour on the eliptical and burn 550-600 calories, plus on my feet climbing ladders all day, and lifting weights in the morning.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    How did you come up with this fasting routine? Why do you want to fast?

I'm just curious.
    GB, dammm lol, this is EXACTLY what I was going to ask the OP.... Why do you want to do fasting?
    gbrice75 likes this.
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100

Lbm x 15= 2231

Now how do I figure the amount of working out I do with this formula? If I use the tdee I come up with around 3000 like I said before. Please help me understand this. I do an hour on the eliptical and burn 550-600 calories, plus on my feet climbing ladders all day, and lifting weights in the morning.
    Ok, LBM x 15 is going to give you a pretty close guesstimate of your maintenance calorie intake (the number you burn sitting on your ass doing nothing....

From there is really is a guessing game (the whole this is TBH)....

You can add your 550 calories from cardio to that number... You can add maybe another 350 calories for lifting... And maybe a few extra hundred cals if you have an active job....

But really you just need to pick a goal, pick a weight loss/gain number per week and then try and guesstimate a good number of calories to make you hit your goal each week.....

Hit your macros perfect and and then gauge how close you were to your target with the scales
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Lbm x 15= 2231

TDEE generally encompasses ALL daily activity. So, your training, cardio, work, etc. should all be factored in.

LBM x 15 is a 'formula' I've been using for years. Realize that it's very crude and will only provide a rough starting point for most people. I say "most people" because there are exceptions; e.g. people with highly physical/labor type jobs (possibly like yourself), people who are extremely active aside from training (organized sports, hikers, cyclists, runners, etc.). In those cases, this formula will likely output a number that's a bit low.

The problem I have with the 'real' formulas (e.g. Katch-McArdle, Harris-Benedict, etc) is that they are too subjective, particularly with the activity multiplier. What you consider 'moderately active' can vary greatly from what I/others consider 'moderately active'. In my experience, these usually have people way too high.

IMO - start with LBM x 15 anyway. You're cutting - so if it's on the low end, so what? It's not like you'll be eating 1300 calories/day. This will require you to monitor your progress (or lack thereof) and make adjustments as needed.

^^ Sorry Base, must've been posting at the same time as you. Don't mean to create any confusion OP, although Base and I pretty much gave you the same advice (start with LBM x 15).

Thanks guys, that was were I thought things were weird, cause I have tried 2300 and that left me sleepy all day and felt like I had absolutely no energy. I suppose I thought fasted cardio would help me get to where I want to be "sub 10% bf" fairly quick, and it fits my lifestyle. I'm kinda like gb as he stated in the thread he linked above. If I have a diet where I have wiggle room, it goes south. Also I have found out that I am so hungry come 6-7 pm that my chicken and rice taste so good it's like I'm eating a tasty dessert!!! I will try starting at 2500 per day and go from there. I appreciate all the help
    gbrice75 likes this.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks guys, that was were I thought things were weird, cause I have tried 2300 and that left me sleepy all day and felt like I had absolutely no energy. I suppose I thought fasted cardio would help me get to where I want to be "sub 10% bf" fairly quick, and it fits my lifestyle. I'm kinda like gb as he stated in the thread he linked above. If I have a diet where I have wiggle room, it goes south. Also I have found out that I am so hungry come 6-7 pm that my chicken and rice taste so good it's like I'm eating a tasty dessert!!! I will try starting at 2500 per day and go from there. I appreciate all the help
    Sleepy could be your not eating the right carbs at the right times. And water intake is a must
    Although if you went from like 3700 to 2400 per day thats a big adjustment for the body in one day.

Sounds good... keep us posted and listen to your body!

Thread Information