Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Dougiefresh7707
  • 1 Post By largerthannormal
  • 1 Post By largerthannormal

Thread: Can I please get advice on how macros, calorie etc for weight loss?

MUSCLENUTANT is offline Banned

Can I please get advice on how macros, calorie etc for weight loss?

I was in a situation where I was left much options for what I could eat or much to even eat at all.. personal circumstances out of my control..
    I know I should have about 1600 cals for healthy fat loss.. but I know because of my situation I was only averaging 700 at best, I hardly ever ate. I think it threw my body into starvation mode because now I'm trying to get the calories I need from healthy foods but not given time to research or plan a healthy, good diet for my goals. which are weight loss/primarily fat loss. What is the best plan for my Calories and Macros, I noticed now that I'm eating normally again, I'm gaining weight anyway.. even though I still don't really eat enough..Next month, now that I have stable home and money wont be so tight.. I am wiling to create a recommended diet plan and budget and shop according to that diet.
    My weight is now 211.4 BF 40% I know I gained a crap load of fat.. There are a few factors to take into consideration.. my body is in starvation mode, I have no thyroid- meaning almost no metabolism, and with all my stress, I am releasing high levels of cortisol on a daily basis..
    Any diet plan ideas, supplements, techniques to help with any of these factors would be greatly appreciated and considered. I do know certain foods can make weight gain with hypothyroid worse so if anyone has knowledge in these types of things along with ideas on how to combat that cortisol release.. I'm all ears.. THANKS!

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLENUTANT View Post
    I was in a situation where I was left much options for what I could eat or much to even eat at all.. personal circumstances out of my control..
    I know I should have about 1600 cals for healthy fat loss.. but I know because of my situation I was only averaging 700 at best, I hardly ever ate. I think it threw my body into starvation mode because now I'm trying to get the calories I need from healthy foods but not given time to research or plan a healthy, good diet for my goals. which are weight loss/primarily fat loss. What is the best plan for my Calories and Macros, I noticed now that I'm eating normally again, I'm gaining weight anyway.. even though I still don't really eat enough..Next month, now that I have stable home and money wont be so tight.. I am wiling to create a recommended diet plan and budget and shop according to that diet.
    My weight is now 211.4 BF 40% I know I gained a crap load of fat.. There are a few factors to take into consideration.. my body is in starvation mode, I have no thyroid- meaning almost no metabolism, and with all my stress, I am releasing high levels of cortisol on a daily basis..
    Any diet plan ideas, supplements, techniques to help with any of these factors would be greatly appreciated and considered. I do know certain foods can make weight gain with hypothyroid worse so if anyone has knowledge in these types of things along with ideas on how to combat that cortisol release.. I'm all ears.. THANKS!
    IMO find out what your tdee is calculate it correctly and eat at matinence and add 3 days 30 mins moderate cardio and see what happens there is no healthy quick magic way to loss that much bf in months do not take steroids , they will not help you lose weight. After you have tried my suggestion for a month if you are loading bf and weight then gradually drop you calories to 100-150 below matience and do another month of 3 days a week cardio for 45. All cardio should be fasted IMO look up and terms you don't understand in the search bar it will explain better than I can or have time to or google them . Remember everyone's body is different so this is just my suggestion I'm no expert.
    MUSCLENUTANT likes this.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    Some people needs to eat over maintaince to get your metabolism back in working proper from eating in such a low cal deficit. I've seen this happen alot
    MUSCLENUTANT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by largerthannormal View Post
    Some people needs to eat over maintaince to get your metabolism back in working proper from eating in such a low cal deficit. I've seen this happen alot
    Thanks.. I wonder where I should start.. I have no clue what my typical daily energy expenditure is because I know how much cardio I do.. its way more than 30 min moderate 3 days a week. I do more like 45 min of intense cardio everyday-7 days a week..But no clue what my typical calorie intake is or has been.. I've been eating for survival.. I have to say lucky if it reached 700 cals or more..I don't even know what my maintenance should be..

Douggiecfresh suggestion was actually pretty good..

Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post
    IMO find out what your tdee is calculate it correctly and eat at matinence and add 3 days 30 mins moderate cardio and see what happens there is no healthy quick magic way to loss that much bf in months do not take steroids, they will not help you lose weight. After you have tried my suggestion for a month if you are loading bf and weight then gradually drop you calories to 100-150 below matience and do another month of 3 days a week cardio for 45. All cardio should be fasted IMO look up and terms you don't understand in the search bar it will explain better than I can or have time to or google them . Remember everyone's body is different so this is just my suggestion I'm no expert.
    Thanks, as I stated a second ago.. I know I do way more than 30 mins of mod cardio 3 days/week. I do 45 mins intense cardio 7 days / week
    I have no clue how much my daily intake has been or is.. I've been eating for survival.. so barely anything..I'd be lucky if it were 700 cals or more...
    I appreciate your suggestion, but I have no clue what my daily values have been... so its not helpful.. sorry.. it would be if I knew that need info.. sorry.. I know you meant well

I know it was and would help if I knew what my values were that I need to calculate all that.. but I don't.. I wonder if I should chill out with the cardio some.. I'm doing way more than he suggested as a starting point for cardio.. its not that I'm lazy or overeat.. it the exact opposite with both...

