steve724 is offline New Member

Am I eating enough?

Stats :

Age 19
    Height 6ft
    Weight 180
    Body fat around 9% /BMI 22

I'm trying to get to 200lb and Ive been using the My Fineness Pal app (which is AMAZING btw they have literally every food/supplement basically)

I put my target weight at 200lb and all my info and in order to gain 1lb a week I should be eating 3020 calories a day. Is this good enough? I eat all good food, never fast food (salmon steak chicken pasta cheese tuna nuts)

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    No one can answer that question... Everybody is different, start eating that amount of calories and monitor your weight gain/loss over an extended period of time and adjust to suit your needs and goals....

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    180x .91 + 163lbs LBM

163x15=2450 ( so yes 500 over is a good number to add great place to start)

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    Also I wouldn't go by the macro split that app tells u. It recommended 50% fat, 20 prot, 30 carbs for me during cutting.

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    No one can answer that question... Everybody is different, start eating that amount of calories and monitor your weight gain/loss over an extended period of time and adjust to suit your needs and goals....
    ^This

Biggest factor is your body type. Looking at your pic I would say you have a lot of ecto in you. Therefore you need to eat even more calories because of a faster metabolism.

And training. U gotta make them muscles grow if u want em to grow. Least u got age on ur side. Tick as many boxes that get you to where u wanna be. The more things training. Diet (usually eating enough is the problem) diets the key to everything. but i do think.sometimes u can emerse urself so much. U lose ur way. Eat more. Train hard. But! train right!!! thats another one only u can answer.

Ur body will do the rest

RipOwens is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi
    Also I wouldn't go by the macro split that app tells u. It recommended 50% fat, 20 prot, 30 carbs for me during cutting.
    Yikes...

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by steve724 View Post
    Stats :

Age 19
    Height 6ft
    Weight 180
    Body fat around 9% /BMI 22

I'm trying to get to 200lb and Ive been using the My Fineness Pal app (which is AMAZING btw they have literally every food/supplement basically)

I put my target weight at 200lb and all my info and in order to gain 1lb a week I should be eating 3020 calories a day. Is this good enough? I eat all good food, never fast food (salmon steak chicken pasta cheese tuna nuts)
    For a starter, don't aim to gain 1 lb a week...... 1 lb every 2 weeks at most....

If you want the results to be good do it slowly.... You will not gain a pound of muscle a week
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Thread Information