Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Review my diet?

MUSCLENUTANT is offline Banned

Review my diet?

I am trying to add mass, and get cut, what should I change in my diet?
    Keep in mind, I'm unable to cook- no oven or stove

6am
    Kashi Go Lean 1 cup
    I/2 c plain non fat greek yogurt
    I/2 c unsweetened almond milk
    9am
    GNC total lean 2 scoops
    12 noon
    GNC total lean 2 scoops
    3pm
    GNC total lean 2 scoops
    6pm
    total lean again
    9pm
    ON hydro whey and 2 tb all natural peanut butter

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Why don't u have cooking facilities?

Can u get a microwave or electrical things to cook with?

As far as ur goals they contradict themselves..... The body will either grow or shrink (with the exception of a noob who may gain LBM and loose fat simultaneously .... So u need to stick with a goal based on ur stats and what u want the end results to be......

What are ur stats?

And what are your specific long term goals? Give use some numbers to work with...
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Um dude I'm no diet guru but u have to many shakes and not enough real food, have u ever not washed you glass after drinking a shake then go to wash it later? the stuff turns to concrete. It's a suppliment, what r the macro included in 2 scoops of your stuff?

I think this is a female.... Correct?

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

I'm not a dude, for one. Too, read my into, I can't cook anything, don't have a way to.
    GNC total lean is made to be a meal replacement.
    here's the macro
    calories 200
    fat 3g
    protein 25g
    total carbs 17g- dietary fiber 8g/ soluble fiber 5g sugars 3g

yes, you're correct- I'm a female

Blog Entries
    I don't want to assume, but going by statistics 38.2%bbf 5'6" 195 ? yea

Blog Entries
    You have got some big guns going on there, what is your bicep measurement?

I do have a microwave., and can get stuff to plug in. this was an immediate switch due to a personal emergency.My goals are to bulk first then cut. I want to keep bulking so I should stick with a bulking diet, I presume.
    My stats- 196 lbs 30% bf
    My goal is bodybuilding, my avatar is me, here's another pic to give a little of an idea of my distributionAttachment 137769

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLENUTANT View Post
    I'm not a dude, for one. Too, read my into, I can't cook anything, don't have a way to.
    GNC total lean is made to be a meal replacement.
    here's the macro
    calories 200
    fat 3g
    protein 25g
    total carbs 17g- dietary fiber 8g/ soluble fiber 5g sugars 3g
    Do u have power? Or do u live in a cave

Very close, you read my profile, but remembered a little bit off, ha ha ha

My biceps measure 17"

I do have a microwave., and can get stuff to plug in. this was an immediate switch due to a personal emergency.My goals are to bulk first then cut. I want to keep bulking so I should stick with a bulking diet, I presume.
    My stats- 196 lbs 30% bf
    My goal is bodybuilding, my avatar is me, here's another pic to give a little of an idea of my distributionAttachment 137769
    Well if u have a microwave then there is no excuse to not cook... I use the microwave lots for different things....

Potatoes, chicken, fish, oats.... Whatever, u can cook anything in a microwave with some decent tupaware....

Chicken breast 2 mins per side on high...

Buy a George Forman, rice cooker and blender and ur good to go...

read my response to you. I have electricity. I had an emergency, had to move, and now I'm in a place that doesn't have an oven or stove, I've had to wait till I get paid next week to get a few things I can cook with.

As I told you, I'm planning on it, I had an emergency, am starting all over with nothing. no Tupperware, no nothing.

I'm having a hard time putting u at 30% bodyfat.... From the pics which may be bad I'm calling it closer to 40.... Sorry if its bad pics but that's just what I see.....

Even at 30% I'd probably opt to diet you down to around 20 before even considering a lean bulking phase.... Just my opinion tho
    Last edited by baseline_9; 04-25-2013 at 03:39 PM.

As I told you, I'm planning on it, I had an emergency, am starting all over with nothing. no Tupperware, no nothing.
    Ok, for now then stick with just whatever it takes to hit ur macros..... Shakes, canned tuna, breads, fruit... Whatever... Just hit ur macros...

