Thread: Gluten Free?

lstbred is offline Senior Member

Gluten Free?

The wife and a couple ppl have/are doing gluten free and are losing a liitle weight, feeling a bit better. Anyone experience/done gluten free before? whats the thoughts that you guy's have?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Ill let you know soon. I cut out all wheat 3 weeks ago. There is a little gluten in my cereal but from flavourings only.

Most people do lose weight simply because they eat less food, bread is certainly more convenient than potatoes or rice and, as a result, nobody cooks rice when they just fancy a slice of bread.

The best way to tell is exclude for a period of weeks and the reintroduce it and see what difference that makes. I will be trying some next week after a month off it. Actually I had a muffin last Monday and about 90 mins later I was on the toilet on and off for 2 hours. That may have been the muffin, it may have been the 3 shot Americano I had with it.

The only way of knowing is trying it yourself.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by lstbred
    The wife and a couple ppl have/are doing gluten free and are losing a liitle weight, feeling a bit better. Anyone experience/done gluten free before? whats the thoughts that you guy's have?
    I eliminated gluten for a period of time and felt better. I was able to eat oats. I also lost weight which was planned, not an unintended consequence of removing gluten. Gluten is in soooo many foods even Jelly beans, turkeys so really need to do some research on brands especially if have celiac disease.

bstacked is offline Junior Member
    All i eat is organic and healthy gluten free now in shoprite has its own isle i also do most my shopping at whole foods and the local farmers market

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Gluten is even in my damn soy sauce, those bastards

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by cj111
    Gluten is even in my damn soy sauce, those bastards
    It's in a lot of unsuspecting places.....

mr.slippyfist69 is offline Associate Member
    Yes sit it's in sooo many foods now. Our family has been free from its clutches for months now and I can honestly say we all look and feel a lot better. We had no choice but to remove it from our diet because our son is on the autism spectrum and a lot of research has shown that removing gluten from an autistic child's diet can can be a great benefit to improving digestive health along with brain and organ function. After the first 3 months away from it my wife lost over 20 lbs and that is with limited exercise. We bake our own gluten free bread, buy gluten free pasta and eat more rice and potatoes. As for me, I can say its one of the best decisions I have ever made concerning my food intake and I feel like a weight has been lifted. Good luck man and keep us updated. Plenty of new products coming out so eat up!

LEO78 is offline Associate Member
    i do not think that gluten free diet should be used by healthy people for weight loss purposes...

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by LEO78
    i do not think that gluten free diet should be used by healthy people for weight loss purposes...
    Why not?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information