Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Review my diet?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    MN. These guys are really trying to be helpful and offer you solid advice. I have watched them help many many many members. Idk the ppl who are giving you info. The pics are dark and not full shots but they will give you a fairly accurate bf estimate if you can post up a better full frontal pic. And no they aren't pervs. No worries there. If I had to guess, I am thinking your upper body is probably more developed then lower.

I am maybe 20% at the moment. I am going to start a cutting cycle before I lean bulk.

As far as your situation, I wish you the very best.

Post up a pic and see if this can be salvaged if you like.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    MN. These guys are really trying to be helpful and offer you solid advice. I have watched them help many many many members. Idk the ppl who are giving you info. The pics are dark and not full shots but they will give you a fairly accurate bf estimate if you can post up a better full frontal pic. And no they aren't pervs. No worries there. If I had to guess, I am thinking your upper body is probably more developed then lower.

I am maybe 20% at the moment. I am going to start a cutting cycle before I lean bulk.

Full frontal..... Jeez, we don't want to see that

Sorry couldn't help myself, I really am done with this thread now
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9

Full frontal..... Jeez, we don't want to see that

Sorry couldn't help myself, I really am done with this thread now
    No no no. Full frontal but with clothes. Full as in legs too. Silly baseline.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Ok I posted around the corner on your other thread about getting huge. In regard to lifting more, there is a pont when someone is in somewhat good shape, their mass will move mass. Taken with a grain of salt but true sometimes. So big people even BIG FAT people can move big weight to an extent.
    So show us your lower body and show us more. If you are so high in BF % and you loose unwanted fat "SIZE" at all the right places, why the don't you know how much smaller your biceps and Triceps will get. common sense. Go to another forum where the will bull shit you and tell you are huge and look good. Sorry babe now I will say they are telling you the truth, om here and in my book you should listen because the crazy guy is telling you look like crap, FAT.
    Now listening to you I got my panties in a wad. Good luck babe you need it....crazy mike bye
    Last edited by crazy mike; 04-25-2013 at 06:05 PM.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    No no no. Full frontal but with clothes. Full as in legs too. Silly baseline.
    Can I be silly too....... ...Yep ...crazy mike

Glad sum1 said it.

Seriously. If u don't want advice from here. Pay for the body stamp. Im sure your advisers would 100% have the equipment for it. Then u know exactly. Personally I body stamp.and take in so much advice from the guys aaannnddd girls on here. Failing that. Keep researching over n over n over.

Ppl.really are only trying to help. Not ridicule or be rude. Just help.

Good luck with your goals.

stpete is offline Banned
    You have internet, so you have power. This means you can cook either it be 5th burner, microwave or toaster oven. Personally, i went and bought a combo micro. A lot can be done w/that bad boy! I lived off salad's, tuna, chicken from a damn can, macaroni salad from the deli till i got this shit taken care of. Occasionally treated myself to a cooked chicken from the deli.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sorry babe now I will say they are telling you the truth, om here and in my book you should listen because the crazy guy is telling you look like crap, FAT.
    Now listening to you I got my panties in a wad
    This made me lol, you really suit your name

MUSCLENUTANT is offline Banned
    I know, I've only been stuck like this a couple weeks, waiting for pay day, so I can go back to my normal diet. I made the mistake of posting this temporary "for shit" one.

pitchindude is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLENUTANT
    first off , I'm not a hypocrite. someone else, you in fact said 38.5% bf, I said 38.2%, however my trainers, who are bodybuilders themselves say don't listen to the scale, its wrong. which is basically what I said in my profile which people keep ignoring.
    A few things I've noticed...

If you're not going to trust the scale, go out and look into getting your bf checked by a professional. If you're 38.2% you need to drop bf before thinking about bulking. Like it or not, it's true.

Whether the trainers say it or not, 38.2 is too high for a bulk.

If you want people to not judge you, post up recent pics in a bikini or something more...revealing.

...you're awful defensive for someone who came here looking for help. You just keep giving people crap and for the most part these people are only trying to help. You'll get good information here, trust what they say.

Frankly, whether the pics are current or not I'd say you still need to drop a significant amount of bf if you want to get ripped. Your arms, while having impressive size in the biceps, look a bit on the soft side which to me says higher than desired bf.

Here's a vido. I know my bf need to go down, I m saying, I'm not all fat that has no muscle. That I'm not an unhealthy, lazy fat, that everyone keeps trying to imply. I never claimed to be ripped, never called myself a bodybuilder. I do believe I said I knlow I need to cut. And I know I need to cut a lot. Powerlifters don't eat for cutting, they eat for strength and size, which is what I was doing up until 9 months ago. My annual scan for thyroid cancer messed things up quite a bit last fall, and I've been working to get the weight gained from that off. I'm not lying when I say I do more cadio in a day, than a lot of people on here would in 3 days. But people keep telling me to do cardio and diet, I keep telling them I have been, they don't listen. Have no thyroid, and no metabolism really makes it harder. I see fat come off a lot slower than a normal person, and gain it way to easy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?vSfS3bBqo6rs

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    Man up and take some criticism - long story short:

GO all out cutting. You carry more body bodyfat and less muscle than you think. No one says you have thyroid problems, rather you overeat regularly.
    You do more cardio a day than me in a month, yet I carry far less fat than you. THis is not to brag about...it means one thing OVEREATING. get your needs dialed in, don`t bother dieting while not having access to cooking facilities.

