Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My diet works, but is it healty????

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member

My diet works, but is it healty????

I知 very ectomorph, maybe with some tendence to mesomorph, but have a hard time to bulk, and loose muscle faster than the speed of light.
    My stock weight is 68kg lean on 1,85m, but after cycles and hard work, I知 at 80kg lean.
    My diet is something like 70% protein 25% carbs and 5% fats (on paper), protein linear throughout the day like fats, and carbs 70% more or less in the morning. Try to stay at 380-400gr of protein ED.
    I知 having the best shape in my life, but is this healthy for a longer period of time???
    My ingredients are somehow everyday the same, Chicken, Tuna, beef, eggs, rice, weat, yoghurt, tomatoes, pepperoni, duck, milk, whey protein, sustained protein, carots and I think that痴 it.
    I知 triyng to add new things, but its very difficult.
    Anyone can tell me if this diet could cause me some problems in the future??

Thanks

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Could you give us a practical breakdown for a day, including the macros for each meal please.

Once we know how much of those things you're eating I'm sure you'll get some feedback. I don't initially see a problem, other than your protein being quite high, but I'm far from an expert.

1 60gr of susta protein
    2 Half a cup of weat, half a cup of yoghurt (cup of 0,25cl)
    3 228gr of tuna mixed with 200gr of rice
    4 300-400gr of chicken with 200gr of rice
    5 60gr of susta protein
    6 228gr tuna (not always)
    7 preworkout + 34gr protein/ 26gr carbs
    WORKOUT
    8 2 tea-scoops of honey + 60gr of susta protein
    9 400-500 gr beef + some vegetables
    10 watermelon

sometimes I replace ingredients with others.
    With this diet, I'm conserving the muscles and strenght of my previous cycle, and getting lean very slowly, but linear.
    Last edited by XxAndreaxX; 04-17-2013 at 05:48 AM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    1 - you don't need 70% of your calories coming from protein, it's overkill, and it's a waste. Those 'wasted' calories could be coming from sources that would be better utilized by your body, which leads us to number 2...

2 - 5% of total calories coming by way of fat is WAY too little, unless you're eating 10,000 plus calories/day, which you aren't. This is a serious health concern - dietary fat is ESSENTIAL for many of your body's vital processes to function optimally. I'd bump fats up to somewhere between 15-20% ASAP.

Having said that, I'd like to see your total macros for the day. Total protein, carbs, fats, and calories.
    3day likes this.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Agree^^^

68kg 400g protein? Thats a waste!

no no, now I'm at 80kg. for the fats, don't know, I'm a little bit scared, because if I raise fats, I've to lower Carbs, and my carbs are already low.
    I'm playing very low at fats, on paper I'm at 5%, but in reality, I'm taking more, simply due the oil for cooking chicken breasts, or beef, I use very little but anyways, so I prefer to stay at 5 or max 10% fat on paper, so that in reality I'm below 20%

Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    no no, now I'm at 80kg. for the fats, don't know, I'm a little bit scared, because if I raise fats, I've to lower Carbs
    Why? 400g protein/day is too much for you, whether your 68kg, 80kg, or 100kg. I don't know what your BF% is, but at 176lbs (80kg), assuming you're in good shape, let's say 10% BF - you'd have a LBM of roughly 158lbs. 250g protein would be PLENTY for you. So you have 600 calories right there to play with.

I'm playing very low at fats, on paper I'm at 5%, but in reality, I'm taking more, simply due the oil for cooking chicken breasts, or beef, I use very little but anyways, so I prefer to stay at 5 or max 10% fat on paper, so that in reality I'm below 20%
    I'd go with at least 15%. Sounds like you don't really know what you're eating. I understand not knowing every last bit for sure, and at the end of the day, ALL of us are wrong about our macros, we can only be so accurate - but I think you probably need to get just a bit of a clearer picture of what you're taking in.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I stick with 1.5g protein lb/bw, .5g fat lb/bw and make up the rest of my calories with carbs.

I'm triyng to stay between 1,5-2gr per pound protein but its very hard. 400g is very much and I don't think I do take it every day, I think I'm rather between 300-350g.
    so if my goal is 70% protein 25% carbs and 5% fat, I think reality is more like 60% protein 30% carbs and 10% fat.
    But Its fine, I'm maintaining lean muscle, strenght, and lean out slowly but continuosly.
    so I should raise good fats? lower proteins and maintain carbs?? Like I said, if I change something now, like raising carbs or fats, I'll stop leaning out.

