Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: ***Dieting 101: Carb Cycling***

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You'll get used to the low carb days, all the extra real protein helps with satiety. Just don't try and get the protein from these days from shakes, they won't fill you.

I make soup for the days I am low carbing - veggie stock, cauliflower & broccoli.
    Metalmank likes this.

Metalmank is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    You'll get used to the low carb days, all the extra real protein helps with satiety. Just don't try and get the protein from these days from shakes, they won't fill you.

I make soup for the days I am low carbing - veggie stock, cauliflower & broccoli.
    ooooh

This is genius. Im bout to soup it up on low carb days. Awesome

ptmikey is offline New Member
    lots of brilliant advice here, going to use this on my cut for the summer

ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Interesting this topic, but a question; the day of zero carbohydrate in the carb-cycle, would not it have to be rich in fats ?? Why leave your fat intake so low?
    Last edited by ryanfisher; 07-01-2019 at 02:47 PM.

HoldMyBeer is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanfisher View Post
    Intentante this topic, but a question; the day of zero carbohydrate in the carb-cycle, would not it have to be rich in fats ?? Why leave your fat intake so low?

Enviado de meu iPhone
    It's not keto
    The purpose of carb cycling is to cut calories. You add or take out calories each day by adjusting the amount of carbs. 0 carb days is your lowest calorie day, you still have enough glycogen reserves to get you through the day, you are not in ketosis, you do not need to add fat. That would defeat the purpose

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
    ryanfisher and JaneDoe like this.

ryanfisher is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the excellent explanation. You believe I know people who make the day with low carbohydrates, as you would on a ketogenic diet day. You can see how many people do the wrong things! I really liked the explanation, it was great, I did not know I could eat below my maintenance level when the goal is to maintain the weight in Carb - Cycle (on my low carbohydrate day). Opening my eyes now, reading your excellent explanation! Even if I was using carbocycle in maintenance calories, the low carb day with calories below the maintenance level would not make me lose weight. Therefore, reduced calories on days without training will not hinder my gains; but it will be an excellent strategy to eliminate body fat.
    Last edited by ryanfisher; 07-01-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

Nackel is offline New Member
    I might try this less extreme version of carb cycling for cutting. The ultimate diet was a killer.
    JaneDoe likes this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nackel Eu poderia tentar esta versão menos extrema do ciclo do carb para corte. A dieta final foi um assassino.
    Parece ótimo, boa sorte mano

menace2anus is offline New Member
    Sry if this sounds stupid, but how is his TDEE around 2600 when he is 5'11, 200lbs, 12% bodyfat and working out 5 days a week?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by menace2anus View Post
    Sry if this sounds stupid, but how is his TDEE around 2600 when he is 5'11, 200lbs, 12% bodyfat and working out 5 days a week?
    It’s perfectly possible if all he does is train and sit on his ass otherwise (think desk jockey). I mean yeah, I require 3600 to maintain at 5’10”/194, but I also work a manual labor job that has me moving just about all damned day.

menace2anus is offline New Member
    Kinda new to this, but what are the signs/indicators that i have to adjust my macros when running this diet?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by menace2anus View Post
    Kinda new to this, but what are the signs/indicators that i have to adjust my macros when running this diet?
    well if your cutting then its when weight loss or fat loss stall.. if a couple weeks has gone by and your not noticing any changes in the mirror and no weight loss has occurred, then its time to make an adjustment to the diet (or up your drugs and cardio).

and by "diet adjustment" I don't necessarily mean just lowering your calories. It may just be a matter of food/macro timing or adjusting the macro split itself. for eg., you may do better by lowering your fats and upping your post workout carbs

ZYZZ LEGACY is offline New Member
    Why in other carb - cycling plans do we see people adjusting fat on the low carb day?

Quote Originally Posted by ZYZZ LEGACY View Post
    Why in other carb - cycling plans do we see people adjusting fat on the low carb day?
    if your trying to maintain a constant consistent number of calories daily , then on days you lower your carbs you need to up the fats to make up the loss in calories from low carbs.

also this is a good opportunity to add in healthy fats , when on other days that are high carbs your fats may be fairly restricted .

generally carb cycling plans involve fat cycling as well .. fats are one of those macros that you don't need daily, like protein. you can go extremely low fat most the days of the week, and then get your fat needs for a whole week met in 2 days

ZYZZ LEGACY is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    if your trying to maintain a constant consistent number of calories daily , then on days you lower your carbs you need to up the fats to make up the loss in calories from low carbs.

also this is a good opportunity to add in healthy fats , when on other days that are high carbs your fats may be fairly restricted .

generally carb cycling plans involve fat cycling as well .. fats are one of those macros that you don't need daily, like protein. you can go extremely low fat most the days of the week, and then get your fat needs for a whole week met in 2 days

With increased fat intake on low carb days in the diet, would burning body fat be impaired?

Quote Originally Posted by ZYZZ LEGACY View Post
    With increased fat intake on low carb days in the diet, would burning body fat be impaired?
    not at all , it could actually be accelerated (thats why we carb/fat cycle), as long as your keeping your total cals in a deficit . when you drastically lower your carbs, and up your fats, your blood sugars don't spike as often and your more prone to being in a state of lipolysis
    ZYZZ LEGACY likes this.

sleepy33 is offline Junior Member
    So my TDEE is 4167 calories. If I do a 40/45/15 split, on my workout days (4667 calories) I’m consuming 467 g protein. That seems like a ton to me. Am I off?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy33 View Post
    So my TDEE is 4167 calories. If I do a 40/45/15 split, on my workout days (4667 calories) I’m consuming 467 g protein. That seems like a ton to me. Am I off?
    Percentages are useless once you get above a certain point. They work fine for “normies” in the 2000-2500 kcal range, but above or below that stuff starts getting stupid.

What I tend to do:
    Set protein at 1.5g/lbs.
    Set fat at 0.5g/lbs.
    Rest dumped into carbs.

However, if you have issues with that kind of carb intake, find your ceiling for them, then dump the rest into fats. That could get really fucking gross at your kcals though. You’d be to the point of having to dump oil into/on everything, and fuck that.
    JaneDoe likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information