Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member

Diet needs tuning!

So I have a ok diet ill explain what it looks like, meal 1 egg whites 100 cal which is 4 servings with one fourth of a bell pepper 5 white mushrooms hand full of spinach and 1/4 cup cheddar, meal 2 Greek yogurt 120 cal meal 3 one boneless chicken breast and baby mixed greens,meal 4 1/2 cup peas and two chicken legs small, and dinner varies which I know isn't good but its always two portions and usually included chicken or tune also I switch sometimes and have cottage cheese for meal 1 and sometime switch chicken for tuna also snack here an there which I need to stop but it usually is peanut butter 2 tablespoons with a banana or fruit so let me know what I should do and I'm looking to cut now?

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707
    So I have a ok diet ill explain what it looks like, meal 1 egg whites 100 cal which is 4 servings with one fourth of a bell pepper 5 white mushrooms hand full of spinach and 1/4 cup cheddar, meal 2 Greek yogurt 120 cal meal 3 one boneless chicken breast and baby mixed greens,meal 4 1/2 cup peas and two chicken legs small, and dinner varies which I know isn't good but its always two portions and usually included chicken or tune also I switch sometimes and have cottage cheese for meal 1 and sometime switch chicken for tuna also snack here an there which I need to stop but it usually is peanut butter 2 tablespoons with a banana or fruit so let me know what I should do and I'm looking to cut now?
    May want to mention the calories and macros and space out your meals so its easier to read.

You are looking to cut.....well are you gaining, maintaining or losing weight with this diet?
    Generally you would reduce your Maintence calories slowly each week and gauge your results ..it would be much easier to determine where you are at if you were to lay out your daily calories and macros and state how your body has responded to this diet over a length of time..

My tdee is 3151 at least is what it said I was on a bulking diet 350 above that ill post all the calories and macros asap.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Look at you being honest, haha. Told you that Clen and ECA isn't good for you, haha. Glad you came into the Nutrition section, probably the most important section and most under used.

Can you list the meals? The way you wrote it is confusing. The first glaring thing I would change is drop the cheese at brekafast.

Also how many eggwhites are you eating at breakfast? I would also add in a few whole eggs.

Drop the fruit also

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    What about carbs ? at least include some pre and post workout.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^ drop the fruit and eat some real carbs, ie oats for breakfast,brown rice,sweet potato...
    Your snack of 2tbsp pbutt and fruit is probably 350 cal, depending on how many of those "snacks" you having a day, could be an issue, I'd ditch the snacks, and just eat your meals.
    I know personally I can't snack inbetween meals, cause I usually will just eat way to much!

Il post full macros once I get home later today so bare with me guys lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    What about carbs ? at least include some pre and post workout.
    I use post workout which has all the carbs I need for post workout. Also that is my 5 meal on workout days an isn't their on rest days. Also I won't lie cardio isn't my strong suit I have two shitty knees from football but ill step it up a bit.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post
    I use post workout which has all the carbs I need for post workout. Also that is my 5 meal on workout days an isn't their on rest days. Also I won't lie cardio isn't my strong suit I have two shitty knees from football but ill step it up a bit.

I have a fully rebuilt and othoscopic knee (acl, mcl, pcl, lateral miniscus) with bolts inside still, so I know all about knee problems. (basketball)

I do all my cardio on an elliptical, puts barely any pressure on the knee. The only time I will get a little pressure is when I do my HIIT and I am on the balls of my feet. Other than that u will be fine and I feel the elliptical strengthens my knee for sure and it feels less achey and has more mobility.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    What is everyones problem with fruit?

Glycol levels in the liver I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK View Post
    I have a fully rebuilt and othoscopic knee (acl, mcl, pcl, lateral miniscus) with bolts inside still, so I know all about knee problems. (basketball)

I do all my cardio on an elliptical, puts barely any pressure on the knee. The only time I will get a little pressure is when I do my HIIT and I am on the balls of my feet. Other than that u will be fine and I feel the elliptical strengthens my knee for sure and it feels less achey and has more mobility.
    Thanks I will try that out I just hate cardio in the gym staring at a wall but I can deal lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post
    Glycol levels in the liver I'm pretty sure.
    In moderation low GI fruit is fine. Especially when you are bulking a couple of pieces of fruit per day is fine imo.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nothin wrong with fruit, except I'd rather eat some oatmeal over fruit because I will feel full opposed to starving all day. Thats just me, do what works for the individual

You could have 100g strawberries for 37cal 7g carb, or blueberry, raspberry are very low cal. I like to have them with oat pancakes. A fine way to start the day

Ok this is the diet I started today let me know how it looks?
    Meal # 1
    1 whole egg,4 extra large egg whites with mushrooms,spinach,bell pepper and one whole avocado. 425 cal 20g fat 26g protein.
    Meal#2
    1/2 cup Irish steal cut oatmeal,and one Greek yogurt. Combined 260 cal 18g protein 2.5 g fat 34g carbs.
    Meal#3
    7 oz chicken breast 300 cal 56g protein, 6g fat with 1 cup brown rice 218 cal, 46g carbs, 5g protein,2g fat.
    Meal#4
    2 cans tuna 400 cal 80g protein, 2g fat. Two medium sweet potatoes 198 cal, 23g carbs, 4g protein 2g fat.
    Meal#5 post workout shake
    1 scoop protein 2 scoops muscle fusion. Combined 433 cal 34g protein, 72 carbs,1g fat
    Meal#6
    Open for a suggestion something clean with about 700 cal 25 carbs and 60 or some gs of protein I'm hoping I can get various diner ideas from some of you guys thanks.

So without meal six that is a combined total of 2,234 cal, 35.5g fat which isn't right on I have a little butter in my oatmeal and on my brown rice and chicken so I would say more like 50g maybe a little less, 214g protein, 175g carbs.

So how's it look what am I lacking?
    Also tdee is 3151 an I trying to cut so with the 700 cal diner it's 2,934.and my bmr is 2033.
    Last edited by Dougiefresh7707; 04-29-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Thread Information