Google images of bf%.. Select yours and be honest with yourself

Take your weight and say if you are 30% then you'd take your weight x.7 and multiply by 13

Example if your 25% at 225

225x.75=169

169x13=maintenance

Good luck, head to nutrition section read stickies and check out other females diets and copy them in a sense and make your cals add up..
    MUSCLENUTANT likes this.

Google images of bf%.. Select yours and be honest with yourself

Take your weight and say if you are 30% then you'd take your weight x.7 and multiply by 13

Example if your 25% at 225

225x.75=169

169x13=maintenance

Good luck, head to nutrition section read stickies and check out other females diets and copy them in a sense and make your cals add up..
    Ok.. thanks.. I'll do that...

Thanks the reason being my mom had similar issues so I did some research on a slow diet and training program for her that was working great intill she quit lol. Your deff right tho some need to go above to loss everyone is different tho and IMO losing alot of bf is a big hurdle and delicate considering some are carb sensitive or fat sensitive and so on.

Thanks, as I stated a second ago.. I know I do way more than 30 mins of mod cardio 3 days/week. I do 45 mins intense cardio 7 days / week
    I have no clue how much my daily intake has been or is.. I've been eating for survival.. so barely anything..I'd be lucky if it were 700 cals or more...
    I appreciate your suggestion, but I have no clue what my daily values have been... so its not helpful.. sorry.. it would be if I knew that need info.. sorry.. I know you meant well
    I don't recommend this do you know how your health is and the risks being over weight does to your body do you watch your heart rate when doing this? Seriously if you could just tune your diet in and try to watch and listen to your body even without cardio you could drop bf.
    MUSCLENUTANT likes this.

I don't recommend this do you know how your health is and the risks being over weight does to your body do you watch your heart rate when doing this? Seriously if you could just tune your diet in and try to watch and listen to your body even without cardio you could drop bf.
    I do how my heath is.. my heart is fine and in good shape.. I dont get out of breath or have trouble breathing.. yes I do watch my heart rate.. and considering I have bradycardia anyway... it doesnt go up much no matter how hard I work.. I am well aware of the risks of being overweight.. I have been checked for all of them and show no indicators for any of them..my heart is fine, b/p is always normal, my blood sugar is always normal..

I do how my heath is.. my heart is fine and in good shape.. I dont get out of breath or have trouble breathing.. yes I do watch my heart rate.. and considering I have bradycardia anyway... it doesnt go up much no matter how hard I work.. I am well aware of the risks of being overweight.. I have been checked for all of them and show no indicators for any of them..my heart is fine, b/p is always normal, my blood sugar is always normal..
    Ok still not recommended to do High intensity cardio off the bat. Focus on diet and start cardio slowly then you can gauge you progress more efficiently and listen to your body better. But right now diet is key I say 80% diet 20% training .
    MUSCLENUTANT likes this.

Ok still not recommended to do High intensity cardio off the bat. Focus on diet and start cardio slowly then you can gauge you progress more efficiently and listen to your body better. But right now diet is key I say 80% diet 20% training .
    ok,, I dont believe you are understanding me correctly.. I'm not being rude or trying to argue.. just clarifying.. I'm not starting my cardio routine off the bat.... I've been at it for 11 months now.. starting really showing major changes in December.. I explained the my current circumstances.. and why things seem to have come to a halt... I checked the google bf% images.. I dont match any of them... I assumed around 40% looking at those I'd say 28%.. my only bad spot is tummy, and hips.. my tris arent great cause of loose skin from fast fat loss.. I have a ton of muscle built but some excess skin covers some of it.. while other things look obvious, have definition and striations I think HIIT is exactly what I need but done as a full body workout..

ok,, I dont believe you are understanding me correctly.. I'm not being rude or trying to argue.. just clarifying.. I'm not starting my cardio routine off the bat.... I've been at it for 11 months now.. starting really showing major changes in December.. I explained the my current circumstances.. and why things seem to have come to a halt... I checked the google bf% images.. I dont match any of them... I assumed around 40% looking at those I'd say 28%.. my only bad spot is tummy, and hips.. my tris arent great cause of loose skin from fast fat loss.. I have a ton of muscle built but some excess skin covers some of it.. while other things look obvious, have definition and striations I think HIIT is exactly what I need but done as a full body workout..
    Well you failed to mention you have been doing this for so long. If it has been 11 months an you are training as hard as you say your diet is not even close to what it should be sry. Like previously mention IMO you need to get you diet straight first. Metabolism can be boosted by what you eat and When you eat is also a huge help. What is your diet like now post it maybe I can help with that .

Thread Information