MrMayhem is offline Associate Member

Chemicals, Poinsons, and GMO

Im not gonna sit here and pretend to be an expert on these subjects, but I have done extensive research and Im going to attempt to present a lot of it here, the best I can.

Of course in the Bodybuilding and powerlifting worlds, nutrition is a HUGE part and its no surprise we have a forum dedicated to this, but what I find somewhat troubling is that I dont find much talk of all the chemicals and potential poisons in our foods.

FOR INSTANCE, take tap water there's MANY MANY MANY chemicals in tap water that cause a whole host and multitude of effects. Most of these adverse effects induced by these chemicals are cancer, brain damage, organ damage, bone weakening, and more. The government and people who support these chemicals say things like ''Well Fluoride in our tap water keeps teeth healthy.'' and that's true, but they don't tell u that in turn, it causes long term, permanent brain damage and weakens the bone structure.

This is just one example. For a full list of chemicals that are in your tap water, here is the link to the United Stated EPA's own website and the list of chemicals they admit and their side effects:
    Drinking Water Contaminants | Drinking Water Contaminants | US EPA

Please take time to look over this list and read these adverse effects. Anyone ever thought, maybe this is one reason cancer rates are so high these days?

Moving on from chemicals in the water, lets talk about other forms of poisons. A popular poison of choice by many is aspartame. Try to follow me here, Im gonna hit u with a lot of info... At 79 degrees F aspartame turns into wood alcohol, also called METHANOL (industrial chemical used in diesel fuel and as a solvent and many other industrial uses) . in the retina of the eye, at 89 degrees F the Methanol turns into Formaldehyde, which is also a common ingredient in methamphetamine and and industrial chemical like methanol and yes, this can lead to blindness. Now, that being said, we know the body is 98 degrees F and most foods and other chemicals end up at 98 degrees F before and/or during digestion. These are just a few fun facts and having this knowledge, u can no read these articles on aspartame:
    snopes.com: Aspartame -- Sweet Poison?

Dangers of Aspartame Poisoning!

Aspartame danger - urgent warning about tumors and seizures

NO, all my info is not coming from the articles that I am posting. These articles are just a few that I find with a quick search on google, just show u how open all this info is. My info and knowledge has been compiled from years and years or research.

And for those who enjoy the occasional fast food, lets touch on a popular favorite, McDonald's Chicken Nuggets... Contain the following:

Dimethylpolysiloxane, a form of silicone also used in cosmetics.

Butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), a form of butane.

According to one report, chicken is only about 50 percent of a McNugget; the remainder is a mixture of corn-derived ingredients, sugars and synthetic substances.

I'll let you, the reader, do more research on these things.

For my last little bit of typing, I'd like to touch on GMO (Genetically Modified Organism) foods. I hear it every where, ''GMO is not that bad,'' ''Theres not many studies on it, how do you know it's bad?'' Well heres a study for you... You can google it and find the official studies, its been done over and over and over, so theres plenty of info on it...

Cows are injected with recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH) so that they can and will produce much more milk. You'd think ''Hmm, same cow, more milk, saves money, whats the problem?'' Well... This hormone works great for about 6 weeks and then, the cows start producing puss filled milk. Instead of stopping the use of this hormone or LIMITING its use, milk producers just ultra pasteurize the milk and use RADIATION to kill the bacteria. We all know, radiation sticks to molecules for long periods of time. This is why the doctor recommends u only get xrays once a year, maybe twice. So how much puss are u actually drinking? Go on, drink up

If u have any questions, feel free to ask and correct me if Im wrong somewhere. Also, Im gonna apologize in advance, I get fired up about this stuff, but Ima try to stay professional, but sorry if I get a little spazzy.

MrMayhem is offline Associate Member
    haha, just seen I put an 'n' in the word poisons in the title. Damn, I really need to re-read my posts lol

Thread Information