What u think?

ok, what do I think? I think you don't know how to read. I do not overeat, haven't in years. I never said anyone said anything about thyroid problems. I'm telling you I don't even have one anymore.I said more cardio in a day, than one of you in 3 days, learn how to read, man. And I guess even though I went from 269 in December to my current 196, I must still be eating too much, not losing weight fast enough.WTF, am I just supposed to stop eating all together?

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Everyone on this site is here because we all enjoy working out. We all have achieved the success that we have because we have open minds and are willing to learn. Everyone who participates on the various threads does so because they want to learn and/ or they want to help. Baseline has been there with you from the beginning of this thread. He has given you the correct advice. Even though you became defensive and took his advice as an attack; he continued to try and help you. Instead of thanking him for sharing his knowledge and for his experience with you; you continued to attack his character. No one here intentionally goes out of their way to attack someone. Everyone here try’s to help one another. I believe you joined this site with a closed mind and just wanted everyone here to agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLENUTANT View Post
    I couldn’t get your video to play.

I know my bf need to go down, I’m saying, I'm not all fat that has no muscle. That I'm not an unhealthy, lazy fat, that everyone keeps trying to imply. I never claimed to be ripped, never called myself a bodybuilder. I do believe I said I knlow I need to cut. And I know I need to cut a lot.
    No one here stated that you were out of shape. They all stated that you needed to lose more BF. Not every heavy set person is, “ unhealthy, lazy fat,.” Some heavy set people are extremely active. They just have a very poor diet. I have seen heavy set people whose labs proved they were healthier than some of the thin people that I ran labs for on same day.

You get angry with people on this thread who are trying to help you. You get angry because you state they are making assumptions. Yet you have made several assumptions. You made assumptions against baseline. Who was only trying to help you? You made general assumptions against everyone one this site. “I probably lift more than most of you guys could before your steroid days anyway.” There are a lot of natty individuals on this site. I promise you that they would burry you in a lift off. “I do more cadio in a day, than a lot of people on here would in 3 days” Most individuals do cardio every day at least 45min a day. Your BF% problem is because you don’t have a thyroid. Go to the doctor and get on thyroid meds.

I am on thyroid meds, when you can read and comprehend, then you discuss what I post with me. I didn't lose 53lbs in 4 months with a poor diet and no cardio. I have stated I do 45 min on the stairmaster, plus I walk everywhere I go, and when I'm done with my 3 hours at the gym, I walk 7 miles to get home, plus the 7 I walked to get there. I am very careful with what I eat. my bf has gone done, a lot. As far as lifting, I've been a powerlifter since my junior year in high school, I out lift most of the guys at my gym, and all the women, so could chance I lift more than a lot of people here.

alex.mitev is offline Associate Member
    ok, what do I think? I think you don't know how to read. I do not overeat, haven't in years. I never said anyone said anything about thyroid problems. I'm telling you I don't even have one anymore.I said more cardio in a day, than one of you in 3 days, learn how to read, man. And I guess even though I went from 269 in December to my current 196, I must still be eating too much, not losing weight fast enough.WTF, am I just supposed to stop eating all together?
    How did you get to 269 in the first place? You must have eaten more than your body had needed?
    On the opposite - would drop cardio all together, focus on establishing healthy metabolic rate, once there I would start cutting by changing one variable at a time (first diet, then cardio , etc). The primarily focus would be fat loss, not weight loss.

I wasn't overeating, haven't in years, put your ass on prednisone, lets see you not gain weight I have been loosing fat dr's don't lie..

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Have no thyroid, and no metabolism really makes it harder. I see fat come off a lot slower than a normal person, and gain it way to easy.
    I never said anyone said anything about thyroid problems. I'm telling you I don't even have one anymore.
    This is all you have said about your thyroid during this thread. Where does it state you take thyroid meds? You state you don’t have a thyroid? Then you state you don’t have thyroid problem. If you don’t have a thyroid then you have a thyroid problem. We have all been trying to help you. Sorry we are not giving you the answers you want. I think that most of us are done trying to help someone who knows it all, doesn’t listen, and thinks everyone is attacking her.
    alex.mitev likes this.

