Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slfmade

Thread: Slfmade's First Cycle Preliminary Diet. Need Input

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member

Slfmade's First Cycle Preliminary Diet. Need Input

Alright, so for those of you that don't know....It's finally time for my first cycle. My source kinda disappeared on me, so instead of a Prop/Mast or Prop/Var cycle this is gonna have to be a Test P ONLY cycle. That's okay though, cause regardless of the fact that I think I'm cooler than everyone else, I should probably still stick to the basic TEST ONLY for first cycle.

There's a possibility that I might throw in t3/clen half way through the cycle, but we'll see when the time comes.

Anyway, If any of you followed my log last year, you'll know that I'm "fairly" knowledgeable when it comes to dieting, but I'm still a complete newb for cycle dieting. So I decided to base this diet around a standard 40/40/20 (ish) diet at 500 cals above TDEE on lift days (4 days a week), 700 calories below TDEE on non lift days (2 days a week....I got this number from pulling out complex carbs) and one day a week will be run at 500 over TDEE with a cheat meal.

Stats.
    Male
    31 yrs next month
    ~195lbs
    ~12% BF (maybe a little bit more as I've had 2 fishing tournaments the last 2 weekends and a diet that consisted of nutty bars and little debbie brownies)....On second thought lets call it around 13-14%BF. LOL
    Training experience - Years

Goals - Increase LBM - (Maybe 5-10lbs) Drop BF% to ~10%

I'm figuring my TDEE around 2500 (ish) calories/day.

Cycle will be:
    Test P - 120mg EOD
    Aromasin - 12.5mg ED (with possibility of bumping to 25mg ED)
    HCG - 250iu's 2x a week

PCT:
    Clomid 75/50/50/50
    Nolva 40/20/20/20

Okay....On with the Diet:

Lift Days - (Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri)(Chest, Legs, Back, Shoulders/Arms) - Doing a HIT format

4 meals

Meal 1
    10 Egg whites
    1/2 Bell Pepper
    4tbs Salsa
    1 Whole Grain Bagel
    2 tbs of Sugar Free Jam
    Chocolate no bake cookies (Before you flip out, this is just 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 cup of oats, 1 tbs of natty peanut butter, and a touch of water)

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 836/13.5/101.5/89.1

Meal 2

4oz chicken Breast
    1 Cup brown Rice
    1/2 Bell Pepper
    1/2 tsp EVOO
    4tbs salsa
    Protein Shake
    1 Tbs Natty PB

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 766/14.75/64.5/92.5

Meal 3 (Pre-Workout)
    Fajitas
    4oz Pork Steak
    4oz Chicken
    1/2 Bell Pepper
    1/2 Onion
    4tbs Salsa
    1 Cup brown Rice
    4 Tortillas
    Lettuce

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 772/13.5/101/75.6

Meal 4 (PWO)

No bake cookie (w casien instead of whey)
    Whole Wheat Bagel
    Sugar Free Jam

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 640/13.5/92.5/48.5

Daily Total = 3014cals 55.25f 359.5c 305.7p
    Split = p/c/f = 40/45/15

NON-LIFT DAYS - CARDIO ONLY (Thursday, Saturday)

Meal 1
    10 egg whites
    1/2 Bell Pepper
    4tbs Salsa

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 196/0/9/40.6

Meal 2
    4oz chicken Breast
    1/2 Bell Pepper
    1/2 tsp EVOO
    4tbs salsa
    Protein Shake
    1 Tbs Natty PB

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 536/12.75/17.5/87.1

Meal 3
    4oz Pork Steak
    4oz Chicken
    1/2 Bell Pepper
    1/2 Onion
    4tbs Salsa
    Lettuce

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 276/5.5/12/42.6

Meal 4
    Almond Spice Crusted Salmon (2 Servings)

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 792/42/9/92

Daily Total = 1800cals 60f 47.5c 262p
    Split = p/c/f = 30/11/59

Cheat Meal Day - This will be on a non lift. I've taken a regular lift day, dropped the last 2 meals to make room for a single "eat whatever the fvck I want to" meal.

Meal 1
    10 Egg whites
    1/2 Bell Pepper
    4tbs Salsa
    1 Whole Grain Bagel
    2 tbs of Sugar Free Jam
    Chocolate no bake cookies (Before you flip out, this is just 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 cup of oats, 1 tbs of natty peanut butter, and a touch of water)

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 836/13.5/101.5/89.1

Meal 2

4oz chicken Breast
    1 Cup brown Rice
    1/2 Bell Pepper
    1/2 tsp EVOO
    4tbs salsa
    Protein Shake
    1 Tbs Natty PB

Total = (cals/fat/carbs/pro) 766/14.75/64.5/92.5

Daily Total = 1600cals 28f 166c 181p
    Split = p/c/f = 44/40/16

***This gives me a single 1400 calorie meal that I'll eat whatever I want. I'm not gonna worry about macro breakdown as long as I keep it under 1400 calories.