Just realised u don't have a plan with ur macro intake

No, I'm pretty damn new at this, and been going off the advice of friends and GNC.here's a better pic, that was olderAttachment 137770
    also an older pic, I wish I could post my video, that's newer

Please don't take any advise form GNC.... I know that may seem like a good idea but honestly most of the people who work in those stores know nothing

It's probably best for u to estimate ur own BF% based on this image below.....

What u should do its take a photo of yourself and then compare it to the image below.....

U have some thick arms, they will be a strong point for sure lol

And I'm gonna say ur gonna be happier with the end results from a cut right now rather than a bulk

Last edited by baseline_9; 04-25-2013 at 04:01 PM.

You think I'd have enough mass already if I cut right now?

You think I'd have enough mass already if I cut right now?
    Well being overly fat isn't optimal for Muscle hypertrophy or general health so based on an estimation that you are between 30 and 40% bodyfat I'd suggest you diet down and loose some bodyfat....

If you were to continue to gain weight from here I just don't think the results are going to be what you want....

Now I'm not saying u need to get shredded... Far from it.... But cutting down to 20% bodyfat will put you in a much better position to advance over an extended period with good results....
    gbrice75 likes this.

overly fat people cannot fit in a size small shirt. I am not overly fat, I have some fat concentrated a little more in some spots. you are looking at older pics, and judging me without seeing me. tell me, how many overly fat people can get on the stairmaster and do 45 minutes at level 10 and not be out of breath? My general heath, and performance levels, endurance would put a lot of so called healthy people to shame. fat isn't hard, a lot of my muscles are. fat doesn't show vascularity, I'm starting to.

overly fat people cannot fit in a size small shirt. I am not overly fat, I have some fat concentrated a little more in some spots. you are looking at older pics, and judging me without seeing me. tell me, how many overly fat people can get on the stairmaster and do 45 minutes at level 10 and not be out of breath? My general heath, and performance levels, endurance would put a lot of so called healthy people to shame. fat isn't hard, a lot of my muscles are. fat doesn't show vascularity, I'm starting to.
    I'm suggesting that by continuing to bulk your results may be sub optimal and you may become overly fat....

The more bodyfat you carry the harder it is to gain LBM which makes it easier to gain fat mass..... With a bodyfat estimation of 38.5% I'd put you into the higher range as far as an optimal range for gaining LBM and maintaining good health....

However as the Hogde twins say... "All of this is just advise, u can do whatever the FUK u wanna do!"

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    GNC
    Not sure if this was said, but do the opposite of advice received from GNC.
    baseline_9 and 3day like this.

Bulking is also best done when you are lean(ish) to start with.
    You start bulking when you are heavy(fat) , the end result is you just look fatter! Not saying this is you, this applies to anyone really.
    Take baselines advice and cut down a bit before you bulk, have you ever done a cut ?
    gbrice75 likes this.

and honestly none of lose pictures match me. I'm closer to the 30% pic, but unlike her on me,you can see muscle bulging when relaxed, and veins are at the surface. I have a very large frame to begin with so those pics are not an accurate resource. my scale says 38.2 but what I and my friends see on me does not match what 38.2% looks like. I know what my potential is and what my body has done so far, adding 3" to arms that is hard, over 2" to calves, again hard, 1" to forearms, again solid.
    is not fat gain.

I haven't done a cut yet. baseline has judged me all wrong. He's going off a diet that I provided that was meant to be very short term and not my usual diet. He assumed I don't have macros I need figured out. He assumed off of my older pics that I am overly fat. I have been told repeatedly by personal trainers, gym staff, that if I were shredded, I could walk into competition and place with what I have now. but I would rather have more mass. ya gottta start somewhere, so maybe I should listen to people who see me all the time, and went to school for the knowledge and it's their expertise, rather than someone who is quick to judge and assume that they know it all.

Ok, based on 30% at 196 ur cookie cutter mtnce is 2058 cals....

To gain weight shoot for about 2200 to start with - 170p/680 cals, 55f/495 cals, 255c/1020 cals....