I'm triyng to stay between 1,5-2gr per pound protein but its very hard. 400g is very much and I don't think I do take it every day, I think I'm rather between 300-350g.
    Still too high

so if my goal is 70% protein 25% carbs and 5% fat, I think reality is more like 60% protein 30% carbs and 10% fat.
    Better, but I'd still be aiming for 15% fat, minimum, on a relatively low-moderate caloric intake.

so I should raise good fats? lower proteins and maintain carbs??
    Yep, that's what I'd do. Fats are ridiculously easy to raise too. Avacado, fish oil, nuts...

Like I said, if I change something now, like raising carbs or fats, I'll stop leaning out.
    How do you know this - have you tried?

I assume, because if I lower protein and replace caloric intake with fats, maybe my body will stop to lean out.
    I'll go for nuts, is it true nuts are anabolic ??

I assume, because if I lower protein and replace caloric intake with fats, maybe my body will stop to lean out.
    Eating too many calories, whether they come via protein, carbs, fats, or any combo of all 3, will stop you from leaning out. Changing macros around but keeping the same overall caloric intake isn't going to halt weight loss. In fact, it will likely have a positive effect on body composition as you'll be feeding your body more of the nutrients it needs, and less of what it already has enough of.

I'll go for nuts, is it true nuts are anabolic??
    All food is 'anabolic '. i.e. it's ingested, broken down into it's nutrient-counterparts, then used for various bodily functions - one of which is to repair and rebuild tissue (anabolism).

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is where cardio if your trying to cut is important

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post

Eating too many calories, whether they come via protein, carbs, fats, or any combo of all 3, will stop you from leaning out. Changing macros around but keeping the same overall caloric intake isn't going to halt weight loss. In fact, it will likely have a positive effect on body composition as you'll be feeding your body more of the nutrients it needs, and less of what it already has enough of.

All food is 'anabolic'. i.e. it's ingested, broken down into it's nutrient-counterparts, then used for various bodily functions - one of which is to repair and rebuild tissue (anabolism).
    Hey gb, how anabolic is my cookies n cream ice cream?

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    Hey gb, how anabolic is my cookies n cream ice cream?
    lol.... I can't even go there now... I've hijacked enough threads this week and it's only Wed!

Ok first step I'll replace the second sustained protein shake (60g), with some nuts. how many gr more or less?

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ok first step I'll replace the second sustained protein shake (60g), with some nuts. how many gr more or less?

What we really need is for you to post your TDEE and total macros for the day. Then we can begin to adjust your high protein intake.

Ok, so first I think I'll need to study the TDEE and macronutrient thing, because I don't know what it is. do you have a link?

don't know why, but I feel much healthier with my autumn fast-food bulking diet. I don't say its healthier because I suppose it's not, but Its my feeling.

Hi, so I didn't change anything but its nearly a week where I added 2-3 nuts 3 times a day. I passed from loosing weight, to gaining weight, my mates say its muscle mass, but I rather think its fat, not shure, I don't feel lean as before.
    went from a 77,8kg to 79kg, and stable at 78,5kg.
    Ah, I also added 2-3 scoops honey right after workout, or between 2 workouts (when I have to train 2 muscle groups a day).

barrybulkers is offline New Member
    I have to agree with the majority here! 400gr of protein is just ridiculous! 2grams per pound of bodyweight is more than enough! I even dare to say 2gr per pound LEAN body weight! 250gr seems right imo. As for me, i get 30% of my kcals from healthy fats. But anywhere between 20-30% seems right imo. It helps with test levels etc. staying or getting lean doesnt mean throwing all the fats out of ur diet. U need them, so use them! The rest of ur kcals are from carbs. Personally i eat 7 times a day, the last 2-3 meals i dont have any carbs except veggies but here i add the fats (oil, nuts, pb). I eat all my carbs with breakfast, pre wo, during wo and past wo. this seems to help me maintain my bf%! Since u have trouble gaining, i would recommend eating every 2-3hrs so 7-8 meals are not uncommon in ur situation.

This works for me, but maybe it can help you with ur diet!

thanks man, I'm doing it very similar, 70% of carbs in the morning and later pre and post workout. postworkout only fast acting carbs (honey and fruits like watermelon)
    so I could reduce somehow carbs,and maintain fats, or even add some more.... and quit the meal-protein shake. I'd be at roughly 300gr proteins a day.