Obviously it's going to change as the weeks go by depending on how my body is adding/losing LBM/BF, but I feel like this is a good start.

So what do you think??????

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    This is the diet you intend to follow pre cycle or on cycle, I'm a little confused, sorry.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^ i think this is his on cycle diet proposal, and the term "preliminary" referred to his willingness to make changes if need be..?

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    ^^ i think this is his on cycle diet proposal, and the term "preliminary" referred to his willingness to make changes if need be..?
    Gotcha, well, in that case.......

Firstly, Your workout day macro's total 3150cals or so, so that's more than you have. A small amount but it depends how anal you are?

Why are cals and macro's so low on the non workout days?

Your proposed cycle and lift days cals/macro's are pretty much the same as mine, I'm on 310g carbs but that's the only diff. I do cardio post lifting for 25-30 mins low/mod intensity. On the 3 days I don't lift I barely change my dietary intake, I may drop 60g carbs I may not. The way you have it your daily average is only about 150 over maintenance on a daily basis, unless I'm working it out wrong or is this the plan?

My results so far are an 11lb gain and I have yo say I think I am leaner too. I think if you were running a straight recomp without gear your plan would be sound, but your prop really can/will make a difference as long as you let it work for you.
    Last edited by Back In Black; 04-20-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Also, do you intend to prime before your cycle?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post

Firstly, Your workout day macro's total 3150cals or so, so that's more than you have. A small amount but it depends how anal you are?

Your proposed cycle and lift days cals/macro's are pretty much the same as mine, I'm on 310g carbs but that's the only diff. I do cardio post lifting for 25-30 mins low/mod intensity. On the 3 days I don't lift I barely change my dietary intake, I may drop 60g carbs I may not. The way you have it your daily average is only about 150 over maintenance on a daily basis, unless I'm working it out wrong or is this the plan?

My results so far are an 11lb gain and I have yo say I think I am leaner too. I think if you were running a straight recomp without gear your plan would be sound, but your prop really can/will make a difference as long as you let it work for you.
    I would not drop calories that much either on non work out days but add some cardio.

This is the diet you intend to follow pre cycle or on cycle, I'm a little confused, sorry.
    On Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    You Sir are correct!!!

Usually I'm pretty anal - I calculated the cals correctly off the back of the labels. I'm pretty sure the macros are usually round up or down which never give exact numbers matching up. I see what you mean though.

This is what I did when trying to accomplish the same goals natty last year. It worked pretty well. SO I thought why not. That being said, I don't know how the prop will effect anything. That's why I'm posting it here instead of just doing whatever has worked for me in the past.

No that was the plan. I was under the impression that prop will help you build, but it not like tren or var in its' fat burning capabilities. I figured I would rely on the diets no carb days to drop the bodyfat, and as long as I was getting sufficient protein the prop would keep me building LBM. I guess I'm just afraid I'll put on too much BF at such a surplus without the no carb days.

This is why I'm posting a diet. I don't know what to expect. I couldn't find a lot of prop only logs.

Also, do you intend to prime before your cycle?
    Yep....been on carb cycle the past 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    I would not drop calories that much either on non work out days but add some cardio.
    Thank you for you input sir!

See Bolds

You're right test isn't really touted as a fat burner in the same vein as the other compounds mentioned but,truth is, it will assist in the burning of fat. Of course there is less room for error as its effects on that score are only mild and 5 weeks in I have already adjusted my cals and macro's 4 times as dictated by my change of stats.

At 2900-3000 cals my current macro's are approx 40.5/43/16.5. As I say, that rarely changes even on off days. Currently 192lbs at a max of 12%.

There's a little more detail in here

http://forums.steroid.com/most-impro...n-my-play.html
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Alright. I'll bump up carbs on non-lift days and adjust if needed. Thanks

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    DETAILED!!! Nice job Slf!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    DETAILED!!! Nice job Slf!
    LOL - I've been around long enough to know better. Didn't wanta get the GB/STEM/405 Nutrition BITCH SLAP for sayin something like. I need to drop 30% BF and gain 49lbs of quality muscle in 17 days. Write a diet for me cause I'm 18 yrs old and don't know how to do things for myself!!!!!
    gbrice75 likes this.

Thread Information