Track your macros and the scale religiously and then make adjustments to the carbs based on results....

and went to school for the knowledge and it's their expertise
    I would trust these people the least out of ANYONE. Just because you went to school and have a fancy degree doesn't make you any smarter/better than the average gym goer.
    Why did you ask for advice if you clearly don't need any....
    baseline_9 likes this.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^ while ur arms and forearms and calves may be "hard" i am going to agree with the guys on body fat estimation. i suggest u find a room with better lighting than the one u use with those other pics and take a couple pics of urself in a bikini and post them in the female section for body fat estimations as well as compare them to the pics given above.

IMO u DO NOT NEED TO BULK right now u need to CUT! and a lot! .... sorry..
    baseline_9 likes this.

so maybe I should listen to people who see me all the time, and went to school for the knowledge and it's their expertise, rather than someone who is quick to judge and assume that they know it all.
    maybe u should use these so called experts to give u the advice ur looking for.. i dont know why u came here if ur surrounded by so many experts??
    baseline_9 and gbrice75 like this.

I haven't done a cut yet. baseline has judged me all wrong. He's going off a diet that I provided that was meant to be very short term and not my usual diet. He assumed I don't have macros I need figured out. He assumed off of my older pics that I am overly fat. I have been told repeatedly by personal trainers, gym staff, that if I were shredded, I could walk into competition and place with what I have now. but I would rather have more mass. ya gottta start somewhere, so maybe I should listen to people who see me all the time, and went to school for the knowledge and it's their expertise, rather than someone who is quick to judge and assume that they know it all.
    Great assessment of me... Thanks a lot....

U signed up today right?

Hey if u don't want 'bad information' don't give us bad info to work with...... I think your quite a hypocrite actually.... I have made suggestions based on the info that you gave us to begin with.... my advise was sound, no one will argue that... Except for you who obviously has all the answers.....

If you don't want help then please don't ask for it.... We don't get paid to help people out and I'd much rather be helping people who appreciate it....

ya, funny how the trainers that are telling me this are not average gym goers they are into bodybuilding, and are doing it themselves. you all can keep assuming and judging. I asked thinking people would be helpful not discouraging. I probably lift more than most of you guys could before your steroid days anyway.

first off , I'm not a hypocrite. someone else, you in fact said 38.5% bf, I said 38.2%, however my trainers, who are bodybuilders themselves say don't listen to the scale, its wrong. which is basically what I said in my profile which people keep ignoring.

ya, funny how the trainers that are telling me this are not average gym goers they are into bodybuilding, and are doing it themselves. you all can keep assuming and judging. I asked thinking people would be helpful not discouraging. I probably lift more than most of you guys could before your steroid days anyway.
    we are trying to be helpful by being honest with you. personally i think you have a LOT of fat to lose. based on the pics above 30-50lbs.. before u should even consider bulking..

if those pics are so inaccurate, why post them??

lets see a pic of you in a bikini in good lighting so we can see exactly what we're working with here???

it appears ur also making assumptions: "I probably lift more than most of you guys could before your steroid days anyway."

i have not done a steroid cycle..
    baseline_9 likes this.

Are u trolling now? Is this serious.....

No1 is trying to discourage you at all... We're only here to help.... Why would be purposefully try and discourage you from being the best you can be....

Again, if you don't want our advise and would rather listen to friends that's fine.... Just a shame we have wasted our time on you really....

I'd say we have probably the best nutrition forum on the net currently with some of the most knowledgable members in this area.... I'm done posting in this thread, ill leave it to the other guys to Finnish it off

I obviously made a mistake. I was diected here by someone in my introduction, I was looking and saw people did this, I thought I would try it, My bad.

I'm not trolling, simply responding cause you keep responding.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLENUTANT
    I obviously made a mistake. I was diected here by someone in my introduction, I was looking and saw people did this, I thought I would try it, My bad.
    I was the one that thought you might check this forum out. I am in my spinning classes so let me read what happened here. Be back in a bit.

I apologize if you felt I assumed. I said most, not all, if it fits, fine, if not discard it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information