Hi, so its 2 weeks since the end of PCT.
    I remained stable at 78kg, got lean, but strange things are happening.
    I’m not getting leaner any more, and sometimes I don’t look that lean as before, but it might be an optical illusion because I lost some muscle mass, although the weight is the same.
    I’m on creatine, but water retention should affect only muscle tissue as far as I know.
    My strength is somehow the same as during cycle, but thanks to creatine, I don’t get tired, and I don’t have that painful pumps.
    I’m getting some acne in my face, should I use some aromasin to kill some estrogen??
    My libido is perfect, nearly the same as during cycle, 500 test EW, 350 ten A EW
    I only want to hold on, don’t loose muscle until june, were I’ll start my new cycle.
    But things are getting close, I’m not able to loose more fat, and I’m having a hard time to hold muscle.
    What could be failing???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20130427-WA0000.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	138482

this is me now. as you can see, I'm leaner but not as big

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You've done how many cycles?

2 weeks since PCT and you're doing another cycle next month?

Why don't we have an 'exasperated' icon?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Buy a used nutrition textbook and start reading.
    And I seriously doubt you're eating as little fat as you claim with all that meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Buy a used nutrition textbook and start reading.
    And I seriously doubt you're eating as little fat as you claim with all that meat.
    hey, that's what I was talking about, I try to keep fat low, because meat has hidden fats, and if I think I'm eating 5%, I'm shurely taking 10%
    I'm about to start my 4th and last cycle

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Fat does not make you fat

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    Fat does not make you fat
    Not automatically, but it certainly can, as it is directly stored as adipose tissue with no real conversion needed.
    3day likes this.

Did you really write "guapo" in the mirror before taking that pic?

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Did you really write "guapo" in the mirror before taking that pic?
    hahahaahaah noooo it was my girl, she wrote it with lipstick, and I was too lazy to clean the mirror, so I took the photo hahaha

hahahaahaah noooo it was my girl, she wrote it with lipstick, and I was too lazy to clean the mirror, so I took the photo hahaha
    So if you already have a girl, why are you taking shirtless pics while making stupid faces? Was that for our benefit??

Its for you to see my BF% and my shape, so that you can help me out finding new ways to increase muscle and decrease fat hehehe.
    I have one question now.
    I got very lean, so lean that I can see veins on my upper abs, I think I’m in an 10% BF, I don’t really want to get leaner, I’d like to maintain it, because drop more BF would be loose a good amount of muscle, so until cycle, I’d like to maintain.
    My big problem, as I mentioned before, are te freakin love handles, so to say, I have everywere on my body, 1-2mm fat when I take my skin (so to say, there’s virtually no fat).
    Even on my belly, max 5mm fat. But on my handles, I have 1-2cm fat stored, it sucks, because as you can see on the photo, I already have a big waist, and the ****in handles makes it worse.
    So my question is, is there any possibility to loos localized fat?? I know that word is not on a BB dictionary, but some of my friends talk about carnicor (liquid carnitine to inject in the fat area).
    Liposuction would be another option, but its very expesive for quitting some few gr of fat.
    What can I do to get rid of that shit??
    Like I said, I don’t want to loose any more fat, I want to maintain, I only want to quit that storage.
    thanks

cruzetor is offline Junior Member
    increase your fat intake imho.

i am no expert however i would say 60% protein, 30%fats and 10%carbs is working well for me

10% carbs?? its nearly cetosis, is it?
    don't know, I'm afraid of fats, and I'm very ectomorph, so maybe 10% carbs is too little. I’ll set 60% protein, and do experiments with fats and carbs, will try to add more fats, and quit carbs.

I'm bumping this for you OP, it should be the ONLY thread you should be posting in on this forum.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Bump AGAIN for OP.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Good god.....

OP, how about we go back to post 1 and you tell us exactly the macros you are eating each day...... After reading this whole thread you seem to have no idea....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

hey, thanks for coming back here. Ok I'll count the macros again because I made some minor changes.
    Anyways, don’t know if I have idea or not, but my diet is working pretty well right now, Today I’m starting to get more olive oil with my fish, and quit or lower the meal carbs.
    I’ll try to calculate the macros, but when I’m looking at the results, and they seem pretty great. I lost even more fat these last days, I’m nearly lean as last summer during cycle, but I weight 2 more kg!!!!
    I’m actually leaning without loosing muscle, or loosing a small amount.
    I’ll let you know, but please, help me out with my cycle, if doses and timings are correct

Doom44 is offline Member
    you just done pct now want to run another cycle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information