I never said I don't have a thyroid problem, Some one else saw two words" no thyroid" out of a full explanation, and said no one is saying you have a thyroid problem. I will say this one more time, you are the ones who don't listen. you pick out a few words here or there without reading, comprehending or understanding the whole thing because you are all so set on proving I have not been working hard at this all the ways you keep telling me to.

I'll tell you. let's drug you up with prednisone and see you not blow up like a blow fish from water retention, and weight gain.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Reading through this now to get caught up....

ok Lunk, I'm following your lead.

Ok....now! Just got done reading this thread. Lets start by posting a proposed diet (for when your eating real food), not the sake diet you got bashed for. Do you have your normal one laid out that helped you lose the 53 pounds?

This may/should take you a bit of time. I would love it if you would include every meal for the day and the full macro breakdown inclucing cals/protein/carbs and fat of each food as well as portion size.

I will be preparing some left over sirloin and steamed veggies for lunch and will check back Hang in there lady!!!!!

Baseline- I want to apologize for judging you and getting rude. I was the one who failed to provide all necessary and accurate information. As far as my pics, my cam sucks, If I could take good pics of myself that show me now, I would. I know I need to trim down,but I also have a lot of mass under the fat from years of powerlifting. I got caught up in defending what I've worked hard at, and have, and lost sight of what I still need to do. Everyone is right about getting my bf down, I wish I looked like I did in high school before the cancer, and everything they put me through with it. I'm 37 now, that's not going to happen,lol. I am glad I read some of the info on anabolics , with my thyroid issues, taking that stuff will kill me. I'm sorry to everyone, I was rude, and defensive. If you all still want to help, and listen to my progress, and what I'm doing that has been working, offer ideas that may help, I would really appreciate and like that.
    Lunk1, gbrice75 and tigerspawn like this.

yes, Lunk, I do, I'll get it together and post it. Thanks for all you help and patience, I know I'm not easy to deal with.
    Lunk1 likes this.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    *** nevermind ***
    Last edited by gbrice75; 04-26-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: problem appears to be resolved

Baseline- I want to apologize for judging you and getting rude. I was the one who failed to provide all necessary and accurate information. As far as my pics, my cam sucks, If I could take good pics of myself that show me now, I would. I know I need to trim down,but I also have a lot of mass under the fat from years of powerlifting. I got caught up in defending what I've worked hard at, and have, and lost sight of what I still need to do. Everyone is right about getting my bf down, I wish I looked like I did in high school before the cancer, and everything they put me through with it. I'm 37 now, that's not going to happen,lol. I am glad I read some of the info on anabolics , with my thyroid issues, taking that stuff will kill me. I'm sorry to everyone, I was rude, and defensive. If you all still want to help, and listen to my progress, and what I'm doing that has been working, offer ideas that may help, I would really appreciate and like that.
    Awesome, glad to see this has been resolved. Now, let's start over - post #1.

Ok I'm making sure I have everything lunk asked for covered.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75

Awesome, glad to see this has been resolved. Now, let's start over - post #1.
    Yayyyyy. I Iike this plan!

pitchindude is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLENUTANT
    I know I'm not easy to deal with.
    Could be said for lots of us around here but now that things have calmed down I think everyone here will be more than happy to help you out. I'm interested to see how you progress.

thehor is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Please don't take any advise form GNC.... I know that may seem like a good idea but honestly most of the people who work in those stores know nothing

It's probably best for u to estimate ur own BF% based on this image below.....

What u should do its take a photo of yourself and then compare it to the image below.....

U have some thick arms, they will be a strong point for sure lol

And I'm gonna say ur gonna be happier with the end results from a cut right now rather than a bulk

Girls are lucky, they look good at 20% But dayum the 10% is yummy with a six pack and everything!

My usual diet, that I'm resuming Wednesday

Breakfast 1/4 c Steeel cut oats
    1/2 grapefruit
    4 egg whites

Snack
    1/4 cup almonds

Lunch
    3.5 oz grilled chicken breast
    2 c baby spinach
    1 slice Ezekiel bread

snack
    1/4 c raisins

Dinner
    1 c steamed white rice
    1/2 c steamed fresh broccoli
    3.5 oz wild caught salmon

Post workout
    1 scoop hyrdo whey

total values
    calories 1311,
    carbs 133g
    fat 26g
    protein 106g

Quote Originally Posted by thehor View Post
    Girls are lucky, they look good at 20% But dayum the 10% is yummy with a six pack and everything!
    Meh, 15-ish would be my preference for an 'everyday' girl, no leaner.

I'm going for 9%

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Meh, 15-ish would be my preference for an 'everyday' girl, no leaner.
    The 30% in the pic is just fine with me. 20-30%....

I'm going for 9%
    You go girl

My diet is posted in here.

Your total cal seem awfully low. I am at 1350. You might see more benefits at 1600 initially and then move to 1300 range after you hit the plateau.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Can women get to 10% as easy as guys can ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information